Other OU Teambuilding Competition Round 5 [Entries OPEN See Post #294]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It was a really tough choice for me, but I think Halcyon has my vote. That Intimidate core is sexy as fuck and gives two of his win conditions many opportunities to setup on physical attackers, especially Scizor. Wacan Berry Manaphy is a hilarious Thundurus lure that keeps it from stopping it cold during a sweep, which is amazing. CB Dragonite is rarely seen in today's metagame because of Clefable and Azumarill running around, but Scizor can handle most of the Fairy-types very easily, and it breaks through special walls like Chansey and bulky Water-types that might keep Manaphy from sweeping.

LoDart210 -This is the most fun I've had with a team in a while, and it helped me peak at 1450 (which isn't that great, but impressive for my skill)

Sorry for the delay everyone. Round 3 Voting is over.

Results:
Halcyon: 10
Subject 18: 8
Lodart210: 2
Acestriker19: 2
Mowtom: 1

Halcyon., is the winner for Round 3 and will have his vote doubled in future voting rounds and his team will be added to the Hall of Fame. Congratulations to him!

Thank you to everyone who submitted a team.

The core for Round 4 of OUTC will be:

Clefable and Mega Charizard X

+

Charizard may have been a laughing stock in terms of competitive Pokemon in the past, however with Generation 6, Charizard is now laughing in the faces of those who mocked him. With great overall bulk and a typing change with its Mega form, Charizard X can pull of a wide range of sets from the standard Dragon Dance to the Defensive Will-o-Wisp set. Having the movepool that it possesses combined with its bulky and typing, Charizard is a really versatile Pokemon that is hard to prepare for and is justifiably one of the best Pokemon in the Gen 6 OU metagame.

Clefable was also a recipient of some new tools. A new typing, STAB moves turned it into a strong support Pokemon. Being able to stop several setup sweepers cold is something that is really a blessing to have in a meta where setup sweepers are omnipresent. Clefable thrives in stall and Bulky offense team, and where it can be a cleric and a potential sweeper. After receiving many buffs, Clefable is now a force to be reckoned with in the current metagame.

Entries are due Monday, March 10th.

Discussion of the core is highly encouraged and welcome. Good luck to everyone and have fun.

Feeling like a bulky Charizard-X set would be great with an Unaware CM Clefable.

Spread some burns around with Charizard (I think the Bulky Roost-WoW-EQ-Fire Punch/Flare Blitz set would be best), and if you're running the physically bulky Unaware CM Clefable, you'll be able to late-game sweep (still gotta watch out for powerful special attackers who can 2HKO you through 1 CM boost, because you're slow: example would be Specs Keldeo).

Feeling like a bulky Charizard-X set would be great with an Unaware CM Clefable.

Spread some burns around with Charizard (I think the Bulky Roost-WoW-EQ-Fire Punch/Flare Blitz set would be best), and if you're running the physically bulky Unaware CM Clefable, you'll be able to late-game sweep (still gotta watch out for powerful special attackers who can 2HKO you through 1 CM boost, because you're slow: example would be Specs Keldeo).
Dude submit a team :D

Also that's totally what I was thinking, except with a more offensive clefable in mind XD

I already have two seperate stall teams with both of these in mind, however I'm not sure how to mix them quite yet. I might even end up just sitting this round out as I'm working on finishing the alpha version of a stall team I'm pretty proud of. However, if i may suggest semi-stall, I do believe that Zard-X, no matter how you put it, will always be limited by that rock weakness. He's incredibly good on stall when he gets that free switch, the free attack, and he has near-perfect coverage (I think it is perfect when EQ is added) in his stabs. For any semi-stall/stall sets, roost is necessary but willowisp might even be forgone in favor of a fire stab to clear threats like ferrothorn and skarmory.

