Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How hard it is to get a good ditto 4~6IVs on the friend safari?
Extremely hard. Basically impossible.

You get 2 IVs for free. Getting at least a third perfect IV is approximately a 12% chance. To get at least a third and fourth, the probability drops to half a percent. To get all six, the probability is less than 0.0001%. (i.e. literally one in a million)

To put this in perspective, statistically you'll find 244 shiny wild pokemon (without the shiny charm) before you find a 6IV Ditto in the friend safari.

Now combine that with the fact that ditto doesn't show up every encounter and the time it takes to go from one encounter to the next (not to mention IV checking) and you're gonna be there a looooooong time.

Is there a non-mega offensive Spinner that can take advantage of Sticky Web? I would use a Defogger, but I kinda need SW to stay up and the ones that don't lose me offensive momentum I feel are not a good fit with their naturally high speed. And Mega-Blastoise is a no-no since the team was made to use Mega-Heracross.

Also, I have Bisharp and Aegislash for Defog/Spinblocking. I chose Bisharp over Thundurus since he can better take advantage of the Sticky Web drop, as well as get a free +2 if I see fit to purposely let Web get Magic Bounce'd. The problem is that I now have 4 'mons weak to Fire and 3 weak to Ground (however, 1 is a Heatran with Air Balloon and then Aegi has a Weakness Policy set with EVs to take EQ's from Exca/Chomp). Basically, is losing the benefits of Bisharp worth changing to Thundurus for the sake of typing?

Is there a non-mega offensive Spinner that can take advantage of Sticky Web? I would use a Defogger, but I kinda need SW to stay up and the ones that don't lose me offensive momentum I feel are not a good fit with their naturally high speed. And Mega-Blastoise is a no-no since the team was made to use Mega-Heracross.

Also, I have Bisharp and Aegislash for Defog/Spinblocking. I chose Bisharp over Thundurus since he can better take advantage of the Sticky Web drop, as well as get a free +2 if I see fit to purposely let Web get Magic Bounce'd. The problem is that I now have 4 'mons weak to Fire and 3 weak to Ground (however, 1 is a Heatran with Air Balloon and then Aegi has a Weakness Policy set with EVs to take EQ's from Exca/Chomp). Basically, is losing the benefits of Bisharp worth changing to Thundurus for the sake of typing?
I'd say that excadrill is a good spinner that can take advantage of SW but since you already have many problems with ground and fire problems you can use LO analytic Starmie, it's not very powerful, but is very fast and with SW it can outspeed every non flying/Levitate/air baloon mon, except Deo-S
Also Analytic LO Hydro Pump hits hard on a switch

This allows a Tyranitar holding a Choice Scarf to outspeed fully invested positive-natured base 115s. This is mostly important for base 110s like Lati@s and Gengar, as well as base 111 Thundurus, but outspeeding Starmie and Raikou is still nice.

Edit: If not holding Scarf, then yeah Jolly is probably not worth the power drop.
Okay, thanks :] I just see everyone run them jolly, mostly sashed with SR and 3 attacking moves, and just wondered if it added anything over adamant :]

He outspeeds neutral 0 EV base 100s, so I guess he can hit 0 speed Mamoswine with superpower.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. He can outspeed 0 speed Mamo with Adamant, too. I don't know that T-tar gets much benefit from Jolly over Adamant.
Okay, but a 0ev base 100 is pretty uncommon tho :]

I made a team with SD Diggersby, but I can hardly find a pokemon on which I can set up. On its analysis, it is written that it can come in on Heatran or Blissey, the first can Lava Plume and burn, and generally Chansey is prefferred to Blissey and can easily Toxic. So, which pokemon can be set up bait for Diggersby ?

I'd say that excadrill is a good spinner that can take advantage of SW but since you already have many problems with ground and fire problems you can use LO analytic Starmie, it's not very powerful, but is very fast and with SW it can outspeed every non flying/Levitate/air baloon mon, except Deo-S
Also Analytic LO Hydro Pump hits hard on a switch
Thanks, I'll try it. It's replacing a Manaphy anyways, so it'll have near-identical coverage anyways lol

I'm just curious. last gen both blissey and chansey were listed as b- rank in the viability rankings. While this gen blissey is treated as this abominable piece of shit that should never be used. What exactly happened to warrant this sudden change of mindset?

I'm just curious. last gen both blissey and chansey were listed as b- rank in the viability rankings. While this gen blissey is treated as this abominable piece of shit that should never be used. What exactly happened to warrant this sudden change of mindset?
I Think it is due to chansey tanking physical hits a lot better, White blissey is more limited to special, with lefties it's a better special tank. There's more mixed sweepers in this meta, like latios, thunderous and keldeo, where chanteys shine :]

I made a team with SD Diggersby, but I can hardly find a pokemon on which I can set up. On its analysis, it is written that it can come in on Heatran or Blissey, the first can Lava Plume and burn, and generally Chansey is prefferred to Blissey and can easily Toxic. So, which pokemon can be set up bait for Diggersby ?
Diggersby forces a ton of switches, so it is best to set up on something it forces out, such as Aegislash, Heatran, or Chansey. Obviously, these Pokemon can harm Diggersby if it switches into the wrong move, so be sure that they won't use such a move when you switch it in (for example, you can bring it in when Chansey is going to use Softboiled, Aegislash is going to use Shadow Ball, etc)

