Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

I am going to assume reasons for banning things have changed between the transition from BW OU and XY/ORAS. I wasn't in the competitive scene in BW, so I can't exactly tell you why it was banned, but I wouldn't make comparisons from then and now because a lot has changed, both in the game and in the council and their decision making.

Edit: Plus it sounds like you were just swept by some Cloyster holding King's Rock, in which I say, if a Cloyster 6-0s your team, there may be something wrong with it.

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
No, it's just a general question. I'm high enough on the ladder to the point where I don't have to face that stuff.

I'm not sure if this was asked, but in the I remember back in mid-late BW2 things like Choiced/Expert Belt Keldeo would run a moveset of Surf/Hydro Pump/Secret Sword/Hidden Power. As gen 6 came by, they now like to run Scald over Surf. I'm aware that Surf had a power nerf from 95 to 90 between the generations, but was that reason enough for the change? Were they any other significant metagame changes that lead Keldeo to usually run Scald over Surf? (besides Surf's minor nerf)

I'm not sure if this was asked, but in the I remember back in mid-late BW2 things like Choiced/Expert Belt Keldeo would run a moveset of Surf/Hydro Pump/Secret Sword/Hidden Power. As gen 6 came by, they now like to run Scald over Surf. I'm aware that Surf had a power nerf from 95 to 90 between the generations, but was that reason enough for the change? Were they any other significant metagame changes that lead Keldeo to usually run Scald over Surf? (besides Surf's minor nerf)
Scald has a 30% chance to burn, allowing it to cripple opposing physical attackers or else just wear stuff down. Nowadays just about every Water-type runs Scald, unless it's a wallbreaker like Kingdra, in which case they run Hydro Pump.

Scald has a 30% chance to burn, allowing it to cripple opposing physical attackers or else just wear stuff down. Nowadays just about every Water-type runs Scald, unless it's a wallbreaker like Kingdra, in which case they run Hydro Pump.
I get it, but on the BW Analysis Keldeo runs Surf over Scald, and in BW I hardly saw Scald Keldeo, so why is that?

I get it, but on the BW Analysis Keldeo runs Surf over Scald, and in BW I hardly saw Scald Keldeo, so why is that?
This mostly has to do with rain's presence at the time. Surf's 95 BP, multiplied by rain, gave you the equivalent of a 142 BP STAB, while Scald's BP only reaches 120 in rain. Scald was always a good option, but given how few switch ins to rain boosted Hydro Pumps there were, it never really needed the burn chance to break its checks. Given how rain teams rarely use Keldeo now, it doesn't have the option of blowing through checks and counters with rain boosted STABs, so it has switched over to Scald in order to wear out opponents with the burn.

can somebody tell me what are the 5 best teams top ladder right now ou teach me where i can see this info ? im really curious if my teams are really good or just lucky

can somebody tell me what are the 5 best teams top ladder right now ou teach me where i can see this info ? im really curious if my teams are really good or just lucky
Short of PMing the top people on the ladder and asking or browsing the RMT forums for teams that say "Peaked #1!" or something, there's no data on complete teams. The Smogon Usage Stats do keep track of other things, however. What you might be looking for is here (the OU 1825 stats for Pokemon) and here (each mon broken down by item, moves, EV spread, checks and counters, and even teammates).

I couldn't help to notice that, under BL, was a new list called "OU only when combining mega and non-mega usage", which sure enough seems logical when it comes to better clarifying it still has me questioning on whether or not it has any affect on the tiers. Are we going to see non-megas like Charizard and Manectric returning to their original tiers in the near future? I feel I can ask this logically as it's been done before with BL megas like Heracross and Medicham. Can someone make sense of this?

I couldn't help to notice that, under BL, was a new list called "OU only when combining mega and non-mega usage", which sure enough seems logical when it comes to better clarifying it still has me questioning on whether or not it has any affect on the tiers. Are we going to see non-megas like Charizard and Manectric returning to their original tiers in the near future? I feel I can ask this logically as it's been done before with BL megas like Heracross and Medicham. Can someone make sense of this?
I don't think we are doing that? That's why Zarel is putting in the "OU by technicality" section on the team builder, to indicate a Pokemon should be in UU, but is unable to due to the mechanics of mega evolution (ie mega slowbro, because slowbro is OU). When this change is actually implemented this section would only include megas, and would be seperate from BL if I understand correctly.
Here is a quote by user atomicllamas that explains it pretty well

A good team is only part of the story. User experience, skill, and luck are also really important. Some teams are easier or harder to use for different people for various reasons. Sometimes the player isn't experienced enough to know how a particular team works. Sometimes the player doesn't like the team's style. For this reason, I wouldn't compare your teams to those at the top of the OU ladder--maybe the 5 at the top like different play styles than you do.

I'm in a UCL/EXPNU league, and any suggestions on a second overall pick? I'm not sure what to draft, so I'm open to absolutely anything. A Mega would be preferable, but it doesn't have to be.

Defog Latias makes a good partner as it clears hazards that bother both and gives a rain/ground check in one. Otherwise starmie works just as well with volcarona and mane. Azumarill works nicely to if you already have hazards handled

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What's the synergy between diance/volc?
Assuming Diancie lacks HP Fire, it is troubled by some Steel types like ferrothorn, bronzong, and scizor, which volcarona has a great matchup versus. Diancie can also check Flying types, mainly talonflame, which are problematic for Volcarona. Mega Diancie's Magic Bounce also somewhat deters the opposing team from setting stealth rock, which shaves off half of volcarona's hp, althought its not very reliable.

i noticed tyrantrum is OU now after HA was released.
is recoil-less head smash really that strong and should it be used over any other rock move??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)