OU Team - second attempt

Hi :)

First i want to apologize for my bad english. I hope you can still understand what i want to say ^^

Well.. first the teambuilding procedure:

That was my first Team setup.
Thanks to your help i changed it to:

Now to the specific corner :)

Lead/Staller::

Gliscor

@ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
(Impish)

~ Fling
~ Earthquake
~ Acrobatics

~ Taunt

He will replace Ferrothorn because he helps much more against my fighting weakness.
With the 252 HP and Def Evs he's able to he is going to be my physical wall.
Earthquake and Acrobatics
also deal good amounts of damage after a thrown orb of course :)
I am not sure if i should put some EVs from
Speed to Def :/
I Love this set but i miss Stealthstones..

Physical Sweepers

Tyranitar
@ choice Band (leftovers/focus stash?)
Ability: Sand stream
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe (adamant)

~ Stealth Stones
~ Crunch
~ Stone Edge
~ Persuit

He is the Core of my Team, but i dont like the idea of a whole Sandstorm Setup so i just choose Excadrill who gets a great boost from the sandstorm.
I startet playing him with the standard Dragondance set but changed it to a more defensive set.
I need Stealthstones in my setup so i changed his whole set and gave him the choice band... Maybe leftovers / focus sash is a better choice?

Excadrill
@ life orb
Ability: Sand rush
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe (jolly)

~ Sword Dance
~ Rock slide
~ X-scissor
~ Earthquake

Thanks to his ability sand rush he gets a 50% speed boost from Despotars Sandstorm.. Jolly nature makes him even faster XD!
With his 252 Atk Evs and the life orb give him a good amount of damage.
Well the baloon... it helps him against his ground weakness but i think life orb/leftovers are more usefull...
Changed Brick Break to Sworddance.

Staller:

Reuniclus
@ Life orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4SpDef (bold)

~ Calm Mind
~ Recover
~ Focus Blast
~ Psychic

I picked reuniclus to get rid of my fighting type problem. I think he is a good choice.
Maybe i will chance his stats into offence and play him with trick room and low speed as an another special sweeper...
Hmm or i will take another special sweeper like Gengar/Alakazam...
On the other hand with Calm Mind and Recover he has got a nice survivability.
Psychic as STAB move deals a good amound of damage.
Btw he reminds me of dr. Fetus from super meat boy XD

Special Sweepers

Hydreigon
@ choice scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe (timid)

~ Surf
~ Draco Meteor
~ Fire Blast
~ Dark Pulse

Now i have a good taunter (gliscor) in my team i am able to play Hydreigon as a choice scarfer.
I removed taunt for Surf - guess thats a good choice :)
I didn't know that Earth Power + Dark Pulse is illegal... i already got a kupuno with both attacks from the gts -.-
Draco Meteor as a STAB deals en enormous amount of damage.

Gengar
@ choice scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe (timid)

~ Shadow Ball
~ Focus Blast
~ thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power (Ice)

I removed conkeldurr for this Gengar.
Ground and fighting immunity <3 perfekt for my team :)
Thanks to his 252 speed Evs and the choice band he is a realy fast sweeper.
I love his movepool but i am thinking about a painsplit/substitute set.

So... well thats my team ^^
Thanks for your help :)

Looking forward to your comments and rating
Greets Kraet :)

your way to weak to fighting type pokemon.gallade or toxikroak can rip your team to shreds with proper prediction so completely revamp the entire team. For sandstorm you could use garchomp;scarf, SD, or even brightpowder. Some other good sandstorm pokemon are gliscor, terakion, and jirachi. Also Jellicent has amazing synergy with ferrothorn so think all that over.

Yes, basically any fighting type is going to destroy this team. One resistance to 4 weaknesses is not good for team synergy. Start by thinking about all of the weaknesses and resistances of one or two pokemon you must have on your team, and go from there. (Who will resist weaknesses, who will counter weaknesses, etc)

Hydreigon: Earth Power is illegal with Dark Pulse. Either way, lose Taunt or Earth Power for Fire Blast.
Excadrill: Swords Dance is better than Brick Break generally.
Tyranitar: Either Dragon Dance or Fire PUNCH, Fire fang is pretty inferior.
Reuniclus: Good, but use Psychic: Snorlax/Blissey are set-up fodder for Conkeldurr.
I don’t have a good suggestion for the major Fighting weakness, but the weakest members seem to be Ferrothorn and Ttar (but I know you want that for SS). Gliscor gets Stealth Rock and is generally a good fighting counter.

