Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are all the stats like what we see on Bulbapedia and Serebii 100% confirmed? There seems to be so many odd numbers this generation (not odd as in indivisible by 2, but as in they're not divisible by 5 like most Pokemon). I know there's nothing that says all Pokemon must have stats divisible by 5, but it just struck me as odd that this was the case for so many of them.

Sort of an odd question; If a Garchomp and Nidoking were battling eachother, would the Nidoking using Ice Beam make the first move?

Edit: Both are at level 50.

Sort of an odd question; If a Garchomp and Nidoking were battling eachother, would the Nidoking using Ice Beam make the first move?

Edit: Both are at level 50.
Depends on which is faster.

If Garchomp has Speed investment (which it should), it will be faster.

If Nidoking is Scarfed and Garchomp isn't (no one uses Scarf Nidoking), Nidoking would be faster.

Depends on which is faster.

If Garchomp has Speed investment (which it should), it will be faster.

If Nidoking is Scarfed and Garchomp isn't (no one uses Scarf Nidoking), Nidoking would be faster.
Let's say if someone did, what would be the chance of someone using a Scarfed Nidoking?

If that's the case, would there be any other possibilities of the Nidoking going first with Ice Beam?
-If Sticky Web is up on Garchomp's side and Garchomp just switched in.
-If Nidoking was Baton Passed Speed boosts.
-If Trick Room is in effect.

Currently, all of those are quite niche. Nidoking has no business trying to fight a Garchomp.

-If Sticky Web is up on Garchomp's side and Garchomp just switched in.
-If Nidoking was Baton Passed Speed boosts.
-If Trick Room is in effect.

Currently, all of those are quite niche. Nidoking has no business trying to fight a Garchomp.
Well, is there any way for sure if I could find out if the Nidoking had a scarf at all?

Assume it doesn't. Much easier to just click Earthquake than to take damage switching to another mon for fear of a set that no one uses.
Actually that did happen. I was in a battle with a Nidoking like that.
I would have never assumed someone would have used a scarf either.

Serebii is making it sounds like Echoed Voice's power only increases if different pokemon use it each round. Is this true, or can the same pokemon use it over and over and see an increase?

Ah cool. So it's not a 2v2 move where you need to alternate pokemon using it?
You might be thinking of Round? That move is a move that in Doubles+, if you have two or more allies using it on the same turn, the BAP of all Rounds will double (up to 240 BAP).

Nah I wasn't mixing them up, just being again duped by Serebii's awkward wording. For Echoed Voice: "This move increases in power when used by different Pokémon on your side in the same turn or the last turn."

If you have a shiny Nincada, and you evolve said Nincada, will both the Ninjask and the resulting husk of its' shell [Shedinja] both be shiny, or will only Ninjask retain said shininess?

Which Flabébé forme is the most rare, and if you breed a white flowered Flabébé, let's say, will all of its' babies be white flowered Flabébé as well?

I have a Modest Scatterbug with compound eyes, 31/xx/xx/31/31/31 (planning a 252 SpA 252 Spe 4HP) andI am wanting to turn her into a Vivillon sweeper. Is this a good iv set and does anyone have move suggestions outside of bug buzz, stun spore, hurricane, and quiver dance?

thanks!

BurningMan

fueled by beer
I have a Modest Scatterbug with compound eyes, 31/xx/xx/31/31/31 (planning a 252 SpA 252 Spe 4HP) andI am wanting to turn her into a Vivillon sweeper. Is this a good iv set and does anyone have move suggestions outside of bug buzz, stun spore, hurricane, and quiver dance?

thanks!
the IVs are okay for Vivillion and the moveset seems good too although you might want to change Stund Spore with Sleep Powder.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If you have a shiny Nincada, and you evolve said Nincada, will both the Ninjask and the resulting husk of its' shell [Shedinja] both be shiny, or will only Ninjask retain said shininess?
both will be shiny
What happened to gems?
aside from normal gem, they aren't currently obtainable in-game. they might be released later on as event items, but we have no way of knowing whether or not they'll ever be obtainable again.

Unfriending someone does not remove their ability to explore your Friend Safari, it only removes their ability to see you on line, and your ability to see their Friend Safari.

Does this hold true if you reformat a system?

If I have a second 3DS which is currently empty of everything except the Pokémon X/Y patch, and a second Pokémon game. Could I theoretically Friend myself, get access to a Friend Safari, then reformat the system to get a new Friend Code, re-Friend myself, getting access to another, different Friend Safari, and rinse and repeat?

I'm planning to try out Zygarde on Wifi, but I want to exploit what makes Zygarde unique rather than just using it for the sake of using it (i.e. I'd run Garchomp if I wanted an offensive sweeper).

I planned something like a Careful Zygarde @ Leftovers, with at least 31/xx/31/xx/31/xx (I actually already caught one like this! Though I can catch another), EV's 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def. Since he gets an excellent 100% accurate Glare, I was going to try to make him a bulky parashuffler, who (unlike Dragonite) has a 100% paralyze even against enemy Ground types. Thus two core moves are Glare and Dragon Tail, to spread paralysis around the enemy team (though I admit on Wifi sleep is a better status, but roll with it). I'm not sure exactly what else to run. I should probably run Earthquake to KO any electric types that might try to absorb the Glare paralysis (not that electric types are a good switch-in to Zygarde anyway) and to have a generally strong STAB. Since Zygarde is so bulky I had Coil recommended to me as a 4th move, so that he can set up to deal more damage in a pinch and also guarantee Dragon Tail hits.

One problem is that this set does exactly nothing to Togekiss aside from paralyzing it, and it isn't too useful against anyone immune to Earthquake in general. I also had Stone Edge recommended as a possibility, but I'm a little leery since that would mean dropping Coil, which has obvious synergy with Stone Edge. Unboosted 80% accuracy is alright, but I prefer to keep riskier moves on my glass cannon sweepers rather than my walls... a risky move on a sweeper probably only needs to land once to get a kill. Not to mention the additional irritation of losing to bad luck in Wifi, since it's not like you get the benefit of hearing "gg I would've lost that game 4 times out of 5" from your opponent afterward.

In short: should I suck it up and take Stone Edge over Coil? Should I run Coil and just switch out on Pokémon like Togekiss? Are ice users like Mamoswine and fairies (who can't be shuffled) going to ruin my day before I spread too much paralysis?

Should I just run M-Venusaur like every other trendster and put all 6 enemy Pokémon to sleep? >.>

edit: let me know if this belongs in Casual XY SQSA. On the one hand this question is technically tailored toward the Wifi metagame, but on the other hand the Battle Spot board does NOT have SQSA yet, and Casual XY SQSA seems to be more for gameplay questions rather than the battling metagame.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)