Project OU Teambuilding Competition V8 (Round 24: Building: Post #721 Page 29: Mega Latias + Togekiss)

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Sees Mega Diance*

Team 5 I r8 gr8 8/8

In all seriousness though, I can't really vote for the trick room team. I've seen them work before, but it seems kinda situational. Oh well. I suppose I'll eat my words when I get stomped by in OST. Also, the TR team is kinda weak to Talonflame, escpecially with rocks up on your side, which they'll have quite a few opportunities to do with you setting up TR often. Not tryna bash it, it actually seems really cool and fun to use.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Shaka Brah has won Round 21 with Team 3. Team is now in hall of fame.

Going with a concept this week, may or may not be a bit tough but I'm sure the builders will find ways around the cons of using this concept.

Round 22: Sticky Web

Yes you may use other Sticky Web users if you would like. The concept should put emphasis on utilizing Sticky Web effectively so when users vote they should vote on if the team accomplishes this goal. Enjoy.

Infernal

Banned deucer.

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sticky Web

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 240 HP / 4 Def / 56 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 148 Def / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost
This was a bit challenging since I never made a Sticky Web team before, so this description is really long because I wanted to make sure to explain my process well :B

I started with LO Galvantula mainly for its ability to pressure Mega Sableye. Thunder has decent chances to 2HKO most Mega Sableye running special defense investment, so that's really helpful. I also like how Galvantula is much faster than other setters, allowing it to lay down webs in a pinch if needed. Another thing I like is how Latios and Starmie can't switch into Galvantula as easily as they could on something like Shuckle. This helps with maintaining pressure and keeping webs up. HP Ice can catch SR setters like Chomp and Lando-T off guard, which Bisharp likes. This all sounded cool and since I never gave the bug a try before, I figured this would be a good chance.

I needed to add more things to discourage Defog or punish my opponent for using it. Bisharp was added for this reason. It takes advantage of Defog and gives the team a great way of applying offensive pressure. One of Bisharp's problems has always been its speed, and Sticky Web helps patch this up. Priority is always helpful on Sticky Web to deal a huge blow to things like Exca too. Went with SD instead of Pursuit because I have a ton of things to pressure Latios already, making SD too good to pass up.

From there, I tried to identify the threats I should prioritize covering. Serp and other Bisharp were among these since they abuse my webs. I also wanted more ways to handle Mega Sab. I wanted to try and cover as many threats as possible with this team, but those three were a priority. I started by adding Keldeo. This helps a lot with Bisharp and gives me another way to pressure Mega Sab. It's a good answer to the likes of Weavile and Mega Sciz, while appreciating threats like Mega Manectric being slowed down by Sticky Web. I made sure to give Keld Icy Wind to maintain pressure on Defog Latios.

Serperior was still looking dangerous. I ended up adding Mega Altaria and Heatran to help with this and other things. Mega Altaria's typing helps this team with a bunch of threats it'd otherwise have a hard time covering/switching into. This includes Char-X, Char-Y, other Keld, etc. Being able to further pressure Mega Sab and abuse Sticky Web itself is also cool. Many offensive teams rely on speed to keep special Mega Altaria in check with threats like Weavile, so with webs up this thing can be a real scare for those archetypes. Tran offers extra insurance against many of the same threats and adds another way to handle Clef. It's also able to prevent Defog attempts with Taunt, giving me yet another thing capable of discouraging removal attempts. Lastly, Tran helps me pressure stall, which looked hard to break.

I noticed I was missing SR. Exca also looked like a huge threat. I decided to add Lando-T for this reason and to patch up some remaining holes. With SD, it can also be a nightmare for tams to face with Sticky Web up. Lando-T + Tran helps me with Talon too, which looked annoying to face.

I tried to minimize the amount of chances people have to remove my webs with this team, while covering as many threats as possible. I tried to pick Pokemon that still had overall utility and could function outside of webs in case I was unable to set them up. I tried to avoid adding a bunch of slow Pokemon to the team, and figured it'd be better to incorporate Pokemon like Altaria and Keld who are bulky, strong, and quick enough to make good use of webs. Weakness wise, Azumarill and Diancie can be threatening for this team. I think they are manageable though considering the way the team is played. Azu can't come in on much and can usually be taken down in two hits by most things here. I added HP Elec on Keld for this reason. Diancie is harder to face., but it can't switch in safely on anything either. You have to apply pressure by leading with Lando-T so that it can't threaten you right from turn 1. Heatran is bulky enough to take its hits too, but has to be careful with Earth Power.