1.Why dont you try a sassy nature on your ferrothorn it will have lower speed thus more power on your gyro ball, this can come in very handy
2. Reuniclus needs psychic as you already have 3 great counters to blissey and snorlax
3 Maybe try surf or flamethrower/fire blast on your hydregion as earth power/dark pulse combo is illegal
Everyone else looks pretty good

Thanks for Your ratings/tipps, i'm going to change my teamsetup. Changes in Red

Now i'm able to survive better against fighting types but the team is weak against water :/
3 weakness 1 resistance ist't very good.

Gliscor DW ability

I just saw Gliscor has the DW ability "Poison heal".
Combined with Toxic orb i think its very usefull :)

When i find a Gligar with the DW ability "Immunity" will it 100% change to Poison heal after evolving?

Thanks in advice :)

Aighty, Why the hell do you need 3 physical sweepers, Hydreigon's pretty frail with a bunch of common weaknesses so once he's taken down Skarm's gonna wall the shit out of you. Even still anyone half decent will predict Fire Blast with no problem and switch in to Shandy or Heatran giving them a free boost and considering how often those guys are paired together... Well, I'd just suggest something more in the way of special offense. I'd recommend Magnezone, due to his ability to trap and eliminate Skarm with no questions asked.

Thanks for the rating :)

Magnezone would increase my fighting and water weakness :/

I was thinking about replacing conkeldurr with Jellycent.
That would help a lot against my fighting/water problems.

Or Scizor... But he wouldn't really help against my water/fighting weakness ;)

Gliscor: Great choice as a lead, but near pointless when you're not using Poison Heal. Giving him a Toxic Orb as an item + Poison Heal makes him immune to status, while healing him at the same time.

(Suggested set)
Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Facade / Ice Fang
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar: He doesn't have to be completely physical. Tyranitar has both of its attacking stats as decent- and providing the fact that most steels are physically defensive, fire punch is still not going to do much. This is another set that proves to be very effective, IMO.

Tyranitar (M) @ Expert Belt / Life Orb
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 152 SAtk / 20 Spd
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Pursuit / Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Excadrill: A good set, nothing notable to add (that I know of).

Hydreigon: Any more fighting issues added onto Tyranitar and Excadrill still destroy this team. He is also outclassed by faster dragons, with a bit of extra power/bulk, such as the Lati Twins. They would also contribute to an extra fighting resistance. If you want more survivability, choose Latias. If you want a raw powered sweeper, go with Latios.

Conkeldurr: To have a special attacker instead of another physical attacker, I would recommend Gengar. Immunities to both Ground and Fighting make him a perfect teammate with Excadrill and Tyranitar, as well as the fact that he is very fast and has a great Special Attack stat, makes him a great replacement. As quantum said, too many physical attacks does not help against things like Skarmory (but Magnezone just adds to fighting/ground issues).

Reuniclus: Bulk in this team is very appreciated, plus the fighting resistance. He has great synergy with Tyranitar. Don't switch this guy out for Alakazam.

Thanks for your rating :)

Gliscor: Great choice as a lead, but near pointless when you're not using Poison Heal. Giving him a Toxic Orb as an item + Poison Heal makes him immune to status, while healing him at the same time.

(Suggested set)
Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Facade / Ice Fang
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
I was thinking about the Posion Heal/Toxic orb combo, but i need someone to get stealth stones up... Should i teach Tyranitar SS instead?

Tyranitar: He doesn't have to be completely physical. Tyranitar has both of its attacking stats as decent- and providing the fact that most steels are physically defensive, fire punch is still not going to do much. This is another set that proves to be very effective, IMO.

Tyranitar (M) @ Expert Belt / Life Orb
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 152 SAtk / 20 Spd
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Pursuit / Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
I am not sure if that set is what i am looking for :/ I really need someone to set up SS...

