Project OU Teambuilding Competition V7 (Round 6: Building)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

credits to justinjiaxinghu :D

OU Teambuilding Competition V7

Hi. Scotti went MIA, so I'm taking this over again. By now you should know what this project is, but if you don't for whatever reason, I'll briefly explain it. Every week I will post a Pokemon or core of Pokemon. It is your job to build a successful team around these Pokemon. Once you have done so, PM your team to me with the format shown below. You have roughly five days to do so. Once these five days are up, submissions will be closed and I will start the voting period. The voting period, which will last for about two days, will be when everyone casts one vote for their favorite team. At the end of this period, the winner will be announced and the process will repeat itself. Below are the rules, and everything else you may need to know.

Rules
  1. Entry Submission: PM your team to me. Do not post it in the thread. By now, y'all should know this. If it's posted in the thread, I will get a moderator to delete it (most likely AM since he runs fkin errythang). PM it to me and follow the format that is shown below in the sample team. I reserve the right to reject any team\s that do not follow this rule. If you can't spend 5 minutes formatting your team, then I won't spend any putting it in with all the others.
  2. Disputes / Copying: Obviously, there is potential for disputes over copying or people making similar entries. In general, if your team entry has the same Pokémon and similar move sets to an earlier entry, it will be disqualified. If anyone tries to abuse this by reserving an early post in the thread for their entry, please bring it to my attention and they'll be disqualified.
  3. Discussion and Team Changes: One part of the process is to have discussion about the teams and the core. While I'd like to keep this from being a speedy RMT thread, suggestions of improvements to entered teams are allowed. In the interests of fairness though, I'd ask that any suggestions don't involve anything more major than move set changes, and that if you've already submitted a team you won't change the Pokémon in it. Basically, just be sure that you're happy with the team before you send it in.
  4. No Bandwagonning: Simple rule: try to not support someone simply because you recognized his nick or because he/she has a shiny trophy. Vote for who you want to win, not who your friend wants you to vote for. Obviously it'll be hard to enforce this, but please use some common sense.
  5. Make sure that the teams you post are for the core that I post. I won't even acknowledge your PM if you give me a team featuring Chansey, Skarmory, Quagsire, Cresselia, Gothitelle, and Mega Sableye if the core posted is Bisharp and Mega Gallade.

Below is an example of the format you will be PMing to me. Remember to follow this format exactly. Failure to do so may result in me rejecting your team. If you can't spend five minutes formatting your team, I won't spend five minutes posting your team when voting time comes. Remember, do not post your team in the thread. PM it to me.

Credit to the team goes to Tokyo Tom

This is a team I made originally for the Mawilite Suspect Ladder, revolving around Mienshao to scout items and beat common leads at the time (such as SashMamo, Breloom, SashChomp, or SR setters like Landorus-T and Ferro etc.), and Charizard-X which is probably the most broken Mega left in XY OU. HP Ice Mienshao and EQ Latios pushed significant damage on DD Zard-X's premier counters, Landorus-T and Heatran, opening the way for Zard-X to potentially sweep lategame. Additionally, the core of Mienshao / SpexKou / ScarfLando-T offered a fast VoltTurn chain that could easily break down the opponents checks with very little prediction and Stealth Rock support from one of the sturdiest SR setters in the game, Ferrothorn. The concept began as a fun team but the team did see some success as Ben Gay used it to peak #1 on the Mawilite Suspect Ladder, and was one of the teams he used to peak #1 more recently on the actual OU ladder, during the first cycle of the Smogon Ladder Tournament. Overall, a neat little offensive team focused on luring threats and keeping momentum to wear down the opponent, opening them up for almost any of the Pokemon to clean up lategame.

