1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Organizing Movepool

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by sandstreamftw, Dec 25, 2011.

1. sandstreamftw

sandstreamftw

In the pokemon sets where it shows us all the moves a pokemon can learn it should have the moves seperated depending on how the pokemon learns them their should be a section for the moves learned through tm breeding event tutor etc
  2. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

It's alphabetical, and honestly I dont see a reason to change it.
  3. NixHex

NixHex musty_yugoslavian_teacher
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

That's not what he means, ladymence. He means having the move pools split into categories so you can make an educated decision on what moves are legal together. I was actually thinking about this the other day, but I'm assuming it would take quite a bit of work. It's a good suggestion but I don't know if it's a feasible one right now. For now just use veekun since it has the complete movepools of every Pokemon. http://veekun.com
  4. Cherub Agent

Cherub Agent how lonely is the night without the howl of the wolf
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Serebii seperates all the moves too. You could just copy paste lol
  5. Darkaxis

Darkaxis

Who

I would do it with some help for like 5 other persons
  6. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Nope, that's not how the pages are built... they're built from a database, I'm almost positive. The page template would have to be rewritten and the information added to the database.
  7. GAK

GAK

Too much to do considering two other sites (and maybe more) already have this set up and it's not hard to go check those sites for specific information. Smogon has a lot more on it's plate anyways and I'd much rather see more done with new sets, articles, etc. instead of just doing what has been done before.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)