Tournament Other Metagames Premier League IV - Finals [Won by The Bidoofs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks to Arhops for the banner!

FINALS

<<OMPL GENERAL>>

How this works
Each team will have have 6 players to fill the 6 slots and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 80 credits that managers receive during the auction. The roster this season include: Almost Any Ability, Anything Goes, Balanced Hackmons, Monotype, STABmons and Tier Shift. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 4 of the 6 matches that their players have to play.

Beating another team gives you 2 points, drawing the match gives you 1 point, and losing it gives you nothing. In addition, the manner in which you win will also be stored; that is, how many you won vs how many you lost. The two teams with the highest points at the end of week 5 will play in the finals.

Tie Breaker
In case of a tie at the end of week 5, a best of 3 game will be played between the teams that are tied. The 3 OMs played will include Anything Goes* and a unique OM other than AG picked by the manager of each team. If there are more than 2 teams tied, the win/loss difference will be used to identify the two teams that will play the tiebreaker to get the second slot in finals.

* Anything Goes was chosen as a default in tiebreakers because it has the most ladder activity. (Anything Goes= 646417, Monotype= 251045, Balanced Hackmons= 80147)

Leaderboard:
[Key: Name - Points | Total Win/Loss difference]
  1. The Legendary Pikachus - 9 | +8
  2. The Five-Bidoof Fighting Battlion - 7 | +4
  3. The Bedroom Blisseys - 6 | +4
  4. The King Kois - 4 | -4
  5. The Majestic Mantykes - 3 | -4
  6. The Beta Bagons - 1 | -8

Week info
Just schedule and finish the matches asap, no deadline this time. All matches should ideally be done on your PS main account* to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread when confirming the win. The replays will be archived in the OMPL General Thread linked above.

*The main account is the one you signed up with in the signup thread.

Substitutions
If Managers wish to substitute a player, they must make a post here tagging both the player they're subbing in and the player being subbed out, both managers from the opposing team, the substitute's opponent and lastly, me.

Tagging managers to notify them: Ransei Pikachuun Uselesscrab Zangooser

Last edited:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
At last, the 5 weeks have ended. The reign of Blisseys has ended as well and this was an achievement for all the other OMPL teams.

Today is the time to prove ourselves, to prove ourselves worthy of who we are

WE ARE THE LEGENDARY PIKACHUS, AND WE WILL WIN THIS!!!
WE HAVE CONQUERED THE MINDS OF PLAYERS THROUGH OMS!
WE HAVE CONQUERED THE LEADERBOARDS THROUGH THIS CHALLENGE!
WE HAVE DEFEATED THE UNDEFEATED BEDROOM BLISSEYS!
NOW IT'S TIME TO START A NEW ERA!

WE CAN DO THIS!

WE PIKACHUS WILL CREATE HISTORY!

ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!

FOR OTHER METAS!

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Almost Any Ability: Jordn VS LaxLapras
Anything Goes:
DontStealMyPenguin VS thelinearcurve
Balanced Hackmons: Kl4ng
VS Lcass4919
Monotype: 1 True Lycan VS terrors
STABmons: ellipse VS Official Fissure
Tier Shift: Knight of Cydonia VS Dr. Phd. BJ

Tie breaker win is obviously going to happen

The Five-Bidoof Fighting Battalion
VS The Legendary Pikachus
[3 - 3], Tiebreaker to Pikachus

Almost Any Ability:
Jordn VS LaxLapras - good match w/ two similar-in-skill players, edge to lapras because he beat me.
Anything Goes: DontStealMyPenguin VS thelinearcurve - I think both are undefeated, but curve was around S rank on the AG draft viability rankings or something so I'll bet on him.
Balanced Hackmons: Kl4ng VS Lcass4919 - coinflipped
Monotype: 1 True Lycan VS terrors - idk either of these players but 1 true lycan sounds like an anime reference and if you make anime references you're apparently supposed to be good at pokemon
STABmons: ellipse VS Official Fissure - while ellipse is great, sometimes nothing is enough to beat memes.
Tier Shift: Knight of Cydonia VS Dr. Phd. BJ - KoC is the bedroom blissey legend, if BJ wants to win he has to bring that tangela/registeel stall team or else he stands no chance.

I don't really think I can make any post that really compares to Ransei's, but yeah go Bidoofs. I certainly didn't expect us to make it this far after getting one point through the first two weeks. We tied the Pikachus then (albeit against a rather peculiar lineup) and have significantly improved since. We can pull it off!

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Almost Any Ability: Jordn VS LaxLapras - outright better
Anything Goes: DontStealMyPenguin VS thelinearcurve - outright better
Balanced Hackmons: Kl4ng VS Lcass4919 - should be close
Monotype: 1 True Lycan VS terrors - lol mono
STABmons: ellipse VS Official Fissure - fissure isnt even that good l0l
Tier Shift: Knight of Cydonia VS Dr. Phd. BJ - keck

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Almost Any Ability: Jordn VS LaxLapras - I'm sure LaxLapras is gonna bring something special for finals and just blow everyone away
Anything Goes: DontStealMyPenguin VS thelinearcurve - curve is a god
Balanced Hackmons: Kl4ng VS Lcass4919 - Very good matchup but I gotta go with mah boi lcass
Monotype: 1 True Lycan VS terrors - /pick chose terrors 3/3 times :J
STABmons: ellipse VS Official Fissure - ellipse is a god
Tier Shift: Knight of Cydonia VS Dr. Phd. BJ - KoC will bounce back

Pikas take it 4-2 imo, but there are gonna be some really great matches, looking forward to a fun final!

p2

Banned deucer.
Anything Goes: DontStealMyPenguin VS thelinearcurve
Balanced Hackmons: Kl4ng VS Lcass4919

go team

Anything Goes: DontStealMyPenguin VS thelinearcurve
Balanced Hackmons: Kl4ng VS Lcass4919

EV

Banned deucer.
Ellipse will bring hyperoverdrive offense. You can't beat that with memes (or Magmortar).

Reactions: Mq

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
Jrdn and I will be playing on official server in about an hour or two. Will update post with results

Update: Got the win, the pokegods were on my side, sorry bud. AAA Shouldn't end in any other way than Snorlax being broken lmao. Great game! http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-408307320

Fuck you Klang for building a team with Snorlax, Suicune, and Skarmory

Ayyy undefeated tho, nb for first ompl

Edit: we might have played a second time for fun, and he might of used a different team that was the ultimate CT, and he might have 6-0d me, but that doesn't matter

Last edited:
Game came down to him hitting 2 hydros and avoiding a flinch to win. A few people have tried to work it out and have said it was a 50/50, I cba to check myself lol. Either way, I could have played this game better and I'm just gonna go ahead and blame rust since I hadn't played in a few days lol.

Anways, with those excuses out of the way, heres the replay. gg terrors and sorry for the flinch.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-408727299

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)