Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some questions about the Celebi download:

1) Does the Celebi come with some automatic perfect IVs, like the X and Y legendaries?
2) Are you allowed to reset as much as you want so you can get the right Celebi?
3) When downloaded, is it then available to be caught in game, so a sychronise pokemon can allow you to get the right nature, or do you just have to reset a lot/be extremely lucky?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So I finally caught a shiny Clauncher (yes, using the chain fishing) and I reaaaaally like the look of it so I want to use it in competitive battles. It's got:

A nature that's neither good nor bad (-Def, +Sp.Def)
IV total somewhere between 0 and 90 (IV judge says it's got "decent potential")
Best IV is Sp.Atk, but it's only 16-25 (IV judge says it's "definitely good")

Since its speed isn't that high anyway, do you think I could realistically use this guy if I EV train it right?
Not really, Lax is a terrible nature on anything. Sorry.

Some questions about the Celebi download:

1) Does the Celebi come with some automatic perfect IVs, like the X and Y legendaries?
2) Are you allowed to reset as much as you want so you can get the right Celebi?
3) When downloaded, is it then available to be caught in game, so a sychronise pokemon can allow you to get the right nature, or do you just have to reset a lot/be extremely lucky?
1) Yes, Free 31 iv random 3 value
2) No, after recieved, she will sent to box 1 and game saved.
3) Look at 2

Only one time to get, can't reset or anything same as Pokemon for Poke Radar. Thanks that I got Modest with this spread 24/5/31/31/31/29. I hope Z or later game will have move tutor that I taught her Earth Power.

Hey guys, I quit Pokemon shortly before the Lando-I ban back in 5th gen, and I'm thinking of trying out 6th gen. However, I have only a small idea what's going on, so can someone link me to the usage statistics (I can't seem to find it) and any solid RMTs showing what the metagame looks like? Thanks in advance.

Oh, also, have the lower tiers been made yet? Or is it just OU and Ubers for the moment?

Hey guys, I quit Pokemon shortly before the Lando-I ban back in 5th gen, and I'm thinking of trying out 6th gen. However, I have only a small idea what's going on, so can someone link me to the usage statistics (I can't seem to find it) and any solid RMTs showing what the metagame looks like? Thanks in advance.

Oh, also, have the lower tiers been made yet? Or is it just OU and Ubers for the moment?
It's pretty different. Dragon-type attacks, weather teams, and hazard-centric strategies all took big hits; Dragons locked into Outrage are Fairy bait now, weather no longer lasts forever even when set by abilities, and it's much more of a gamble to use a suicide hazard setter because it's harder to prevent hazards from being cleared, thanks to boosted, un-spinblockable Defog.

There's a "beta" UU being hashed together based off of the last three months of OU stats, but it's pretty fresh and chaotic right now because OU has been in so much flux. Nothing below that yet.

Is anger Point a viable ability for an adamant max attack and speed Krookodile with a Focus sash or should I just stick with Moxie?

Last edited:
Is anger Point a viable ability for an adamant max attack and speed Krookodile with a Focus sash or should I just stick with Moxie?
Moxie or Intimidate. Anger Point is only really useful in Doubles, where you can trigger it with something like Storm Throw for a cheapie Belly Drum alternative. The odds of getting Anger Point triggered in singles are much too long to waste an ability slot on, especially when Krookodile has two other fantastic options.

Do damage-boosting items like Life Orb, Choice Band and such go through Unaware?
Unaware simply ignores stat changes, so I'm pretty sure that any boosts from items still apply.

A quick question: I'm planning to build a team around Shift Gear Genesect, so what are some checks and counters to it, and what team mates help deal with Genesect's counters/checks and what sweeping Pokemon would share counters and checks with Genesect (I'm going with a parallel sweeping idea)?

Last edited:
Do females caught in HG/SS in Kurt's Apricorn balls pass those ball-sprites to their offspring when transferred and bred in generation 6?

Anyone with bank can confirm this?

Quick Claw is banned in OU? I only saw Lax Insane, bright Power is banned what about quick claw?
Last I checked, the Quick Claw wasn't banned. Bright Powder is because it falls under the evasion clause.

I don't recommend Quick Claw anyway, though. It's too much of a gamble, and can't help you reliably check or counter anything.

I can't imagine so. He's got Prankster going for him, but not a single thing of note to really abuse it with and absolutely godawful stats both offensively and defensively.
AND because he single handedly forced game freak to change the way copycat works, he can't even abuse that anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)