Delibird is Amazing, Blissey's only real advantage over Chansey is the fact that Leftovers helps it handle residual damage a bit better. In Gen 5, perma sand (not to mention sand stall, where Blissey had the clear advantage) and volt-turn were very common, so Blissey, which handled these things better, had a reason to be used. Now, sand is no longer permanent, volt-turn teams have become much, much rarer, and sand stall no longer exists. In addition, the most important targets of Blissey's Flamethrower, Scizor and Ferrothorn, have gone from being metagame-defining to being less prominent (but still good) threats. Now that none of Blissey's advantages are very important while Chansey's massive bulk advantage is still as prominent as ever, Chansey is the only one of the two that should ever be used.

How hard it is to get a good ditto 4~6IVs on the friend safari?
You always get 2 perfect IVs in the FS. Each other IV has a 1/32 chance of being perfect. So it's a binomial distribution with p=1/32 and n=4. So the probabilities of the various perfect IVs are:

at least 2: 100.00%
at least 3: 11.93%
at least 4: 0.56%

at least 5 or 6: not even worth calculating

Ok, I've got a question.

I'm making a dragonite. His attacks are going to be:
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Punch
Extreme Speed OR Earthquake

My problem is, to get extreme speed on him I have to buy another game (HG/SS).

Is it worth it to get extreme speed? Should I settle for earthquake instead? I NEED ANSWERS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Ok, I've got a question.

Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Punch

Is it worth it to get extreme speed? Should I settle for earthquake instead? I NEED ANSWERS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

Thanks.
or you could just ask someone on here if they have an extra one to give you. . >.>

Ok, I've got a question.

Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Punch

Thanks.
You don't need HG/SS to get E-Speed, you just need to trade for any Dratini that already has it since it's an Egg Move. You could visit Pokemon Showdown's Wi-Fi chatroom to ask for one, although I happen to have one myself and will gladly breed one for you. PM me your Friend Code if you're interested.

Hi, I'm new here, so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong thread, 'cause these forums are a bit confusing for me.
I have two question:
1-I have no idea where to start learning about team building and types of teams, because it's a new concept to me (I'm used to playing fighting games). So if someone could point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated.
2-I have two Gibles with the following IVs and don't know which is better so I could train it (both Jolly):
15/31/31/23/20/31
31/31/18/11/24/30

2-I have two Gibles with the following IVs and don't know which is better so I could train it (both Jolly):
15/31/31/23/20/31
31/31/18/11/24/30
Both are very good, the second one is slightly better defensively, but slightly slower. Will you care about speed tying other Garchomp? If yes, pick 1. If no, pick 2.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I'm new here, so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong thread, 'cause these forums are a bit confusing for me.
I have two question:
1-I have no idea where to start learning about team building and types of teams, because it's a new concept to me (I'm used to playing fighting games). So if someone could point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated.
15/31/31/23/20/31
31/31/18/11/24/30
1. I would recommend looking into the Mentor Program to find a mentor that can help you with team building. Here's a list of mentors:
https://www.smogon.com/mentorship/profiles

Someone with Content Areas that include Rate my Team or Overused should be able to help you out. I can also help you out a bit if you shoot me a PM. I would also suggest jumping on IRC and joining the channel #mentor.

3. You should train the first one because that 1 Speed IV is essential to at least be able to speed tie with other Garchomp

First one it is.
Before I get into this mentor program, aren't there any videos I could watch or reading I could do to get an in-depth idea about team building?

First one it is.
Before I get into this mentor program, aren't there any videos I could watch or reading I could do to get an in-depth idea about team building?
This guide is somewhat out of date, as it was made last gen, but a lot of it still holds true: https://www.smogon.com/smog/issue28/teambuilding

The main issue is that it was made for a much more offensive and less bulky environment, and one with less priority moves. Basically keep in mind that many of the choice scarf users (refereed to as scarfers) mentioned in the guide have had their roles replaced by priority users, and that you need a bigger emphasis on breaking walls this gen.

That guide combined with the viability ranking thread and the Teambuilding/Roles thread (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ou-teambuilding.3499606/page-14#post-5452963) can help you get a foothold.

To be honest though, one of the best ways to get better is just to practice by importing Rate My Teams that you understand how they work, and figuring out the game with them before you make your own teams. Here's the RMT section: http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/xy-ou-teams.261/

First one it is.
These videos help with general teambuilding, especially for beginners.

(Route 1: OU Team Anaylsis!)
(Battling 101 - Team building)

Adding on to what rachet67 said, you should definitely check out the RMT section, especially teams that have been put in the RMT archive, as it contains some really solid and fun to play teams. Hope this helps!

Is there pokemon that can reliable counter both Bisharp and Aegislash?
Specially defensive Hippodown does a pretty good job, especially since it can switch into Aegislash's Shadow Ball. Watch out for the SubToxic Aegislash set though.
Physically defensive Chesnaught also can check Aegislash and Bisharp, being immune to Shadow Ball. It can hit Bisharp with Hammer Arm and Aegislash with Earthquake, though it has to watch out for Flash Cannon and SubToxic Aegislash. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)