1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

#orangeislands Movie Nights

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Jellicent, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick, I knew him, Peter Gabriel too!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

As a reminder we are starting our next great experiment tomorrow at 10 PM EDT to watch some scary Haloween episodes they are: The Ghost of Maiden's Peak, Just Waiting On a Friend, Malice In Wonderland!, Scare at the Litwick Mansion!

(and if I can get it uploaded in time Jelicent might show this tonight as well since he is working tomorrow but no promises on my upload speed!)

EDIT: Just did a skim through the episodes and while the volume does vary slightly between eps they are amazing.
  2. Kadew

Kadew Shamed.
    is an Artist

Thank you so much for that halloween special, is was amazing. Particularly the third episode, that one was so full of "what is this." It was hilarious. Remember, kids, always walk into creepy deserted mansions. And any girl that actually is interested in brock is an illusion from hypnosifuse ray

Also, creeper Jesse
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  3. alkinesthetase

alkinesthetase <@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
    is a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

^ SOUL CHILLING

because we watched four episodes instead of a movie, it's tougher to assemble a memes n themes list (cause we didn't have as much time to establish any memes and we had to do so four separate times), but i shall try:

LIT LIT LIT WICK LIT WICK WICK
    brock orgy (seriously 3/4 episodes involved brock and another girl of the week, if not hundreds thereof. NOT AN EXAGGERATION)
    brock is also into older women (2 hundred to 2 THOUSAND years older)
    GHOST WORLLLLD
    misty is the only sane cat (croagunk is also the only sane cat), misty x meowth otp
    cynthia rayquaza swag
    dawn's piplup hat
    narrator is best character (runner up: wobbuffet)
    always walk into mysterious freaky mansions when you have nowhere else to go
    rocket launcher jesse is EMPOWERED.
    HYPNOSIS NEVER MISSES AND IGNORES SLEEP CLAUSE, BAN IT (also psychic and confuse ray OP)

related to the above: venustoise, fusion dance, BATTLE DANCE

(it was a gastly the first time, it was a litwick the second time)
  4. Layell

is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

So tonight will be the epic Black/White films where Nintendo realized they could do with movies what they've been doing to the games for years. It will start at 10 PM EDT ( This is the current EDT time ). Shortly before starting I will get a general consensus on which film we will watch, and then we will show the other at some other date. As awlays check out #OrangeIslands on SynIRC for viewing.
  5. Jellicent

Jellicent ~the spirit who loves spirits~
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Ruiner of Alph

We're about to watch this movie (the black one), so come join us. #OrangeIslands on IRC. The link is all over this thread. Seriously, get on. If you're new, this is the best way to get into the community, just sayin'~
  6. alkinesthetase

meme list should sum up this film's excellence
    this power is too wide for most screens (open)

TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTHS
    IDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALS

zekrock/zekroar/zekrage/zekrape/zekretards/zekrefreshment/drinkrom/zekray/zekrejoice
    reshistone/reshirescue/reshiravage/reshiroar
    RESHIRAM @ ASH KETCHUM USED TRUTH BEAM

superman golurk (HYDREIGON USED FLY - STILL NOT AS GOOD AS GOLURK)
    scraggy - pantslizard/bestlizard
    meowthstache / TR class

X OF THE VALE?! X OF THE VALE. (eg SWORD, PEOPLE, KINGDOM, VICTINI, POINTY STICK BARRIERS)
    victini is ultra fucking high (and when it gives ash acid trips, he has orgasms)
    cilan's macaroons are laced with crack/always save the day
    MOUNTAIN DEW DRAGONFORCE
    CREAM SODA DRAGONFORCE
    solosismosistosis
  7. Layell

Sprite Leader

Good film night everyone next week is the Mewtwo Returns TV special same movie night time, same movie night channel!

We'll watch the White film at some point, perhaps in the coming year.
  8. Kadew

Kadew Shamed.
    is an Artist

Fantastic movienight, was great fun, even if I was typing like a retard with no sense of spelling the entire time. Just remember the power of the thruth.