Dark Fantasy (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 88 HP / 216 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Outrage

Devil in a New Dress (Mienshao) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 32 HP / 232 Atk / 244 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Hidden Power ice

All of the Lights (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Psyshock

Lost in the World (Raikou) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 8 Def / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch

Hell of a Life (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Power (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 24 HP / 248 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hall of Fame:

Round 1: Mega Garchomp + Tyranitar / Hippowdon: Nuanda92

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Heatran @ Chople Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 88 HP / 220 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Taunt

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Cross Poison
- Defog
- Roost
- Super Fang

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Rock Slide

Round 2: Serperior + Mega Charizard X: Puralux

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Taunt
- Dragon Pulse

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 136 HP / 248 Atk / 124 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 104 HP / 152 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 116 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

Round 3: Hippowdon + Skarmory: Subject 18

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Dragon Dance

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power Ice

Round 4: Feraligatr + Tyrantrum: You...You...

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 132 HP / 124 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
Here are the teams from last round, Mega Chomp + TTar/Hippo. Voting will end Friday.

Team 1:

OMG, team is original and funny, i'm started by Mega Chomp and Scarfttar to have a Balance Breaker and an Offense breaker and a pursuitter of speedmons that kill chomp like as Lati@s and stuff, after, i choice Keldeo to break Stall Team with cm Substitute.
Heatran is a good solution to place stealth rock and work good with triple defensive core break any fatmon like Mew, Clefable eccetera that annoy my first core. Chople berry is 4 Kazam and gardevoir that's annoyng my team.

Choice of bulky Crobat allow me to check fairy and revengekill them with Cross Poison, he avoid 2kho by +1 return of Altaria and evs spread is just to outspeed Tornadus-T and 2kho Altaria with Cross poison. Super fang is a good soluton to hit strong every switchin and give them 50% damage (not bad 4 Landorus-T and stuff like him.) Last choice Tangrouth, I wanted a good wall fat that can absorb shocks of any kind... He controll especially water type Pokemon and ground type like Landorus-T and especially L-Orb Excadrill.
Probably team is not perfect but is very funny and original, vote it!!!

Garchomp @ Garchompite
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Heatran @ Chople Berry
EVs: 88 HP / 220 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Taunt

Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Cross Poison
- Defog
- Roost
- Super Fang

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Rock Slide

Team 2:

Explanation:
As great as Hippo is in the current meta, Mixed TTar is amazing when running Sand Offense. Fire Blast for Skarm (and Ferro), and Ice Beam for Hippo, Chomp, and Lando-T help immensely for M-Chomp to break through teams and Exca to clean up late game.

Mixed Chomp is kinda shit in this meta tbh. Outside of hitting Helmet Chomp with Draco, there's no upside to it since Rotom-W just Pain Splits off the damage at -2, and Hippo runs a lot of SpDef and won't take any real damage from Draco or non invested EQ. SD Chomp is criminally underrated atm, and SD M-Chomp hits even harder than LO Chomp iirc. Stone Edge does a shit ton to all these SpDef Skarms at +2, especially in the Sand. Helps a lot with annoying Mandibuzz and Zapdos too (Togekiss as well) so Exca can shit on everything with LO EQ. The speed on Chomp is to outspeed standard Manaphy while in Mega form to be able to get off EQ damage if worst comes to worst.

TornT and Rotom-W form a nice defensive VoltTurn core (and provide ground immunities) that checks a fairly large chunk of the meta, and Clef is an additional defensive pivot that provides general T-Wave support that benefits M-Chomp, and a great wincon with CM. [not running 44 Spe on Rotom-W because, let's be honest, no one has used Jolly Azu since around the time M-Lucario was still in OU, 8 Spe allows you to outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt and to have as much bulk as possible.]

Pretty simple, fun, and efficient team all in all, though it relies a lot on Exca on beating a lot of speed boosters (bar Gyara and Gatr which Rotom can handle decently well).

