Media One Piece (spoilers!)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Reading this chapter at this timing, the height of the WG power displaying itself, and watching the the Celestial dragons prepare to one-sidedly gun down slaves and the people of God Valley for sport-- it is irony, it is dreadfully real, this shit hits hard reading it as Israel gives Northen Gaza 24 hours to run and pray before they begin their Genocide.

Last edited:

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Meant to update, Water 7/Ennies Lobby was so fucking good man. I think the pacing wasn't the best it's ever been which means Alabasta is still my favorite so far but damn. So many good moments. I kept watching and stopped a little bit into Thriller Bark because I got busy with school and other stuff, but when I pick it back up I'm sure I'll binge some more lol
finally got back into watching some more. I had stopped because I thought Thriller Bark was a little slow but it’s definitely picked up. Moria is probably my least favorite main antagonist so far so I’ll be happy to see him get his ass kicked (just got to the part where Kuma shows up and offers help and tbh I might like the politics/world building more than the fights haha)

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
finally got back into watching some more. I had stopped because I thought Thriller Bark was a little slow but it’s definitely picked up. Moria is probably my least favorite main antagonist so far so I’ll be happy to see him get his ass kicked (just got to the part where Kuma shows up and offers help and tbh I might like the politics/world building more than the fights haha)
it's valid to think that as thriller bark doesn't have any emotional stakes compared to the plight of alabasta, the struggles of skypieans and shandorians, and the very personal battles in water 7. that said, it does have a couple good and important moments, and some things that are mentioned that come into play waaay down the line so you'll be like "aye it's from that time!" i think unlike in the other arcs, we don't care that much about the people who're tryna get their shadows back. enjoy your relaxing time with it though :D

I legit don't think I've read a chapter this peak... probably ever. Lord almighty, Oda really delievered with this chapter

Some things I noticed
- a little girl was basically singlehandedly responsible for the biggest event in recent history
- the celestials hunting down these innocent people is sadly enough not completely fictional. There are recent cases of rich people going to Africa and hunting down isolated tribes. Pygmy tribes are especially affected
- similarily, Ginny crying because her belly was full for the first time in her life is something some escapees from North Korea experience
- Christianity in One Piece is very interesting. Kuma is a man of God and I suppose it comes from his upcoming with Nika. I guess if there's Christianity, there's also gotta be Jesus and maybe Kuma saw paralells and decided to live in a church? Idk
- God's Valley is in the West Blue. Ohara was too. I wonder if they interacted in some way

- Christianity in One Piece is very interesting. Kuma is a man of God and I suppose it comes from his upcoming with Nika. I guess if there's Christianity, there's also gotta be Jesus and maybe Kuma saw paralells and decided to live in a church? Idk
this is suuuuper interesting to me after 1096 too. I assumed the bible was just an aesthetic thing from oda like when there were real animals in old pokemon anime but the increasing prevalence makes me curious to look back and see if theres any christianity represented in other ways throughout the story that connect to kuma. love everything with kuma and bonney so much, some of my favorite side characters.

this is suuuuper interesting to me after 1096 too. I assumed the bible was just an aesthetic thing from oda like when there were real animals in old pokemon anime but the increasing prevalence makes me curious to look back and see if theres any christianity represented in other ways throughout the story that connect to kuma. love everything with kuma and bonney so much, some of my favorite side characters.
I mean Mihawk has a crucifix and when the strawhats heard about Enel on Skypiea, their idea of God was basically the biblical God. The depiction of Jay Garcia's demon form is also a rather biblical demon. The Satan worshippers who "summoned" Brook, I mean if there's a Satan, there's gotta be a God too. So I was always rather confident about Christianity being a thing in One Piece. It may actually become important at some point

I mean Mihawk has a crucifix and when the strawhats heard about Enel on Skypiea, their idea of God was basically the biblical God. The depiction of Jay Garcia's demon form is also a rather biblical demon. The Satan worshippers who "summoned" Brook, I mean if there's a Satan, there's gotta be a God too. So I was always rather confident about Christianity being a thing in One Piece. It may actually become important at some point

Tbh i don't really remember how all these demons are depicted in the bible, but Saturns demon bodydesign is more likely inspired by the Ushi-Oni from japanese folklore than the bible. Still interesting how theres this many christianity references even tho the missionary mission to convert Japan into christianity really failed unlike in Korea.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
don’t do the math on how many episodes I’ve watched since last week

I’m apparently in the era of Luffy getting his ass kicked, first by Kuma (who seems insanely broken) and now by Magellan. I loved Sabaody and am really loving Impel Down too. The power levels I’m seeing are really something else, it’ll be cool to see the progression that Luffy and the rest of the gang go through the next however many hundreds of episodes lol

Ridiculously fast plot development, but glad to have the Revolutionary Army now finally openly canonized as a leftist revolutionary group
Were they not kinda since a long time ago? But sure this chapter flashback/backstory further fleshed them out as such.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
akainu incoming. should give more meaning to his encounter with kuma recently, and how he talked to bonnie after marineford. also his beef with dragon, which means we might also see dragon finally do something?

im very curious about wtf is going on cos doesn't look like bonnie has been born yet but she met vegapunk at some point as a child and she remembers grown up kuma dancing with her. if something happens to ginny now i don't expect her to give birth to bonnie afterwards so is the bonnie = ginny theory really gonna come true? that kuma removed her memories. or has bonnie just stayed at sorbet kingdom this whole time?
at reverie when she became a granny someone recognised her as sorbet kingdom's royalty yet now we know kuma family isn't a noble lineage so i wonder if there's any meaning here, or was it just a random guard and he didn't wanna question someone who looked important.

luffy was born 3 years after kuma joined dragon and 5 years before whatever this incident is gonna be. dragon also got his tattoo in that time. maybe it has some meaning related to luffy's mom. or it's just something luffy drew with his poop that dragon really thought was the coolest shit (yes) ever.