Hydreigon: Any more fighting issues added onto Tyranitar and Excadrill still destroy this team. He is also outclassed by faster dragons, with a bit of extra power/bulk, such as the Lati Twins. They would also contribute to an extra fighting resistance. If you want more survivability, choose Latias. If you want a raw powered sweeper, go with Latios.
thanks for the Tipp, but i just want to use OUs and no uber :/

Conkeldurr: To have a special attacker instead of another physical attacker, I would recommend Gengar. Immunities to both Ground and Fighting make him a perfect teammate with Excadrill and Tyranitar, as well as the fact that he is very fast and has a great Special Attack stat, makes him a great replacement. As quantum said, too many physical attacks does not help against things like Skarmory (but Magnezone just adds to fighting/ground issues).
Gengar is an awesome tipp thanks a lot!

I Like this moveset:

Gengar
@ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpAtk /252 Spd (timid)

~ Substitute
~ Pain Split
~ Shadow Ball
~ Focus Blast

Or a Rotom Form?
What do you think?

Well i've been working on my team. What do you think about that:

Tyranitar
@ choice Band
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe (Adamant)

~ Fire Punch
~ Crunch
~ Stone Edge
~ Earthquake

I think that set would fit my team the most. I'm thinking about removing Stone Edge or crunch for persuit... fire Punch is good against steel types and earthquake is just awesome :)

Removing Conkeldurr for:

Gengar
@ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA /252 Spe (timid)

~ Substitute
~ Pain Split
~ Shadow Ball
~ Focus Blast

OR

@ choice scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe (timid)

~ Shadow Ball
~ Focus Blast
~ thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power (Ice)

I'm not sure which set is better suited for my Teamsetup. I think set 2 is more suited.. pure special sweeping power :)

looking forward to your ratings ^^
Thanks in advance
Kraet

I really, really like this team. I've never made a SS team, but this actually somewhat inspired me (even though you said this isn't mean to be a SS team, it seems like a good way to start). And before reading your replacement idea for Gengar, I was going to recommend that also for a spin blocker and a fighting immunity, or even a Chandy for Flash fire when they try to pick of Excadrill.

Don't you think you quite abuse of Life Orb and life loss while the only 2 HP recovery moves you got are Recover and a Pain Split? A Tyranitar could be:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Sassy @ 252 HP 252 Sp. Atk 4 Sp. Def (EVs are messed up, this is just a scratch)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam / Superpower
- Pursuit / Crunch

Thanks a lot for your ratings :)

And before reading your replacement idea for Gengar, I was going to recommend that also for a spin blocker and a fighting immunity, or even a Chandy for Flash fire when they try to pick of Excadrill.
Jellycent would also do a great job but the gengar idea from Kemmi was just awesome!

But i still don't know which set i should use :/

Don't you think you quite abuse of Life Orb and life loss while the only 2 HP recovery moves you got are Recover and a Pain Split?
Well i love the orb ^^

Gliscor > will get toxic orb and his dreamworld ability / or leftovers and the moveset i posted
Tyranitar > i am not sure if the SpAtk set is better for my team.. Now with Gengar and Hydreigon as Sp sweepers?
what do you think about:

Tyranitar
@ choice Band
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe (Adamant)

~ Fire Punch
~ Crunch
~ Stone Edge
~ Stealth Stones

Excadrill > Guess lifeorb is better then baloon :/
Hydreigon > I've Taunt in his moveset so a "choice" item will suck ;D
Reuniclus > I could change the orb on Reuniclus but that won't matter anyway ;D
Gengar > Depends on the set i will take... which set do you like more? :)

Thanks
Kraet :)

Your team is really weak to Scrafty and Zoroak if it carries the focus blast. Breloom is a massive threat as well with it's stab grass and focus blast after spore when gliscor does down.

Gliscor
@ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe (Impish)

~ Swords Dance
~ Earthquake
~ Facade
~ Taunt

yeahhh SD on an Impish Gliscor, no thanks...run fling + Acrobatics instead of Facade + SD.

Thanks for your rating :)

yeahhh SD on an Impish Gliscor, no thanks...run fling + Acrobatics instead of Facade + SD.
Thanks a lot for that gread advice! - Changed! :D

I'm really happy with my Teamsetup but i still i am not sure about my gengar set... Would Painsplit/Substitute Moveset be better?

Guess my Team isn't that bad anymore.
Thanks a lot for the help! :D

I am going to start breeding soon.
But i'm still thinking about changing the Tyranitar/Gengar movesets...
I would be very thankful about one or two more ratings :)

Thanks in advance
Kraet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)