Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is sorta off-point but will lucky egg be a gift item in the game? It's been available since b/w and it's near impossible to find it on chansey(i'd know, i always obtained one in platinum taking 3-5hrs.)
Is lucky egg still relevant to your playthroughs? Would it make any difference if it wasn't included in oras?
Briney will take us to Orre to snatch it from Micheal at the last moment.

I never really made much use of the Lucky Egg myself, outside of completing my dex in Diamond, even after it became standard to get one for free. But I don't see it making anymore of a plot difference for the Lucky Egg to show up at some point than it would to replace the Exp. Share with the Exp. All, which I would not be surprised to see, given the fact that for them to revert it, it would have to become a hold item again, and thereby open it up to be sent back into Kalos.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The old kooks at the top of Mt Pyre accidentally give you a Lucky Egg instead of the correct orb. Calling it now.
Er... why would they do that? More likely than not, the Lucky Egg will be provided as a gift from Birch/opposite gender character/Wally/Devon Corperation or any of the other random in-game NPCs.

So this is sorta off-point but will lucky egg be a gift item in the game? It's been available since b/w and it's near impossible to find it on chansey(i'd know, i always obtained one in platinum taking 3-5hrs.)
Is lucky egg still relevant to your playthroughs? Would it make any difference if it wasn't included in oras?
I really hope we don't get the Lucky Egg as a gift this game. I mean the Lucky Egg is supposed to be rare but ever since generation 5 they have been handing out Lucky Eggs like they are candy.

Deleted User 220884

Banned deucer.
Got a question, for the Super Secret Bases. So you can make your own "gym", and on the jpn Trailer, I saw NPC's standing around your own gym puzzle. So does that mean you can configure NPC's, to battle others Automatically once they get in your Secret Base? Also, if that's comfirmed, so how do the NPC's get pokemon? You lend it to them, or it's just randomly generated?

I really hope we don't get the Lucky Egg as a gift this game. I mean the Lucky Egg is supposed to be rare but ever since generation 5 they have been handing out Lucky Eggs like they are candy.
To be fair, I kind of prefer that to "Spend hours in this safari zone trying to catch the rarest most hardest to capture Pokémon in it that will probably flee and catch it a lot of times and it MIGHT have an item that makes levelling up a little easier!!!!"

Got a question, for the Super Secret Bases. So you can make your own "gym", and on the jpn Trailer, I saw NPC's standing around your own gym puzzle. So does that mean you can configure NPC's, to battle others Automatically once they get in your Secret Base? Also, if that's confirmed, so how do the NPC's get pokemon? You lend it to them, or it's just randomly generated?
Oooo, good questions. I hadn't even thought about the idea of "populating" your base with NPCs... To be honest I was assuming that having NPCs visit your base was just a motivation for you to go to your base more frequently. Like they just drop by for a bit and there's sometimes a reason to interact with them. Otherwise you never actually get to see people visit your base, it's just this place you send to other people's games and you spend all your time visiting theirs.

But since they are advertising bases as a chance to set up your own gym it could be possible... And it would be weird if you couldn't, at least on some level, somehow assign Pokemon to them otherwise they wouldn't fit your gym theme. maybe there's a large pool of NPCs and you can select from them based on their mons... or maybe you can tell them to use specific types and their team adjusts accordingly. Actually lending them your Pokemon seems a little... un-Pokemon like cause you tend to only give people your Pokemon for battling by trading it to them... but it's not impossible I guess.

Last edited:
Got a question, for the Super Secret Bases. So you can make your own "gym", and on the jpn Trailer, I saw NPC's standing around your own gym puzzle. So does that mean you can configure NPC's, to battle others Automatically once they get in your Secret Base? Also, if that's comfirmed, so how do the NPC's get pokemon? You lend it to them, or it's just randomly generated?
I hope you lend it to them. Not sure if you can challenge your own "gym", but if you can, it would be fun to see how the team I play through the story with fares against my competitive Mons.

I was thinking about the "team of six Blissey for easy exp in the Secret Bases" idea and realized something. Blissey has something that would make it a breeze to beat if it was the only move it has: Healing Wish. It knocks out the user to fully heal the replacement (doesn't work if it is the last one, though). Have six Blissey with that and each holding a Black Sludge would make that idea even better.

They'll be smarter than that and disable EXP on Secret Bases, just like they did in HGSS's Trainer house.
That's because the Trainer House became a place to earn an extra Battle Point or so. They might disable EXP and force everything to Lv 50 like a Battle facility, or they might not and allow teams of incredibly weak Pokemon for easy EV farming and Blissy with death wishes for insane EXP farming. We can't say for certain one way or another at this point.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
That's because the Trainer House became a place to earn an extra Battle Point or so. They might disable EXP and force everything to Lv 50 like a Battle facility, or they might not and allow teams of incredibly weak Pokemon for easy EV farming and Blissy with death wishes for insane EXP farming. We can't say for certain one way or another at this point.
That's exactly what I'm expecting. We could do these Blissey teams in GSC because the Trainer House gave EXP. I believe the Secret Bases will give shards for Tutors and/or decoration items, with BPs being still exclusive to the Frontier (and their Tutors).

