Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Which Rotom-W Set would viable in Offense or Hyper Offense Teams ?
the bulky pivot set works fine on offense cause its slow switches can get in sweepers like hoopa u safely, and it can burn stuff like azu and lop, which are big threats to offense.

Would a Choice Specs Set viable ?
Typically I find the physically defensive set with leftovers works the best in the current metagame. If you are inclined to run a choiced rotom-w, I suggest the choice scarf variant. It still hits the things it needs to pretty hard but has better utility because it can burn faster targets, as well as tricking the scarf to a defensive pokemon. I believe there's an analysis for it around somewhere.

Keep in mind that if you want to use it as a slow volt switcher, use the defensive sets (that's so it's actually slow).

*Edit* Sigh, ninja-d

Last edited:
Typically I find the physically defensive set with leftovers works the best in the current metagame. If you are inclined to run a choiced rotom-w, I suggest the choice scarf variant. It still hits the things it needs to pretty hard but has better utility because it can burn faster targets, as well as tricking the scarf to a defensive pokemon. I believe there's an analysis for it around somewhere.

Keep in mind that if you want to use it as a slow volt switcher, use the defensive sets (that's so it's actually slow).
I wanted to use it as a Offensive Pokemon. Would A Choice Specs Set not be viable because Rotom-W's Physical and Special Defense are at 105 Base. That means Rotom-W can take some neutral hits to hit with its Choice Specs like a Truck.

Rotom-Wash isn't really used as an offensive pokemon at all, it's used as a defensive pivot. The most offensive set is probably Trick+Scarf.

If you want a pure offensive Water-type I'd look into things like Manaphy, Azumarill, Starmie or Keldeo. If you want an Electric-type attacker look into Mega Manectric, Raikou, or Thundurus. Rotom-W just isn't a good offensive pokemon for the reasons that littlelucario mentioned.

You can fit it on offensive teams but it's usually defensive or Scarf. There are much better options for offensive Water or Electric-type pokemon.
Okay

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Rotom-Wash isn't really used as an offensive pokemon at all, it's used as a defensive pivot. The most offensive set is probably Trick+Scarf.

If you want a pure offensive Water-type I'd look into things like Manaphy, Azumarill, Starmie or Keldeo. If you want an Electric-type attacker look into Mega Manectric, Raikou, or Thundurus. Rotom-W just isn't a good offensive pokemon for the reasons that littlelucario mentioned.

You can fit it on offensive teams but it's usually defensive or Scarf. There are much better options for offensive Water or Electric-type pokemon.
Trickscarf rotom-w isnt even good in the current meta, let alone specs

p2

Banned deucer.
What are some great Scarfers right now who can at least outrun Mega Lopunny and Manectric?

Anything across tiers work too.
Heatran, Keldeo, Rachi, Celebi, Latios, Garchomp, Victini, Hydreigon, Hoopa-U, Mienshao, Terrakion and Lando-T

p2

Banned deucer.
Would Mienshao work nicely with Mega Gardevoir and Hoopa-U? Or would it constitute a Steel type for the Fairies that would trouble them?
forces a bunch of switches, breaks stuff and has u-turn for momentum, I don't see why not. Just make sure your Fairy answer is a reliable one, Jirachi is one of the most reliable ones imo

edit: make sure you got something for Bisharp too as Mienshao just dies to +2 sucker punch

lol rn i've got AV Meloetta, Tank Chomp, MGard, and HoopaU.

That's alot of psychics if I run Mienshao and Jirachi lol
You could drop Chomp and replace it with either Skarmory or Heatran, as you wouldn't lose SR and still have a nice tank that walls most fairies reliably. Just make sure your last member has a nice time against Ground or Fire according your choice

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
What makes Mega Latias a threat, but her brother so looked down upon?
Mega Latias' has superb defensive bulk and a lot of defensive utility, being able to viably run both a utility set with Thunder Wave and / or Roar, as well as a potent set-up sweeper in Calm Mind + Stored Power, Latias has a lot of use and reasons to be used. Mega Latias also provides stall and balance with a very reliably Mega Charizard Y check that isn't easily Pursuit trapped by Tyranitar.

Mega Latios, on the other hand, is simply outclassed. It doesn't have the bulk to be used over Latias for any reason, it isn't as strong as Life Orb Latios to run an offensive set, and its Dragon Dance set, which is its only niche, is simply outclassed by basically every other Dragon Dancing Mega Evolution. The only thing it has going for it is surprise factor.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Why does the moderation team lock dead threats instead of copying the OP and deleting them.

e: what about irrelevant threads like the "mega kangaskan" thing that was just posted?

Last edited:
Hi again. It's me!

Anyway, I was wondering where the OU Good Cores thread was. I've seen, what, four of them now? I'm not sure which one I should head over to. A quick link would be lovely.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Which would be good teammates for CS Sheer Force Darmanitan in OU?
Don't use Darmanitan at all. It's outclassed by Entei and Victini. Sheer Force really isn't that of a notable perk over Sacred Fire and more bulk, or V-create and a Psychic STAB in Zen Headbutt as well as Bolt Strike for coverage. Garchomp completely fucks it up too.

e: ha gottem fleg

p2

Banned deucer.
Which would be good teammates for CS Sheer Force Darmanitan in OU?
Don't use Darmanitan in OU, use a better fire type wallbreaker like Victini

Darmanitan isn't good because it has a slow speed tier, it lacks the great mixed coverage Victini has, has garbage bulk, and TankChomp is pretty much on every second team

e: :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)