Which Pokemon to Fill in 6th Slot?

• Starmie- Current Set

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Breloom- Current Set

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Other- Post Set and Reasons in Comments

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
Breloom man! Starmie is just a fast attacker and you dont need it for rapid spin since your team isnt weak to rocks. If u want to use starmie use a support set with rain dance maybe or a choce set with trick. Breloom on the otehr siede lets you use priority and op SPORE.

Breloom man! Starmie is just a fast attacker and you dont need it for rapid spin since your team isnt weak to rocks. If u want to use starmie use a support set with rain dance maybe or a choce set with trick. Breloom on the otehr siede lets you use priority and op SPORE.
Not weak to Rocks? Do you not see Thundurus T and Kyurem? Both are weak to rocks

Hey Gronk,
Really nice team you have here -- I can see why it's won 4 championships (and definitely more to come!)

One thing I noticed is that it has a huge Cloyster weakness. Scarf Kyurem can't outspeed a +2Speed Cloyster and the sweeping coverage Cloyster has takes out this team fast.

Question and a Suggestion:
How would you take care of a Cloyster?

as for a Suggestion..
maybe you want a sweeper besides Lucario that has Mach Punch? I'm not too sure!

Just was wondering if you noticed this. :)

Gengar's Moves

I love this team! I've been playing with it and it's very effective and fun. My only question is why Giga Drain on Gengar? For me I've always found myself either wishing for thunderbolt's extra power or focus blast's coverage. Personally I'd recommend thunderbolt as I believe this team needs another electric move (You have two with Thundurus-T and Kyurem-B, but the problem is that you can't use fusion bolt on Kyurem-B while your opponent still has a ground type left alive or you completely lose a turn) to hit all of the ever present water types that are swimming around the OU pool right now.

Aquethix, I completely agree, I do need another Mach puncher. I will probably search around to find one that doesn't completely ruin my chemistry. And philosophical psycho, in most cases I would agree with you, but we have to remember, in this meta, grass hits many more pokemon super effectively than electric (even more water types) but I could see doing some testing with thunderbolt.

Hey there nice team! The only common poke that I can see that will be problematic is scarftar. Crunch maims starmie, stone edge hits kyurem b and thundurus t, and superpower hits heatran and lucario. I second the donphan to replace starmie.
if you're worried about keldeo, how about you run agility thundurus t over nasty plot? He has a 145 sp attack with a 101 base speed. Thundurus t will outpace scarf keldeo and can sweep teams once ttar and the blobs are gone : )

@Gronk:
How are you getting Thundurus T to be able to sweep? I always can get Nasty Plots up but then Thundurus gets outsped by so many mons in this meta.

Are you replacing Breloom with Donphan?

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Pretty solid team, but you definitely need entry hazards to make this team more effective. Pokemon like Kyurem-B and Gengar strive off entry hazards because they can force switches very easily and take out valuable members of your opponent's team or pave the way for another team member to sweep because of the damage they dealt with their moves combined with the hazards.

i would immediately replace Thundurus with a hazard Skarmory or Forretress @ Custap Berry. Custap Spikers have been getting a lot of use with the recent ban of deoxys and with Gengar to aid in spin blocking your hazards are not going to be spun away easily. If you do decide to go with Forretress, it could double up as a spinner if you wanted to take off rapid spin from Starmie (But you don't really need a spinner as only one pokemon would be vulnerable to stealth rock if you replace thundurus).

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+ Spd, - SpA)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

You don't really need HP EVs as you don't really care about taking hits. You want to get up your hazards ASAP and as soon as that happens you can just start whirlwinding once you get enough set up or just bravebird to get a free switch in to your next pokemon.

Forretress @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Relaxed Nature (+ Def, - Spd)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion / Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball

Forretress does the same thing skarmory does but doesn't have the speed to back it up. It does however take hits better than Skarmory and can rapid spin if you want it too. Explosion is also very good with Custap, giving you a free switch to whatever you want to go out too and potentially set up on a weakened pokemon if explosion didnt ohko.

hope I helped and good luck!

Hey gronkspike nice team you built and electrolyte pretty much covered nearly everything, if I were to add anything it'd most likely be redundant. One thing I could offer to help with your problem to stall is to switch kyurem black from scarf to a mixed attacker with substitute. The thing can come in on a large portion of the metagame, set up a sub, and begin demolishing. Just to name a few rotom, celebi, the toed (if not specs), etc. I'd like to see another replay of the team in action because I tried it on an account thats pretty high up on the ladder (around 1950), and it seemingly got crushed by nearly every rain and stall team. Idk it was my first time using it maybe you have some kind of strategy I tried to watch that replay you posted however it as clear from turn one you were playing a complete noob. He led with a spike/spore smeargle? lol and then scarfed discharge rotom I didnt even watch past like turn 4. An stealth rock is pretty much mandatory I dont why you havent implemented it somewhere, maybe throw it on heatran. Sash breloom > LO breloom (personal preference). Other than that congrats on the 14 game win streak I tried to replicate it but idk I came up short.

Thanks for the rate thenewguy24! I do get hurt by stall, but rain hasn't been too much of an issue (rain stall I guess). The replay was against a not-so-tough player, but it showcased what each pokemon is meant to do in theory. I do have my own little strategy, and perhaps I should elaborate a little more on that. My strategy is actually focused around scarf kyurem-b, but I never told you so obviously you wouldn't have known ;D but yah, I have made some changed (like SR on tran) so if you want more in depth you should probably PM me on showdown.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)