Project OU Player of the week #41: Daftmau5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Banner by Skarm™

Welcome to OU's Player of the week, a project where I interview well known players to gain insight on how they battle, as well as get to know some things about them. The goal of this thread is to have these high level players give insight to other players in this community in hopes of creating a better overall experience in the OU environment. As always, if there's someone you'd like to see interviewed, feel free to shoot me a PM. So without further ado, lets get to it!

daftmau5

Most Known For:
Not a whole lot tbh which is why i felt super flattered when you asked me hahaha. I'm pretty new as far as tournaments go but i kinda got noticed after having a decent run to the top 8 in OST and then trc was enough of a legend to give me a shot in WCOP this year.

Favorite Pokemon:
Typhlosion. I basically soloed Gold with my Typhlosion and 5 fodder mons that would be used to revive/heal Typhlosion. Mega Typhlosion would be the icing on the cake!!

Most used Pokemon:
Probably Garchomp because of its ridiculous versatility. You can run a fat rocky helmet set to blanket check most physical attackers, run rocky helmet SD to semi check phys attackers BUT also push damage on things like Clefable and Gliscor OR my favourite set atm: SD life orb which just takes a huge dump on a plethora of slow teams. You can also get tricky with sets like sub salac.

Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I'm a 22 year old aussie law student. Touch footy is life but i also enjoy lifting and house music.

Where did you get your name from?
Mashed together Daft Punk and deadmau5 cos i'm a huge fan of both.

How and when did you get into competitive battling?
I started laddering in the final month of BW2 using RMTs but i guess i got serious during early to mid XY after my good mate Prankster started helping me out. Before that, my cartridge strategies revolved around things like Confuse Ray/Thunder Wave/Attract Lanturn.

How do you feel about how ORAS plays compared to XY?
It feels way faster. As much as i enjoyed XY (especially late XY), ORAS offers a lot of diversity and scope for creativity once you step away from the cookie cutter builds and i find this to be awesome.

To add onto the above, thoughts on the team matchup issue?
I'm not very sympathetic to the idea. I'll admit it's hard to be 100% ready for every single threat but you at least owe it to yourself to try and check as much as possible. Running a slow ass team and getting swept by Manaphy or Zard Y is your own fault tbh. Not commenting on the ladder but i'm really enjoying ORAS OU at the moment. There isn't a whole lot i'd want to change. All in all, I feel teambuilding in ORAS is difficult but rewarding.

Do you feel that there is anything that is suspect worthy at the moment?
Maybe Goth. No one really brings stall at a tour level so i don't personally care too much but I can see why it sucks to be laddering and have your stallbreaker trapped, tricked, neutered and pp stalled. I probably find Scald more annoying purely because it leads to situations where players just stay in and click Scald and pray for a burn instead of looking for a better play.

What's your favorite playstyle and why?
Probably bulky offence/balance partially because it's what i'm good at building. I generally enjoy fast paced games but also like having a defensive backbone to pivot around if necessary. I also really like playing HO too but i'm not too good at building it.

What's your favorite generation of OU and why?
I guess ORAS since i'm fairly new to mons in the scheme of things and it's what i'm most familiar with. BUT, I've been learning DPP since about December of last year and i'll admit I enjoy it more than ORAS sometimes. I just love using sets like LO Overheat Heatran, OTR Bronzong and Petaya Empo.

How do you go about preparing for tournament matches? Does the process differ depending on the tournament?
Before i start building, i'll try to scout my opponent and try and find something they're generally weak to and try to implement that in my team OR if i can't do that, i'll try and bring something non-standard to catch them off guard like Hawlucha or Nasty Pass into Zard Y. That being said, i don't put all my eggs in one basket and pray i get the instant victory with that single mon. I'll try and build something that functions well in general. This is my basic strategy for all tours.

Favorite to win STour?
Leftiez because i feel he is the most complete player across the 3 generations.

If you could change one thing about OU, what would it be and why?
I want more rapid spinners because 1. Offensive spinners are basically limited to Starmie and Excadrill which isn't a whole lot of choice and 2. I hate Defogging my own hazards away.

Do you have any advice for newer players for playing, and for Smogon in general?
Play on the ladder and watch replays from tournaments to get an idea of high level play. Everyone rags on the ladder but it's a good place to start and also a good place to test teams and learn about the meta in general. Once you feel comfortable, start entering individual tournaments like OST and Smogon Tour. It's a good way to get noticed and impress captains who then might be willing to give you a shot during a team tour like WCOP or SPL.

