OU sandstorm newbie need hard help

This is my first team so please criticize to ur heats content i need help to get this team ready for a tournament at a anime convention

Ok, so sandstorm has been something i have looked into since i looked into the viability of my favorite Pokemon in competitive play (scizor) just to tell u how long its been i did not not syther evolved

Alright so this team is pretty much based around murder by entery hazards with one revenge killer, one sweeper, and the rest built to take a hit so here goes nothing

Forretress (Hannibal) @leftovers
Trait: overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SPD / 4 DEF
Nature: carefull
- Spikes
- toxic spikes
- Rapid spin
- Pain split

Alright so this guy not only gets ride of other entry hazards but has toxic spikes wich after double spikes can stall out the game with gliscor with sub/protect, he also gives me another way to set up spikes while having pain split to stay in long enough to be effective

Next up...

Gliscor (Mad Murdoxx) @ Toxic orb
Trait:Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SPE / 40 DEF
Nature: jolly
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Gliscor quickly became one of my favorites (tho i hate his first form) With his ability poison heal he can sub and protect for 38+ turns and stall like no other, the problem is if you cant get the set up off forrtress the chances of getting the toxic off and still being able to sub are slim without the toxic spike set up, Earthquake lets him deal with some of the fire types my team is typicality ran over by

Next up...

skarmory (Faceman) @ Shed shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 251 Hp / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Nature: impish
- Stealth rock
- Roost
- whirlwind
- Brave Bird

This is my main way to deal with batton pass or any stall Pokemon with whirlwind, and lets me set up stealth rock to finish off my entry hazard set, with spikes, stealth rocks, sandstorm and toxic it does not take long for nearly any none steel type to fall fast, roost lets it stay on the field and brave bird gives it a offensive skill to beat on fighting types

Next up...

Tyranitar (Dr.Love) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Spd / 76 Atk
Nature: Sassy
- Stone edge/earthquake
- Low kick
- Pursuit
- Fire Blasr

Tank-A-TAR is super hilarious, you brake open a fireblast against a steel type set up Pokemon like forrtress or skarmory it makes it all worth it ^_^. Stone edge lets me take care of some threats to my team like the frikin fire moth that likes to run over my team, however earthquake would let me deal with Sunny day set ups like Ninetails, pursuit lets me catch low hp Pokemon from getting away with no health and also lets me hit ghosts, Low kick lets me beat on other steel Pokemon and deal some nice damage to ferrathorn who's power whip can become a problem

Next up...

scizor (Lady Death) @ Choice band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 Hp / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Nature:Adamant
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

The revenge killer and my fav poke, U-turn if i wana use him as a opener to get some damage in and hit venasaur's, bullet punch lets me get last hits in when i need it, pursuit lets me deal soem nice damage to any pokemon trying to switch away low, and superpower gived me a super high damage fighting skill that with choice band can 1 hit ko quite a few things

Next up...

Sehr Gut! (Lucario) @ Life orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Spe / 4 HP / 252 Atk
Nature: Adamant
- Sword dance
- Extreme speed
- Ice Punch
- close combat

Woot sweeper, so lucario is my teams sweeper, with high atk stats and speed i figured it fit well, sword dancing when u get a chance to 1 hko easier , extreme speed to get the first hit in case its a speed race for the win, ice punch to deal with dragon pokemon who might have gotten past the rest of my team, and of course close combat , a nice quick fighting atack to deal with a lot of probs,

So yiss, that's all I have, and I hope you Rate, Hate, and Steal.​

Welcome to smogon first of all, and next, a few pointers.
Firstly, just because it's a sand team does not mean everything has to be rock, ground or steel type. This makes your team insanely weak to water attacks.
Next, balance your number of physical attacks and special attacks. As you can see, you have exactly 2 special attacks, and both are uninvested. Yeah. I don't think I can help much by changing 1 or 2 pokes, so I am going to give you a list of pokes I see in sand teams that are very viable.

Genesect and/or dug trio
Hippowdown
Latias
Sandslash
Stoutland
Landorus (t)
Starmie
Heatran
Rotom-w
Ferrothorn

I am sure there are more. Pick and mix.

You have decent ideas, but I would suggest replacing with Rock Polish Sheer Force Landorus over Lucario. Lucario sets up anyway, so this wouldn't be much different as far as setting up goes. RP SF Landorus is extremely dangerous should it set up, and is also powerful. Here is the set:

Landorus@Life Orb
Ability:Sheer Force
252 SpAtk, 252 Spe, 4 SpDef
Timid Nature(+Speed, -Attack)
Earth Power
Focus Blast
Hidden Power Ice
Rock Polish

tehy

Banned deucer.
I'm going to be honest, i feel like you need another sweeper, and i'd suggest running SDrakion over tyranitar. SDrakion makes you much less weak to volcarona, and gives you another sweeper, which you need. The only pokemon you're running that benefits from SS directly is tyranitar, and while the extra residual damage is useful,
it's not really all that necessary. Alternately, you could run DDtar, and find another way to deal with volcarona.

Next, i'd replace forretress with ferrothorn. "But forry spins!111!!!" I'll allow that he actually CARRIES the move rapid spin, but he only spins against a team lacking a ghost, and although you've got great pursuit support, he's still not particularly good at it-gengar can 2hitko either of your pursuiters, and jellicent can burn them. Your team also doesn't really have problems with hazards-nothing's really weak to SR, and your main sweeper takes 3% from it. You're weaker to spikes, but this is an inevitable result of giving 3 turns of setup to another team. You now lack toxic spikes, but in today's poison-heavier metagame that isn't really a big deal. In return, you are no longer defenseless against water-types and rain teams, even if you cede weather control by replacing tyranitar. Alternately, you can use Spikes>Sr on skarm, give tyranitar SR (Low kick hits a few things nicely, but isn't that good), and replace forry with tentacruel, thus still giving you all hazards and rapid spin.

As a side note, CM keldeo clean sweeps you with ease. You may want to find a way to deal with this, and my best recommendation is to replace gliscor with some form of subseeder. The best one for this team is actually SubSeed whimsicott, because it'll alleviate your weakness to setup pokemon via priority encore/stun spore, and with prankster leech seed, substitute, encore,and sub, you can still stall beautifully, while still having a good secondary pokemon to take water-type attacks. You could also go with something more bulky, like celebi, which would be much better at dealing with CM keldeo, but not at alleviating your semi-weakness to other setup sweepers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)