Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm laughing my ass off thinking what mega slowking will look like. Picture a slowking following the design of megabro. :Lolololol
Is anyone else reminded of the rabbit from alice in wonderland when they look at mega audino?

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Slowbro looks so stupid, lol. I love Slowbro but this design is just ridiculous. I'm thinking it might get Rapid Spin though based on the design, and if it gets a real significant stat boost it could be an excellent bulky spinner.

EDIT: Come to think of it, mega Pokemon have the same moves that the regular Pokemon has, so unless normal Slowbro gets rapid spin, that's not happening. And I don't think there's any way Slowbro is getting rapid spin.

I'm also thinking Mega Slowking is going to be revealed in the near future, although Mega Flygon still needs to be revealed and we're going a bit overboard on the megas, so I'm not entirely sure. We've had no precedent (I believe this is the first time a branched evolution got a mega evolution) but it would be nice to have. Plus, I think Mega Slowking would lend itself better to a mega evolution considering its more regal and detailed design, compared to Slowbro which has a more simple design (and look how stupid his mega turned out).

I'm really hoping for mega reuniclus to happen now! :-)
Please no :(

I love Reuniclus and would hate for this to happen

Last edited:
Aww kurona you just stole my thunder about Mega slowbro and how he makes for a awesome crocune user. Shell Armour is a brilliant ability for a defensive mon that relies on boosting. As a frequent user of Suicune I have lost count how many times a crit while boosting ends up with me losing the game. Yeah water/physic is worse than pure water (ghost and dark are bad weakness in this meta) and no lefties suck but having much greater def and sattack really do make for a much more potent crocune abuser. The only rival now will be Sableye as he can use recover and magic bounce to keep it healthy and can have two boosted attacks to work with. Time will tell which is better and which I use. Oh and he looks so awesome! How on earth is he standing up!? He seems on the verge of falling all the time due to balancing on his little tail lol.

Audino on the other hand looks really cute. I always liked her design but wished it could be used more, and now it has a chance in doubles as a first class cleric thanks to its good typing, movepool and bulk. In singles however it does not so rosy. Useless ability and no form of offence (60/60/50 lol which probably won't be boosted much) means all its good for is being a very bulky cleric (has heal bell and wish coming of 103 hp). While being a great cleric is nice its not worth using your mega stone for it and chansey will still end up being top dog. The only hope for Audino in singles is that the screenshots that indicate de-evolution is real and exclusive to this guy. I am highly doubtful this will happen, but it could be done. The hp could be fixed like transform but everything else changes. If that happens I can't wait to watch dragon dance magikarp attempt a sweep. It would make the game so hilarious if things like that happen. Make it happen GF please!

You guys really want Regenerator on something with likely 150+ base defense and reliable recovery? As if Regenerator cores aren't annoying enough already.

Shell Armour is not useless. Can't count the number of times my wall or set up sweeper got screwed over by a crit.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I for one like that Mega Slowbro loses Regenerator as it means there is still merit to using regular Slowbro. I think most agree that the best megas are ones that provide alternative uses to a Pokemon without overshadowing the original to the point that you'd never use it. If you're using a full defensive set that you want to have longevity, regular Slowbro is still a choice (that is if the defense boost for mega Slowbro isn't so insanely high that it is better than having Regenerator...).

Shell Armor with a Defense and Special Attack boost basically begs for a Calm Mind set as now you can't get critted out during a Calm Mind war. Mega Slowbro can set up on most water types easily.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
/vp/ to the rescue

This looks better imo... Stupid 4chan.

Also i have a feeling I would like Megabro a lot more if it was just, lying down. And not sitting on its tail like a spinning top :| That looks dumb. I think people are understating what Regen brings to the party. MegaBro will need huge hela bell support because if it gets toxiced its gg :|

Aww kurona you just stole my thunder about Mega slowbro and how he makes for a awesome crocune user. Shell Armour is a brilliant ability for a defensive mon that relies on boosting. As a frequent user of Suicune I have lost count how many times a crit while boosting ends up with me losing the game. Yeah water/physic is worse than pure water (ghost and dark are bad weakness in this meta) and no lefties suck but having much greater def and sattack really do make for a much more potent crocune abuser. The only rival now will be Sableye as he can use recover and magic bounce to keep it healthy and can have two boosted attacks to work with. Time will tell which is better and which I use. Oh and he looks so awesome! How on earth is he standing up!? He seems on the verge of falling all the time due to balancing on his little tail lol.

