Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think we're going to get new moves, ability changes, or base stat changes or are we keeping everything we currently have from XY?

Oh, I almost forgot: inb4 introduction of actual legendary trio since Hoopa, Volcanion, and Diancie really aren't similar at all. And Floette-E isn't really apart of anything.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sceptile's main problem is that its movepool does not compliment its stats at all. It has stuff like Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Thunder Punch, Drain Punch, Leaf Blade, Rock Slide, Swords Dance, and Outrage but a crappy Attack Stat. A mega would need a usable Attack stat to be viable.

Oh, I almost forgot: inb4 introduction of actual legendary trio since Hoopa, Volcanion, and Diancie really aren't similar at all. And Floette-E isn't really apart of anything.
I think those 3 will be released in Pokemon Z / X2/ Y2/ whatever it is gonna be called. This also happened with Shaymin and Pokemon Platinum so it will probably happen again. Hoopa, Volcanion and Diance also have nothing to do with the Hoenn region.

This names were trademarked after BW2, so new megas might be a possibility

Mega Groudon, Mega Kyogre, Mega Rayquaza, Mega Minun, Mega Plusle, Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert

Gamefreak pokemon following you make it happen damit

I think those 3 will be released in Pokemon Z / X2/ Y2/ whatever it is gonna be called. This also happened with Shaymin and Pokemon Platinum so it will probably happen again. Hoopa, Volcanion and Diance also have nothing to do with the Hoenn region.
What I'm saying is that Gen VI has no trio outside of cover legendaries and it would be the first generation for that to be the case. I would assume at some point they would have to be added whether it's the 3rd gen remakes or Z/X2Y2.

Anyone think we're going to get new moves, ability changes, or base stat changes or are we keeping everything we currently have from XY?
Stat and ability changes are difficult to do mid gen, so besides megas, it's doubtful.

Moves meanwhile are almost a sure thing. Probably not a lot, but a handful almost always happen (come on Crabhammer Swampert!)

Oh yeah, the new mechanics of updates mean they can do stuff like stat changes, though I doubt they will. More likely we'll get new megas and maybe some new moves

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hardly.

1) Fully new, Dex-numbered Pokémon have never been introduced mid-generation. They either exist in the coding of the first games in the generation, or they don't exist at all (Original Dragon, anybody?).
2) This would make them incompatible with X/Y.
3) And don't pull the whole "but they wanted to hide them so they only exist in X/Y if you patch the game" argument. If that was the case, Hoopa, Diancie and Volcanion would have been hidden the same way.

EDIT:
I mean, where does it end?
It ends when GameFreak stops making money from it. Not before.

Last edited:
I don't know how I feel about this, honestly. FRLG and HGSS filled a gap. I mean, where does it end? Like, with this logic, we need to re-remake RGBY/FRLG.

Don't get me wrong. I'll still buy them. But meh.

Concerning Mega Evos, I find it highly probable that there won't be any new ones besides Mega Latis. Either that or Gamefreak can use a patch for XY to implement any new Megas introduced in these new games (OR/AS? are those the acronyms to be used by the fandom?). My main concern is that unlike previous formes (Giratina-O in D/P, Incarnate genies in BW), not being able to see a Mega in battle is arguably a much bigger deal so umimplemented Megas in XY could prove to be a problem to the interactivity of OR/AS and XY. They could probably forbid you to use them over Wi-Fi as was the case for Rotoms, Shaymin, and Giratina in Platinum, but where's the fun in that?

Of course, you never know. My own personal wish is that Sceptile gets an awesome part-Dragon Mega and some semblance of badly needed movepool upgrades and Gamefreak uses the option of patching properly to overcome these logistical issues to new Megas.

There is no evidence that XY takes place after BW and BW2, at least none that I can recall off the top of my head. We do know that XY definitely takes place after Platinum (and presumably HGSS) from Looker's storyline, but as far as we know, it is unknown when BW and BW2 take place in relation to XY besides also being after Platinum (as evidenced by Cynthia's musings). Also keep in mind that when canon conflicts, remakes and sequels take precedence over the original games.