Importable:
Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Atk / 156 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 136 HP / 120 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-Turn

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Team 3:

I was delighted to see that the core this week was Hippo + M-Garchomp as I already have a team that I really like built around them. The team revolves around supporting a SubSD Sand Veil > Sand Force Garchomp sweep evident by the Thunder Wave and reliable Wish + U-turn support from Jirachi (and Celebi if you choose to use t-wave). In that way, Garchomp acts more as a late game sweeper once everything has been paralyzed. That's when you abuse Sand Veil + Parahax until you get a free +2 Atk Sub and plow through the team with a base 170 Atk. The second win-con of this team is a SubCM Keldeo, which can also abuse the Wish/T-Wave support and provides excellent offensive pressure along with Garchomp as Keldeo can resist the Ice- and Water- moves aimed at Hippo and Garchomp.

Keldeo + Jirachi create a pretty awesome core together, especially for this team, as SDef Jirachi is one of the best switch-ins to special Dragons and Fairies that threaten the first 3 members and get a free T-Wave off for the rest of the team. Keldeo is a great answer to many offensive threats that trouble this team, like Weavile, Bisharp, and Mega Gyarados. Paired with Wish support from Jirachi, it's easy to keep Keldeo healthy enough to check these mons throughout the battle, especially because Jirachi is pretty much a free switch for Bisharp, which is a free switch for Keldeo. Nasty Plot SDef Celebi (a pretty underrated threat) was added to the team because it's the best Rotom-W check in the game, acts as a status absorber, is a reliable Keldeo switch-in, spreads paralysis (if using T-Wave over Giga Drain), and threatens many balance cores. Finally, Excadrill was added because it acts as a blanket revenge killer and Rapid Spinner. Even though 5/6 of this team resists Stealth Rock, all 6 are susceptible to Spikes, so having a Rapid Spinner is a great asset. Excadrill really holds this team together as it slaughters offense, checks Mega Altaria, sweeps late-game, weakens stuff like Rotom-W and Landorus-T for Garchomp, and revenge kills basically every offensive mon that threatens this team.

As for the EV spreads, Hippo is physically defensive to deal with Talonflame and Bisharp. Garchomp is bulky enough to take Slowbro's Scald with a Sub, outspeed Timid Gardevoir before Mega Evolving and Timid/Jolly Altaria, all while retaining max power to 2HKO Clefable and Quagsire in Sand. Keldeo has enough def EVs to always be able to Sub on an Adamant Black Glasses Bisharp Knock Off after its item has been Knocked Off as well as Adamant Mega Scizor's U-turn / Bullet Punch. Jirachi has 0 Spe and 30 Spe IVs so that it can always U-turn last against other slow base 100s like Celebi and Mew to reliably get Wishes in on Garchomp and Keldeo. A Sassy nature is preferred if you're using Thunder, which gets surprise damage on Skarmory, which is something that otherwise troubles this team. Celebi has enough Speed to outspeed Jolly TTar so it can potentially knock it out with a +2 Giga Drain in case it's a fast CB variant. Excadrill outspeeds Scarf Lati@s in Sand, which is pretty much the most important benchmark. The extra HP allows Excadrill to always take two Adamant Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Birds and still not die after a Life Orb hit.

I've used this team for awhile now, and the biggest issues that I've encountered are Gengar and Skarmory. Luckily, everything but Excadrill can live at least 1 LO Gengar hit and do something back, but a well played Gengar saved for late-game can be troublesome if everything is weakened. Whirlwind Skarmory is a problem as it can prevent Garchomp and Celebi from setting up on it and the only way to really take it down is with Keldeo. That's why Thunder is slashed on Jirachi if you think your opponent will bring a Skarm. Luckily, if Skarmory doesn't have Whirlwind, Celebi and Garchomp can actually weaken it one-on-one. Finally, Celebi's Giga Drain vs Thunder Wave choice is entirely player-specific. Psychic hits everything that Celebi wants to hit anyway, such as Breloom, Rotom-W, Venusaur, Gengar, Keldeo, Serperior, etc. Giga Drain is nice to hit Rotom-W extra hard to punish them for Volt-Switching instead of hard switching as well as heal while doing damage. It's also the only way to hit TTar and Mega Sableye, but Keldeo does a pretty good job of checking them anyway. Unfortunately, it's ORAS, so fixing problems with Skarmory and Gengar will only open new holes where new threats are problematic.

