Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toxic or Whirlwind/Roar, probably. Toxic will either kill it with increasing damage if it tries to stay in, or force it to switch out to reset the Toxic damage and lose its stat increases. Either works. Whirlwind/Roar is a more direct way of eliminating those stat increases.
Those types of Sigilyph will be running Magic Guard, so it will be immune to residual damage. But Whirlwind/Roar is your best bet, Meta651.

In addition, you can switch in a bulky Dark type (hello Tyranitar) and smash it before it gets too many boosts up. This one doesn't run the Flame Orb Psycho Shift, so your T-tar isn't afraid. Sigilyph will take some boosting before it really gets going.

Forgot about that. Dragon Tail and Circle Throw would also work. Best bet would be switching in with a Dark type with a phazing move, forcing him to Miracle Eye, giving you that turn you need to force it out.

Frost Breath and Chip Away will smash right through their defence boosts if you decide to use those moves, as will the ability Unaware.

Is Prankster Liepard's best set an offensive set? What's a good nature, movepool and EV spread for it?

-_- I've posted this three times now without a response.

Is Prankster Liepard's best set an offensive set? What's a good nature, movepool and EV spread for it?
-_- I've posted this three times now without a response.
Should check the B/W writeups still hosted on Smogon for some starters. I know that Gen 6 changed a lot, but very little of it affected Liepard: the only set it can really run is a support moveset for Prankster or an offensive SwagPard foul play set.

The BW writeups suggest Timid, 144 HP / 56 Def / 60 SpD / 248 Spe, Swagger+Twave/Encore+Foul Play+Substitute, and that sounds more or less accurate to me, though I'm not 100% positive what threats that EV spread is meant to protect against.

I don't know what the weird defenses/HP stuff are about; I'd guess it's a min-max thing for the EVs that can't go anywhere else because they aren't useful in the Attack stats because it only uses Foul Play. It cites the Speed as outspeeding neutral base 120s.

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Forum Moderator
Just getting into breeding, I'm wondering what's the best set for talonflame right now? I kind of like bulk up but the analysis in progress has no attack ev's. Maybe SD?

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just getting into breeding, I'm wondering what's the best set for talonflame right now? I kind of like bulk up but the analysis in progress has no attack ev's. Maybe SD?
Although I was originally against the usage of Choice Band Talonflame, one cannot argue that being able to hit extremely hard and fast right off the bat is really cool. Not to mention U-turn support is always a good thing to have on a Talonflame, and can actually hit Tyranitar for good damage on the switch. I personally like to run Toxic in the last moveslot to hit Rotom-W on the switch, but this isn't as effective in Pre-Bank simply because most Rotom-W carry Rest. Regardless, I like the Choice Band set atm.

I don't know what the weird defenses/HP stuff are about; I'd guess it's a min-max thing for the EVs that can't go anywhere else because they aren't useful in the Attack stats because it only uses Foul Play. It cites the Speed as outspeeding neutral base 120s.
Thanks for clarifying that. I didn't actually read the entire writeup, just the moveset to give the guy some form of point in the right direction, but full or near-full Speed investment and full defensive investment sounded about right. My gut just assumed 252hp/252spd/4def or spdef, since I'm not quite serious enough or helpful enough to analyze Liepard's primary threats in a tier and tailor an EV spread to avoid a 1HKO/2HKO from those threats.

question: smogon says that cherrim only powers up itself, while bulbapedia says it powers up the entire team. which one is correct??

also does heat rock raise drought to 8 turns now that it is not unlimited?

Sicne all HP is 60 this gen, if I wanted ice, i could go 31/31/31/even/31/31 and it would work, right? And how do I breed ice into a modest rotom without screwing up its offensive capabilities?

So on my 182nd egg of using the Masuda Method I finally came across my long-wanted shiny honedge. It is a female, and is mild-natured. I would like to know how exactly I should EV train it, as in what number of EV's I should put in each stat. This is a very valuable pokemon to me and I would love to make it an absolute shiny power-house.

For reference:
LVL - 1
HP - 12
Att - 6
Def - 6
Sp. Att - 5
Sp. Def - 5
Spe - 5
Ability - No Guard

I do plan to evolve it into aegislash later on, and would also like to know of a good moveset and item to go along with its EV trained stats.
Current moveset:
-Tackle
-Swords Dance
-Shadow Sneak

Last edited:
I have spitback (4V-5V) Timid Natural Cure Roselias with Giga Drain, Leaf Storm, Sleep Powder, and Natural Gift Egg Moves. In Luxury Balls.
I also have flawless, offer if interested.

So on my 182nd egg of using the Masuda Method I finally came across my long-wanted shiny honedge. It is a female, and is mild-natured. I would like to know how exactly I should EV train it, as in what number of EV's I should put in each stat. This is a very valuable pokemon to me and I would love to make it an absolute shiny power-house.

For reference:
LVL - 1
HP - 12
Att - 6
Def - 6
Sp. Att - 5
Sp. Def - 5
Spe - 5
Ability - No Guard

I do plan to evolve it into aegislash later on, and would also like to know of a good moveset and item to go along with its EV trained stats.
Current moveset:
-Tackle
-Swords Dance
-Shadow Sneak
Well you definitely want a Brave nature instead, but it's a shiny so keep it for the novelty at the very least.

You want:

Aegislash with Leftovers, Brave Nature, 252 HP 252 Atk 4 Defense, with the moves:
- Swords Dance
- Kings Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Good luck.

Well you definitely want a Brave nature instead, but it's a shiny so keep it for the novelty at the very least.

You want:

Aegislash with Leftovers, Brave Nature, 252 HP 252 Atk 4 Defense, with the moves:
- Swords Dance
- Kings Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Good luck.
Thank you for the moveset and item, I'm definitely going to keep it because it looks so nice (and just because its a shiny). Would you recommend I just use that EV spread for it?

I've bred two flawless Donphans for the fun of it. I plan to use them in-game for fun (Battle Maison and whatnot) and to battle friends.
Their abilities are Sturdy and Sand Veil. Both Adamant, 252HP, 252Atk.

I want to make their movesets a bit different for fun, perhaps to compliment their abilities. I have bred Ice Shard onto them both. Any suggestions for unique and effective in-game/fun movesets for both? They currently both run Earthquake, Stone Edge, Ice Shard, and Assurance.

For reference:
LVL - 1
HP - 12
Att - 6
Def - 6
Sp. Att - 5
Sp. Def - 5
Spe - 5
Ability - No Guard

Current moveset:
-Tackle
-Swords Dance
-Shadow Sneak
the ivs suck but here you go. Mild does +spa -def but the recommended nature is +spa -spe (quiet) so it doesn't matter too much
move 1: King's Shield
move 2: Shadow Ball
move 3: Shadow Sneak
move 4: Iron Head
ability: Stance Change
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA

Looking for 31/31/31/x/31/31 Adamant DW Fletchlings and 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid DW Froakies. I have a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Adamant SS Magikarp on 6th Gen and then anything in my sig can be traded through 4th and 5th Gen

Where do I find expert belt?
Head east from the Route 13 exit to find an office building. Ride the elevator to the third floor and speak to the girl near the bookshelf to receive this.

Can you use Thief with a mega to get an additional item while you're mega evolved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)