Project OU Teambuilding Competition V8 (Round 24: Building: Post #721 Page 29: Mega Latias + Togekiss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victini @ Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-Create
- Glaciate
- Grass Knot
- Psychic

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 72 HP / 220 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Roost

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimdate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Stealth Rock

So this is a basic heavy offense. First off I decided to roll with Mixed Lure Victini since it's jesus and takes out checks to Terrakion like Hippo, TankChomp, and Lando-T with Grass Knot and Glaciate. Psychic allows it to take out Mega Venu who could be annoying for Terrakion without an SD and 2hko Rotom. Went with Double Dance Terrakion cause on a whole faster teams are annoying as hell and gives you versatility in how you want to annoy the opposing team. Lum Berry is ran so it can get a kill against stall considering burns or paralysis. Latios was added for Defog support since everyone hates hazards and I needed a Keldeo check. Mega Scizor came next as Fairies pretty much screwed over Latios and Terrakion after Victini is gone and a secondary check to Weavile and Bisharp is always nice. I went with Offensive Roost + SD with U-Turn since it fits the team much better than Bulky SD can and the momentum gained from U-Turn is valuable for the current teammates. Since I pretty much failed against rain and waterspam, AV Azumarill was a logical choice as it gave a secondary Keldeo check and insurance against faster special attackers like Mega Zam and have nice synergy with the rest of the team as it offered a switchin for Mega Zard X who could slaughter the team given the chance to setup. Finally Adamant Earth Plate Lando-T was added for a sand check, Tflame Check, Stealth Rock setter, and cleaner alongside Terrakion and MScizor with Rock Polish. the EV Spread btw has it avoid the 2HKO completely from Adamant LO Exca's Iron Head while still outrunning Heatran. The decrease in attack doesn't make much of a difference considering it's running Adamant.

Last edited:

Victini @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Energy Ball
- Glaciate
- Focus Blast

Terrakion @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Scald
- Thunder Wave

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- U-turn

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 244 HP / 204 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Victini + Terrakion is the starting core of the team; I chose EBelt Victini set in order to baitkill bulky Ground mons like Hippowdown, Garchomp, Lando-T which are the biggest Terrakion threats, so I can give him more chances to sweep. I had chosen CB Terrakion set initially but after several tests I noticed that SubSalac works better because it is more unexpected and it helps me more against stuff like Charizard-X. I immediately decided to add Starmie into the core because it can support the duo, checking Keldeo (and other Water or Fighting mons) and Talonflame other than spinning. I noticed then a big weakness to Gengar, Alakazam, M-Manectric, Thundurus, M-Sableye and M-Lopunny so I put the Tornadus-T + Clefable core that covers all those weakness and gives me a solid rock setter, a thunder wave support and a great synergy with the rest of the team. I chose Venusaur as Mega for the last slot since it helps me against Landorus-Therian, and electrics, even though the main reason was that I needed a strong Water check for stuff like Crawdaunt (that's why I gave it 60 Speed EVs), Manaphy, etc. At last, M-Venusaur is a good check for Clefable that otherwise can give me troubles.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:

Victini @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Breloom @ Fist Plate
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Spore

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect
Double dance Terrakion is awesome, swords dance for wallbreaking and rock polish for offence. Scarftini complements really well, bringing immediate power and speed as Terrak can sometimes struggle to set up, also resisting mach punch and bullet punch, scarf stops me getting completely raped by Gengar, with zen headbutt mainly for M-Venu. Everyone seems to be using special lure Tini at the moment which can work in your favour sometimes, as you know they're going to try to scout your set. The core is really weak to bulky waters and grounds, sand, rain, and Azumarill - enter Breloom, which also acts as a secondary wincon itself with SD and brings priority for revenge killing/cleaning. Latios obviously provides defog support as well as a second wallbreaker for punching holes, checks Keldeo, HP fire for Ferro and Scizor, I don't mind so much the sub-110 speed as I still have Diancie and a scarfer. Ferrothorn provides rocks and checks a plethora of mons - fairies such as Clefable (no flamethrower pls), waters such as Manaphy should Breloom get overwhelmed, LandoT, etc. The last slot has changed a ton of times but I've finally found a great fit in M-Diancie, checking key threats such as Bisharp, Talonflame, Tornadus etc., bringing speed to compensate for the slower members, magic bounce to deter hazards and absorb status, and also just great power and coverage. I found it a really challenging core to build around fsr, this is the 4th time I've started over, I'm still not totally happy with it but overall the team applies a lot of offensive pressure and has counterplay to most threats. Just don't let CharX get to +1 ffs.