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Veil -> Sand Force
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

EVs: 84 Def / 172 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Wish
- Thunder Wave / Thunder
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave / Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Recover

Excadrill @ Life Orb
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

team 4:

Garchomp @ Garchompite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 44 Def / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Slack Off
- Earthquake

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

This is my take on an MChomp+Hippo team. I have hazards outta the wazoo,and a Bisharp+Starmie to control the hazards game. Chople Ferro is a lure to eliminate Keldeo which is a pain for Bisharp to deal with otherwise,while the Garchomp set is a neat bit of innovation that can bluff a Mix'd set and then go to town late game after its check have been weakened enough. Lum Berry on Bisharp is to help me setup/kill Mew if it is in on Sharp and decides to be cute and WoW me,the Talonflame here is a really solid glue, holding everything together,checking ZardY,Gengar,Lando-I and various other things that the rest of the team doesn't want to deal with,Chople Ferro also lets me stay in stuff like MVoir and other stuff that normally really threatens balance. Starmie is obviously here for Rapid Spin,but also serves a role on the team as my second Keldeo,I obviously need to have a secondary Keldeo check in case of facing Keldeo+Pursuit builds hence the Chople Ferrothorn. This team thrives on whittling down threats into range for SD Garchomp which is a terrific late game sweeper,especially with the help of hazards which this team adequately provides.

This team thrives on controlling hazards be it through Bisharp or via Rapid Spin with Starmie,so it becomes quickly apparent that MSableye can be a pain for this team and to a lesser extent MDiancie. MSableye is taken care of by Bulk Up Talonflame,while Mixed Defensive Hippowdon,and Ferrothorn check MDiancie reasonably well. Sand Force Mega Garchomp needs very little help to plough through opposing teams,especially after an SD,but there will be times when it is to your adavantage to remain to not Mega Evolve to take advantage of base form Garchomp's higher base speed,so be sure to keep that in mind. Remember Mega Garchomp in the back is your wincon versus bulkier teams,so be sure not to let it get too weakened early game, Smooth Rock Hippowdon is also an option to give Mega Garchomp more turns to mess with the opponents team,but seeing as how its supposed to sweep late game I felt that Leftovers' passive recovery would be of more use to this team.

Team 5:

av slowking checks keld, starmie rids hazards. taunt torn-t to help break stall, opening the way for talon and sub megachomp to break through. i originally had future sight slowking, but the ability to hit keldeo immediately was too good. exca also just wasnt working out for me. i dont really have much of a teambuilding process just shoot me i mean i just pick 6 mons that look like they might work well and test it for a bit. chople ttar surprises things like zard-y and murders it (and random fighting moves, gengar, etc).

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Taunt
- U-turn

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Slowking @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 136 SpA / 32 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Substitute
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

team 6:

I started off by pairing TTar and Mega Chomp with Excadrill. This sand core has stellar offensive synergy and covers the major playstyles in 3 slots; balance and stall are dismantled by Mega Chomp while offense is dealt with by RushDrill. Next, Keldeo was looking like a threat and I didn't have any switch ins to things like Gengar and LO Starmie. Tornadus-T outspeeds the aformentioned, hits them super-effectively, and with AV, it comfortably tanks any hit they go for. For that, I added Torn-T to the team. Ferrothorn was the next pick cause I wanted spikes and a Mega Gyarados check. Finally, I added offensive Starmie to spin cause I didn't want it on Excadrill. Starmie is an additional Keld check and a decent response to BD Azumarill.

