Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

So just to confirm, in SV, you can connect to the Internet and update the raids in Kitakami without updating the raids in mainline Paldea (or vice-versa?)

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
Question about Colosseum Shinies: I believe unlike XD, Colosseum "confirms" a Shadow Pokemon capture immediately such that it can be added to your party and then sent out in the same battle. Does the Pokemon generate its "player" PV as soon as that happens or does the battle have to complete first (i.e. if you catch an "invisible" Shiny does it show in the battle or only after)?
It's as soon as it's caught. There are a lot of shiny hunt videos out there in which people have caught the Pokemon and then immediately brought up the party screen to check it.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So just to confirm, in SV, you can connect to the Internet and update the raids in Kitakami without updating the raids in mainline Paldea (or vice-versa?)
Anything that updates/reset Tera Raids (connecting to the internet, the clock hitting 12 midnight) does so in both Paldea and Kitakami. There's no way to update one map but not the other. Which makes sense, even if you're not in that region you can still view the other region's map (and their Tera Raids).

Last edited:
Is there a dedicated thread or forum for RNG abuse-related questions, or is this thread best? I have a potentially lengthy problem and I don't want to clog up this thread if it's not the right place for that kind of discussion.

Basically it involves RNGing a Seedot in XD (from Greesix) for practice and not being able to determine which frame advance I actually landed on so that I can calibrate the frame I ought to talk to Greesix on. I've already RNG'd my TID/SID, but that was easier, because the frame advances stop increasing temporarily when the TID/SID are generated --- thus I can kind of figure out where I landed. But with the Greesix Seedot battle, the advances are like ~100,000/second, so I have absolutely no idea where landed. I'm not at home so I can't look at the exact numbers, but I have the PID (and the seed) of the Seedot I got by talking to Greesix at ~17,310 with an expected 404,500 frame advances between the pre-battle conversation and the point when Seedot is generated.

EDIT: And I'm using Dolphin with a LUA script, if that helps.

Last edited:
In scarlet and violet there's a counter that tracks your shiny pokemon battled and all I want to know is what the maximum number is for that counter. With Teal Mask it should be 490 but I'm down to my last 4 pokemon and that would leave me at 489. Are there 11 shiny locked pokemon or only 10?

In scarlet and violet there's a counter that tracks your shiny pokemon battled and all I want to know is what the maximum number is for that counter. With Teal Mask it should be 490 but I'm down to my last 4 pokemon and that would leave me at 489. Are there 11 shiny locked pokemon or only 10?
At present there's 11 (I assume you got the shiny gimmighoul from the raid event): the 4 Treasures, 2 box lizards, Ursaluna BM, the loyal 3 and Ogerpon
Technically it's 13 since Walking Wake & Iron Leaves are shiny locked, but I assume they wouldn't count to the total for the same reason I assume any of the "foreign" Pokemon wouldn't count (not in an actual dex yet)

Regular Ursaluna doesn't have a dex entry yet, so I assume that bringing a shiny one over wouldn't add to the counter for the same reason as Wake/Leaves

This entire time I thought that just tracked all shiny encounters, not just unique species.

At present there's 11 (I assume you got the shiny gimmighoul from the raid event): the 4 Treasures, 2 box lizards, Ursaluna BM, the loyal 3 and Ogerpon
Technically it's 13 since Walking Wake & Iron Leaves are shiny locked, but I assume they wouldn't count to the total for the same reason I assume any of the "foreign" Pokemon wouldn't count (not in an actual dex yet)

Regular Ursaluna doesn't have a dex entry yet, so I assume that bringing a shiny one over wouldn't add to the counter for the same reason as Wake/Leaves

This entire time I thought that just tracked all shiny encounters, not just unique species.
Yeah it only counts species. I thought it may have counted bm ursaluna because I can view it's shiny form in the dex but I suppose not. Thank you this was driving me nuts

They didn't really write themselves into a corner with anything (it all happened within the same episode so it wasn't like shit how do we get out of this cliff hanger type deal) I think they just thought the visual of using the spikes to trap Dragapult would have been cool. Which it was.

Wouldn't surprise me if the next time Dracovish (& Dracozolt sure why not) shows up in a game with a pokdex entry it mentions this

1) Is it possible still to send a VC Gen 2 Celebi by Poké Transporter?

