Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Lucario at rank B- in viability rankings
lol
Edit: "wow it's so much worse than that!"

Last edited:

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Why is Lucario at rank B- in viability rankings
lol
Do you mean "lol" as it "wow it's so much better than that", or "lol" as in "wow it's so much worse than that!" ?

If it's the latter, I agree with you. I'm pretty sure it's just because nominations for it to drop to C+/C got lost in the sea of other nominations.

What's the difference between full offense, hyper offense, and heavy offense? I see those terms being used sometimes interchangeably and sometimes not, so what are the differences?

What's the difference between full offense, hyper offense, and heavy offense? I see those terms being used sometimes interchangeably and sometimes not, so what are the differences?
I dont think there is any difference. I guess there's probably some really fine line, in that full offense would be such that every one of your pokemon is offensive whereas hyper offense can include things like suicide leads. Other than that there's probably no distinguishable difference. Heavy offense is probably just a fancy word for a really offensive team like hyper offense or bulky offense or it may even be a more offensive take on balance. Sorry I couldn't give you a concrete answer because I haven't ever heard of heavy/hyper/full offense being used interchangeably. The three terms are really just one in the same thing.

edit: just ignore my above comment, they're all the same thing unless you want to pick out every fine and unimportant detail.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Those are all synonyms, I'm pretty sure. They all reflect a playstyle revolving around purely offensive mons, aka sweepers and wallbreakers, with one hazard lead that doesn't have to be that offensive.

If there's any difference, it may be that full offense doesn't allow for a non-offensive hazard lead, such as klefki, whereas HO does, but I'm pretty sure there're no differences.

Pokemon on these playstyles are never walls, which separates the playstyles from balance, and almost never are slow and bulky, which separates the playstyles from bulky offense.

I'm currently working on a new team, and it looks very Bisharp weak currently. What are some good non-mega checks to it that would fit on a Balance/Bulky Offense team?

I'm currently working on a new team, and it looks very Bisharp weak currently. What are some good non-mega checks to it that would fit on a Balance/Bulky Offense team?
Keldeo is a great counter to bisharp, resisting both of it's STAB moves and OHKOing with secret sword. However, +2 sucker punch does a lot of damage.
Sashloom is also a great answer to bisharp, as mach punch OHKOes, and it doesn't have to care about sucker punch since jolly loom's mach punch outspeeds adamant bisharp's sucker punch. However, if bisharp is jolly, things get a bit trickier.

Namely faster things that resist dark including keldeo and breloom (via Mach Punch). Some other options that people haven't mentioned include faster pokemon that use Substitute (think SubSD Garchomp) and AV Bisharp with Low Kick.

edit: ty based ssjjynx

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is Snorlax usable at all in the ORAS OU meta? On paper it seems like it would be a decent Assault Vest user, but I've seen no mention of it.
No, not really. It's kinda deadweight versus most teams and has a lot of trouble handling the threats it would seem to be able to with an AV due to coverage moves and sheer power.

A big request, could someone tell me what is the "most common" team around? Just the kind of team you meet the most. If you could name me six pokemon that are often used with each other + movesets (or just moveset names, I'll check them on smogon) I'd be forever grateful.

(I kinda want to test some hipster ideas vs. a "typical" team)

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
If I remember correctly the biggest difference between hyper offense and heavy offense is that heavy offense is build with a suicide lead, a few wallbreakers, a stallbreaker (or 2) and a set-up sweeper or something like that. Hyper offense is build with a suicide lead or a screens setter with many set-up sweepers which can punch holes untill one of the sweepers can break through.

A big request, could someone tell me what is the "most common" team around? Just the kind of team you meet the most. If you could name me six pokemon that are often used with each other + movesets (or just moveset names, I'll check them on smogon) I'd be forever grateful.

(I kinda want to test some hipster ideas vs. a "typical" team)
Scarf lando-t, defensive rotom-w, standard defensive ferrothorn, LO latios, CM + magic guard clefable, mega of choice.

Can I get a quick metagame update? Been away for a number of weeks, ever since the Greninja suspect began. What happened to that? Has anything become really popular and taken the meta by storm? Not expecting much to have changed but a refresher would be great. :heart:

Can I get a quick metagame update? Been away for a number of weeks, ever since the Greninja suspect began. What happened to that? Has anything become really popular and taken the meta by storm? Not expecting much to have changed but a refresher would be great. :heart:
Results of Greninja voting are happening tomorrow, Serperior is our new god, nothing much else of note.

Mgross has been riding the hype train.

Cheers gents, that's a shame about Metagross. One more; I noticed that Celebi is now A-rank in the viability rankings. What's causing it to gain popularity? At last count, I think it was C+ rank (definitely not A anyhow).

I was wonderibg if this is a good set for Thundurus.
Nasty plot
Thunder wave
Thunderbolt
Focus blast
Prankster
Life orb
Timid
Max Sp.ATK Spe

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I was wonderibg if this is a good set for Thundurus.
Nasty plot
Thunder wave
Thunderbolt
Focus blast
Prankster
Life orb
Timid
Max Sp.ATK Spe
If it's ingame that is fine but normally you would have hidden power ice or hidden power flying over either thunder wave or nasty plot in most scenarios. It's usually tbolt, hpice, focus blast, thunder wave or tbolt, hp flying, nasty plot, thunder wave with leftovers on that last set. tbolt, hpice, focus blast, nasty plot is another one that sees limited use but is still effective as well.

I was thinking of making a team around sweeper Celebi (running NP, Giga Drain, HP Ice and Earth Power). What item would be best for this set? I was thinking expert belt, as it hits almost everything for SE damage, but the power of LO is appealing, the bulk of leftovers is nice etc

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I was thinking of making a team around sweeper Celebi (running NP, Giga Drain, HP Ice and Earth Power). What item would be best for this set? I was thinking expert belt, as it hits almost everything for SE damage, but the power of LO is appealing, the bulk of leftovers is nice etc
Life Orb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)