With that, I will go over some of the sets. TTar is Smooth Rock cause having those extra 3 turns to wreak havoc w/ the sand squad is great; Fire Blast is run on TTar to bop Ferros, Scizors, and Skarms (the latter two I possibly outspeed assuming they run little or no investment). I noticed that opposing Sand Rush Excadrills could be annoying so I put Air Balloon on my own Exca. Balloon not only helps vs opposing Drills but also vs DD Mega Altaria, Landorus-T, and Hippowdon. I decided to run Substitute in Excadrill's free moveslot cause I found Bisharp to be nasty. Plus when I expect my opponent to sac a mon or try to stall sand turns, sub gives me 2 free hits; the sub also helps vs status spammers such as M-Sableye. I went naive Chomp to outrun base 100s pre mega, and to outrun Mild Kyurem-B as well as neutral speed natured 100s post mega. I decided mixed wallbreaker Chomp was the way to go to destroy fat stuff (Slowbro, Skarm, etc) that could stand in Exca's way in addition to it maiming stall and balance builds.

Mega Lopunny is a threat that can 2HKO or OHKO everything on my team, so Chople Berry Ferrothorn was a cool way to mitigate that weakness. With Chople, I can put M-Lopunny in Excadrills EQ range with Gyro Ball. Other than that, the berry is nice for threats like Gengar, M-Gardevoir, Keldeo, and LO Alakazam. So yeah, that's the squad.

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock

Garchomp @ Garchompite
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 156 HP / 100 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt

team 7:

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Crunch

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Starmie @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Sand isn't my favourite playstyle, in fact I haven't liked weather in general since the change of the generation. However with this team I got to try out a really cool set I've been wanting to test for a while: Jolly SD MegaChomp. The beauty of the set is that it can not mega evolve until it needs to, and it can abuse its good speed pre Mega, outspeeding base 100s and under, before Mega evolving and slicing through teams with its immense power under sand. I decided to partner MegaChomp with SD Talonflame, an amazingly effective set, who can clean after Garchomp has torn holes through the opposing team. Additionally these two deal with Stall (Chomp) and Offence (Talonflame) giving this team a good win-con scope. Since I was running a sand team I decided to add in Excadrill who is far and away the best sand abuser and also annihilates offensive teams. Next I needed a spinner because I had a Talonflame. I used to have Rapid Spin on Excadrill but it really hinders Excadrill's ability to sweep and wallbreak plus I was looking really weak to Keldeo. Following that, after some consideration, I chose T-tar over Hippo as my sand setter for T-tar's offensive presence and ability to weaken Ferrothorn for Excadrill which is also why I have FB on MegaChomp. Finally I went with Ferrothorn in the last slot to be a more solid water resist, check pretty much half the meta including threats like Mega Altaria, Mega Gyarados (which is why I have power whip and Mega Diancie and give the team a hazard stacking element to it which is useful to wear down the opposing team. So yeah that's the team, it was really fun to use and build and I'm pretty happy with the final product.

team 8

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Endeavor
- Baton Pass

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power Electric

mega chomp is awesome, so when i saw this core posted i squeamed like a little girl. anyways, the team was built around megachomp, so ScarfTTar was an obvious teammate. it helps with the latis and it can revenge kill mons like talonflame, mega pinsir, etc. now i wanted hazard support, so i went with scolipede because it has the amazing toxic spikes. toxic spikes + megachomp is great because megachomp forces switches and the residual damage can rack up quickly. scoli also sets up normal spikes, which also helps ensure certain OHKOes with chomp, such as against max def hippo in sand. the final reason why i wanted scoli over another spiker is because baton pass. why? because a +1 speed megachomp is often gg for offense and balance. this is because megachomp often has to be revenge killed, and the only way to do that now is with a scarfer since it outspeeds even jolly mega aero/ timid zam. anyways, offensive heatran was added because i need stealth rock and its a good clef check with flash cannon, and magma storm can also help wear down certain mons in tandem with hazards. air balloon was chosen because its also my emergency check vs sand, and being able to take out an annoying landorus / garchomp / hippo can be great. latias is there so im not auto 6-0ed by keldeo, and for defog / healing wish support. while defog may seem counterproductive with spikes, it is a necessity in certain cases such as when im facing hazard stacking balance teams because otherwise spikes just wear me down to the point where im just dying to hazards. i rarely use it, but ive found it to be more useful than another coverage move. healing wish enables me to bring back a teammate after lati has done her job. finally, i went with scarf keldeo. dual scarfers is something that very few people expect, and it is also something that is very effective against offensive teams. keldeo is important because with hp elecric it ensures that i will not be swept by gyara setting up on ttars pursuit, and keldeo also enables me to beat lopunny, an otherwise huge threat to my team. keldeo is also one of my bisharp checks, alongside ttar and even megachomp in a pinch. Scarf Keldeo is also nice for really fast stuff like mega zam, aero, and beedrill, as they would otherwise outspeed everything should scoli be unable to bp to chomp / another mon.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battletower-ou-328270
this is me vs PDC and it showcases why +1 +2 Megachomp takes lives.

