Open your mind !

Hello everyone ! I'm here to present you my second RMT, it's a monotype team. I choose the psychic type because it isn't very played and i want to show you their powers !

Team building process

First i need a lead, in my opinion the best are Deoxys-D ans Espeon, but i prefer be sure to put my entry hazards. Therefore i choose Deoxys.

First i choose metagross, but in a psy team volcarona is a huge threat. That's why i put victini on metagross. He has a fire resistance and a bug immunity. Moreover i can use him in physical offensive, so he's a good switch to metagross.

Latias a psychic typed pokemon very powerful, i think he is a must have for my team.

First i choose meloetta because with relic song she can change her psychic type with fighting type. But i need a counter to hydreigon and another threat to volcarona. Therefore i take gallade, he OHKO volcarona with stone edge, and he learn ice punch for hydreigon and the others dragon. Moreover he have neutralities against bug and dark attacks.

I need a rapid spinner, so i take starmie, moreover starmie is very powerful and fast.

Bronzong with his stell type don't have bug, dark and ghost weaknesses. Therefore he should be a good stall for my team. Moreover he learn stealth rock, it's useful if my adversary have a rapid spinner.

Team preview​

Team Balance

As you can see i have many resistances, the dangerous types are the classic weaknesses of pyschic typed pokemon. Five ghost weaknesses, three bug weaknesses and 4 dark weaknesses, it's pretty bad, but with a monotype team it's normal. In ghost the only risk is shadow ball, but generally the pokemon who use shadow ball are gengar and alakazam. They're weak, so it isn't a problem. For the dark type the risk is pursuit but if i don't switch i don't fear it. However the bug type is a problem, with U-turn ( which appear in every team ), X-cissor or bug beam it's dangerous. Fortunetaly i have three neutrality to bug type.

Detail of the team

Deoxys-D

Ability:Pressure
Evs: 252HP/ 4SpD/ 252Spe
Nature: Modest (+Spe/-Atk)
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes
-Magic Coat
-Taunt

With his high defense it's impossible to OHKO him without critical hit. So he's sure to put the stealth rocks, and sometimes he can put the spikes. Magic coat is very useful against leads with taunt or toxic lead, etc.. And i put taunt to protect me against the entry hazards of my adversary.

Victini

Ability: Victory Star
Evs: 252 Atk/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
Nature: Joluu (+Spe/-SpA)
-V-create
-Fusion bolt
-Zen headbutt
-U-turn​

He is very powerful, V-create OHKO ferrothorn, scizor, forretress and genesect, moreover in choice scarf he outspeed all of them, and the bullet punch stabbed of scizor don't OHKO him. Fusion bolt is rain team Nemesis. Zen headbutt against fighting typed pokemon like terrakion. Finally he is a great scout with u-turn, in choice scarf he outspeed everyone except other choice scarf so he can become untouchable.

Latias

Ability: Levitate
Evs: 252 HP/ 4 SpA/ 252 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe/-Atk)
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Dragon Pulse
-Psyschock​

He is very powerful, levitate is useful to block ground attacks agains metagross. I prefer him in calm minder because he have a better staying power than in offensive. It's a classic set, psychock for attack on the physic and dragon pulse his principal stab ! Recover to improve his staying power.

Gallade

Ability: Justified
Evs: 252 Atk/252 SpD/ 4 Spe
Nature: Careful(+SpD/-SpA)
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
-Stone Edge​

A defensive bulk up gallade. With ice punch he take care of many dragon, and stone edge for the bug typed pokemons (especially volcarona). Drain punch is his principal stab, he has a good staying power against specially offensive, and against everyone after two bulk up.

Starmie

Ability: Natural Cure
Evs: 252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe/-Atk)
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin​

I need a rapid spinner, and starmie is the best psychic rapid spinner. Moreover starmie is very powerful, with the combo water/ice/electric he can touch everyone except lanturn. I prefer surf than hydro pump for the accuracy, thunderbolt is useful against rain team and ice beam is powerful against dragon typed pokemon and the trio landorus/thundurus/tornadus. I give him leftovers to have a better staying power.

Bronzong

Ability: Levitate
Evs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
Nature: Relaxed (+Def/-Spe)
-Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake
-Toxic​

He's my tank. With levitate he just fear fire, he doesn't fear bug, dark and ghost , moreover he has many resistance, so he's very useful. He can put stealth rock if my adversary have a rapid spinner, toxic against the other stall, gyro ball his stab and earthquake against magnezone if he try to trap him. I choose relaxed nature to improve gyro ball. Besides he is useful against a TR team.

Give it a try

Deoxys-Defense @ Mental Herb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Magic Coat
- Taunt

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Fusion Bolt
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Psyshock

Gallade (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Conclusion

It's finish, this team it's not perfect, i know it. It's a monotype team so it's hard to have a good balance. Moreover i haven't an excellent offensive coverage. Globally i hit the same types of pokemon, so sometimes it's hard if encounter a staller like gastrodon or bronzong because i don't have grass or fire attack. I hope you like my team !

Hello. Guess what, volcarona 6-0s your team. He hits each one of your pokemon super effectively with just his STABs. The good thing about this, is I see a pokemon that can lay waste to volcarona. His name is victini. Victini is resistant to volcarona's fire STAB, and he also gains a neutrality to bug. Just be careful, the offensive ones may cary hidden power ground, rock, or water. I would suggest replacing metagross with it. Another thing is that now you have no other strong physical attacker, and you hopefully put the choice scarf on victini for revenge killing purposes. Now, a problem here is that you are horribly weak to hydreigon. To counter this, I would suggest replacing the weakest link, meloetta, with gallade. Yes, gallade. You aren't going blind. Gallade's unique psychic and fighting typing allows him to go toe to toe with hydreigon without flat-out just dying to draco meteor like medicham does. The best set here is the specially defensive bulk up set. It got new toys from the bw2 tutors in the form of justified + ice punch.

here are the sets.

Victini @Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Def | Jolly | Victory Star
~V-Create
~Fusion Bolt / Bolt Strike
~Zen Headbutt / Brick Break
~U-Turn

Note: Bolt Strike is preferred, Zen Headbutt is preferred.

Gallade @Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Sp. Def | Careful | Justified
~Drain Punch
~Ice Punch
~Stone Edge
~Bulk Up

Note* stone edge is required to make gallade able to kill volcarona.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the team!

~KoB

After many test i put victini
>metagross
and gallade
>meloetta
!
Now victini is my best pokemon, he take care of many situations. And gallame is a dragon killer, moreover after one or two bulk up he has a great staying power with drain punch ! Thanks for your advices !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)