Hi, competitive scrub here but I wanted to say that I've had a lot of luck both with bulky WoW Zard X and Magic Guard Defensive+CM Clefable, but like you said on two separate teams I built on Showdown. Unfortunately Zard X suffers from 4 MSS. WoW, Dragon Claw, Roost, EQ and Fire Punch/Flare Blitz all have their benefits/drawbacks.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 244 Def / 252 HP / 12 Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Aromatherapy

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SAtk / 12 Atk
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 SDef / 16 HP
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

I've recently found that a three type core helps me when building teams. In this case, it is Fairy/Steel/Fighting core. Clefable is obviously the Fairy of choice, due to it being one of two target Pokémon. The Unaware set allows me to take care of certain sweepers that would potentially rip the team, Talonflame comes into mind, It also acts as the team's cleric, making sure the sweeper or whoever is needed, like Excadrill, to get rid of the status, that will almost always be burns or be healed up by Wish support coming from a Pokémon with a solid amount of HP.

Aegislash, had to be the blade form due to issues with the shield image, breaks down Pokémon who don't want to go down so Charizard can finish them off, examples of these include Rotom, Azumarill and Dragonite. It can also finish off Pokémon with its priority attacks if Charizard has already gone down.

Conkeldurr is now top fighting type, meaning it will almost always be the one of choice in my teams unless something like Keldeo or Terrakion can fill more important roles in the team, its decent physical bulk alongside the Assault Vest allow it to fill the role of a tank quite effectively. The Guts ability also allows it to become a status absorber and proceed to start punching holes through particular Pokémon that would otherwise be a problem, like Mandibuzz and Landorus-T.

Charizard-X is the second target Pokémon. It is the team's sweeper and usually comes in mid-game, usually when Conkeldurr and Aegislash have wrecked what could be troublesome and if Excadrill has taken care of anything that dares use Stealth Rock. Dragon and Fire are nearly unresisted, why does Azumarill have to spoil the fun? Despite that little hiccup though, it will otherwise rip through unprepared teams and use Roost if anyone tries to stop it.

Excadrill is what keeps Charizard alive, and allows it to score more KOs. Stealth Rock allows it to rack up damage on those pesky Pokémon that could potentially survive Charizard, like Sturdy and Sash users. It also has the distinct honor of being able to stop Heatran and Tyranitar, who would otherwise be large issues for Charizard. Air Balloon allows it to spin whilst Gliscor, Landorus and Garchomp give looks say “why do we even bother?”

Rotom-W allows for safe switch ins against stuff like Talonflame and Landorus-T and crippling whatever it can find. Volt Switch can also whittle down health for something like Aegislash for nail to nail in with priority, bonus points for having good synergy with the possessed sword. It will usually be how I start a battle. This is because the new metagame has quite the emphasis on pivots and crippling, meaning it has the advantage when it comes to being a lead.

Last edited:

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Def / 48 Spd
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 228 HP / 60 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SDef / 12 Spd
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Megahorn
- Drill Run
- Knock Off

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Landorus-T: Landorus-T is a really amazing Stealth Rock setter, & a really amazing Pokémon in general, providing both Stealth Rock & Intimidate support for the team, while also being the first part of my Volt-Turn core for the team. Landorus-T also acts as my offensive pivot, & can take care of some troublesome Pokémon for my team.

Rotom-W: Rotom-W is tops in the usage statistics consistently for a good reason. This guy acts as my secondary Pivot & my sole Talonflame counter, while also being the secondary part of my teams Volt-Turn core. This guy is really amazing at taking on bulky Waters & Flying type Pokémon that may pose a threat to my team in general.

Latios: Latios is my #1 choice for an offensive Defogger, while also being the teams primary hard hitting Special Attacker. I run this set with a little bit of a twist, I run Earthquake, which enables Latios to lure in Heatran & Tyranitar, expecting to eat a Draco Meteor, then getting smacked with an Earthquake, which OHKOs the former & has a good chance at getting a 2HKO on the latter after SR (The latter needs to be hit on the switch)

Clefable: Clefable is a really amazing Pokémon, blessed with the Fairy Typing, is my teams primary Dragon switch in, Wish Passer, & my cleric. While at first glance her defensive stats of 95 / 75 / 90 may not seem like much, but when invested, she can take on a lot of hits. I went the Specially Defensive route, due to Landorus-T taking the role of my Physical Defender.

