OU Mini-Tournament #4 [Won by Lavos Spawn!]

Lavos

Banned deucer.
he said he'd show up, you all saw. well, i was idling on the server we agreed upon for 7 hours straight, and he never showed. i could make a long activity post, but that's not my style. just stating the facts. it's joeyboy's call.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
are you going to keep making ludicrous activity posts, or are you going to battle? i've been here all day. your move...

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
What are you trying to prove ? Are you not even able to understand your own claims ?

We settled a meeting for the 2nd 8AM and you come here to say that you spent the day before the meeting waiting on a server. I mean, cool story bro, but I don't really give flying duck to be honest.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
when i said "tomorrow" it was still thursday. i already made timezone differences clear, stop making excuses. i've waited all day and now i've got a party to attend, so i'm heading out. you had your chance. have a nice day.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yes the time zones have been cleared so you should have knew that tommorow is the 2nd in neutral GMT and in my time zone.
So I'm gonna be waiting your at the time we settled.
See you.

Congratulations, you were both connected on different servers. Too bad that Lavos did not bother to check the server he was pm'd about (or just VMed) in case of a misunderstanding when he was so eager to get the battle done :evan:

Reymedy

ne craint personne

As you see, it's just dreadful to get it done when the guy is avoiding you on purpose. I tried two times to get it done when he was connected today, it was just impossible.
It's seriously lame for me to have to check each hour if you're connected, and I guess it's boring for you too to disconnect as soon as I VM you.

So I give up, if you want to give to this kid the activity Joey, go ahead. I'm done.

This is beyond my expectations of what could be a ridiculous situation, being trolled for a fun Mini OU tournament on pokemon by someone avoiding you and saying that you're the one avoiding him.. Seriously I lost my time. I wanted to play against a known and good player, I fought a tenacious john in an activity war instead.

PS : I must admit the timezone trick was nice though. I learned some new shit.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pretty disappointed this match didn't get done :( gave you guys loads of extra time.

I just did a best 2 out of 3 coin flips and Lavos won it, so Lavos' will move on.

Theres been a lot of he said he said involving activity but I've known both of you to always have good activity, plus I don't care for drama. I felt the coin flip was the most unbiased way to do this.

On phone will update OP later~

Lavos

Banned deucer.
i won 3-0. he missed a hydro pump at a pretty crucial time that would have made things very close. gg and thanks for being cool about the miss, really wish it hadn't happened so we could all see how it would have played out...

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations Lavos! You're now the proud owner of the OU Tiara!

So what'd you guys think of the ubers who were brought down? Too good? Or were you able to properly handle them? Would love to get everyones feedback because I actually didn't get many logs/replays.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
the ubers that were brought down definitely were better than most ou pokemon, but i wouldn't call any one of them "broken". i only used excadrill the whole time, and while it's certainly a powerful and threatening sweeper, i think every single opponent i faced had either a techniloom, hippowdon, landorus-t, or some combination of those three to deal with exca pretty handily. thought about pairing it with gothitelle, but there was never any room. also i know there was a ton of hype about iron head, but i didn't find it super useful. steel is a crappy offensive type. as for thundurus, which i faced once (finals), it's really not nearly as scary as it used to be, what with the extremely fast-paced metagame of today's bw2 ou. scarfed revenge killers are everywhere, and all are strong enough to remove thundy from play permanently, so sweeping is tough to do. leftiez used a utility attacker set with thunder, hp ice, focus blast, and twave, which i thought was interesting because it really fit in with the rest of his team, which were mostly slow, bulky boosting sweepers. last but not least, blaziken is the one i feel is the only potential pokemon in this trio that's still justified being uber. speed boost racks up really quick, and with all the choiced mons in this metagame it's really easy to set up a swords dance on something like hp ice-locked keldeo and pull off an easy sweep due to hi jump kick's absurd power level. and once it's at +2 basically nothing revenge kills it, plus it's not even weak to any common priority attacks (aqua jet doesn't count as common in my book). if i were solely in charge of the ou tier right now, i'd say test unban excadrill and thundurus.

AND I FORGOT THE LOG AGAIN

edit: my name isn't john :pirate:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)