Last edited by a moderator:

busyguy

formerly mil
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Infestation

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
Alright, since Sticky Web is so limiting, I chose a HO core, consisting of M-Medicham + Weavile.
Fuckle Shuckle gets up Rocks and Webs, while immune to Taunt for one turn thanks to Mental Herb. Infestation traps stuff (defoggers) so they can be pursuited, Encore helps against setup. 100 SpD allows you to get Rocks+Webs vs Timid M-Gardevoir.
Next we have M-Medicham. I don't need to explain why this is good with Webs. Bullet Punch is for Diancie and Gardevoir. The team has no real fairy switchin.
Webs don't affect Lati, Lando, Thundurus, Tornadus and other fast Birds or Levitators, that's the reason why I put Weavile into the team.
Because I want to keep Rocks and Webs up, I need a Defiant user. Bisharp switches into Latis and can prevent them from defogging. If they defog, Bisharp gets a boost and thanks to Black Glasses, doesn't suffer from Life Orb recoil. If they kill you, Weavile can trap. Doubling the pressure on Dark resists like Keldeo with Weavile and +2 Bisharp, Keldeo will be brought in range of Fake Out+Bullet Punch. Yes I don't run a check or switchin for it. They won't risk their Keldeo taking unnecessary damage anyway, so they probably won't stay in in a Keldeo vs Keldeo situation, because of two Dark types. Slowbro is really annoying for the team, but if you catch it on the switchout with Adamant Black Glasses Pursuit, it won't be able to switch into Keldeo anymore. Thunder Punch > Bullet Punch is an option on Medicham too, but I'd only run it if you really expect the opponent to bring Slowbro and no Diancie.
Because Scizor and Sableye look like a Pain, I chose specs Keldeo. Works perfectly with Pursuit support. SD on Lando prevents Scizor from setting up too much,also helps against Sableye.
It's also a switchin for Exca, Talon and other physical attackers.
Starmie looks really annoying, but making plays and doubling into Weav or Bish if you expect it to come in helps keeping Webs and Rocks. It's a really offensive team anyway.
Now the last slot on Weavile is tricky. Do I want to 2hko Keldeo on the switchin with Return or Pursuit hazard removers ? Or even SD ? Poison Jab for fairies (clef), because I have no switchin ?
I think SD is the better move here, because that way Slowbro can be taken on somewhat, if Keldeo fails with HP Electric, Lando gets burned and Medicham doesn't run Thunder Punch.

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Gravity
- Swords Dance

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Infestation

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gravity
- Power Whip

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost
At a glance the team looks fairly standard but the Landorus set is cash. The problem with sticky web and teams that rely on it is that it only affects grounded mons, so your wallbreakers still get outsped by a good portion of the meta. Gravity prevents that so even flying types and levitators get their speed crippled. Gravity also lets Lando hit flying types and levitators with earthquake, allowing him to easily sweep would-be checks, and making him outspeed everything bar a few select scarfers, which is where knock off comes in. CharY checks Serperior, Gravity gives CharY's fire blast 100% accuracy making it a ridiculous breaker, taking full advantage of webs, as well as reducing the SR weakness. Modest fire blast is just stupid and the loss of speed doesn't matter for obvious reasons. Spikes are mandatory to help the wallbreakers and again Gravity makes everything, even flying types, susceptible - Ferrothorn sets the spikes, checks waters and provides a secondary Gravity setter if Lando goes down. Starmie spins, important because my team is weak to spikes for the same reason it uses them, and checks Keldeo, though I went thunderbolt over psyshock mainly for M-Bro, psyshock is still a decent option if you want. Hydro pump is mandatory though due to power and might as well make the most of gravity's accuracy boost. Starmie also outspeeds the rare scarf 110s which outspeed the rest of the team even with webs. White herb shuckle as the web setter because it's the most reliable one and the team is so heavily reliant on webs, plus has role compression with stealth rock, and infestation to ease prediction. Finally Bisharp to punish defog because what self-respecting webs team doesn't pack a defiant user. Low kick for opposing Bisharp. Overall the team is kinda tricky to use but really fun, and extremely rewarding when you can pull it off, definitely the most fun team I've made in a while :]

Shuckle (M) @ Mental Herb
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Infestation
- Stealth Rock

