Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerow

rebel
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
"More details on Mega Evolutions. Mega Diancie receives a big boost to its Speed, as well as boosts to its Attack and Sp. Atk, while experiencing a reduction in its Defense and Sp. Def. Mega Metagross also has a greatly increased Speed stat, with additional increases in its Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, and Sp. Def, making Mega Metagross primed for both offense and defense."

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Also:
'Pikachu appears on stage wearing an elaborate outfit! Is this some kind of Contest Hall?'
source

Guise, i think we might have contest again

"More details on Mega Evolutions. Mega Diancie receives a big boost to its Speed, as well as boosts to its Attack and Sp. Atk, while experiencing a reduction in its Defense and Sp. Def.
50/145/125/145/125/110 for mega diancie? Any predictions for megagross?

I hate the fact that everyone is copying Charizard X now. Still, I don't think Mega Metagross is going to ubers or anything. It's OHKO'd with a Flare Blitz with Mega Charizard X, and I'm guessing its stats will be:

80/155/140/115/100/110

The flaws that it has is a not so fantastic special defense, weak to 4 very common typings. It'll be a force to be reckoned with, but it still does only have meteor mash as a boosting move, and I haven't really seen iron defense. So yeah, in my opinion it's really good, but not overpowered. What I love about him is that it'll be the ultimate fairy type killer, perfect to shut them up and stop being overpowered. Mega Metagross deserves to be in the A+ or S rank in OU.

Still one of his good moves is earthquake and it doesn't get a boost from it, so it's not capable of OHKO'ing Mega Zard X.

And it seems that Talonflame might be the counter for him. He easily outspeeds him.

I'm just hoping that its base speed stat is actually 100. Just so it's average. I hate when Game freak mega evolve a Pokemon that doesn't really deserve it. Charizard DID deserve it! Completely! But Metagross? He did need one, but not as much.

Last edited:
"More details on Mega Evolutions. Mega Diancie receives a big boost to its Speed, as well as boosts to its Attack and Sp. Atk, while experiencing a reduction in its Defense and Sp. Def. Mega Metagross also has a greatly increased Speed stat, with additional increases in its Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, and Sp. Def, making Mega Metagross primed for both offense and defense."

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
This makes Mega Metagross the first Mega to have all 5 stats(other than HP) boosted?

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Details

The Pokémon Company International has sent out a release detailing more about the news that has come this past week. In this release, it shows footage of Mega Metagross confirmed to have Tough Claws, as well as the reveal of the Pikachu appearences: Pikachu Belle, Pikachu Rock Star, Pikachu Pop Star, Pikachu Ph. D, Pikachu Libre.
Serebii provided names for Pikachu

In your opinion guys: Do you find it annoying that Mega Metagross copies Mega Charizard X on its ability? I find it extremely annoying and pointless.

In fact, since I'm here, I am gonna give my own preview analysis to Mega Metagross

Pros
-Has an amazing defensive typing. It also is immune to toxic.
-Has an extremely high attack and a really high defense. I predict that with Tough Claws, it'll be base 225.
-Kills all these annoying fairies (except Azumarill)
-Its bulkyness and high attack provides it with different roles it can fill.
-Amazing speed that outspeeds Pokemon like Garchomp.

Cons
-Not having a huge boost to its special defenses, it'll be weak against Dark and Ghost types that 85% of the times are special attackers.
-It is weak to burn, so the best way to shut it is giving it a burn. It's attack would drop to 112.5. Still usable, though.
-Its typing doesn't help its offensive capabilities: Steel and Pyschic affect Ice, Rock, Fighting, Fairy and Poison, which except for Fighting and fairy, aren't really that common.

Set:
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbutt
-Light Screen (I guess)

Light screen would help it to deal with coverage and Light screen would compensate its rather low in comparison Sp. Def. With the proper support, it will be devastating. Think about it: Chansey that use aromatherapy or an eevelution with wish. I would pair him up with Vaporeon, that checks ground and fire types.

Checks: Gliscor, Charizard X, Hippowdon, Sableye (Burn and then mega evolve), Life Orb Gengar, and Rotom-W, that is immune to Earthquake and is capable of giving it a burn. And pretty much any faster special attacker with the proper moveset.

Last edited:
In your opinion guys: Do you find it annoying that Mega Metagross copies Mega Charizard X on its ability? I find it extremely annoying and pointless.
First off, no this isn't copying. That would be like saying all Pokemon with the same ability copies another one that came before. Also, Tough Claws fits into the MegaGross design much better than it does with Mega Zard X.

I am more hyped about Leaf Blade Shiftry than Mega Metagross for some reason. I mean Leaf Blade is the best physical Grass type moves and now one of the few physical Grass type Pokemon gets it. I know it's just a 10 power buff from Seed Bomb but still Leaf Blade looks a lot cooler.

If Pikachu DOES get a Mega, I'm going to hunt down every single person in GameFreak...
EDIT: It seriously better not be like cloned Megas. I'd die. Gamefreak needs to stop obsessing over Pikachu.

I am more hyped about Leaf Blade Shiftry than Mega Metagross for some reason. I mean Leaf Blade is the best physical Grass type moves and now one of the few physical Grass type Pokemon gets it. I know it's just a 10 power buff from Seed Bomb but still Leaf Blade looks a lot cooler.
i think we should all be excited for this because it is probable that other mons will get their movepool widened. a lot of potential here.

Yeah but Aerodactyl, Barbaracle and Charizard needed a boost. Mega Metagross didn't need such a huge boost.
yea, charizard really needed another extremely powerful mega, amirite? pls. stop.

i think we should all be excited for this because it is probable that other mons will get their movepool widened. a lot of potential here.

yea, charizard really needed another extremely powerful mega, amirite? pls. stop.
Well it went from NU to OU. I didn't say it needed another mega, in fact, Charizard Y should have never existed. Pls stop.

Lightningrod was considered really good?
Sorry, still on that. God.
Everything in mind, I wouldn't expect Levitate as Megagross' ability. Usually for Megas they try to go with an ability that would seem really impressive and threatening and fits the Pokémon's role--
Wait, wait, lightningrod Megatile. Forgot.
Lightning rod definitely isn't bad, I will argue. An immunity to a decent attacking type makes Sceptile useful in doubles/triples/rotation to help cover the weaknesses of your other favorites who are susceptible to electric attacks. And unlike most lightningrod users, he has some interesting STABs to play around with.

J-j-just give him a chance, ok?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)