Audino on the other hand looks really cute. I always liked her design but wished it could be used more, and now it has a chance in doubles as a first class cleric thanks to its good typing, movepool and bulk. In singles however it does not so rosy. Useless ability and no form of offence (60/60/50 lol which probably won't be boosted much) means all its good for is being a very bulky cleric (has heal bell and wish coming of 103 hp). While being a great cleric is nice its not worth using your mega stone for it and chansey will still end up being top dog. The only hope for Audino in singles is that the screenshots that indicate de-evolution is real and exclusive to this guy. I am highly doubtful this will happen, but it could be done. The hp could be fixed like transform but everything else changes. If that happens I can't wait to watch dragon dance magikarp attempt a sweep. It would make the game so hilarious if things like that happen. Make it happen GF please!
Why he still stands? Psychic power ofcourse! I vaguely remember from Alakazam's pokedex entry that he could move/stand because of his brainpower.

With a significant boost to both defense and special attack, mega crobro is going to be a thing of nightmares. It can even take hits early on with regenerator and not dimish its usefulness in the slightest for late game. Not even crits can stop this monster.

wait
>Audino gets Wish
WELP
I'M SOLD, PERFECT.

hmm, shell armor...... I guess if it wounds up becoming a defensive behemoth regenerator might be too much. But man, shell armor is one of those things that need something extra

But also, Gen 5 Mega Hype

I'm sure the stat boosts alone will make them useful, like how Mega Alakazam and Mega Mewtwo X are still quite good. Plus, Audino is now a Fairy type, so that is obviously super good for it.
I don't think it is correct to compare Mega Slowbro to Mega Alakazam or Mega Mewtwo X. Trace allows Alakazam to perform fucking sweet shenanigans, such as wrecking house after tracing Sheer Force or Protean, revenging weather sweepers such as Excadrill and Kingdra under their own weather, switching into stuff like Heatran, regular Manectric and Thundurus-Therian basically for free(you get a Sp.Atk Boost from regular Manectric too!!!), softening Gyarados and Landorus-Therian, coming out from the battle against a Regenerator core basically unscathed, fighting toe to toe against SubToxic Gliscor and not giving a fuck about the occasional but pretty annoying Stockpile Quagsire and Cosmic Power/Calm Mind Unaware Clefable. Moreover, the main uses of Magic Guard on Alakazam were abusing a Focus Sash that can't be broken by passive damage and a recoil-less Life Orb, two things that you can't obviously do when holding Alakazite, so Magic Guard would have been almost useless on Mega Alakazam, considering it doesn't have a Stealth Rocks weakness.
Mega Mewtwo X, gains a brand new typing, which gives it neutrality to Dark and Bug(notably, Yveltal's Sucker Punch and Genesect's U-Turn which regular Mewtwo hates), at the only cost of weakness to Flying(a very rare offensive typing in ubers, the only three users of which are smacked by Stone Edge before they can even move, unless they run scarf) and Fairy; and obviously it gains a massive attack stats, the highest in the game without counting Hustle and Huge/Pure Power(and even then, only Mega Mawile and Mega Medicham surpass it) as well as an incredibly powerful STAB with very good coverage in Low Kick, giving it a completely different niche from its regular form and its Mega Evolved counterpart

Mega Slowbro, on the other hand, doesn't gain a new type, gets a power up in the stat it already excelled in, loses Regenerator, which would be even better on a Mega Evolution, considering the lack of passive recovery, for... Shell Armor which is almost useless. And I'm not even saying it should have kept Regenerator. It could have had Magic Guard, or the automatic Trick Room ability we are waiting for years, heck, even Oblivious would be a better ability, as it stops a Calm Mind/Trick Room set from being Taunted. But no... Shell Armor ._.

I'm just imagining how they'll show Mega Slowbro moving; especially in the anime. Just like... some sort of spinning top or whatever; should be funny to see. Maybe it'll get Rapid Spin...? It'd be funny to see regular Slowbro using it.