Gengar (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Knock Off

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
So sticky web teams often have a very set structure, generally; Setter / Spinblocker / Defiant / Abuser 1 / Abuser 2 / Glue, and it was this structure that aided me in the creation of this team. My choice of setter, Shuckle, was a pretty easy choice as I wanted a setter who could reliably get up both webs and rocks allowing the rest of the team to be focused more on abusing webs than dealing with hazards. My next choice was Gengar as a spinblocker and stallbreaker who can actually beat common rapid spinners with webs and still be quite a threat offensively with those nice and spammable STABs. Now by this point I scrolled through the OU list, shortlisted potential abusers and emerged with Mega Gardevoir and Hoopa-U, both of which are insanely powerful, have spammable STABs and are fast enough to actually outspeed things under webs. Next I decided to choose an interesting choice for a defiant user; rather than going with the predictable and common Bisharp, I went with Defiant Physical Thundurus which catches many people off guard and removes certain mons handily for the rest of the team. Finally, Keldeo is the glue, the water resist, the Bisharp check, who can also hit hard and use webs to his advantage. I considered using Loom, but overall Keldeo just gave me more for the team offensively and defensively. Also scald is a good move.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Building stage for Round 22 Sticky Web concept is now over. The voting stage for Round 22 will begin now. Voting stage of the round ends Friday around this same time so get your votes in.

Team 1

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sticky Web

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 240 HP / 4 Def / 56 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 148 Def / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost
This was a bit challenging since I never made a Sticky Web team before, so this description is really long because I wanted to make sure to explain my process well :B

I started with LO Galvantula mainly for its ability to pressure Mega Sableye. Thunder has decent chances to 2HKO most Mega Sableye running special defense investment, so that's really helpful. I also like how Galvantula is much faster than other setters, allowing it to lay down webs in a pinch if needed. Another thing I like is how Latios and Starmie can't switch into Galvantula as easily as they could on something like Shuckle. This helps with maintaining pressure and keeping webs up. HP Ice can catch SR setters like Chomp and Lando-T off guard, which Bisharp likes. This all sounded cool and since I never gave the bug a try before, I figured this would be a good chance.

I needed to add more things to discourage Defog or punish my opponent for using it. Bisharp was added for this reason. It takes advantage of Defog and gives the team a great way of applying offensive pressure. One of Bisharp's problems has always been its speed, and Sticky Web helps patch this up. Priority is always helpful on Sticky Web to deal a huge blow to things like Exca too. Went with SD instead of Pursuit because I have a ton of things to pressure Latios already, making SD too good to pass up.

From there, I tried to identify the threats I should prioritize covering. Serp and other Bisharp were among these since they abuse my webs. I also wanted more ways to handle Mega Sab. I wanted to try and cover as many threats as possible with this team, but those three were a priority. I started by adding Keldeo. This helps a lot with Bisharp and gives me another way to pressure Mega Sab. It's a good answer to the likes of Weavile and Mega Sciz, while appreciating threats like Mega Manectric being slowed down by Sticky Web. I made sure to give Keld Icy Wind to maintain pressure on Defog Latios.

Serperior was still looking dangerous. I ended up adding Mega Altaria and Heatran to help with this and other things. Mega Altaria's typing helps this team with a bunch of threats it'd otherwise have a hard time covering/switching into. This includes Char-X, Char-Y, other Keld, etc. Being able to further pressure Mega Sab and abuse Sticky Web itself is also cool. Many offensive teams rely on speed to keep special Mega Altaria in check with threats like Weavile, so with webs up this thing can be a real scare for those archetypes. Tran offers extra insurance against many of the same threats and adds another way to handle Clef. It's also able to prevent Defog attempts with Taunt, giving me yet another thing capable of discouraging removal attempts. Lastly, Tran helps me pressure stall, which looked hard to break.

I noticed I was missing SR. Exca also looked like a huge threat. I decided to add Lando-T for this reason and to patch up some remaining holes. With SD, it can also be a nightmare for tams to face with Sticky Web up. Lando-T + Tran helps me with Talon too, which looked annoying to face.

I tried to minimize the amount of chances people have to remove my webs with this team, while covering as many threats as possible. I tried to pick Pokemon that still had overall utility and could function outside of webs in case I was unable to set them up. I tried to avoid adding a bunch of slow Pokemon to the team, and figured it'd be better to incorporate Pokemon like Altaria and Keld who are bulky, strong, and quick enough to make good use of webs. Weakness wise, Azumarill and Diancie can be threatening for this team. I think they are manageable though considering the way the team is played. Azu can't come in on much and can usually be taken down in two hits by most things here. I added HP Elec on Keld for this reason. Diancie is harder to face., but it can't switch in safely on anything either. You have to apply pressure by leading with Lando-T so that it can't threaten you right from turn 1. Heatran is bulky enough to take its hits too, but has to be careful with Earth Power.
Team 2