If you could change one thing about Smogon as a whole to make it better, what would it be and why?
It would be nice if everyone knocked their ego down a peg. Arguments generally break down into "Who the fuck are you? LOL". If being relevant on a pokesim is your benchmark then you honestly have to re-evaluate where your life is going.

What players do you look up to / are good friends with?
My best mate on PS is Prankster. He's basically taught me everything i know about mons and is just a great person in general. Gingy is also a really good mate but i don't seem him much anymore :c TRC is also a fucking champ for supporting me during OST and then giving me a chance in WCOP.

The OCN Oras crew (Tom Bus, Escavalier, D4RR3N, Frizy, TGMD) is hectic and of course I can't forget the Top Shits (Tom Bus again, Alkov, Blackbloodz, Void). There's also everyone in bof/bitg - love you all. ABR is also a really chill dude when he isn't using Shed stall.

I really look up to Heist and Stathakis as tour players because not only are they successful and exiting players, they are extremely approachable and not egocentric.

Finally, can you provide us a team that's a good fit for this metagame and reflects your playstyle, with a brief explanation of how it works?

I thought CM Lati would make a great offensive core with HP Fire/Iron Head Kyub since Kyub lures MZor,Ferro and Clef (which all have really high usage) to pave the way for Lati to drop boosted Dracos. Kyub is also a great lead vs Rocky Chomp and also takes advantage of other bulky grounds which are trending atm such as Hippo, Gliscor and Lan-t. Excadrill makes a great late game cleaner and checks a lot of things on offense like +1 sweepers, fairies etc. Hippo, Clef + MZor forms a defensive backbone yet the latter two are also solid wincons. Feel free to make Excadrill Air Balloon SD Spin (drop rock slide) but be sure to change the nature to Adamant (Jolly is better on LO imo since you don't get traced/revenged by Timid Garde, outrun Adamant Exca and can actually do stuff outside of sand like outrun Heatran). Have fun!

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Iron Head

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 20 Def / 204 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 23 Spe
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

1) best OU non mega?
4) what do you think of hoopa-U
2) which song of daft punk you like most?
3) what did you think of ustralia being able to join the Euro Vision song festival this year?

hey ! some questions here, but not really about pokémon.

- Have you ever been to Canberra ? If yes, what do you think about the city ? If not, why ? :p
- Have you listened to old DP lives from the 90s ? Like Live @ Rex Club, Live @ The Arches, Alive 1997, and of course their epic 97 Essential Mix... if you didn't jump on all of that man, do it, great stuff here ! :)

Unlucky Desperado

Banned deucer.
What did u learn from earthworm and pana
Do u like rugby
Have u ever been stung by a jellyfish on the beach
Do u go to the beach (and stare at girls)
Is Jarod Hayne Jesus
What is ur thoughts after losing to the queen in ost

- Thoughts on Manaphy?
- What would you say is the best Pokemon in ORAS OU?
- Top 3 types in ORAS OU? Why?
- Worst 3 types in ORAS OU? Why?
- Most Overrated Pokemon in ORAS OU?
- Underrated?
- Favourite Gen - Competitive Battling?
- Favourite Gen - Overall?
- What do you think of people who call themselves Daft Punk fans but can only name 1 song in Get Lucky?

Scotti

we back.
why do you think reverb is so bad?
Who would win in a fist fight tom bus or escavalier?
Have you ever had a fren get bit by a shark.
Have you ever got stung by a jellyfish.
How many spiders are in your area.
Is hoopa-u bad or good?
Is mega latias still good?

1.) Do you believe user Reverb used to have a crush on Lil Manaphy?
2.) Favorite Hoopa-U set and why?
3.) In your opinion, who are a few "underrated" players that you think will go on and perform well in major tournaments?
4.) On a scale of 1-10, how creepy is WCAR?
5.) Top 2-3 favorite house music tracks?

Congratulations on the interview, and thanks a lot for the shout out. Hope to see you continue to grow and dominate tournaments.

Just one quick question...

For a player who has plenty of experience battling but once to improve his Teambuilding skills from good to great, how do you reccomend that he learns?

Daft that "gouryella" track you mentioned some time ago is so fire
Are you gonna go for the last olt cycles ?
Will you co narrate with tom bus ?

Answers in bold.

