Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

TrollFreak strikes again!
When will this madman be stopped?!?

In all fairness, that was a bit disappointing. I would've been 100% with seeing the character walk around for 2 seconds, we already know the legendaries and don't really need to see the cutscenes.

So, basically the stream shows Kyogre and Groudon come out from the sea/piece of land respectively, and it shows them triggering Drizzle/Drought, respectively. This is most probably the Sootopolis Showdown scene.

Then they show the differences of the boxart Kyogre/Groudon from what we used to know.

Not much, really. At least it confirms X/Y graphics.

What a disappointing trailer. Although, seeing Groudon emerge from the water and trigger Drought implies that they'll be following RS's storyline, with Groudon in the sea floor cavern rather than Mt. Chimney.

Well, we didn't get much, but at least it wasn't the rival battle at least we got a cutscene. It could very well have been a giant antagonist question mark question mark covering the most useless information in the game. Like tackle's power

I kinda dig the idea of Volcanion coming from this remake.

When Groudon / Kyogre fight each other, their weather abilities could affect the landscape and cause Water / Fire to collide and become Volcanion. The intense heat on the ocean could steam and shit or make some volcano thing happen. I think that's a fucking awesome idea and could totally happen.

Calling it now.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I kinda dig the idea of Volcanion coming from this remake.

When Groudon / Kyogre fight each other, their weather abilities could affect the landscape and cause Water / Fire to collide and become Volcanion. The intense heat on the ocean could steam and shit or make some volcano thing happen. I think that's a fucking awesome idea and could totally happen.

Calling it now.
Volcanoes are the #1 source of fresh water on the surface IRL

Mega Plusle and Minun probably would have an Ability, or just Mega Stone difference, that allows them both to Mega Evolve. However, it wouldn't be compatible with other Mega Evos, so no Mega Plusle + Ampharos or anything.

Mega Plusle and Minun probably would have an Ability, or just Mega Stone difference, that allows them both to Mega Evolve. However, it wouldn't be compatible with other Mega Evos, so no Mega Plusle + Ampharos or anything.
Why waste Mega-Evos on Pikachu clones when Raichu, Sceptile, Swampert, Sableye, Metagross, Milotic, Salamence, Shiftry, Ludicolo and Gallade could get one? Most of them need one badly (Ludi/Shiftry the most imo).

Had a terrible dream last night.

The Ruby and Sapphire remakes were just released, people flooded into Gamestop just to get them. And yes, in my dreams people still shopped at Gamestop. Hmm, that should've been a red flag. Anyway as soon as I started playing, I felt like there was something wrong, something very wrong. The old guy who blocked me from leaving Petalburg forced me to endure his tour of the town and made me enter the new Petalburg Musicals. Then, every Pokemon in trainer battles was nerfed by five levels and the trainers were practically brain-dead "Wallace's Milotic used Splash. Milotic fainted from recoil". I saw a little girl who had her parents bought the game had already beaten Steven with her strongest pokemon, a level 47 Absol. She told me she was now off to go play in professional, competitive matches. I think the worst part was when I discovered TM's were single-use again. That and Blaziken's new alternative MEvo with Huge Power.

Would anyone think that the remakes would stay true to some aspects of the original Ruby and Sapphire such as the crappy limitations of TMs? Any ideas on what Gamefreak will totally miss the mark on for what gamers would expect to happen on these games?

Last edited:

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
re:secret bases in space/dpp underground equivalent

they should make it so the rocket combined with secret power will take you to your own secret PLANET that you can customize like a secret base and your friends can come and check out your planet

I know theres about a 0% chance of it happening but pokemon are supposed to be aliens away (the clefairy episode told me so!) and secret planets would be way fresher than secret bases. plus I loved the underground in dpp and secret planets would be a pretty good way to incorporate the two imo

im already rambling so im just gonna fire off some more wild conjecture: it would be cool if you could get johto starters the way you get kanto starters in xy. I didnt play xy, but rse happens concurrently with rby so the prof could hit you up on your cell phone or whatever newfangled doohickey they give you these days and be like "theres some new species of pokeymon i would like u to raise for ME, professor elm" oh my god i hope thats the right prof or everyone is going to laugh at me and NOT in the way I usually want them to

or sinnoh starters, but i wasnt under the impression those guys were very popular but sinnoh games were concurrent with johto so who knows man, maybe even pick one of the six? infernape and blaziken are the same almost tho...at least the kanto starters all had a different typing from the kalos (?) ones in their final stages

also a space battle frontier would be pretty cool imo, way cooler than island (?) where it is originally.

That preview was a bit disappointing. Disappointing for fourth day news? I suppose not. . .But they gave us too much hype and excitement, all to show a beta cutscene or two (with sound effects that aren't even in the game!). I think it would have been a lot less troll-like to release this WITH the original announcement. Like, "New game! Check out the box art AND this cut scene!"

As for the TM discussion, I'm sure it will be 100 reusable TMs. The remakes largely keep plot and available Pokemon (pre-national-dex), but advancements rarely take steps backward.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hmm, an interesting notion. maybe the twist is that the planet youre terraforming is the pokemon world...in the the future like in planet of the apes. you failed to stop the crisis by going into space, so the barren wasteland you turn into your space hideout is actually your beloved homeland

It looked more like the start of an in-game battle than a cutscene to me. Especially since they both came out activating their abilities. @_@

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think having a preview with that small amount of information is a good thing business-wise. I mean, the game is planned to be released in 6 months. They would want to show off sneak peeks throughout those months. If they give out all of the information in one go, there would be nothing else to show off without spoiling the game too much for a few months. Also that the less information they show off in each sneak peek, the more sneak peaks they can make. That means more advertising and more potential buyers.

Anyway, that small amount of information is just enough to help us figure out what the story would be about. (possibly more like ruby/sapphire than emerald)

Edit: If it happens to be based off ruby/sapphire, wouldnt that mean that there wouldnt be any battle frontier like in emerald? Just a battle tower. :o

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)