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Infestation

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
Alright, since Sticky Web is so limiting, I chose a HO core, consisting of M-Medicham + Weavile.
Fuckle Shuckle gets up Rocks and Webs, while immune to Taunt for one turn thanks to Mental Herb. Infestation traps stuff (defoggers) so they can be pursuited, Encore helps against setup. 100 SpD allows you to get Rocks+Webs vs Timid M-Gardevoir.
Next we have M-Medicham. I don't need to explain why this is good with Webs. Bullet Punch is for Diancie and Gardevoir. The team has no real fairy switchin.
Webs don't affect Lati, Lando, Thundurus, Tornadus and other fast Birds or Levitators, that's the reason why I put Weavile into the team.
Because I want to keep Rocks and Webs up, I need a Defiant user. Bisharp switches into Latis and can prevent them from defogging. If they defog, Bisharp gets a boost and thanks to Black Glasses, doesn't suffer from Life Orb recoil. If they kill you, Weavile can trap. Doubling the pressure on Dark resists like Keldeo with Weavile and +2 Bisharp, Keldeo will be brought in range of Fake Out+Bullet Punch. Yes I don't run a check or switchin for it. They won't risk their Keldeo taking unnecessary damage anyway, so they probably won't stay in in a Keldeo vs Keldeo situation, because of two Dark types. Slowbro is really annoying for the team, but if you catch it on the switchout with Adamant Black Glasses Pursuit, it won't be able to switch into Keldeo anymore. Thunder Punch > Bullet Punch is an option on Medicham too, but I'd only run it if you really expect the opponent to bring Slowbro and no Diancie.
Because Scizor and Sableye look like a Pain, I chose specs Keldeo. Works perfectly with Pursuit support. SD on Lando prevents Scizor from setting up too much,also helps against Sableye.
It's also a switchin for Exca, Talon and other physical attackers.
Starmie looks really annoying, but making plays and doubling into Weav or Bish if you expect it to come in helps keeping Webs and Rocks. It's a really offensive team anyway.
Now the last slot on Weavile is tricky. Do I want to 2hko Keldeo on the switchin with Return or Pursuit hazard removers ? Or even SD ? Poison Jab for fairies (clef), because I have no switchin ?
I think SD is the better move here, because that way Slowbro can be taken on somewhat, if Keldeo fails with HP Electric, Lando gets burned and Medicham doesn't run Thunder Punch.
Team 3

Ariados @ Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Sucker Punch
- Toxic Spikes
- Sticky Web

Banette-Mega @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Gunk Shot
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Focus Blast

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
this team right here i made a while back in xy then im like kanye be swag and say fuck m-gard (which you can still use over banette). but bruh i be like why would banette not work? shadow sneak stupid levitaters, burn shit you can't break like venusaur and its fatass. this team just wrecks under those webs. ada sd lo chomp with the rocks is fire. come in sd against a fat balance and watch as their faster mons can't check you do to webs like keld. subnp thundy is the god. lets you hax ppl of stone edges whenever you feel like it. set up on passive wispers? hell ye. i be like who care about the wave when you got banette and sharp as yo priority and ariados for those webs. ariados is the fire, prolly better than galvantula because both of them die getting up webs anyways but it doesnt autolose to breloom cuz of insomnia. main reason is this thing got tspikes too so if u manage to be at full with webs, you can start spamming those tspikes along with its sexy stab move in megahorn and slow webs means even mandibuzz wont remove them for free? PLEASE. and it got that sucker too, more priority. specs keld just rounds you off so u don't autolose to opposing sharps and weavs. this team is da shit. i recommend this as yo sticky webs basis. autoloses to mdiancie tho bro so ye dont use this heat against diancie users. offensive tflame can be a bitch too but that has fallen in favor to wisp sets in most scenarios
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-321825632 - battle with one random homie in the ct room. man got tossed by lead ariados out of pure frustration holy shit couldn't even remove that shit when my chomp was on a fucking rampage.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-321828972 - ariados once again puttin' in dat work. smoking that hippo starmie couldnt come in and i get those tspikes up. now watch subnp thundy beat cm lati with a nice late game roll. #spider
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-321833659 - ariados coulda done more but had to bluff with specs keldeo to play around lop, subnp thund putting in dat work. decides to forfeit cuz i would win with bisharp anyways. young nigga swag
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-321837746 - my opp choked on dicks right here. check if ariados has sucker punch instead of clicking fire punch ftw when u have espeed. was an ez match. banette putting in that work
Team 4

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Gravity
- Swords Dance

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Infestation

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gravity
- