Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the Tier list been reset for ORAS or do all the X/Y bans carry over? I remember seeing some talk about it since ORAS introduces so much it could be considered a completely separate metagame from X/Y, but the only tier list I can find is the one in X/Y. Obviously I would expect some pokemon to be quick banned (hello M-Kang) but I feel the pokemon from the last few suspect tests should get another shot.

Has the Tier list been reset for ORAS or do all the X/Y bans carry over? I remember seeing some talk about it since ORAS introduces so much it could be considered a completely separate metagame from X/Y, but the only tier list I can find is the one in X/Y. Obviously I would expect some pokemon to be quick banned (hello M-Kang) but I feel the pokemon from the last few suspect tests should get another shot.
All of the bans from X/Y have carried over. Some may get another suspect but for right now we're waiting for the meta to settle more before introducing old suspects, especially since Mega Salamence was just banned.

napty

Banned deucer.
Hi, where should I suggest an unban for Aegislash?

I PMed Haunter but like every single mod he's ignoring all the random user.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Answers for Zard X?
Just realized my Rotom-W was set up bait and I didn't have anything for this dragon on my team:[
Try out Rhyperior. It's really physically bulky + can OHKO Charizard with EQ, making it a pretty great counter. If you're not into Rhyperior, you could also try Iron Defense Mega Slowbro, who walls even Outrage variants without a care.

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Answers for Zard X?
Just realized my Rotom-W was set up bait and I didn't have anything for this dragon on my team:[
In addition to the Pokemon Aragorn suggested, Heatran and physically defensive Landorus-T make great answers, the former to non Earthquake varients, at least. Heatran reists both of Mega Charizard X's STAB moves, and can retalitate with either Earth Power or Toxic. Landorus-T doesn't resist any of Charizard's moves, but got the raw bulk to take it on, even when it sets up a Dragon Dance.

In addition to the Pokemon Aragorn suggested, Heatran and physically defensive Landorus-T make great answers, the former to non Earthquake varients, at least. Heatran reists both of Mega Charizard X's STAB moves, and can retalitate with either Earth Power or Toxic. Landorus-T doesn't resist any of Charizard's moves, but got the raw bulk to take it on, even when it sets up a Dragon Dance.
Brick Break destroys Heatran at +1, and Zard doesn't have to waste a turn doing chip damage to break a balloon. In general, Zard X should always run Brick Break over EQ because it gives better coverage and has comparable power after Tough Claws.
Good counter to CharX is Azumarril. Regardless of the last move slot, azu resists and either sets up or desyroys CharX.
Lando with a scarf out speeds +1 adamant zards and has that Earthquake move that works pretty well against Zard. Rhyperior can also check pretty well.
Scarfchomp is also scary for Zard X, thanks to that 102 base speed over 100 from Zard.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Brick Break destroys Heatran at +1, and Zard doesn't have to waste a turn doing chip damage to break a balloon. In general, Zard X should always run Brick Break over EQ because it gives better coverage and has comparable power after Tough Claws.
Good counter to CharX is Azumarril. Regardless of the last move slot, azu resists and either sets up or desyroys CharX.
Lando with a scarf out speeds +1 adamant zards and has that Earthquake move that works pretty well against Zard. Rhyperior can also check pretty well.
Scarfchomp is also scary for Zard X, thanks to that 102 base speed over 100 from Zard.
Since when does mega charizard x run brick break?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Since Air Balloon Heatran became a thing. Brick Break has 97.5 BP after Tough Claws, and hits more things than EQ does. Chansey no longer means taking massive recoil damage from Blitz, Snorlax, TTar, and many other threats fear the Brick Break more than the EQ. Also fuck Air Balloon.
Please don't mention snorlax in OU, it's just not viable. Just read kurodas post.

Blissey then, basically the point is that Brick Break is better than EQ because it takes out pretty much all the same threats that you carry EQ for, but also gives more coverage.
Except Azumarill, Mega Altaria... things that are more viable, common and dangerous than lolblissey.
There's a reason it's never been considered. Especially due to the lack of power.

Except Azumarill, Mega Altaria... things that are more viable, common and dangerous than lolblissey.
There's a reason it's never been considered. Especially due to the lack of power.
It has only 2.5 less power than EQ, and I'm pretty sure it's a neutral hit on Azu either way, Alteria is a terrible match up for Zard X as is, even if he was running Roost instead of a coverage move.
What exactly does EQ hit that BB doesn't?

It has only 2.5 less power than EQ, and I'm pretty sure it's a neutral hit on Azu either way, Alteria is a terrible match up for Zard X as is, even if he was running Roost instead of a coverage move.
Azu is Fairy Type, So no, Brick break isn't a neutral hit. EQ has broader coverage than Brick Break, which is why it's run often, since it hits quite a bit neutrally.

Azumarill, Altaria, Heatran, Diancie, Rhyperior (sorta, Rhy takes it pretty well, but it takes BB even better). BB hits BalloonTran (who gets wrecked by Dragon Claw + EQ anyways) and TTar.

Azu is Fairy Type, So no, Brick break isn't a neutral hit. EQ has broader coverage than Brick Break, which is why it's run often, since it hits quite a bit neutrally.
It hits the same number of things, type wise.
And all the things listed are terrible choices to stay in against since you cannot land a ohko and can die pretty easily, except maybe Diancie, would need to see calcs.
I mean, out of all the things you would run EQ to actually hit, when would BB not effectively do the same thing? There are plenty of enemies where fighting is a better coverage choice than ground, and the damage is so close that it comes down to having something that will take out a check. Heatran is a bitch with Air Balloon and very rarely do I encounter one without that particular item for EQ protection.
The super effective hits on Normal, Ice, and Dark types imo is better than the coverage on Poison, Fire, and Electric types, considering there are more of the former in OU that CharX wants outs to than the latter.

It hits the same number of things, type wise.
And all the things listed are terrible choices to stay in against since you cannot land a ohko and can die pretty easily, except maybe Diancie, would need to see calcs.
I mean, out of all the things you would run EQ to actually hit, when would BB not effectively do the same thing? There are plenty of enemies where fighting is a better coverage choice than ground, and the damage is so close that it comes down to having something that will take out a check. Heatran is a bitch with Air Balloon and very rarely do I encounter one without that particular item for EQ protection.
The super effective hits on Normal, Ice, and Dark types imo is better than the coverage on Poison, Fire, and Electric types, considering there are more of the former in OU that CharX wants outs to than the latter.
Name an OU viable Normal type that you would rather hit with BB rather than a Flare Blitz or DClaw. Ice already gets bopped by Flare Blitz/FPunch. Literally the only Dark Type I'd rather hit with BB is T-tar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)