Last edited:

Victini @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Decided to build the team around double dance Terrakion to have a wincon to support right off the bat. Standard BandTini seemed to be a good fit for its partner since it could break down checks like Hippowdon and Slowbro that it and Terrak share, making Terrakion's sweep easier.

Realizing that having two strong Pokemon below the 110 speed tier could give me some troubles against offense, I included Raikou as the team's third member to pressure Pokemon like Mega Metagross, Starmie, Keldeo and Thundurus, as well as faster Flying types like Talonflame, Torn-T and Mega Pidgeot. Specs is chosen so that it could potentially 2HKO Hippowdon with HP Ice mostly and Mega Venusaur with Extrasensory.

Mega Scizor was chosen for hazard removal on this team since it could stand a chance against Bisharp and did not overlap in type with the other team members. Its Bug/Steel typing is very much appreciated on this team to answer threats such as Megagross, Hoopa-U, Mega Diancie and Mega Garde. Mega Scizor also forms a VoltTurn core with Victini and Raikou and is the 1st member of a defensive core with TankChomp and Slowbro.

TankChomp was chosen for the Stealth Rock setter to have another Bisharp check for Victini and its typing works perfectly with Mega Scizor's. Also absorbs T-Wave and Volt Switch as a bonus. Toxic is used for more dicking on Hippo and Bro, especially since all three offensive members of the team can give Steels a difficult time.

Slowbro completes the defensive core and is mostly there to check Mega Charizard X, who could easily use a Choice-locked Victini or Raikou as setup fodder. Also the team's best Keldeo, Garchomp and Excadrill answer.

Reactions: AM

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Ah my boy Victini, coupled with the unrated Terrakion. The latter is quite good, but i found very difficult to build around it. So I accepted the challenge and build around this two Pokemon. Decided to begin with M-Venusaur. It helps a lot against Water-types like Keldeo or Azumarill. I wanted a Water-type to complete the FWG core (i love this core) and to check birds. Rotom-W is pretty good. It has good synergy with Victini. After that, Ice-types like Kyurem-B decimates the team. I also wanted a hazard remover, and even if I don't like regular Scizor, I chose it. I stole the repart from Nedor but I don't know what is that for lol. Finally, I always finish by a Ground-type, and Landorus-T fills that slot very well. While Hippowdon is a better check to Charizard-X, and birds, i found out the momentum that U-Turn brings very useful. Speaking of momentum, this team focuses to weaken opponent s'wall to sweep with Victini / Terrakion before the opponent do the same thing. After several changes, I think that Scarf Victini / LO Terrakion is the better variation, be wary of Venusaur-Mega. I'm not totally satisfied with this team but it is a good team overall.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
The Round 16 Building Stage is now over. 7 teams to choose from based on the Victini + Terrakion core. Interesting stuff here. Anyways voting begins now ends on Thursday around the same time.