1) best OU non mega?
Probably a three-way tie between Clefable/Garchomp/Latios because they're so splashable.

2) what do you think of hoopa-U

Big fan of it offensively. I think LO 4 atks (i personally like Hyperspace Fury, Gunk Shot, Grass Knot, HP Fire/Fire Punch) forms a ridiculously good offensive combination with bp Mega lop. You just need to click baton pass with Lop as your opponent switches into Slowbro, Hippowdon, Celebi, Clef (or whatever their lop counter is) and just click the appropriate move with Hoopa. The Nasty Plot set with Psyshock, Dark Pulse, Substitute/Focus Blast is an incredibly good wallbreaker and sweeps ladder stall at +2 if you can trap Goth or force it to trick away its scarf to something else.

What i really hate is that it offers very little defensive synergy because it's slow, frail and has zero resistances save for a psychic immunity. This makes it incredibly hard to use vs offense outside of trying to sponge a special attack and attacking back.

3) which song of daft punk you like most?

Voyager.

It's groovy, funky and the bass line is just phenomenal.

4) what did you think of ustralia being able to join the Euro Vision song festival this year?

I don't really know much about Eurovision apart from the Sexy Sax Guy.
hey ! some questions here, but not really about pokémon.

- Have you ever been to Canberra ? If yes, what do you think about the city ? If not, why ? :p

Some of my best mates study at ANU so a few of us roadtrip down every so often for a piss up. I'm personally not the biggest fan of Canberra in general cos i don't think there's a whole lot to do but you can get a killer milkshake from one of the cafe's so there's that.

- Have you listened to old DP lives from the 90s ? Like Live @ Rex Club, Live @ The Arches, Alive 1997, and of course their epic 97 Essential Mix... if you didn't jump on all of that man, do it, great stuff here ! :)

I'm so glad you mentioned those mate, it's really good to see a fellow fan. Those are easily some of the best sets of all time. I also really like some of Guy's work in Le Knight Club.
What did u learn from earthworm and pana

Not gonna lie, i didn't have too much contact with them apart from a little on IRC but i did learn a couple of things from watching them play. Earthworm's game v Isa was an incredible showcase of how it pays to be patient. He doubled out with zap against Isa's cune a bunch of times before eventually dropping a red hot thunder after Isa decided to eventually just stay in. As for Pana, i found it really cool how he brought a bunch of slightly unconventional sets/mons like CB Gyara, Max Spe Tentacruel and Feraligatr which are great to catch your opponent off guard.

Do u like rugby
I love Rugby League, not so much Rugby Union (but i still watch it occasionally). Played League religiously while i grew up before i quit after getting tired of getting my ass beat by 12 year old 6 foot Islander kids. I'm looking to get back into it atm. CARN THE EELS.

Have u ever been stung by a jellyfish on the beach

Nah but a bunch of my mates have been stung by blue bottles and it seems like a bitch.

Do u go to the beach (and stare at girls)

Daily, nightly and ever so rightly. So keen for summer. 3 weeks into my cut *-*

Is Jarod Hayne Jesus

I feel so conflicted about him. Jarryd's my favourite player and as much as i want him to succeed in the NFL, part of me really wants him to come back to Parra. Easily one of the most exciting players of his generation.

What is ur thoughts after losing to the queen in ost

I was disappointed in the way i played but it was a learning experience. trc has spoke to me a lot about it and looking back, I think i had a really good shot to win the first game if i pivoted to Keldeo on turn 2 instead of risking my LO Torn-t (which put a lot of pressure on his team). I've been trying to slow down and plan out my games better ever since. (replay if anyone's interested: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-44706)

- Thoughts on Manaphy?

100% deserves its current S-ranking. It's funny how so many players end up weak to it despite how omnipresent it is in the current meta. I think the issue is that people usually just slap on a Thundurus/Serperior/Latios next to 5 mons that lose to +3 mana with no other way to pressure it and the moment their check goes down, Mana just TGs and runs through the rest. I've personally been guilty of this a number of times lol.

- What would you say is the best Pokemon in ORAS OU?

It's too difficult to pinpoint just one so i'm going to cheat - Mega Zard X or Mega Diancie. Extremely underprepared for threats atm.

- Top 3 types in ORAS OU? Why?
Water (cos scald + stellar defensive typing + they usually get ice beam and ice is incredibly good offensively), Fairy (excellent offensively + defensively as a secondary typing. Think Azu, Altaria, Diancie etc) and Dark (extremley spammable offensively. There's only a small number of consistent dark resists in OU).