EDIT;; I just realized your point...we know that XY and presumably the new remakes take place after Gen IV/II, which is after the original Gen III/Gen I. They will likely alter the storyline, because Nintendo generally doesn't care about maintaining consistent canon :P
Sceptile Is Love, Sceptile Is Life. Really though, I am so excited right now since I get a new version of the first pokémon game I ever played. Cannot wait to see how much they progressed!

I don't know how I feel about this, honestly. FRLG and HGSS filled a gap. I mean, where does it end? Like, with this logic, we need to re-remake RGBY/FRLG.

why would GF do that? They never remake 3rd titles (good call), so Yellow's out, and they've already established the main 2 as Red and Green. Eventually, I think they should totally remake those for newer devices. Pokemon's come a long way since the GBA and there's a whole generation of gamers who haven't experienced Kanto like we have, so it's only a matter of time.

That said, I think they should slow down with the remakes. The skipped generation between HGSS and ORAS (?) is a good sign. The next region to get a remake should either be Sinnoh (since it hasn't had one yet) or Kanto (since it's the region that's been the longest without a major title and it's the only one to not be on a dual screen)

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can you guys imagine how amazing the music in this game is going to be? XY already had some of the best-produced tracks in the series' history. The only thing holding it back a bit was a lack of actual melodies in some places. Meanwhile, the RSE wild and trainer themes are considered the best in the series at 10+ years old. Think of the gym leader themes, eliete 4 themes (my personal favorite over all generations), and things like petalburg and the desert with the 3DS processing?

Not to mention that XY was chock-full of data, containing 300+ Pokemon. Limiting this number expands on the story data that can be included, while keeping it the same gives us a MASSIVE expanse of pokemon to work with, something I have always held hoenn as weak (not a good/usable selection of teammates)

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not to mention that XY was chock-full of data, containing 300+ Pokemon. Limiting this number expands on the story data that can be included, while keeping it the same gives us a MASSIVE expanse of pokemon to work with, something I have always held hoenn as weak (not a good/usable selection of teammates)
At least it had more variety than DP. 200 Pokemon isn't that bad of a selection, and the Hoenn does have a variety of different types to choose from.

Can you guys imagine how amazing the music in this game is going to be? XY already had some of the best-produced tracks in the series' history. The only thing holding it back a bit was a lack of actual melodies in some places. Meanwhile, the RSE wild and trainer themes are considered the best in the series at 10+ years old. Think of the gym leader themes, eliete 4 themes (my personal favorite over all generations), and things like petalburg and the desert with the 3DS processing?
I always loved the desert theme along with route 101, rival battle, victory road, and surfing themes. Too bad that massive Tentacool and Zubat outbreaks are gonna make a return though.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I originally felt this way, but then I realized the facts.

RSE are hosted on aging hardware. GBA carts have greater longevity than Game Boy batteries, but are encountering save issues and slowly degrading copper contacts. The last hardware that could play the GBA games was the DS lite, which is a generation and a half removed from the current hardware and long since discontinued. Good luck finding one without a broken hinge for a reasonable price.

Also, there is a growing part of the fanbase that have never played the original games. Going by NA release dates, RS are 11 years old; iirc there was a 6 year gap between RB and FRLG and a 9 year gap between GS and HGSS. There is a longer gap between the original RS and these remakes than the previous remakes. I'm going to make a safe assumption that the majority of the fanbase 15 and younger have never played the Hoenn games (allowing for the fact that not everyone is keen on giving a three or four year old a GBA); they are also the target demographic for the Pokemon franchise. Not to mention the fact that the fanbase has been clamoring for them ever since HGSS. It makes perfect sense when you take all of these factors into account.

Hardly.

1) Fully new, Dex-numbered Pokémon have never been introduced mid-generation. They either exist in the coding of the first games in the generation, or they don't exist at all (Original Dragon, anybody?).
2) This would make them incompatible with X/Y.
3) And don't pull the whole "but they wanted to hide them so they only exist in X/Y if you patch the game" argument. If that was the case, Hoopa, Diancie and Volcanion would have been hidden the same way.
IDK MAN, maybe they'll be a part of Z/X2Y2. I'm just saying, no generation has gone without a non-cover legendary trio so I would assume its bound to happen.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I just hope the safari zone has the hidden sections that Emerald had before beating the game. I want my Houndoom for the story.

Oh, and also rebattling trainers would be lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)