Escavalier: Escavalier is a really amazing & underrated Pokémon, & with Assault Vest, it makes for a great Physical Attacker & great secondary choice for taking on some strong Special Attacks. Knock Off is just an excellent move in general, catching all Switch-Ins by surprise, making most useless without their precious held item. Drill Run is really nice for catching non Balloon Heatran on the switch.

Mega Charizard-X: Finally we come to the star of the team, the always devastating Mega Charizard-X with his now famous Dragon Dance set. Tough Claws increases the power of moves that make contact by an amazing 1.33%. After a Dragon Dance, he is pretty much unstoppable, as there are few safe switch ins to him once he gets going. Not even Heatran can switch into this behemoth, as he is KO'd by Earthquake, granted it's Balloon is popped or it lacks one altogether.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Team MIAF

Subject 18 (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Don (Clefable) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell

MCBarrett (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Toxic
- King's Shield

Shartruce2 (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind

ShootingFaget (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 184 SAtk / 72 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog

Gary2346 (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 SDef / 16 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

This team is based around bulky DD Mega Charizard X sweep. The first thing I noticed when I saw the core was Clefable's ability to counter other Dragon Pokemon as well as its ability to support Charizard with Heal Bell. This is excelent as it can provide me with a way right off the bat of luring in and taking out Thundurus. Some people depend on Thundurus as a last resort check to setup sweepers like Charizard X by Thunder Waving it before it has a chance to break through the rest of the team. However, with Clefable, I can force Thundurus to come in and T-wave, kill it off with Dragon Claw, and then later Heal Bell with Clefable and attempt for a sweep again. Wish also helps in this way, as it can be passed to Charizard in order to fuel a secondary sweep. Next we have the real star of the show, Sub Toxic Aegislash, which I believe is the natural best Pokemon for this core. It does a fantastic job of luring in Pokemon like Hippowdon (and to a lesser extent, Mandibuzz), which threaten to prevent a Charizard sweep and cripple them with Toxic. Once they have been sufficiently worn down, sweeping with Charizard becomes much easier. It's honestly such an amazing Pokemon right now, and has been very useful in SPL (I believe Masterclass used it against C05ta). Skarmory provides the team with Stealth Rock, and it helps to check certain threats that give the team trouble, mainly things like Azumarill, Tyranitar, Scarf Landorus, Garchomp, Mega Gyarados, and Mega Pinsir. However, the team was extremely weak to Mega Charizard Y, so I added Latias, which not only checks it, but also provides the team with Defog support. I had considered Healing Wish in the last slot, but I wanted Latias to have as much survivability as possible, since removing rocks is highly important. But I wanted a secondary check (Pursuit is a bitch) to both Keldeo and Charizard Y, and the team was pretty weak to Greninja as well, so I thought Azumarill was a nice addition. With Assault Vest, it's able to take a lot of hits, and with Wish Support from Clefable, it can take multiple hits throughout the match. Heatran is a major pain for this team and Azumarill is usually my main switch in for it.

Also based nicknames imo :]

Last edited:

EVs: 248 HP / 88 SDef / 172 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Will-O-Wisp

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 244 Def / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SDef / 12 Spd
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Aromatherapy

Bisharp (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Well, I usually don't participate in these competitions but since it just so happened that right before this core came up, I had made this team (albeit with 2-3 different members) centered around these 2 mons. Anyways, I've actually been using this team to ladder on an alt (alexji2) on PSD and started off 6-5 with a Chansey which was replaced by AV Goodra and then Bisharp. I also had Scarfed Rotom-W over Thundurus. Since those changes, I've gone roughly 70-25 and currently at around 1830 (65 on ladder) I planned on making an RMT with my thought process on these changes but since this is just a team building thing, I won't get into that.