Team 1

Victini @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Naughty Nature
- V-create
- Focus Blast
- Thunder
- Glaciate

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
v nice offensive core, added wp dragonite to clean up after these two mons break the opposing team apart. who needs lum, gotta be hippie. fast rotom-w is the future, outspeeds mega scizor, dragonite, mega altaria so you can get a crucial burn if needed - slow volt switch is so overrated and unnecessary. volt switch always helps momentum for offensive teams too, which is nice. mega garde was added next, since i have 3 physical attackers, and the fairy typing helps if i need to predict dragon tail from chomp and stuff. it's also nice to stop dragons from just spamming their dragon stab mindlessly (nothing likes mega garde coming in for free honestly, unless you have like rachi or gross). hp fire starmie to weaken ferro since i dont have superpower on dnite, and ferro is always annoying af. no steel, no ground, but i dont think it's that necessary, and i cant really fit one anyway.
Team 2

So starting off with the core of Victini and Terrakion, I realized that they pressure passive, bulky water types and ground types to switch-in. I then put on Manaphy to take advantage of the situations Victini and Terrakion are likely to create. Normally you do not want to build offense with the mindset of "Latios switches into Keldeo, so I'm going to put on Weavile because it beats Latios. Not only that, but Keldeo beats Scizor for Weavile". This is a flawed mindset to have because while yes, they do beat each other's counters and checks, they are not really exerting any pressure upon them. However, this is different in the case of set-up mons like Manaphy because it can actually punish the opposing team for bringing in their ground and water types against Terrakion or Victini by setting up with Tail Glow. Manaphy instantly becomes a threat, especially to slower, defensive teams. After adding on Manaphy, The team appeared weak to Garchomp, Excadrill, Mega Charizard X, Mega Pinsir, Mega Manectric, etc. while also lacking speed. To remedy this, I decided to add on a standard Choice Scarf Landorus-T. At this point, the team was pressured by Azumarill, Latios, Keldeo, and fairy types; in addition, I had not chosen a mega evolution for the team yet. Mega Metagross seemed to fit best in this slot because not only did it patch up the team's weaknesses, but it also had good offensive synergy with Victini, Terrakion, and Landorus-T because they all share similar checks and counters that can be pressured by each one of them, allowing one of them to clean up at the endgame. However, the team was still a little weak to water types even though they were pressured by the four aforementioned mons because not much was stopping them from spamming their water moves. Besides this fact, the team was still a little slow without priority, and needed something in addition for Bisharp. Toxicroak seemed a really good fit here because it really discourages the spamming of water moves, added priority to the team in Sucker Punch, and provided another Bisharp Check.
college dropout (Victini) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Atk / 68 Def / 60 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- V-create
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bolt Strike

cult follower (Terrakion) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

indeepdepression (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

judges others (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

sexist employer (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Pursuit

ignorant to gays (Toxicroak) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
Team 3

Victini @ Life Orb
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-Create
- Glaciate
- Grass Knot
- Psychic

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 72 HP / 220 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Roost

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimdate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Stealth Rock
So this is a basic heavy offense. First off I decided to roll with Mixed Lure Victini since it's jesus and takes out checks to Terrakion like Hippo, TankChomp, and Lando-T with Grass Knot and Glaciate. Psychic allows it to take out Mega Venu who could be annoying for Terrakion without an SD and 2hko Rotom. Went with Double Dance Terrakion cause on a whole faster teams are annoying as hell and gives you versatility in how you want to annoy the opposing team. Lum Berry is ran so it can get a kill against stall considering burns or paralysis. Latios was added for Defog support since everyone hates hazards and I needed a Keldeo check. Mega Scizor came next as Fairies pretty much screwed over Latios and Terrakion after Victini is gone and a secondary check to Weavile and Bisharp is always nice. I went with Offensive Roost + SD with U-Turn since it fits the team much better than Bulky SD can and the momentum gained from U-Turn is valuable for the current teammates. Since I pretty much failed against rain and waterspam, AV Azumarill was a logical choice as it gave a secondary Keldeo check and insurance against faster special attackers like Mega Zam and have nice synergy with the rest of the team as it offered a switchin for Mega Zard X who could slaughter the team given the chance to setup. Finally Adamant Earth Plate Lando-T was added for a sand check, Tflame Check, Stealth Rock setter, and cleaner alongside Terrakion and MScizor with Rock Polish. the EV Spread btw has it avoid the 2HKO completely from Adamant LO Exca's Iron Head while still outrunning Heatran. The decrease in attack doesn't make much of a difference considering it's running Adamant.
Team 4

