Other OU Laddering Achievements: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OU Laddering Achievements (thanks TheBurgerKing99 )

Welcome to the new OU Laddering Achievements thread. Since the OP of the old thread isn't active anymore, I asked permission to repost this thread, and he agreed. I will be updating the OP as often as possible. Note that I'm still updating the list with the achievers of the old thread (WIP).

Have you ever been bored laddering? Have you ever found the system somewhat devoid of features? If so, this is for you. The idea behind this is to spice up the ladder by adding specific goals to watch for when laddering. Some of them will be obscure, some common, and some will be difficult, others easy. To get your name put under the achieve, you MUST provide proof of you performing it beyond just saying so (If you use witnesses, provide at least 2). And now the achievements:

Where'd he go???
Win a battle while only starting with 5 Pokemon.

I'm too strong
Get a Rapid Spin kill.

Starting off
Win five battles on one alt.

A little better
Win ten battles on one alt.

Bronze God
Get every bronze achievement .

Underachiever
Win an OU battle with just UU (beta) Pokemon

Master Thief
Remove all of the opposing Pokemon's held items (except mega's), through Knock Off, Thief, Trick, or any other method.

Coming along
Win thirty battles on one alt.

Middle of the Road
Win a battle with 6 middle stage evolution pokemon.

Turkey
Win three battles with no losses (must use a clean alt).

Silver God
Get every silver achievement and Bronze God.

The Very Best
Reach number one on the ladder.

Close call
Win a battle with only one Pokemon alive, and that Pokemon has only one hp left.

H4x0r
Prevent an opposing Pokemon from moving even once through flinch. (Fake Out doesn't count)

Monotype Master
Win a match with a Monotype team for every type.

Spam for the win
Win a match by only using a single move, forfeits don't count.

Greed is good
Get a Pokemon to +6 in all stats, excluding evasion.

One man band
Win a battle using just one pokemon.

Funbro Would be Proud
Compete in a battle which lasts over 1000 turns.

Vundabar
Win 30 battles with no losses.

Now you're getting somewhere
Win 100 battles on one alt.

Leet
Get a rating of 1337 or above.

As good as the devil
Get a rating of 1666 or higher.

Stall is NOT dead
Get all hazards up, and manage to keep them up the whole game.

Passive Aggressive
Win a battle using only passive damage.

Golden God
Get every other normal achievement

Glitcher
Discover a new glitch on Pokemon Showdown.

Ultimate Battler
Win 5000 battles on one alt.

Insanity
Get a rating of over 2000.

Making a Splash
Sweep an opponent (must kill all six of their Pokemon) with magikarp.

Perfect
Win 100 battles with no losses.

Blitzkrieg
Win five battles within 30 seconds of each other. Tip: You can battle more than one person at once.

Oh come on...
Win 1000 battles on one alt.

Platinum God
Get every bonus achievement and Golden God.

Now, get out there and start achieving. Note: Anyone can add achievements, just post your idea in the thread.

Last edited:

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Got a few achievement ideas:
Master Thief
Remove all of the opposing Pokemon's held items, through Knock Off, Thief, Trick, or any other method.

Ultimate Pivot
Win a battle only using the moves Volt Switch and U-Turn.

Monotype Master
Win a Monotype match with all 18 types.

Perseverance
KO a Pokemon with Struggle.

Passive Agressive
Win a battle using only status moves.

Expert Dodger
Switch 200 times in one battle.

Funbro Would be Proud
Compete in a battle which lasts over 1000 turns.

Cursed With Hax
Miss a move with over 75% accuracy 10 times in a row.

Spam to Win
Win a match using only a single move multiple times.

Thoughts?

clones are superior : win a match using only Pokemon that get imposter and transform. You may use more than one of each

untouchable: minimize at least 5 stats on one pokemon in one game, bonus points for minimizing all of them

I'm already strong enough: beat an already mega-d Pokemon with the un mega-d Pokemon (ex: beat mega scizor with regular scizor) however it must be one on one with only minimal support

I have some ideas:
Don't Call It a Comeback: Win by having your last Pokemon knock out 3 or more opponents.
Six Pack: Get six KO's with a single Pokemon in one match.
Death Orb: Force an opponent's Pokemon to knock itself out with Life Orb recoil.
Slow and Steady: Win with a team of all Pokemon having 50 base speed or less. Hard mode: do it without Trick Room.
G-force: Win a battle while utilizing Gravity.
Epidemic: Inflict each of your opponent's Pokemon with a major status problem (burn, poison, sleep, freeze, paralysis).
OHKO Clause, Part 2: Win a battle where each of your Pokemon has either a Focus Sash or Sturdy.
Evasion Clause, Please: Max out evasion. (hint: use Acupressure)

Are you planning on updating all the people who completed achievements in the first thread? It wouldn't be that hard, since a lot of them are already listed.

Are you planning on updating all the people who completed achievements in the first thread? It wouldn't be that hard, since a lot of them are already listed.
Read the OP. It's too much work to go through over 10 pages to update the list. Especially because some people said they were listed wrong in the OP of the original thread, so I can't even trust that.

Read the OP. It's too much work to go through over 10 pages to update the list. Especially because some people said they were listed wrong in the OP of the original thread, so I can't even trust that.
...Is it really that much work though? I mean, if you trust me enough, I could go through the pages and see who completed what. I honestly feel like it wouldn't be all that big of a workload.

Here is an idea I had back in the old thread.

Rarearchiever:
Win an OU battle using only BW RU Pokemon. Player can't use Clefable, Crawdaunt, Entei, Tangrowth, Whimsicott, Aerodactyl, Absol, Manectric or Aggron. (If there's any other Pokemon along the lines of these that I forgot, let me know)

Neverachiever:
Win an OU battle using only BW NU Pokemon. Player can't use Exploud, Gardevoir, Charizard, Mawile, Pinsir, Banette, Granbull, Ampharos, Mandibuzz or Scolipede. (See the note for the Rareachiever achievement, it applies here too)

I really wanted to include Smeargle, Galvantula and Ditto to the banlist of Rareachiever and Neverachiever, respectively, but ehh..........................

clones are superior : win a match using only Pokemon that get imposter and transform. You may use more than one of each

untouchable: minimize at least 5 stats on one pokemon in one game, bonus points for minimizing all of them

I'm already strong enough: beat an already mega-d Pokemon with the un mega-d Pokemon (ex: beat mega scizor with regular scizor) however it must be one on one with only minimal support
i'm fairly certain the first one is impossible with species clause as only ditto, mew, and smeargle can transform. unless you do this hackmons but since this is OU i'd say just dont' do it as it's impossible

Why are there achievements for ranks and wins? imo, it's a waste of time because they're not really "achievements" because either anyone can do it in a relatively amount of time, especially something like "Starting Off", or the things like "Insanity" or "Top of the Ladder" which only an extremely skilled player could achieve and probably wouldn't waste their time posting here. We should focus on actual "achievements" that focus on using unusual teams or strategies.

Okay, I'll update the achievers of the previous thread. It's probably going to take a while, though.

Last edited:

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I had one in the other thread that I can't find, so I'll repost it here:

Nurse Joy (Gold/Platinum)
Win a battle with all six of your party members at full health.

Assisting
Use a team of all Pokemon leading to Assist Pokemon, however, the only Assist user you can use is Liepard, as the other ones are too good, yes, Spinda and Infernape lol. Oh, yeah, let's make it more interesting. All Pokemon on your team bar Liepard must be killed, then you have to sweep the rest of the opponent's team with Liepard. Have fun(:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)