Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the XY OU Viability Ranking Thread: what status is the blacklist specifically? is it "if you're going to start an actual discussion on one of these Pokemon, your post(s) will be deleted"? or "if you're going to start an actual discussion on one of these Pokemon, you better have a damn good reason"? Because from what I can tell, they're all bad because they're outclassed by something - and while that's mostly true, I see two exceptions, in Darmanitan and Florges. Darm is for the teams that need Scarf Physical Victini and can afford the speed drop, yet can't handle another psychic-type. Florges is different - yes, it's completely outclassed by Sylveon. But by how much? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the gap is so small that I think it's perfectly fine if someone uses Florges over Sylveon because they like Florges better - not to mention the psychological effect of using a pokemon you like over one you don't like actually making you end up using it more wisely can help close the viability gap (and yes, I have observed that phenomenon before).

If it sounds like I'm gonna try and start a discussion on those two mons anywhere, don't worry, I won't - those probably aren't good enough reasons anyway.
I mean... You've got a point, but my take is that most of the theorymonners around here generally like to discuss intangibles. If you prefer Florges over Sylveon by all means do it, because the gap between them really ISN'T all that wide... but just go in knowing that your pick will be functionally identical to Sylveon, except very mildly inferior.

I don't think most people around here, especially in the viability thread, are especially interested in discussing psychological aspects of Pokemon versus quantifiable strengths and weaknesses, and in the absence of preference and psychology, there's just no reason for folks to spend time discussing Florges when Sylveon is available for a given tier. Not to discount the importance of player skill and the existence of the freedom to use what you want, of course.

For lack of a better place to ask, what happened to the "Sort by" function of the old Smogdex? It used to be, you could sort Pokemon in a tier by their stats or alphabetically and the like. Is this function still in the current Smogdex? If so, how can I access it?

For lack of a better place to ask, what happened to the "Sort by" function of the old Smogdex? It used to be, you could sort Pokemon in a tier by their stats or alphabetically and the like. Is this function still in the current Smogdex? If so, how can I access it?
I haven't tried specifically, but I know a lot of functions with the dex haven't been implemented yet (i.e. Overviews/Other Options/Checks and Counters), so I assume the Sort By function is still a work in progress, if it isn't working for you right now.

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
How do you change your avatar image? Do you have to save the image and then paste it?
On Smogon you go hover over your name, and click Personal Details. From there you can be prompted to changing the image via downloaded images on your computer, not sure if URLs also work though. (Haven't changed my avi in so long.) On Showdown, you click the gear in the top right corner and from there you can click Change Avatar, and choose from the sprite list there.

Edit: Love ya too Aragorn the King

Should assault vest azumarill invest mainly in SpDef or HP (alongside Atk)? I believe the link provided by the OU viability thread says to give max SpDef investment, while the StrategyDex says to invest mainly in HP. Which's advice should I follow?

slayerx725232

Should assault vest azumarill invest mainly in SpDef or HP (alongside Atk)? I believe the link provided by the OU viability thread says to give max SpDef investment, while the StrategyDex says to invest mainly in HP. Which's advice should I follow?
From what I have seen it is really mixed, so either or should work, though I would personally prefer HP investments over SpDef since that is the point of AV, and what fun is it getting decimated by physical attacks quite easily? Then again, I rarely Azumarill, so take that with caution.

Edit: Here is what the Beta Pokedex says: "While Special Defense investment might seem like a good idea in order to take best advantage of its Assault Vest, Azumarill is not only meant to tank special attackers, but also physical attackers. Pokemon such as Mega Charizard X, Mega Gyarados, and Dragonite are dealt with much better by opting for HP over Special Defense investment, so that is what is chosen." whereas the Damage Calculator opts more for 240 in SpDef, and 12 in HP.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
imo use max HP, since it lets you take char-x's flare blitz much better, as well as some weaker eqs.
Thank you both :] Can you do it on mobile too?
Yeah. I can't get any screenshots, but just go to your home page and hit your gible. it should let you change it.

slayerx725232

imo use max HP, since it lets you take char-x's flare blitz much better, as well as some weaker eqs.

Yeah. I can't get any screenshots, but just go to your home page and hit your gible. it should let you change it.
Reserving to take screenshots. Bare with me, my phone is a butt.

Edit: Got them, not sure if you can see the faint blue outline over the 'Personal Details' or not, but yeah, that's what you gotta click. (Tried doing it without actually clicking it, turned out really faint.) http://gyazo.com/9e1996a9beb6450cf22cdfe00251fe30 http://gyazo.com/23b90723020b86d0a2cad82b253a649a (Format may vary from phone to phone, but should be similarish, if anything.)

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Somewhere on the forum I see people with I COULD BE BANNED is this a joke, or does it mean something? Like have they been close to getting forum banned?
Expanding on from what DHR explained, it is also possible to put this as one's custom user title (little message under someone's username) if they're badged. The main difference is that if it is real, it will be in bold letters. Additionally, one won't have this usertitle if they're badged (well... in theory).

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Expanding on from what DHR explained, it is also possible to put this as one's custom user title (little message under someone's username) if they're badged. The main difference is that if it is real, it will be in bold letters. Additionally, one won't have this usertitle if they're badged (well... in theory).
Nah, badged users can have that ct.

slayerx725232

If a Magnezone switches in on a Gregninja using a steel move (does it get one other than HP steel) will magnet pull work?
Based on the fact that Magnet Pull traps Steel-types, it should be no different via Protean, until the Greninja uses another move of a different typing.

Miridy

♩_♩
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
What is this Double Bunny team I hear so much about? Is there a detailed post or RMT about it?
I'm not aware if there is a specific rmt about it but it's a core composed of diggersby and azumarill, majority of times diggersby is sd while azumarill avest in order to act as a great pivot and glue to a team, but it's not unusual to see belly drum, common teammates of this core can be latios, since he can defog and use memento, in order to make easy setup for diggersby or bdrum azuma, latias since she has defog and healing wish, and pinsir which shares diggersby's same checks.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is more-or-less the team: http://pastebin.com/XHd1pPck

though I think Diggersby sometimes runs Wild Charge to beat Shed Shell Skarm and Gengar? not sure. As Amy Sorel said, there are a few variations on the team.

Last edited:
If a Volcarona came in on SR and used Roost to get it back to full HP, if it got hit by a move that would KO it, and it was holding a Sash, would it activate?
(Simpler version: If a Pokemon that took prior damage got back to full health and got to 100% HP got hit by a move that would KO it, would a Focus Sash activate?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)