Victini @ Expert Belt
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Energy Ball
- Glaciate
- Focus Blast

Terrakion @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Scald
- Thunder Wave

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- U-turn

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 244 HP / 204 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Victini + Terrakion is the starting core of the team; I chose EBelt Victini set in order to baitkill bulky Ground mons like Hippowdown, Garchomp, Lando-T which are the biggest Terrakion threats, so I can give him more chances to sweep. I had chosen CB Terrakion set initially but after several tests I noticed that SubSalac works better because it is more unexpected and it helps me more against stuff like Charizard-X. I immediately decided to add Starmie into the core because it can support the duo, checking Keldeo (and other Water or Fighting mons) and Talonflame other than spinning. I noticed then a big weakness to Gengar, Alakazam, M-Manectric, Thundurus, M-Sableye and M-Lopunny so I put the Tornadus-T + Clefable core that covers all those weakness and gives me a solid rock setter, a thunder wave support and a great synergy with the rest of the team. I chose Venusaur as Mega for the last slot since it helps me against Landorus-Therian, and electrics, even though the main reason was that I needed a strong Water check for stuff like Crawdaunt (that's why I gave it 60 Speed EVs), Manaphy, etc. At last, M-Venusaur is a good check for Clefable that otherwise can give me troubles.
Team 5

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Breloom @ Fist Plate
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Spore

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect
Double dance Terrakion is awesome, swords dance for wallbreaking and rock polish for offence. Scarftini complements really well, bringing immediate power and speed as Terrak can sometimes struggle to set up, also resisting mach punch and bullet punch, scarf stops me getting completely raped by Gengar, with zen headbutt mainly for M-Venu. Everyone seems to be using special lure Tini at the moment which can work in your favour sometimes, as you know they're going to try to scout your set. The core is really weak to bulky waters and grounds, sand, rain, and Azumarill - enter Breloom, which also acts as a secondary wincon itself with SD and brings priority for revenge killing/cleaning. Latios obviously provides defog support as well as a second wallbreaker for punching holes, checks Keldeo, HP fire for Ferro and Scizor, I don't mind so much the sub-110 speed as I still have Diancie and a scarfer. Ferrothorn provides rocks and checks a plethora of mons - fairies such as Clefable (no flamethrower pls), waters such as Manaphy should Breloom get overwhelmed, LandoT, etc. The last slot has changed a ton of times but I've finally found a great fit in M-Diancie, checking key threats such as Bisharp, Talonflame, Tornadus etc., bringing speed to compensate for the slower members, magic bounce to deter hazards and absorb status, and also just great power and coverage. I found it a really challenging core to build around fsr, this is the 4th time I've started over, I'm still not totally happy with it but overall the team applies a lot of offensive pressure and has counterplay to most threats. Just don't let CharX get to +1 ffs.
Team 6

Victini @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock
Decided to build the team around double dance Terrakion to have a wincon to support right off the bat. Standard BandTini seemed to be a good fit for its partner since it could break down checks like Hippowdon and Slowbro that it and Terrak share, making Terrakion's sweep easier.

Realizing that having two strong Pokemon below the 110 speed tier could give me some troubles against offense, I included Raikou as the team's third member to pressure Pokemon like Mega Metagross, Starmie, Keldeo and Thundurus, as well as faster Flying types like Talonflame, Torn-T and Mega Pidgeot. Specs is chosen so that it could potentially 2HKO Hippowdon with HP Ice mostly and Mega Venusaur with Extrasensory.

Mega Scizor was chosen for hazard removal on this team since it could stand a chance against Bisharp and did not overlap in type with the other team members. Its Bug/Steel typing is very much appreciated on this team to answer threats such as Megagross, Hoopa-U, Mega Diancie and Mega Garde. Mega Scizor also forms a VoltTurn core with Victini and Raikou and is the 1st member of a defensive core with TankChomp and Slowbro.

