Media One Piece (spoilers!)

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why is Sanji always such a burden to his crew. Done nothing significant since timeskip, nearly lost his life on FI and is now MIA/KIA.
With powerful allies such as Sabo, Law, Cavendish and Bartolomeo, Luffy shouldn't even need to include Sanji as part of the main force.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why is Sanji always such a burden to his crew. Done nothing significant since timeskip, nearly lost his life on FI and is now MIA/KIA.
With powerful allies such as Sabo, Law, Cavendish and Bartolomeo, Luffy shouldn't even need to include Sanji as part of the main force.
Odds are pretty damn good that he's about to get a power-up/development in a big way given that he's now become the focus of this arc

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Another lame chapter with almost zero plot development AND a break next week..... smh
I have to disagree with this strongly. How wasn't there any plot development? We got all the strawhats together after they were split, we learned that kinemon / kanjuro + monkey thing are ok and climbing the left leg, we got confirmation that Jack attacked DD's marine guard / sunk 2 ships / was defeated but maybe not captured, the eruption rain stuff maybe wasn't directly plot relevant but we learned it happened twice a day so might be significant in future fights, we learned who the boss of the forest was (Mr. Cat Viper), we learned the reason Jack destroyed the country was because he was looking for someone but couldn't find him, we got confirmation that the Minks were expecting or at least know of the SH crew, we learned that the Sanji group was the Mink's saviors and that something happened to Sanji. Literally all of that is either plot development or setting up important information to be learned later >.>

The break is of course annoying but oh well, what are you going to do..part of being an op fan nowadays.

Odds are pretty damn good that he's about to get a power-up/development in a big way given that he's now become the focus of this arc
I agree with this, or at least strongly hope it is the case. Sanji has been thoroughly underwhelming since the TS; hopefully this arc boosts him a bit cause it seems he doesn't deserve to be part of the monster trio anymore.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Fuck breaks and fuck cliffhangers.

Sanji has totally under-performed post skip but "burden"? Nah dog. Considering he managed to evade Big Mom and was most likely (this just based on the idea that he acted as the leader and was the strongest member of the SHs that left Dressrosa) the leading savior of the Minkmen he's been doing work that has yet to receive spotlight. My main disappoint with him thus far is that he didn't beat Vergo which is completely plot-driven imo. Sanji's body had been injured during the switches and it made more plot sense for Law/Smoker to get their own piece of the action. The moment with Dofla acknowledging Sanji was SICK.

I'll give you Law and obviously Sabo but I'd be skeptical that Cavendish or Bart are stronger than Sanji. Power levels in OP have always been well controlled so it's difficult to make an argument either way but traditionally it's been that Zoro and Sanji were roughly equals (with post skip having a more clear Zoro > Sanji) and Zoro's accomplishments in Dressrosa are a big enough gap compared to the SH Alliance's that I feel comfortable stating the dominance of the Monster Trio as a whole. If Zoro and Cavendish seemed on-par the argument of Cavendish > Sanji would be a lot more concrete.

Texas is spot on, the arcs been set up to more fully develop Sanji and I always trust Oda. I'm hoping to get a Sanji more similar to Zoro in terms of power out of Zou. CP9 techniques and greater Haki (make him actually "Black Leg" with a black Diable Jambe) would be a pretty good way to start.

YO I MISS TALKIN ABOUT ONE PIECE ON IRC

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aldaron I like the idea of save the boys arc. My main gripe with this is the same cliffhanger how now been used three chapters in a ROW (with Carrot, then Wanda, and now Nami all being like saddd your friends are gone). The Jack stuff was cool I just want a little more you know?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sanji has always shifted between being one of the crew's fighters and being their intel / special ops guy. Franky took on that role in Dressrosa arc after Sanji fled, but either way Sanji has almost always been off on a separate task from Luffy / Zoro (Enies Lobby is a good example). He's been more in the latter role than the former post-timeskip, but perhaps he's about to swing back.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I dunno if I'd be that into a sabretooth zoan just cause we already had a a beastly feline zoan villain (Lucci).

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
delayed chapter schedule so lame zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
shows how boring this arc has been that no one has posted here in weeks ....

Aldaron and I were talking and apparently there's a rumor that next year is "the year of Sanji" supposedly with powerups and a shocking back story. That should be interesting -- Maybe we'll actually find out where he's gone off to.

Anyway, does anyone know if there's a chapter coming this week? Chou Toshio you always seem to know

Jimbo

take me anywhere
looks like we are getting a chapter - Bleach is out and there are one piece spoilers floating around

edit - and it's out. I liked that!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)