Other OU CCAT - Team Complete (Revisions and Edits Stage)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I got a few games with this team and here are some quick observations:

- The team is weak to bird spam (Talonflame, Pinsir <<) and outside of Landorus-T, nothing takes a hit.

- The team is weak to Scizor. Literally nothing stops Scizor except Clefable's Flamethrower.

- The team is weak to SD SDef Gliscor. Not much too say. Gliscor 6-0's kinda.

Below are some replays. They aren't the best but they're just to show the team in action.

So I think we should discuss how to deal with the above issues as well as any other things that could better the team.

Will ladder more and bring more suitable replays here. P.S. Isn't Im Out Here an awesome alt name?

- The team is weak to bird spam (Talonflame, Pinsir <<) and outside of Landorus-T, nothing takes a hit.

- The team is weak to Scizor. Literally nothing stops Scizor except Clefable's Flamethrower.

Below are some replays. They aren't the best but they're just to show the team in action.

So I think we should discuss how to deal with the above issues as well as any other things that could better the team.

Will ladder more and bring more suitable replays here. P.S. Isn't Im Out Here an awesome alt name?
Looking at those ladder battles, I gather two things:
1. You are a hax lord :P (okay maybe not as much as boltsandbombers, but still)
1. Scizor is paralyzed! It can't move! <-- Para's on a crucial +6 BP on Clefable
2. The opposing Slowking used Scald! A critical hit! Pinsir lost 67.9% of its health! Pinsir was burned!

2. You're definitely correct, its certainly weak to the threats mentioned above.

I'll also ladder with the team, and see what I can gather.
And yes, I'm Out Here is a great name, however, in my opinion, it is not as good as Utterly Stupid Hax.

EDIT: Played a few games on the suspect ladder, and I will outline my initial thoughts on the team. Firstly, the team is extremely fun to use. Underrated mons really shine in this team.
Onto the important stuff. We are quite weak to a couple of things that Rotom-W could fix, such as BirdSpam, Steels in general, more specifically, we're lacking switch-ins to Bisharp and Scizor. Additionally, we're also weak to rain, as we really have nothing that wants to come in on Mega Pert in the rain. Will update thoughts later, when I get more time to ladder.

Last edited:

Maybe using foul play over play rough on klefki will help? It prevents talon and zor from setting up in it. And play rough doesn't really hit that much. although that makes sub-cm keldeo more annoying but you win some you lose some I guess

sigh. played a couple games on the suspect ladder; rip gxe.

game one: i'm decimating a stall team with dragalge... then i get 6-0d by SD gliscor.

game two: i'm hazard stacking & severely wearing down a balanced team... then i get swept by unaware clefable.

a decent match which i almost managed to pull out of my ass: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-210339620 // came down to a speed-tie. i accidentally had play rough / knock off / superpower on m-absol, but it worked out just as well since i wouldn't have been able to break bisharp + keldeo without both coverage moves. probably if i'd sacked key over losing fable i could have broken through.

it aint easy to use. play rough vs. superpower on absol & play rough vs. foul play on klefki feel like double-edged swords either way. overall i feel most prepared with play rough absol and foul play keys. maybe even run 4 attacks on absol since he's comically frail and sets up on nothing. the team isn't unusable by any means, but you have to play keeping in mind you have no hazard removal, no scarf pokemon / nothing faster than base 115 speed (assuming a successful mega-evo), and that you actually don't want dragalge taking too many hits since it's probably your most important pokemon.

in any case i want to say great job boltsandbombers for keeping this thread active & updated. i was only really involved in the first week but usually threads like this one drag on and die out, while this one was constantly progressing. sooo you're a rock star.

EDIT:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-210360966 - fuck geopass so hard

Last edited:
Sorry to bump this, but I was just wondering if we could begin a round 2 of this? It was really fun building this team as a community, and even though it didn't turn out to be really amazing or really bad, I feel that if we give this another try, we can improve our teambuilding skills, and as I said before, it was pretty fun discussing, nominating mons for the teamp, and building it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)