Charizard X: This bulky set is unbelievable, it surprises so many of its counters such as Azumarill and completely destroys Bisharp(although it doesn't really threaten Char-X). It's bulk is insane and spread burns plus still hitting hard with STAB Dragon Claw. 172 speed to outspeed max Heatran to earthquake before the ancient power.

Skarmory: Defogger, just like any team with Charizard needs. Rocky Helmet>Leftovers to rack up some nice damage on Azumarill and Pinsir. Also has great synergy with Charizard as it stops Excadrill, Garchomp and DNite. Also stops the physical ice attacks aimed at Thundurus and Landorus. Him paired with Char-X completely stops standard Mega-Saur.

Thundurus: I run it as a sweeper and checks Char-Y if I make a wrong play (have to be careful against it, usually switching between Clefable and Zard X to stall out sun). I don't use Thunderwave as I feel that the team is lacking in a sweeper although T-Wave helps against faster special threats like the Lati's.

Landorus-T: I love this set, bulky lando helps check so many threats. Him along with Skarmory plus burn handles all the physical threats in OU. Stealth Rock setter and 12 speed to outspeed 44 speed and 48 speed creep Rotom-W.

Clefable: So far, the physical threats are all well taken care of between the trio of Skarmory Zard and Lando. Clefable is here for the inevitable burns, paralyze, toxics as well as passing decent sized wishes to the team. Unaware over magic guard as special boosters and dragon booster are still not fun to play against when set up. Moonblast for obvious stab and hits Bisharp for about 50%. Greninja gives this team trouble and Clefable handles him well.

Bisharp: Hits all the fast Psycic types and traps them. I feel pursuit is more useful than SD as hitting hard and eliminating those psycic types (Lati's, Starmie, Alakazam, non-Dark Greninja)

Thanks for your consideration, and if you decide to test this team, good luck! Will be making an RMT with more in depth info, thoughts and calcs! Critiques and advice are also welcome.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-96094120
Not the best replay, but shows how Zard Y is usually dealt with.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-96325096
Another one that really showcases Zard-X, Skarm, and Clefable.

Last edited:

Importable:
Charizard (M) @ Charizardite X
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Aromatherapy

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute

Excadrill (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spd
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Toxic
- Roost

Explanation:
When I saw the core, I immediately thought "bulky offense", but the result of my team turned out to be more of a balanced offensive team. I went with a bulky DD set for Charizard X, and the Unaware + Calm Mind set for Clefable. In practice, I ended up not using Charizard X most of the time; the rest of my team just did most of the work. Unaware Clefable is so deceptively bulky; it's hilarious to see boosters try to set up in front of Clefable and then not deal enough damage to KO it even at +6, so I use it as a lure to boosting sweepers and set up Calm Mind on them. It's a shame Soft-Boiled + Aromatherapy is illegal on Clefable; I've had some situations where I was afraid to use Moonlight because of its low PP.

The rest of my team is actually from another team that I made, but in practice I felt that it works better for this team. Kyurem-B is my answer to a lot of things; once it comes in safely behind a sub, it just murders things while a lot of hits fail to KO it before it does significant damage. Scarf Excadrill is fantastic; I find its ability to outspeed and revenge Talonflame, Mega Pinsir and Thundurus with Rock Slide while tanking their priority attacks to be a great asset to my team. Scarf Rapid Spin may seem like a weird choice, but a fast Rapid Spin is incredibly helpful when I needed to sac Excadrill. I used Keldeo as a secondary wallbreaker and my answer to Chansey. Between Kyu-B and Keldeo, not a lot of things can withstand their onslaught so Clefable, Excadrill and Charizard X can clean up. Finally, Zapdos is my primary defensive Pokemon. I used the Specially Defensive Zapdos set because it can still take hits from the main Flying-type moves - er, flying around the tier while also surviving special hits and retaliating with Toxic/one of its other attacks. Pressure is also a godsend; I had a match where I managed to stall out M-Aerodactyl's Stone Edge, which threatened Charizard's and Kyu-B's ability to break through the rest of the opponent's team.