Talpr0ne post: 5661625 said:
I don't think it is correct to compare Mega Slowbro to Mega Alakazam or Mega Mewtwo X. Trace allows Alakazam to perform fucking sweet shenanigans, such as wrecking house after tracing Sheer Force or Protean, revenging weather sweepers such as Excadrill and Kingdra under their own weather, switching into stuff like Heatran, regular Manectric and Thundurus-Therian basically for free(you get a Sp.Atk Boost from regular Manectric too!!!), softening Gyarados and Landorus-Therian, coming out from the battle against a Regenerator core basically unscathed, fighting toe to toe against SubToxic Gliscor and not giving a fuck about the occasional but pretty annoying Stockpile Quagsire and Cosmic Power/Calm Mind Unaware Clefable. Moreover, the main uses of Magic Guard on Alakazam were abusing a Focus Sash that can't be broken by passive damage and a recoil-less Life Orb, two things that you can't obviously do when holding Alakazite, so Magic Guard would have been almost useless on Mega Alakazam, considering it doesn't have a Stealth Rocks weakness.
Mega Mewtwo X, gains a brand new typing, which gives it neutrality to Dark and Bug(notably, Yveltal's Sucker Punch and Genesect's U-Turn which regular Mewtwo hates), at the only cost of weakness to Flying(a very rare offensive typing in ubers, the only three users of which are smacked by Stone Edge before they can even move, unless they run scarf) and Fairy; and obviously it gains a massive attack stats, the highest in the game without counting Hustle and Huge/Pure Power(and even then, only Mega Mawile and Mega Medicham surpass it) as well as an incredibly powerful STAB with very good coverage in Low Kick, giving it a completely different niche from its regular form and its Mega Evolved counterpart

Mega Slowbro, on the other hand, doesn't gain a new type, gets a power up in the stat it already excelled in, loses Regenerator, which would be even better on a Mega Evolution, considering the lack of passive recovery, for... Shell Armor which is almost useless. And I'm not even saying it should have kept Regenerator. It could have had Magic Guard, or the automatic Trick Room ability we are waiting for years, heck, even Oblivious would be a better ability, as it stops a Calm Mind/Trick Room set from being Taunted. But no... Shell Armor ._.
But shell armor is perfect for crobro sets. Regenerator early on to take hits and shell armor to prevent untimely crits.

Come to think of it, Slowking really took a blow with this announcement.

It was already the hardest Slowpoke evolution to acquire, requiring a trade holding a semi-rare item. If I remember correctly, the King's Rock wouldn't be available any earlier in-game than a lvl. 39 Slowpoke anyway, so "early power" isn't too big a selling point for Slowking. Okay, it learns Psychic earlier than Slowbro, and it gets Nasty Plot (which works so well with its base 30 Speed), but Slowbro was always the easier choice to go for, and will now become the superior one too. Players are practically given the choice: "Do you want to evolve Slowpoke into something that can Mega-Evolve, or hassle around with a rare item to evolve it into something that can't?"

Also, consider me really skeptical on the whole "de-evolution" thing. It implies a HP change in battle, and in the pictures, it's clear that it's Mega Audino's battle partner Sceptile that takes the effect of the attack. The pictures were probably taken from two different battles, for some reason. Besides, it would clash rather badly with XY's game mechanics, for reasons I've stated dozens of times in this thread already.
To be fair, patching is a thing now. I know, the "some people have no internet" argument, but that's pretty far-fetched in 2014, and they could even put the patch on the OR/AS cart.

What I have never got is how that thing is a Shellder. Looks more like a Ferroseed or something.
I'm also thinking Mega Slowking is going to be revealed in the near future, although Mega Flygon still needs to be revealed and we're going a bit overboard on the megas, so I'm not entirely sure. We've had no precedent (I believe this is the first time a branched evolution got a mega evolution) but it would be nice to have.
image.jpg

Seriously? Shell Armor? I was gonna try to RNG a Regen Slowpoke from Dream Radar, then I saw M-Slowbro and got excited, then saw bloody fucking Shell Armor and lost my hype almost instantly. Why, Troll Freak?

Seriously? Shell Armor? I was gonna try to RNG a Regen Slowpoke from Dream Radar, then I saw M-Slowbro and got excited, then saw bloody fucking Shell Armor and lost my hype almost instantly. Why, Troll Freak?
Why dont people understand why this is a good thing? Mega bro is going to exclusively be a crobro. Shell armor is great for defensive boosting and you still have regen early on.

It may be just me, but the thing with 'Korean accidental leaking' just smells kinda fishy? Why would they be holding off this information, and for how long will they? Are these somehow not finished? Am I just in denial of two Megas having painfully situational abilities? (The last one is most certainly yes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)