team 9

Importable:

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Knock Off

Talonflame
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Ice Punch

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Recover

Explanation:

okay, well I decided to go Tyranitar over Hippowdon, because Scarf Tyranitar beats The Lati Twins and gets the kill thanks to our set, which I'll get right into in a second.

Tyranitar:

Scarf Tyranitar is honestly a better team-mate for mega chomp and with scarf it puts its self in a decent speed tier allowing it to get unexpected kills and also pulls 50/50s with talonflame. While Hippowdon on the other hand can just be dead weight sometimes and looking at the core, mega chomp didn't seem right on a balanced team so we I with Hyper Offense. Finally, on to the sets My EV Spread is pretty standard on Scarf Tar as we basically need speed and power for HO, while giving it an alternative EV spread wouldn't help as much for the build of the team. We went with; Crunch // Pursuit // Stone Edge // Superpower. The reason we went double dark, all boils down to 50/50s with the Lati twins. Crunch is a great coverage option for the current metagame because of all those pesky Psychic types. Next we have Stone edge, Stone Edge + Pursuit basically causes 50/50s with Talonflame and other flying types, also great overage all around. Final move we have superpower, I decided to go superpower over EQ because Superpower hits balloon trans and Ferrothorns, and other namely Pokemon.

Mega-Garchomp:

This thing is honestly the most slept on mega right now. I have no clue why that is. Now, I don't always use Mega-Garchomp, but when I do, I shit on balance and Stall. One simply does not switch-in to Mega-Garchomp with this moveset, and depending on your opponents team, most of the time they have to either predict the right move to get a free switch and kill.....OR... sac something. +2 Sand Force EQ is not a switch-in regardless of if you resist it. Enough of me rambling, because I could easily go on. The EVs are standard, Base 170 Atk is stronk I decided to go with SD simply because I wanted to obviously hit as strong as possible. Next was EQ, this move is needed as it gets boosted in a sand storm thanks to it's ability and all around great coverage move. Next is Dragon Claw, this is also needed as it hits dragon types obviously, and levitate Pokemon such as Cresselia and mainly rotom-W. Last but not least, Fire Fang. For those annoying steel types. Namely Ferrothorn, Skarm, and Scizor. Helmet Chomp is the most common chomp set at the moment so if you can bluff that you're a helmet chomp, and you have those Landorus-T, Hippowdon, Ferrothorn, Skarm, etc that think you're going to Stealth Rock, you SD and bop those steels with Fire fang. R.I.P.

Seismitoad:

Now, at this point in time, I was kinda looking weak to volt-turn teams, rain teams, and had no rotom wash switch-ins. We also needed a stealth rocker so I decided to add a counter to all of those listed Pokemon and added a Seismitoad, and that gave the team so much more team support. I decided to go physically defensive to soak up and residual damage and unnecessary damage aimed towards Garchomp and Tyranitar. For the moveslots, we have Stealth Rock of course as I personally feel that every competitive team needs it. Next we have EQ. This I felt was needed for coverage options and it hits things pretty hard. Next was scald. Scald basically gives us burns on physical attackers that we come in on hence why we are physically defensive, shorter terms, fish for scald burns which can be crucial. Final move is Knock Off. Knock Off hits psychic types relatively hard even though we have no attack investment. It also comes in on rotom and knocks off it's lefties so Talonflame can better sweep.