2) Is it possible to RNG that Celebi? I believe there is an option for "Transporter" in 3DS RNG Tools.
If you had PokeTransporter already, then yes. Transporter and Bank are both, for the time being, fully usable. When they aren't trust us, you'll know.

If you have Bank but didn't also get Transporter before it went down I think you're out of luck. I believe even if you used piracy there's something that didn't get sent to the server properly?

I don't believe any RNG manipulation for Transporter is possible. You'll be stuck with the IVs it rolls on "transfer" until you do Hyper Training.

2) Is it possible to RNG that Celebi? I believe there is an option for "Transporter" in 3DS RNG Tools.
You don't need to RNG the Celebi in the Transporter.
  • If it's shiny, it'll be shiny in Crystal.
  • Nature isn't random, it's the Pokémon's total EXP modulo 25.
  • If Mew or Celebi are transferred from the VC games they are guaranteed at least 5 perfect IVs (all other Pokémon are guaranteed 3).
RNG manipulating VC Celebi is pointless.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion

You don't need to RNG the Celebi in the Transporter.
  • If it's shiny, it'll be shiny in Crystal.
  • Nature isn't random, it's the Pokémon's total EXP modulo 25.
  • If Mew or Celebi are transferred from the VC games they are guaranteed at least 5 perfect IVs (all other Pokémon are guaranteed 3).
RNG manipulating VC Celebi is pointless.
To add to this, you may as well just clone the Celebi in Crystal - relatively easy to do and mostly low-risk if done correctly - to get one with the IV combination you're seeking. If you were to send 20 Celebi at once you're almost certain to get one with Attack as the imperfect IV (assuming that's the one you want to be imperfect of course - you may even wind up with a flawless one)

Last edited:
To add to this, you may as well just clone the Celebi in Crystal - relatively easy to do and mostly low-risk if done correctly - to get one with the IV combination you're seeking. If you were to send 20 Celebi at once you're almost certain to get one with Attack as the imperfect IV (assuming that's the one you want to be imperfect of course - you may even wind up with a flawless one)
How low-risk is "mostly low-risk?" I watched a couple of videos on Crystal cloning and they never mentioned accidentally annihilating the target Pokémon, but I can't take any risk I'll annihilate Celebi.

How low-risk is "mostly low-risk?" I watched a couple of videos on Crystal cloning and they never mentioned accidentally annihilating the target Pokémon, but I can't take any risk I'll annihilate Celebi.
Which method are you planning to use, gen 2 has like 3 different ones.

Which method are you planning to use, gen 2 has like 3 different ones.
Thinking about switching boxes and cutting off the save process shortly after the text finishes displaying.

Just curious, but do VC Pokémon have the same OT and Pokéball they were caught in? Or, on the latter, do they just default to a plain Pokéball or something? I'd like to catch a Celebi in a Gen 2 ball if that's something that would carry over.

Thinking about switching boxes and cutting off the save process shortly after the text finishes displaying.

Just curious, but do VC Pokémon have the same OT and Pokéball they were caught in? Or, on the latter, do they just default to a plain Pokéball or something? I'd like to catch a Celebi in a Gen 2 ball if that's something that would carry over.
Pokeballs do not carry forward; they will always be in a Pokeball after Transport

OT is saved

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Be aware the Gen 2 Cloning Glitch has a much much smaller window in Crystal vs GS - I tried this with the Odd Egg a number of times and I only got it right twice in about 10 attempts before I did it too late and saved "properly".

Be aware the Gen 2 Cloning Glitch has a much much smaller window in Crystal vs GS - I tried this with the Odd Egg a number of times and I only got it right twice in about 10 attempts before I did it too late and saved "properly".
Thank you! I was aware of that but it is still good advice. It's no trouble if it takes a while.

I'm pretty good at timing in Pokémon RNG abuse, so it shouldn't be too bad. I only need to clone a few dozen at most. As long as I can't accidentally make Celebi disappear forever on the first attempt, I'll be okay.

Thank you! I was aware of that but it is still good advice. It's no trouble if it takes a while.

I'm pretty good at timing in Pokémon RNG abuse, so it shouldn't be too bad. I only need to clone a few dozen at most. As long as I can't accidentally make Celebi disappear forever on the first attempt, I'll be okay.
Nah, worst you'll have to worry about is throwing out the bad clones if you mess up.
Though remember to do a proper non-inturrupted save before using the Poké Transporter. It can fuck up the box data for Box 1 if you attempt to transfer Pokémon from an interrupted save made mid box switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)