- Worst 3 types in ORAS OU? Why?

Ice (zero defensive synergy, sr weak), Bug (crap offensive coverage, sr weak), Rock (poor defensive typing, all the usable moves are inaccurate)

- Most Overrated Pokemon in ORAS OU?

Hippo. I have a love/hate relationship with Hippo. It was one of my most used mons about about 2 months ago but honestly, it's such a huge drain on momentum. Yes it checks a bunch of physical threats (and some SpA attackers depending on EVs) but it's ridiculously easy to take advantage of. Running a curse/whirlwind somewhat alleviates that however.

- Underrated?

Breloom. cosine180 has recently done a great job of showing what it's capable of and just how good it actually is. Sash is probably the more consistent set but Life orb SD nets a bunch of insane kos at +2 like a 50% chance to ohko keld after rocks with Mach Punch. I think being able to check exca/mega lopunny and completely punish slow mons like Hippowdon and Slowbro is invaluable atm.

- Favourite Gen - Competitive Battling?

Basically answered this in Clone's interview questions.

- Favourite Gen - Overall?

Probably Gen 4. My favourite cartridge gen is technically gen 2 but HG/SS really improved on the originals in terms of gameplay.

- What do you think of people who call themselves Daft Punk fans but can only name 1 song in Get Lucky?

I don't really mind - the more the merrier tbh. That being said, they're really missing out on the classics in Homework and Discovery.
why do you think reverb is so bad?

Hahaha nah but seriously, it would be great to see Reverb get back into the tour scene. I reckon he'd kick ass.

Who would win in a fist fight tom bus or escavalier?

I can't pick between my boys :c

Have you ever had a fren get bit by a shark.

No but summer is coming. Soon.jpg

Have you ever got stung by a jellyfish.

No, heh. See Unlucky Desperado's questions.

How many spiders are in your area.

Too many.

Is hoopa-u bad or good?

Good on the right team but quite hard to fit in. See above for my thoughts on Hoopa.

Is mega latias still good?

Yeah but not as good as before. Dark spam is a bit too common atm but it's still one of the premier switchins to Zard Y and Keldeo and can be ev'd to shrug off electrics like Mega Man + non-np Thundurus. Being able to tank powerful fire and water attacks as well as outlasting the fast electrics in OU is pretty unique.
1.) Do you believe user Reverb used to have a crush on Lil Manaphy?

No doubt. I've always felt a bit of heat and a bit of sizzle between the two of them.

2.) Favorite Hoopa-U set and why?

LO 4 atks - Hyperspace Fury, Gunk Shot, Grass Knot, Fire Punch/HP Fire. Functions as an insanely good wallbreaker and also OHKOs/2HKOs basically everything in ORAS OU apart from Defensive Lan-t which still takes a good chunk from LO Hyper.

3.) In your opinion, who are a few "underrated" players that you think will go on and perform well in major tournaments?

Escavalier is still hella underrated despite going 3-0 in a tough WCOP group and losing narrowly to Tesung in the elim stage. He also knows his way around DPP and BW and i reckon he'd actually have a chance at making the ST top 16 if ocn timezones weren't so ass. Snowy, Alkov and FlamingVictini are also pretty underrated.

4.) On a scale of 1-10, how creepy is WCAR?

11 but WCAR is insanely good value. I'd say the vast majority of the times i've laughed hardest on PS have revolved around him.

5.) Top 2-3 favorite house music tracks?

Toughest question so far. I'd have to go with Voyager by Daft Punk, Your Love by Frankie Knuckles and Call on Me by Eric Prydz. One more time by Daft Punk and Silver Screen (Shower Scene) by Felix Da Housecat are honourable mentions.

Congratulations on the interview, and thanks a lot for the shout out. Hope to see you continue to grow and dominate tournaments.

Thanks mate <3

Just one quick question...

For a player who has plenty of experience battling but once to improve his Teambuilding skills from good to great, how do you reccomend that he learns?

I'm not gonna pretend i'm an amazing teambuilder so i guess the best of (the limited) advice i can give you is to build a lot of teams and just test them. And i don't just mean test it 2 or 3 times. Test extensively to make sure you're as well equipped as possible for the vast number of threats in ORAS. I remember during wcop i was testing a team which i thought was battle ready after stringing together 3 wins in a row and then I tested vs a team with Serperior, got completely floored and had to make changes accordingly after. Doing this will also help you start to recognise offensive cores and defensive cores that pair well together.

