Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the advantages of running Azelf over Terrakion as (SR + Taunt + Sash) suicide lead, anyways? I could probably see that Terrakion is slightly superior, but I'd like to know what Azelf can do that Terrakion can't when it comes to the suicide lead role.

Miridy

♩_♩
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
What are the advantages of running Azelf over Terrakion as (SR + Taunt + Sash) suicide lead, anyways? I could probably see that Terrakion is slightly superior, but I'd like to know what Azelf can do that Terrakion can't when it comes to the suicide lead role.
Faster, and has explosion, some might also opt for u-turn

Azelf's Taunt oupaces every non-Prankster lead outside of non-Mega Aerodactyl. It also gets Knock Off and U-Turn giving it a decent amount of utility, although it doesn't have Terrakion level power. Also, it can run a Dual Screens+Explosion set that can quickly give you the upper hand. It's also got some more options like Magic Coat, Thunderbolt and Fire Blast. It does the pure lead job better than almost anything.

What is the most optimal moveset and ev spread for defensive Empoleon right now?
im pretty sure its just 252/252 hp/spdef with a calm nature
as for moveset, i think its scald/ defog/ stealth rocks/ (roar or ice beam)

Napoleon Empoleon @ leftovers
Ability: Turrent
Evs: 252 Hp, 4 Def, 252 Spd
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam/Roar
- Defog
- Stealth Rock

im pretty sure its just 252/252 hp/spdef with a calm nature
as for moveset, i think its scald/ defog/ stealth rocks/ (roar or ice beam)

Napoleon Empoleon @ leftovers
Ability: Turrent
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam/Roar
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
Empoleon @ leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roar / Protect
- Stealth Rock / Defog

Toxic puts a timer on the opponent, Scald is STAB/spammable, Roar gets rid of CM Clefable, Protect heals w/ lefties, Stealth Rock or Defog as needed by team. Don't do both at once.

Empoleon @ leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roar / Protect
- Stealth Rock / Defog

Toxic puts a timer on the opponent, Scald is STAB/spammable, Roar gets rid of CM Clefable, Protect heals w/ lefties, Stealth Rock or Defog as needed by team. Don't do both at once.
I totally forgot toxic... And i just assumed they ran both hazard and anti hazard :^)

Is Spikes Greninja used that often competitively? Spikes is used only 25% of the time on the 1825 stats from last month, but I've never seen it on aim or chimpact's videos.

What's the best spread for Chansey now? I thought I saw a post of 172 HP / 252 Def / 84 SpD Calm, but I can't seem to find it again
252 Def/252 SDef with a bold nature is what I have been seeing. I think that's more for balance and semi stall teams instead of pure stall teams. That spread makes Chansey a Wish passing pivot. It also maximizes the Eviolite boost and gives you more special bulk at the expense of some physical bulk.

I was scrolling through the pokemon on the PS! Teambuilder, and for some reason it listed Venomoth as BL.
First of all, iirc bl is for mons that are banned from UU but don't flourish in the OU meta, which means for some reason Venomoth was thought to be good in ou. Can someone pls explain why? Does it have some kind of niche or gimmick?

Secondly, I know that PS! uses usage for a lot of the tiering, so there is a chance that Venomoth is only in there because of that. If so, that would still mean that there are a significant amount of people using it, so again, can someone tell me why? Is there anything at all that makes it stand out?

I was scrolling through the pokemon on the PS! Teambuilder, and for some reason it listed Venomoth as BL.
First of all, iirc bl is for mons that are banned from UU but don't flourish in the OU meta, which means for some reason Venomoth was thought to be good in ou. Can someone pls explain why? Does it have some kind of niche or gimmick?

Secondly, I know that PS! uses usage for a lot of the tiering, so there is a chance that Venomoth is only in there because of that. If so, that would still mean that there are a significant amount of people using it, so again, can someone tell me why? Is there anything at all that makes it stand out?
BL is not bassed on usage, its just banned from the UU meta, but does not have enough usage to be OU, it has a niche in quiverpass, better bulk, typing, speed and ability than smeagle to back it up.

Veno @ Black slugde
Timid narure
evs: 252 hp 252 spe
Magic Skin
quiver dance
baton pass
sleep powder
bug buzz

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Venomoth was banned from UU bascally for a combination of Quiver Dance, Baton Pass, Wonder Skin (which could make phazing/status fail) and Sleep Power.

A more in depth explanation can be found here : http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...m-info-bl-retest-record.3502698/#post-5637564

I was wondering why Teleport doesnt work as it should in Showdown? I added it onto my team's Gallade as I figured it might be useful someday as its Scarf and couldnt think of a better move at the time. Used it in the first battle when I predicted a switch (which did happen) and it failed o.o

http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-xy/teleport.shtml

According to this it does in fact allow you to switch Pokemon in Battle. It isnt just for Wild Pokemon. Even saw a video of it earlier of a 6v6 in BattleSpot which it was able to be used like U-turn except dealing no damage. Is it supposed to be like that or is it something that needs to be fixed?

I was wondering why Teleport doesnt work as it should in Showdown? I added it onto my team's Gallade as I figured it might be useful someday as its Scarf and couldnt think of a better move at the time. Used it in the first battle when I predicted a switch (which did happen) and it failed o.o

According to this it does in fact allow you to switch Pokemon in Battle. It isnt just for Wild Pokemon. Even saw a video of it earlier of a 6v6 in BattleSpot which it was able to be used like U-turn except dealing no damage. Is it supposed to be like that or is it something that needs to be fixed?
Actually, it seems that Serebii got it wrong. Not only does Bulbepedia mention nothing of the sort, (source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Teleport) but I have tried it in game, and it does not work like that. (Although it should.)

On PS, Teleport really does nothing. As far as I know, it's useless, and it does not work like that. I have tried in in X/Y and it just haves you flee the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)