Other OU Player of the Week #1: aim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you believe that Baton Pass-oriented teams were nerfed to the point that they are no longer a problem?

By "Baton Pass-oriented teams", I strictly mean GeoPass, the playstyle dEnIsSsS popularized.

Alot of players deem it to be extremely uncompetitive, including myself, and would like to know your stance on the matter

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-172057846 : I would have done the same thing in that matchup man :[[[[

tell everyone about the best purplesurge clan that you happened to be in alongside legendary battlers of the day back in 2010, including the big 3 of crackerofcheese, roscoe1337, and blazinkickinchicken

also remember that game where metabeast tried to gliscor pass against alex but got frozen LOL

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
hey aim bud any recommendations for an aspiring PokeTuber? :) (O I guess u already answered that but the rest is relevant stuff yo :])

Also cos I changed laptops I need that camtasia link u set me before again or at least tell me how to find it ;~; thanks bud ^.^ It's always really fun to play you especially when I'm feeling more alert, you just create such a good atmosphere in the battle.. I swear, you're not someone who anyone can beat when playing lazily (or at least do it at all consistently) and I think you're doing great work as a Youtuber and are a great battler ^-^ must admit teambuilding's more my groove than battling, so if we ever coincide with you playing a tier and me playing it competently (I guess I'm ok at ubers but I quit like 2 days ago and that decision's not changing.. so who knows when it might be) then I'll set you a team or two here and there I hope ^^

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I have a few questions regarding Mega Evolution.
1. Which Mega Evolution is hyping you up the most to use either competitively or in-game?
2. What's your favorite Mega design-wise, what's your least favorite?
3. Which Mega has been your favorite to use?
1. steelix. it looks soooooooooooo COOOOOOOOL lol that's legit the only reason as to why i will use it.
2. Favorite has to be steelix LOL my least favorite? mega audino lol
3. definitely mega mom (kanga) i love kanga in vgc as well as singles and it just is a reliable mon haha

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Have you ever been interested in mentoring anyone, or are you teaching anyone right now?
Btw, thanks for uploading all the great vids, I'm always happy to see a new vid when I get home :]
i have but honestly i feel i am not much of a teacher though my aim (lol) in my vids is to teach. Time is not always like with me. I really do appreciate the kind words man

aim

pokeaimMD
What are your goals regarding the competitive scene?

Is/are there a game(s) you're particulary proud of winning and if so, which one and why?

Also, who are some players you think have a lot of potential yet are underrated atm?

You own :]
Competitive wise? i'd love to be on the winning team for wc/spl haha and i'd love to be able to help bring my team there and just to have fun while doing it. I guess above all else though i hope that one day (talking about the "competitive scene" on youtube) I can help a lot of people get better and maybe inspire a new generation of powerful youtubers haha.

Hm, proud of winning? maybe my ost round 1 games vs bkc. There was a hell of a lot of hax but i think it is the best battle(s) on my channel by far. It was my first ever ost as well. I hope though as i continue involving myself with smogon that I get to play great players in high pressure situations such as yourself bloo hugo mdragon etc and come out victorious :J

Potential. I'd say blunder definitely. I consider him a mini me on youtube and in battling. that was no way meant to put him down though. i respect him a lot. same with chimpact. chimpact is a threat just lurking...

thanks fren :]

aim

pokeaimMD
1. Who is ur favorite for Grand Slam and why?
2. How do u think the meta will change with ORAS? Which Pokemon will dominate it?
3. What Pokemon is ur favorite in the current meta? What popular Pokemon dont u like really and why?

Grats to mod btw and thank u for ur answers :]
if not me hugo. honestly i love that slam is like a bunch of friends. i'd be happy if any of us win. cept the one who isnt a fren :J

I see the meta as getting more offensively based. this is not only for ou but also ubrs. mega mence will decimate for the two weeks it is allowed. i cant wait to explore all the new threats

my favorite in the meta? spdef mew. it just shuts down teams mang. As for a popular pokemon i don't really like...mega zard x. at first he was my favorite mega. i just find him hit or miss. doesnt sweep or set up like it used to imo. early xy it would crush teams. not it isjust there to stop mega manetric but sand lando azu etc stop it. still a strong mon dont get me wrong i just have a love hate relationship with it

aim

pokeaimMD
Do you believe that Baton Pass-oriented teams were nerfed to the point that they are no longer a problem?

By "Baton Pass-oriented teams", I strictly mean GeoPass, the playstyle dEnIsSsS popularized.

Alot of players deem it to be extremely uncompetitive, including myself, and would like to know your stance on the matter

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-172057846 : I would have done the same thing in that matchup man :[[[[
tbh i didnt think and still dont think that bp had to be nerfed. it doesnt really affect me as a competitive player other than being an occasional annoyance when i ladder. By that i mean that it's not something that I would have to prepare for in a tournament. It was only used twice iirc and only won once. But i still find quick pass teams to be effective.

aim

pokeaimMD
tell everyone about the best purplesurge clan that you happened to be in alongside legendary battlers of the day back in 2010, including the big 3 of crackerofcheese, roscoe1337, and blazinkickinchicken

also remember that game where metabeast tried to gliscor pass against alex but got frozen LOL
LOLOL

aim

pokeaimMD
hey aim bud any recommendations for an aspiring PokeTuber? :) (O I guess u already answered that but the rest is relevant stuff yo :])

Also cos I changed laptops I need that camtasia link u set me before again or at least tell me how to find it ;~; thanks bud ^.^ It's always really fun to play you especially when I'm feeling more alert, you just create such a good atmosphere in the battle.. I swear, you're not someone who anyone can beat when playing lazily (or at least do it at all consistently) and I think you're doing great work as a Youtuber and are a great battler ^-^ must admit teambuilding's more my groove than battling, so if we ever coincide with you playing a tier and me playing it competently (I guess I'm ok at ubers but I quit like 2 days ago and that decision's not changing.. so who knows when it might be) then I'll set you a team or two here and there I hope ^^
haha appreciate the kind words my friend. twas fun to play you as well :] and i gotchu with the camtasia in pms.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
Ill fire up some more questions since this was p cool:

ost9 thoughts?

baril porra yn?

Best trashtalker on smogon?

should olt become a season-based tournament?

Should the voting standards be raised? A.k.a is it too easy to get to vote for suspects nowadays?

Most overrated player?

Reactions: zbr
joeyyyyyyyy :]

I have been watching your videos religiously for the past couple years because your prediction skills are far beyond impressive and it's to the point that it feels like your PO/PS lives are pre-recorded lol. I actually have a question outside of battling. I know you're a One Piece fan and I'm sure you can tell based on my avatar I am, too, so I was just curious what made you get into OP and what is your opinion on how the anime is going currently (anime-only watcher here btw). Also, what other animes do you like to watch?

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
joeyyyyyyyy :]

I have been watching your videos religiously for the past couple years because your prediction skills are far beyond impressive and it's to the point that it feels like your PO/PS lives are pre-recorded lol. I actually have a question outside of battling. I know you're a One Piece fan and I'm sure you can tell based on my avatar I am, too, so I was just curious what made you get into OP and what is your opinion on how the anime is going currently (anime-only watcher here btw). Also, what other animes do you like to watch?
yay OP fan here as well, though i prefer manga(except ep590), and am currently following Naruto besides it, ofc DBZ is god

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Watching your road to top tens inspired me too get better at competitive, and i couldnt thank you enough because its honestly so much fun :)
You seem to play on showdown ALOT do you prefer it over the actual games or do you just like it for videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)