Also, alkinesthetase, you forgot about the macarons! But yes, this movie was a wealth of fevered overcapslocking of repetitive phrases and VALES. Can't wait for the Mewtwo Returns next week. These movie nights are really a fantastic thing going on here, I reccommend anyone and everyone to come join the feverish babbling of madmen we have in IRC during these events.
  9. Birkal

Birkal We have the technology.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

I am no longer an #oi movie night virgin

and I BROUGHT MACARONS
  10. Layell

Sprite Leader

We will be starting relatively soon, get on that #oi channel to see Mewtwo Returns!

EDIT: RODAN: jesses vagina has cobwebs

Thursday 15th 10 PM EST: Raikou Legend of Thunder.
  11. General Spoon

General Spoon

Raikou Legend of Thunder was perhaps the best movie night we've had yet. The movie was one long succession of laughs.
  12. Kadew

Kadew Shamed.
    is an Artist

Raikou Legend of Rodeo Time is the crown jewel of film artistry. It also has taught me the true set to unlock the ultimate pokemon Raikou's best power

Raikou@black crystal
    -thunderbolt
    -thunder
    -thundershock
    -thunderthunder

This was the best ever anything. It even beat the great mighty ground type steelix with a go for the horn.
  13. alkinesthetase

layellicent absent T_T honorary countdown goes to talkinglion while jas#### was responsible for letting us know that layellicent would be absent, I DID THE HIGHLIGHTING WOOOOO props to everyone who watched with us

but holy shit this was the greatest ever like words cannot even describe. the quality of this was beyond anything i have seen in the ~4 movie nights i have attended. GREATEST EVER

memes list is mandatory but i'm laughing so hard so i will forget some, guys post to add the memes i missed cause this movie was too excellent for just one writeup
    - RAGEKOU
    - P O K E M O N (PARTAAAAAAY)
    - raikou @ BLAKRYSTAL / thundershock / thunderbolt / thunder / hp electric / THUNDERTHUNDER
    - rodeo time (raikou goes into rodeo time without protection)
    - jimmy x marina gotta share their pokegear numbahs (vincent forever alone)
    - TYBROSION
    - atilla the wrangla (also hun)
    - FABULANCE, FABEUGENE (anyone in a cape, marina actually refers to lance as FABULANCE)
    - FABMONLEE SO DAINTY
    - raikou is a little striper
    - FIRE THE SOLARBEAM

seriously best thing i have watched about pokemon in my entire life

okay so i was gonna just do a meme list but that's not sufficient for this purified excellence. the names were amazing. there was no ash, but there was JIMMY AWWWW YEAH. also we somehow merged brock and misty to get marina (hits on anything in a cape but is female, SIMILARITY???). then there's eugene who was basically the most amazing british scientist and pokemon trainer ever like ~omg so fabulous~

jimmy is accompanied by not a pikachu but an absolutely amazing tybrosion while marina has a misdreavus that is apparently the worst singer in the universe. there's this loser named vincent who's basically third wheeling jimmy x marina the entire show and has this huge thing for her but is totally inferior to jimmy's massive jimmies.

the TR villains are pure excellence - one is named atilla, he's this huge muscled blond "WRANGLER" who's constantly getting into rodeo time. the other one is - get this - a woman named HUN (atilla the hun hell yes). the WRANGLA is always making weird analogies about popping zits or rodeo time while hun is always making some statement about the POWER OF SCIENCE. they are backed up by a steelix and a muk (GET OUT YO GALOSHES) and a skarmory respectively. the steelix like totally dgaf about any attacks except like psybeam and !!THUNDERTHUNDER!!

anyway apparently layell is doing another showing of this because it was so good so i can't spoil it all... but seriously this was the greatest
  14. Layell

Sprite Leader

Yeah I was in rehearsal hell. As I missed this one I'll probably be doing a personal showing Friday at 10 PM EST (EDIT: probably at midnight) or if some people bug me to watch it.