TankChomp was chosen for the Stealth Rock setter to have another Bisharp check for Victini and its typing works perfectly with Mega Scizor's. Also absorbs T-Wave and Volt Switch as a bonus. Toxic is used for more dicking on Hippo and Bro, especially since all three offensive members of the team can give Steels a difficult time.

Slowbro completes the defensive core and is mostly there to check Mega Charizard X, who could easily use a Choice-locked Victini or Raikou as setup fodder. Also the team's best Keldeo, Garchomp and Excadrill answer.
Team 7

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
Ah my boy Victini, coupled with the unrated Terrakion. The latter is quite good, but i found very difficult to build around it. So I accepted the challenge and build around this two Pokemon. Decided to begin with M-Venusaur. It helps a lot against Water-types like Keldeo or Azumarill. I wanted a Water-type to complete the FWG core (i love this core) and to check birds. Rotom-W is pretty good. It has good synergy with Victini. After that, Ice-types like Kyurem-B decimates the team. I also wanted a hazard remover, and even if I don't like regular Scizor, I chose it. I stole the repart from Nedor but I don't know what is that for lol. Finally, I always finish by a Ground-type, and Landorus-T fills that slot very well. While Hippowdon is a better check to Charizard-X, and birds, i found out the momentum that U-Turn brings very useful. Speaking of momentum, this team focuses to weaken opponent s'wall to sweep with Victini / Terrakion before the opponent do the same thing. After several changes, I think that Scarf Victini / LO Terrakion is the better variation, be wary of Venusaur-Mega. I'm not totally satisfied with this team but it is a good team overall.

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
These teams look so annoyed by manectric and thundurus it's not even funny, especially with rocks up @_@

Team 4 seems to have the least inadequate counterplay due to venu + clef (those free volt switches on the starmie though..), so I'm going team 4 even if i'm not too fond of blue flare on victini.

Seriously how are electrics so good

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
been a while since i havent checked this kind of thread
but come on what is this team 4, it doesnt have a steel or a ground
it really does look like 4 mons of a passive balanced added to the core (which is very counter intuitive or is it just me)

look how excadrill goes to town, and that clef can't even touch it when it's the SR setter
there is absolutly no way to beat gliscor who almost walls the whole team, all you can do is try to switch victini in and scare it off
in the same vein SD chomp looks terrific
charx can setup on victini or tornadust and crack the team in half
boy talonflame, i seriously doubt you faced one because holy crap it'll give you one hell of a headache
the solution to clef seems to be fishing for a crit with venusaurm
gardevoirm will probably take half of the team with her
thundurus np will take the whole team
only mon that can hit skarm is victini ?

and dont take a single bit of damage on clef, or you're gonna get cleanly swept by lop or weavile

uhh, team 1 looks weak to the same kind of crap sadly, due to having the same building flaws, well at least it's not as passive but yea, even without checking, I bet you can apply the same list of common threats

toxicroak looks so out of place in team 2 it bugs me, team 5 you forfeit to manec, team 6 no ground switch in man dont get me started on that, team 7 dont try to sell regular defog scizor

i'd say team 3 looks the "best" synergy wise between the members, honestly that's how an offense with victini and terrakion should look like, now the core isnt easy to build on so tbh you don't have a lot of room to add crazy stuff anyway
however the sets are sometimes really questionable
what is this scizor spread given the set, i really think you should reconsider your moves
this terrakion will never fly in OU, you're really being greedy, it doesn't even work in BW so in ORAS, eh..
earth plate rp landot man, the point of adding a setup move to landot was to pressure stuff like sableye, or skarmory, or start wall breaking crap like hippo or ferro
here you got it wrong with your +2 speed, idk what you had in mind but good luck ever breaking through a skarmory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)