Talonflame:

Talonflame acts as my revenge killer and sweeper. We desperately needed a fighting revenge killer. It also acts as a volcarona counter, and Serp check/revenge killer. All around fun and good mon to use and it fit perfectly with our team. The EVs are standard. Jolly so We can get off a brave bird before thundurus t-waves us. Also I feel like jolly is needed over Adamant this gen. I decided to leave Talonflame itemless so acrobatics does the most damage possible. Next move is Swords Dance, I used this because +2 Acro will do a hell of a lot to everything that switches in. If rotom-w decides to burn Seismitoad and get knocked off, it simply cannot keep switching into Acrobatics, it'll just get worn down easily. Next is roost. Roost was chosen because it needs it really, also helps against electric types when you roost, alleviating your electric weakness and also helps with opposing serps. Final move is flare blitz. This helps against steel types as previously stated and another Good STAB move with good coverage.

Jirachi:

At this point in time i desperately needed a fairy and dragon switch-in. I decided to go Scarf, because it outspeeds most of the tier. Allowing it to get crucial flinches as it outspeeds Mega-Lopunny. We basically needed a fast hard hitting steel so we went with the desired EV spread. Moving forward, we have iron head, not going to explain why we have it because it's fairly obvious. But I will say it's for flinch hax and fairy types, also ttars. next is u-turn. The key to Hyper offense is momentum. Losing it can be game changing and sometimes result in a horrible play out. So we added this for momentum and coverage. next, we have Healing wish. Healing wish isn't really all that common so we decided that it would be best to save our win-condition at any part of the game, and tied up with a choice scarf it almost guarantees a free healing wish. Final move was Ice Punch, this was just all team related and it makes sure that were not walled by ground types and thanks to serene grace it boosts it's chance of freezing with is really nice.

Latios:

Latios was my final choice because of multiple reasons. To name a few, it's my dedicated switch-in to keldeo because if you look at the team, we lack a switch-in. Another reason was defog. We needed this because we have a Pokemon 4x weak to rock and defog is pretty important. Latios also resides in a great Speed tier, allowing it to outspeed and check many threats such as Garchomp and Keldeo. In addition, it has a great Special Attack stat, coupled with an extremely strong move in Draco Meteor, making it a great sweeper. It is versatile in the roles it fulfills because it has tons of utility and support moves like Defog and doubles as one of the best offensive Defog users in OU. Furthermore, a decent defensive typing allows Latios to comfortably absorb hits from the likes of non-Knock Off Landorus and Keldeo and, as a result, gives it ample opportunities to switch in.
However, Latios is weak to the omnipresent Knock Off and Pursuit, which is amplified by the increase of Pursuit users such as Tyranitar and Steel-types such as Mega Metagross. Latios also resides in a crowded Speed tier and thus has to rely on Speed ties with opposing base 110s such as Mega Diancie and Gengar. Finally, it has underwhelming bulk, rendering it open to revenge killers and faster Pokemon such as Talonflame and Tornadus-T.
Now on to the EV spread. This EV spread is very standard so it allows us to hit as hard as possible. A few reasons I don't have Hidden Power is because our team really doesn't like Gengar and I'd rather risk a speed tie then flat out be slower. We have multiple scizor checks and Bisharp checks to really need a Hidden Power. Now into the sets. Draco meteor is obvious, Strong STAB and just hits like a nuke. Next is Psyshock. Psyshock allows me to smack fighting types really hard sometimes resulting in a KO depending on their spread and which pokemon is getting hit. It also helps a lot against Chansey which doesn't appreciate taking 40ish Percent. Next we have defog. This is simple, it alleviates our teams rock weakness and gives us hazard control. Final move is recover. This just allows us to take more hits and increase it's longevity.

That's it for the team explanation, hope you enjoy the team. Thanks!