I guess some non-generic advice i can give you is to always try and optimise your sets. For example, people will often pair Scarf/Specs mag with a physical attacker that dislikes Skarmory. BUT, what if your team ends up really weak to Sand Rush Exca? Instead of instantly adding a rotom-w or defensive lan-t to your team, you could potentially save space by changing your Magnezone into Air Balloon + Magnet Rise to trap and beat Excadrill. Extracting the maximum value out of each pokemon will go a long way in producing better teams.

The Team Showcase section of the RMT thread is also a great resource as a lot of players will explain their building process which is something you can learn from. You should also look into taking part in things like the OU Teambuilding Competition.
Daft that "gouryella" track you mentioned some time ago is so fire

:]

Are you gonna go for the last olt cycles ?

Maybe haha. I've signed up in every round but only actually laddered in cycle 2. Ended up playing 60 games before my PS decided to be a scrub and stop finding matchas :<

Will you co narrate with tom bus ?

Hmm, i'll look into it haha. I reckon it would be pretty fun. In the meantime, everyone should Subscribe to his channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxzWg59AtRA_NO0cJyCwYDw
Also,
[11:02] @Rumor: DAFT
[11:02] @Rumor: WHERES MY SHOUTOUT
[11:02] @Rumor: LIL NIGGA

Rumor is cool.

Omg daft :o Grats on getting this old friend :]

Hmmmm if you could play a tour game with one person who would it be?

What are your thoughts on Aussie food in relation to other parts of the world?

Dpp bo3 later y/n :ooo

Lastly, you secretly have a massive crush on wcar y/n

top 5 trance classics
opinions on armin van buuren's music from 2013-present (excluding gaia and rising star)
is life orb sd lando-t the future

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
i feel like joo forgot somebody on the shoutouts :o
what's your opinion on australia politically
do you know any obscure electronic groups that you think deserve a mention
fave disney movie
(fuck question marks)

WECAMEASROMANS

Banned deucer.
1. what tours are you looking forward to playing in the future? do you think you'll make a spot in OST?
2. who are some of your favorite house DJs? :O I <3 krewella *_* Have you ever been to an EDM concert or are planning to?
3. most embarassing sexual experience?
4. not counting OLT, how often do you ladder?
5. what was the most scariest moment in your life bug related? (such as a spider sneaking up on you while you're in the shower or sumthin)
6. Most used mega pokemon?
7. top 5 ORAS OU players atm in your opinion?

Omg daft :o Grats on getting this old friend :]

:] WF reppin'

Hmmmm if you could play a tour game with one person who would it be?
I think cosine would be fun to play against. I feel he's the top oras player atm.

What are your thoughts on Aussie food in relation to other parts of the world?
I love Thai/Mexican but Vegemite + Avocado on slightly burnt toast and Tim Tams will always have a special place in my heart. Kangaroo is also excellent on a cut.

Dpp bo3 later y/n :ooo
Lgi

Lastly, you secretly have a massive crush on wcar y/n
Shhh... I told you that in confidence!
top 5 trance classics
Beachball (Nalin and Kane) gets a special mention cos i can legit listen to this all day everyday. It's so hypnotic.
For an Angel (Paul Van Dyk)
On a Good Day (A&B/Ocean Lab)
In and Out of Love (Armin)
Xpander (Sasha)

opinions on armin van buuren's music from 2013-present (excluding gaia and rising star)
I still enjoy it to an extent i guess but it sounds a lot more 'edm' and downright cheesy at times. He should leave big room to Martin Garrix and W&W and go back to his roots but $$$ =/. At the very least, i don't feel that he has gone full Tiesto quite yet lol. Overall, his new music is the kinda stuff i can enjoy if i'm out with my mates but i wouldn't really listen to it alone unlike Shivers and Imagine.

is life orb sd lando-t the future
Absolutely. Scariest mon ever.
i feel like joo forgot somebody on the shoutouts :o

JOOOOOOO :c

what's your opinion on australia politically

Mixed. We've done a lot of things right like medicare and affordable education but we're a little behind in areas like marriage equality, asylum seeker policy and climate change. I'm quite curious to see how we fare under Turnbull.

do you know any obscure electronic groups that you think deserve a mention
Hmmm, I'm a big fan of Ratatat and The Glitch Mob but i guess they're sorta well known.

fave disney movie
Lion King

(fuck question marks)
looooooooose
Cyllile, he left you out of the top shits. How do you feel bout it? GeeMick go kill him
I fucked up LOL. Sorry Geemick :c ily
i clicked on the daft punk song you linked and the video was an anime, then i saw some of the other thumbnails for their videos were also of this same anime so imma ask based on that

why do they like this anime so much?

