ORAS Battle Spot to Unban Pokemon Obtained in Past Generations

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I don't really get why you'd use a Rocky Helmet with Sheer Cold, since the chip damage you accumulate with the helmet is wasted when you just OHKO stuff with SC.. I'd have thought a ChestoRest or RestTalk (with Leftovers) set would work better with Sheer Cold.
It's not about "making Sucune an absolute zero blaster OHKO machine". It's about the Luxury that Sheer Cold provides in addition to its regular role. Suicune's most common role a a general physical wall does not appear to be compromised by this addition, and it often has 2 relatively free slots to throw in Sheer Cold (Scald/Ice Bear or Icy Wind/ and 2 of Rest/Sleep Talk/Reflect/Roar/Mirror Coat). Now it simply has an extra option, and a terrifying one at that.

Of course you could make Suicune a dedicated OHKO machine, but that removes some of the reason why Suicune fits on virtually any team archetype.

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
One new move Kangaskhan gets that could be interesting is Avalanche. For those that don't know Avalanche is a base 60 negative priority Ice type move that deals double damage if the user took damage that turn. Unfortunately it does still make contact. This makes it a lot more powerful than Ice Punch when boosted. Avalanche is also extremely powerful even without investment so it could be used with Seismic Toss on a defensive set.

Calcs showing its power vs Ice Punch:
-1 0 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Avalanche (120 bp) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Salamence: 176-212 (102.9 - 123.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 0 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Avalanche (60 bp) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Salamence: 92-112 (53.8 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO Salamence can't freely set up dragon dances without bulk investment
-1 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Salamence: 132-164 (77.1 - 95.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-1 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Avalanche (120 bp) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 296-352 (179.3 - 213.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 0 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Avalanche (120 bp) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 244-292 (147.8 - 176.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 188-224 (113.9 - 135.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Avalanche (120 bp) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 204-248 (104 - 126.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 132-160 (67.3 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Avalanche (120 bp) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 420-500 (229.5 - 273.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO First hit ohkos Garchomp
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 264-316 (144.2 - 172.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

One new move Kangaskhan gets that could be interesting is Avalanche.
Yeah pretty interesting, in fact I already have (and i wanna use soon) a Kangkaskhan with avalanche. The negative priority is terrible though. I guess Kangaskhan needs some evs in HP/defences, it must be bulky for not be damaged too much.

Hey guys this situation MIGHT have just gotten more complicated... http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/a917da63-51d7-4008-abc2-242ec482c263

So apprently, the wording of the english and japanese press releases imply that the no pentagon rule might be only for THIS season o_O

Is it possible to email these guys or something? I remember MythTrainerInfinity emailing the guys to fix a legality problem with Wide Guard Swampert (since he wanted to test it in triples) and that apprently worked. I hope this gets clarified soon, because this is really really weird!
I went to pokemon.com, filled out a support ticket and described what the issue was in a lot of detail. The following maintenance period they unbanned the Swampert line with Wide Guard. So that's how that got unbanned.

Hi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)