"you'll not regret joining me" -> "ginny has been captured" :smogduck:

i wanna see the moment when kuma is actually crowned as "tyrant king".
why the fuck did the smiles made for kaido's army, who has a severe dino/dragon/reptile fetish, not have dino smiles. im very disappointed :mad:

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
akainu incoming. should give more meaning to his encounter with kuma recently, and how he talked to bonnie after marineford. also his beef with dragon, which means we might also see dragon finally do something?

im very curious about wtf is going on cos doesn't look like bonnie has been born yet but she met vegapunk at some point as a child and she remembers grown up kuma dancing with her. if something happens to ginny now i don't expect her to give birth to bonnie afterwards so is the bonnie = ginny theory really gonna come true? that kuma removed her memories. or has bonnie just stayed at sorbet kingdom this whole time?
at reverie when she became a granny someone recognised her as sorbet kingdom's royalty yet now we know kuma family isn't a noble lineage so i wonder if there's any meaning here, or was it just a random guard and he didn't wanna question someone who looked important.

luffy was born 3 years after kuma joined dragon and 5 years before whatever this incident is gonna be. dragon also got his tattoo in that time. maybe it has some meaning related to luffy's mom. or it's just something luffy drew with his poop that dragon really thought was the coolest shit (yes) ever.

"you'll not regret joining me" -> "ginny has been captured" :smogduck:

i wanna see the moment when kuma is actually crowned as "tyrant king".
why the fuck did the smiles made for kaido's army, who has a severe dino/dragon/reptile fetish, not have dino smiles. im very disappointed :mad:
Tbh Ancient Zoans are already way op, if SMILEs could replicate them too Kaido’s army would be wayyyy too strong.

Tbh Ancient Zoans are already way op, if SMILEs could replicate them too Kaido’s army would be wayyyy too strong.

For non final saga arc yeah pretty much, tho i honestly think only mythical zoans are way too OP from what we have seen and how these fruits are portrayed at, even more OP than Logia. At this point most of the top 15 fruits in the series are going to be Mythical Zoans if Gorosei & Imu aren't just originally demons.

So far, I feel like Kuma's backstory is the most interesting backstory we've seen, behind Oden's backstory. The amount of worldbuilding and politics that has been established is wild. I always liked Kuma but seeing his life story makes me really love this guy

For non final saga arc yeah pretty much, tho i honestly think only mythical zoans are way too OP from what we have seen and how these fruits are portrayed at, even more OP than Logia. At this point most of the top 15 fruits in the series are going to be Mythical Zoans if Gorosei & Imu aren't just originally demons.
We've seen how long and hard Luffy had to work to make his DF useful and how much more work and time went into him awakening his fruit. Momo has been struggling with his abilities too. I think mythical Zoans have an immensly high power floor with an even higher power ceiling

SparksBlade

Community Leader
I don't mean perfect replicas I just wanted to see some funny dino-SMILEs. Also Oda trolled us with the Tobiroppo fights so I have zero respect for ancient zoans!

btw when whitebeard and shanks met before marineford, whitebeard said that just looking at shanks makes an old wound by "that man" ache again. i don't think he'd talk about roger like that so im guessing he's talking about garling. pretty neat if oda had that specific plot in his head all those years ago

SparksBlade

Community Leader
God Revolutionary Army had its ass saved by Kuma finding Paw Paw and not the Azure Dragon. Their future leaders would have died lol
kuma magically got away from big mom immediately ran into saturn got away from saturn and then was able to send 500 other people away from the island which requires physical contact minutes after eating the fruit and escaped himself as well. with that level of plot armor im sure if he ate the azure dragon fruit he'd immediately be able to generate the clouds and fly everyone away. it would just be less low profile and more people would've noticed that

So first of all, thank you Oda for the great chapter. I actually kinda like the unfinished look, makes it seem more gritty which fits to the content of it all

Secondly, man fuck you Oda

Thirdly

Fourthly, this illness seems interesting. Seastone's also blue, I wonder if there's some kind of connection. I can imagine it becoming quite important later

Fifthly, God damnit do I love Kuma. Guy's been sneaking up to S-tier

Lastly, I've heard of a pretty wild theory

Kuma took Bonney's illness and let himself get turn into a cyborg to halt the progress of it. He will give Saturn this illness when he arrives in Egghead and Kizaru will kill Saturn with his light by accident. If that happens, Jesus that would be wild

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)