Regarding my team's weaknesses: although I haven't faced one yet, Landorus-I feels like a big threat, with only Zapdos as my check - and even then Zapdos can only Toxic while taking a lot of damage from Rock Slide. Sand Rush Excadrill also managed to tear through my team once; basically anything faster than Scarf Excadrill that can also take out Clefable is a threat to my team. Finally, +2 Bisharp is probably my worst nightmare, since nothing in my team can take a +2 Sucker Punch.

Well, that's pretty much it. pls be gentle

Also, how do you label the hide tags? Sorry, kinda new here.

Idyll

my favorite poem was the one i read to youuuuuuuuu
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Hmm, I've been thinking of making a semi-stall out of this core, with Char-X setting up and Clefable doing some stallbreaking antics ala Reuniclus, but I'm not sure... D:
Also, how do you label the hide tags? Sorry, kinda new here.
Just add an = sign after the "hide", ala <hide=importable> and such.

Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 SDef / 252 HP / 12 Spd
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Protect

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Scizor @ Expert Belt
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse
- Vacuum Wave

Mega-Charizard X: a DD sweeper set with Roost instead of Dragon Claw. Why? Because I find Dragon Claw to be pretty useless. It is only SE against dragons. But slower dragons will often switch out and faster dragons can OHKO Zard X (presumably with Outrage). So I used Roost over Dragon Claw to heal off the recoil from Flare Blitz.

Clefable: Unaware to handle set up sweepers more easily. I won't miss the protection from Magic Guard anyway, because of Aromatherapy. I invested in SpDef as I already have Slowbro as physical wall. Moveset is pretty standard I guess. Moonblast hits hard enough even when uninvested. Wish + Protect to heal itself or teammates. Aromatherapy to deal with status moves.

Slowbro: My physical wall. It forms a solid core with Zard X and Clefable because of its typing. Clefable is weak to Steel and Poison. Slowbro resists Steel and can threaten Poison types with Psychic. Zard X is weak to Ground and Rock; both are weak to Water. Slowbro is weak to Grass, Bug, Dark and Electric; all are handled by Clefable, Zard X bar Electric, which is handled by Thundurus-T. As for moves - Scald to burn physical attackers, Psychic as coverage, Slack Off + Toxic to stall.

Scizor: My physically offensive / utility poke. Defog to get rid of hazards (vital to any Charizard team really). U-turn to form VoltTurn core with Thundurus. Knock Off because it's such a spammable move. Bullet Punch as priority STAB.

Thundurus-T: My revenge killer. Very few can outspeed Scarfed Thundurus-T. Volt Absorb to take Electric hits for Slowbro. Forms VoltTurn core with Scizor. Moveset designed to hit SE against as many types as possible.

Lucario: I could not settle on a sixth member for a long time. In the end I discovered how annoying Bisharp is, especially with Sucker Punch. With Lucario outspeeding Bisharp, and Vacuum Wave being in the same priority bracket as Sucker Punch, Luke becomes my Bisharp check. I went with mixed Lucario. I invested in SpAtk. When people switch in their special wall, I hit them hard with STAB Close Combat, which has a good damage output even when uninvested. I don't expect Lucario to live long anyway so I slapped on Life Orb to make sure it hits really hard.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-96159016

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-96171111

Finally just some replays I guess :p
Zard X shone in the first one while Clefable proved its worth in the second one.

Edit:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-96567854
Thundurus-T is a good lead against two common leads - Rotom-W and Landorus, doing ~50% with Volt Switch and OHKOing Lando with HP Ice. My mixed Lucario really stood out - reliable Bisharp counter and surprise factor in OHKOing specially defensive Heatran with Close Combat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)