Next week is the Master of Mirage Pokemon special which promises new awkward VA's trying their best to impersonate the old folks, and with Misty/May SHARING THE SAME VA! It's madness I know. Since the special is 44 minutes I have also included two of the Ritchie episodes from Pokemon Chronicles (P O K E M O N PARTY!!) It will be November 21st at 10 pm as always. See you all there!

Thank's to jas for filling in with getting the vid up there, and everyone else who helped. Movie night has now officially grown bigger than either Jelli or myself!
  15. TGMD

TGMD +Biosci: you both gave me crabs
    is a Tutoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    Tournament Winner

This was the best movie night in all existance. Words can't describe the true power of steelix's resisting grass.
  16. TalkingLion

TalkingLion

Best movie I have ever watched, this made my life. al's post sums up everything.
  17. alkinesthetase

hopefully there will be enough of us that i among others can enjoy it again in repeat attendance; if you missed it tonight you cannot afford to miss it a second time. this film will CHANGE YOUR LIFE. pokemon will never be the same for you because it will be permanently and massively enhanced. you'll never switch steelix into raikou again because WHAT ABOUT THUNDERTHUNDER, and you'll know typhlosion beats croconaw 100% as long as you're true bros

if you haven't seen this, don't miss it!
  18. alkinesthetase

double posting to say
    UROK
    N URUL
    after the glorious rewatch, that is all that is left to say
  19. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

i watched this and good god it was horrendous
  20. Layell

Sprite Leader

TONIGHT: Mirage Pokemon do real damage, and the biggest smoke and mirrors is that May and Misty share the same voice actress!!!

Ritchie does a whole lotta legend finding!

ONLY ON #ORANGEISLANDS MOVIE NIGHTS

We begin in half an hour at 10 PM EST. Get on your galoshes and bring your macarons cause we are going to P O K E MON PARTAY!
  21. TalkingLion

TalkingLion

We will begin watching tonight in 3 hours. Get on #orangeislands on SynIRC so that you don't miss Meowth and Pichu Bros.
  22. Layell

Sprite Leader

Next thursday will be the 3 Mystery Dungeon Episodes and a fourth, not sure about what that will be but stay tuned 10 PM EST as always.
  23. alkinesthetase

this was actually a set of really good eps
    first two obligatory songs: team rocket rock and pichu brothers theme

eps were revolving around a set of recurring characters:
    MEOWTH (meowth has all the best lines and he has a pimpin bachelor pad)
    teddiursa (FUK TEDDI. this bastard ruins everything)
    wooper (ICE PUNCH WOPPA. he looks stoned all the time but he's just UNAWARE)
    azumarill (ZUZUZUZUAZUMARAGE)
    magby (dork with anger problems)
    smoochum (bimbo, aka deck knight)
    houndour (no fucking luck for this guy)
    pichu big and pichu little (adorable, short tempered little douchebags)
    azurill (worst wingman ever. learned the art of douche from teddiursa)

MEOWTH REWIND
    meowth just can't get a break / his lunch
    moxie meowth uber
    LAAAAAAAX
    TRAINING DAZE (jesse x articuno statue OTP)
    nobody's carried me SINCE MY MOMMA =3
    james is so very fabulous
    james is a gentleman and a bottlecap collector
    JAMES IS NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP / NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN
    they see pichu rollin, they hatin
    MURKROW PRANKSTA
    good guy gatr
    meowth wanted skitty but she only goes for wailords

anything i forgot pls reply, eps were all really good. TR training days ep had me moved almost to tears ;_;
  24. Layell

Sprite Leader

Mystery Dungeon Teaser (open)
    TONIGHT:

[​IMG]

PEOPLE BECOME POKEMON

[​IMG]

WE DO SOME RESCUING

[​IMG]

MORE TIME TRAVEL GOD HELP US ALL

[​IMG]

GET YOUR PARENTS TO BUY THESE GAMES KIDS

(Tonight 10 pm est, in half an hour)
  25. TalkingLion

TalkingLion

This was a great movie night. My avatar(studbite) sums it up quite nicely. The episodes were so good that it made me want to play through my PMD again.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)