I had to fix the formats for a few teams. Please follow the guidelines in the OP next time because I will not do it again. Thanks.

Unlucky Desperado

Banned deucer.
1 looks fucking sick
2 is so boring lol
3 looks cool except that its raped by mixed LO Thundy. Still a cool team, idk how to feel about 2 spdef walls but its honestly fine
4 is boring but not as boring as 2 lol
5 is cool except it can struggle a bit with bisharp
6 is probably built by ArchPhantom, legit team.
7 made me look at the teams again and check to see if it wasn't submitted already lol
8 is meh at least its not extremely standard
9 ik johnyiu likes seismitoad is this his? cool team

I'd rank 1,6,9,8,3,5,7,4,2 Team 1

Reactions: AM
Team 1 best squad AV tangrowth&chople berry heatran is nasty i like how crobat is the altaria slayer.

Team 2 its standart and boring, a disgusting water weakness 6/10

Team 3 looks good i like celebi but weavile 6-0 OHKOs this team.

Team 4 this is a copy & paste from team 2 with bisharp
Team This one its a really good squad but its weak to volt-turn still it has slowking which i love :3
Team 6 looks legit its better than team 2
Team 7 trys to be team 6
Team 8 no opinion looks good

Team 9 seems nice i like that u give a big fuck about scald unlike standart sand builds

So i choose team1.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I don't really like any of these tbh but I guess I'll just go with Team 8

Granted I'm picking Team 8 out of the theory of what it does but that replay was terrible to prove a point when it was just BP Scoli + M-Chomp and putting a noticeable name to say "I beat this guy with it, here's the merit to it over the others." Sorry not buying that.

Clone

Free Gliscor
I don't really like any of these tbh but I guess I'll just go with Team 8

Granted I'm picking Team 8 out of the theory of what it does but that replay was terrible to prove a point when it was just BP Scoli + M-Chomp and putting a noticeable name to say "I beat this guy with it, here's the merit to it over the others." Sorry not buying that.
Just for the record, there were other replays of that team in action but I wasn't able to include them because it revealed the builder. If you want to see them let me know.

Team 6.

People really are just voting/rating based off of which team is the least standard rather than which is the most solid. Team 1 is 6-0'd by CM Clef and DD Zard X once Heatran is weakened, which isn't hard since it doesn't have Leftovers and the form of hazard removal loses to virtually every hazard setter in the tier, plus it doesn't pack Taunt. But hey, who cares about Megagross, LO TornT, and DD EQ M-Alt running train, it has a fucking Crobat and Tangrowth!!

Not to be a dick (probably too late for that) but isn't the point of this thread is to showcase well-built teams that perform well in the meta they're made in? It's great to see a unique team posted, but there's no point of it has glaring flaws.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Team 6.

People really are just voting/rating based off of which team is the least standard rather than which is the most solid. Team 1 is 6-0'd by CM Clef and DD Zard X once Heatran is weakened, which isn't hard since it doesn't have Leftovers and the form of hazard removal loses to virtually every hazard setter in the tier, plus it doesn't pack Taunt. But hey, who cares about Megagross, LO TornT, and DD EQ M-Alt running train, it has a fucking Crobat and Tangrowth!!

Not to be a dick (probably too late for that) but isn't the point of this thread is to showcase well-built teams that perform well in the meta they're made in? It's great to see a unique team posted, but there's no point of it has glaring flaws.
Yeah but doesn't matter if none of them actually meet the last criteria you pointed out.

Team 8

While Hippowdon on the other hand can just be dead weight sometimes and looking at the core, mega chomp didn't seem right on a balanced team so we I with Hyper Offense
To whoever built team 9, idk what kind of sick hyper offense train you're conducting but my hyper offense teams usually don't need switch ins for everything. I.E "I added Seismitoad to switch into Rotom-W. I added Latois because there were no Keldeo switch ins. I added Jirachi because we desperately needed a dragon/fairy switch in." just my two cents because i get really defensive over hyper offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)