Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sleep Clause - You lose if, at the end of your turn, two of your opponent's Pokemon were put to sleep by a move you used but were not forced into, and neither have had their sleep removed since then.

On PS if you try to put a second Pokemon to sleep, the move just fails iirc. On wifi you pretty much just have to self enforce it.

Is the Sleep Clause ever enforced? If so, when and how? (My friend thinks it's a stupid rule and thus ignores it all the time, and I've never seen anything on Showdown that stops people from spamming Dark Void or Lovely Kiss or Spore, for example.)
If you're playing with your friend, you just have to agree that if one of you breaks the rule, that person loses. There's no in-game enforcement on the 3ds. On Pokemon Showdown as Nova says a second sleep move will just fail and say "sleep clause mod activated."

Certain tier's don't have sleep clause and some do. Tier's that don't would be Doubles, VGC, etc. Sleep Clause will be enforced if any Pokemon is already asleep on someones team and a different Pokemon gets hit with a sleeping move. It's probably a tier/battle format you are playing that does not have sleep clause. Also there are many things that counter Sleeping. Spore does not affect grass types, taunt + prankster destroys sleep setting Pokemon, some pokemon cannot go to sleep due to there abilities ( For Example: Vital Spirit )
Okay, thank you. If someone uses a sleep-inducing move against a Pokémon that was already put to sleep by it, and the other Pokémon switches, causing a different (awake) Pokémon to be hit by the sleep-inducing move, it will still fail right?

Art Vandelay

Banned deucer.
anyone willing to help me with my OU team? I need someone experienced (preferably a battler from Gen 4 til now) and with some time to discuss it. PM if willing to help, thanks.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Okay, thank you. If someone uses a sleep-inducing move against a Pokémon that was already put to sleep by it, and the other Pokémon switches, causing a different (awake) Pokémon to be hit by the sleep-inducing move, it will still fail right?
if it would result in two pokemon asleep at the same time (and neither one was self-induced via rest) then yes, it will fail

anyone willing to help me with my OU team? I need someone experienced (preferably a battler from Gen 4 til now) and with some time to discuss it. PM if willing to help, thanks.
I would be more than glad to help you with your OU team. There is this thing called RMT ( Rate My Team ), and basically this part of the forums you submit your team and people from the community will help you and try to fix and point out some mistakes or problems to make your team better. Here is the RMT section.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/xy-ou-teams.261/

Be sure to read the rules before creating a RMT!

If you would like me to Rate your team, don't hesitate to ask :)

Art Vandelay

Banned deucer.
I would be more than glad to help you with your OU team. There is this thing called RMT ( Rate My Team ), and basically this part of the forums you submit your team and people from the community will help you and try to fix and point out some mistakes or problems to make your team better. Here is the RMT section.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/xy-ou-teams.261/

Be sure to read the rules before creating a RMT!

If you would like me to Rate your team, don't hesitate to ask :)
lol I know about the RMT section, this was more a request for a 1on1 insightful comments. RMT are usually for ppl that are clueless and doing like 1500s on the ladder with a copy/paste team or leaderboards making their team public with a little bit of bragging sometimes (they are clearly not asking for help). I'm a very experienced Ubers ladder since Gen 4 and although I also did Gen 4 OU I stayed out of it for Gen 5 (did Gen 4 UU and Gen 5 NU as well). Also I need help for a particular format me and my friends are playing (pool of 9 pokes). My team is currently at mid 1700s and I'm happy about it, just need some advice on possible extra members, hence why 1on1 input would be better

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
lol I know about the RMT section, this was more a request for a 1on1 insightful comments. RMT are usually for ppl that are clueless and doing like 1500s on the ladder with a copy/paste team or leaderboards making their team public with a little bit of bragging sometimes (they are clearly not asking for help). I'm a very experienced Ubers ladder since Gen 4 and although I also did Gen 4 OU I stayed out of it for Gen 5 (did Gen 4 UU and Gen 5 NU as well). Also I need help for a particular format me and my friends are playing (pool of 6). My team is currently at mid 1700s and I'm happy about it, just need some advice on possible extra members, hence why 1on1 input would be better
I believe the mentor program exists for that specific request, which is answering questions 1on1 as you called it. Check it out maybe?

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Latios doesn't use Dragon Dance. DD Latios is walled by like half the metagame and offers nothing over the many better OU DD users.
dude he's on wi-fi and wants to use DD Latios jesus christ for fucks sake what is with these ppl feeling so fucking entitled....theres no point in starting an argument bc its the most retarded argument in history but sometimes ppl just want some help doing what they do, fuck

Sheesh, I was just saying that Latios isn't a good Dragon Dancer and that there are plenty of much better options, no need to get so ridiculously defensive. Also, Mega Charizard X and Mega Tyranitar are both good Dragon Dancers that are unpredictable (at least before they mega evolve). That said, if you want to use dd Latios for whatever reason, Dragon Claw would probably be the best way to go.

Last edited:

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Sheesh, I was just saying that Latios isn't a good Dragon Dancer and that there are plenty of much better options, no need to get so ridiculously defensive. Also, Mega Charizard X and Mega Tyranitar are both good Dragon Dancers that are unpredictable (at least before they mega evolve). That said, if you want to use dd Latios for whatever strange reason, Dragon Claw would probably be the best way to go.
problem discussed, taking to pm n_n

Sheer Force or Mold Breaker on Rampardos?
[Trick Room]

Mold Breaker hits Levitate
Sheer Force for Rock Slides/Zens/Crunches/Ironheads

I was thinking
Rockslide
EQ
Sub
Zen Headbutt/Crunch

Sheer Force or Mold Breaker on Rampardos?
[Trick Room]

Mold Breaker hits Levitate
Sheer Force for Rock Slides/Zens/Crunches/Ironheads

I was thinking
Rockslide
EQ
Sub
Zen Headbutt/Crunch
I actually would go with Mold Breaker. The ability to hit Rotom-W with Earthquake is really useful. In addition, unboosted Head Smash is much more powerful than a Sheer Force boosted Rock Slide.

Who is bettor as a d.d dragon in this gen.

salamence or Dragonite?

((I have tried both on my team and both do just fine at this job))

I'm well aware that in gen 5 the answer would have been salamence beyond a doubt due to the moxie boosts but salamence got nerfed this gen and Dragonite has his sweet bulk.
so I'm torn.

EDIT: everyone if free to voice who I should choose.

Last edited:

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Who is bettor as a d.d dragon in this gen.

salamence or Dragonite?

((I have tried both on my team and both do just fine at this job))

I'm well aware that in gen 5 the answer would have been salamence beyond a doubt due to the moxie boosts but salamence got nerfed this gen and Dragonite has his sweet bulk.
so I'm torn.
Im going with Dragonite just because it has Multiscale as its HA. Allowing you to take a SE hit (and even activating weakness Policy) and set up a dd isnt that easy to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)