It's from an animated film called Interstella 5555 and it's basically how Daft Punk visualised Discovery (one of their albums) if it was to be made into a film medium. If you're interested in the back story and production, this is a pretty good read: http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums...-the-5ecret-5tar-5ystem-with-leiji-matsumoto/ which will probably explain it better than i can.

have you watched it?
Yeah, great film. It's really cool how they convey a story though just music + animation without actual dialogue.

do you watch anime in general?
Not really but i've seen Akira which is pretty cool.
1. what tours are you looking forward to playing in the future? do you think you'll make a spot in OST?
I'd love to play in SPL. Team tours are really fun (apart from the super shitty feeling if you lose).

Do you mean Smogon Tour? If so, no lol. I'm completely garbage at BW and i don't feel like i'm good enough at DPP to consistently get points. I feel confident enough in ORAS to snag a few points here and there but ocn timezones aren't too helpful tbh.

2. who are some of your favorite house DJs? :O I <3 krewella *_* Have you ever been to an EDM concert or are planning to?

Daft Punk, Eric Prydz, Disclosure, Frankie Knuckles, Armand van Helden, Dusky, Kaskade, Porter Robinson, John Digweed, Ferry Corsten, Benny Benassi, deadmau5

Yeah a bunch. I most recently saw Porter Robinson in July which was sweet as and i'll be going to see Above & Beyond this Saturday. #ABGT150KEEEEN

3. most embarassing sexual experience?
LOL pm me when you see me on PS and i promise i'll give you a story you can add to your wank bank. Might be a bit too much for some of smogon's younger crowd if they happen to be reading this.

4. not counting OLT, how often do you ladder?
Consistently, never. I stopped around June of last year but i still hop onto an alt and test teams if i can't get a game vs a mate. I find it more enjoyable to just play vs friends or join room tours.

5. what was the most scariest moment in your life bug related? (such as a spider sneaking up on you while you're in the shower or sumthin)

Was hiking a couple of years ago and i pulled out a shirt from my bag to change into but i didn't realise there was this huge spider chilling on it. Almost put it on before someone screamed at me and i threw it into the bushes and ran around brushing myself off in case it got on me. Scarred for life.

6. Most used mega pokemon?

Diancie, Scizor, Garde according to my builder.

7. top 5 ORAS OU players atm in your opinion?

Cosine180, Tom Bus, Stathakis, Tesung, Reiku.
hope you die

You love me like a fat kid loves cake.
congratz you made me log in to say that i miss you too :{ oh and i guess your thoughts on darmanitan :3

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

BEST MON EVER. I was gonna nom sub bd darm but then i got lazy D: Your Darm team is still hella crisp though Ging.

Hey daft congrats on player of the week even though C1one is the one who makes the decisions. you deserve it!
quick questions
1.) How do you feel about the increasingly large divide between the Competitive and Casual scene, or rather, Ladder/Room Tours and Official tournaments. Do you think both should be given equal respect or do you lean towards the Competitive scene?
2.) On a number of 1 to 10 how many gallons of tears did you cry when Rumor said he hopes you'd die.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
My friends own that killer milkshake place in Canberra you gave props to, nice to see them get a mention on Smogon. You should come down and visit sometime.

Favourite code of football to watch (from most to least): afl, league, union, soccer.

What do you bench, squat and deadlift?

Favourite city you've visited in Australia?

Favourite DJs? The fact that you love trance and house (two of my 3 favourite genres to DJ in clubs) makes me happy. Come watch me sometime!

Reactions: pj

Alkov

plopping
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I thought of a few other questions.

1.) Top 2-3 favorite DPP mons and sets?
2.) Who are your favorite DPP players that currently still play?
3.) If Zamrock, Mob Barley, and Steve Angello were in a pool of salt water, who drowns first?
For question 3, the answer is none because if all 3 of them were in a pool together, that pool will now be called the Dead Sea and we all know how hard it is to sink in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)