That's exactly what I'm expecting. We could do these Blissey teams in GSC because the Trainer House gave EXP. I believe the Secret Bases will give shards for Tutors and/or decoration items, with BPs being still exclusive to the Frontier (and their Tutors).
But then what will determine what shards are given out? There's four different color shards. And if they were going to go through all the effort to advertize the new Super Secret Base thing as the chance to make your own gym, apparently complete with a few gym trainers along the way, why make it all just to hand out shards that certain wild Pokemon had the possibility of holding anyway? Still, it's too early to say for sure what Game Freak will do.

...If you're right, I hope they dump a boatload of various color shards on the player for beating these bases.

Well, we don't know for certain that that you can populate your base with NPCs to battle visitors, yet. We just know that NPCs come to your base.

I would personally think it very unlikely that battles inside bases give exp. They're about the closest thing to player v player battles without actually being them. At the same time I wouldn't have expected that your Pokemon would get healed at the end of the battle or that your consumed one-use items (like Air Balloon) would be returned to you... and that tends to go hand in hand with no exp gain. Still I think it way more likely that you are awarded alternative prizes, and that your consumed items are returned etc. etc.

So what are the prizes? BP? Shards? maybe...
But you usually earn BP where you spend it. I would bet that you earn decorations for your secret base or maybe something like points in some sort of secret base point system separate from BP that allows you to buy decorations somewhere or make certain upgrades to you base. Basically I would expect that the prizes match the arena.

Also, it has always been the case that you can battle the secret base's owner/creator once it's in your game. You could make a set up in the orginal RSE games and call it a "gym" if you wanted. So I wonder if there's actually different setting you can potentially make on that PC next to the flag. Like set you base to be a "typical base" or set it to actually be a "gym." And depending on the setting the prizes would be different. idk, just speculating...

The flags next to the PC seems important since it also displays the base owner's name when you enter. There might be some sort of "capture the flag" like elements to other people's bases as well.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
They'll be smarter than that and disable EXP on Secret Bases, just like they did in HGSS's Trainer house.
That's because the Trainer House became a place to earn an extra Battle Point or so. They might disable EXP and force everything to Lv 50 like a Battle facility, or they might not and allow teams of incredibly weak Pokemon for easy EV farming and Blissey with death wishes for insane EXP farming. We can't say for certain one way or another at this point.
tbh I don't think either of these would happen. Creating a team of identical Lv100 Blissey would be an incredible amount of grinding, and I believe that having an infinite well of Exp. or EVs to share with other people would be a decent trade-off for all the grinding you'd have to do. That's probably just me though

Another thing that would support the expectation of exp gain in secret bases is that you did gain exp in secret bases in the original RSE...

so actually I don't totally know what to expect.

tbh I don't think either of these would happen. Creating a team of identical Lv100 Blissey would be an incredible amount of grinding, and I believe that having an infinite well of Exp. or EVs to share with other people would be a decent trade-off for all the grinding you'd have to do. That's probably just me though
My question is; if this is such a reasonable idea, why does it seem like GF hasn't tried to put it in any subsequent games. If they want to stick to the source material, maybe, but really I don't see it happening. GF has already done enough this gen to make grinding cake, and premade suicide teams seems to be contrary to the competitive nature of pokemon.

I've never had one of those bases due to playing Emerald on my DS. What's good about them? How do people battle other people? How are the teams made?

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've never had one of those bases due to playing Emerald on my DS. What's good about them? How do people battle other people? How are the teams made?
First, you can battle a cpu that has your friend's team, meaning you can either face a tough team or can face a weak team to make level grinding much easier. Second, in R/S/E, there was what was known as mixing records, which made it so you can check your buddy's base out if they had one in their game. And third, you use your buddy's party as the team the cpu will use in your game.

So, a question about mechanics... How do you think they will address two friends having the same Secret Base location? If I recall correctly, if you mixed records before with a friend who had a base in the same location as another friend, it would overlap (and please correct me if I'm wrong!). Do you think they will update this to allow all of your friends' bases to be accessible at the same time, despite any overlap of location choices?

Ok, new megas are good and everything but I'd really like to see some new pokemon :( I'm NEVER satisfied.. it's a curse
You'll be very disappointed. There is absolutely no way they'd add new Pokémon - Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion nonwithstanding - until the next generation. Forms, Megas and Primals, to me, are the perfect way to introduce 'new' Pokémon to a new game within an already existing generation.

You'll be very disappointed. There is absolutely no way they'd add new Pokémon - Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion nonwithstanding - until the next generation. Forms, Megas and Primals, to me, are the perfect way to introduce 'new' Pokémon to a new game within an already existing generation.
That's depressing, the limitation of only being able to have one mega per team means we wont see too much change in the meta, moving into the new generation outside of these? Maybe new battle items but I suppose I can wait a few more years :P

Last edited:

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So, a question about mechanics... How do you think they will address two friends having the same Secret Base location? If I recall correctly, if you mixed records before with a friend who had a base in the same location as another friend, it would overlap (and please correct me if I'm wrong!). Do you think they will update this to allow all of your friends' bases to be accessible at the same time, despite any overlap of location choices?
From the video, it seems like they are encouraging others to connect with dozens of other people and share Secret Bases, so it's likely that they will fix this issue and likely have all the bases accessible at the same time, or at least warn you when you're going to overlap someone's base when you connect with someone new.

That's depressing, the limitation of only being able to have one mega per team means we wont see too much change in the meta, moving into the new generation outside of these? Maybe new battle items but I suppose I can wait a few more years :P
I'd rather not have the game and meta change drastically each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)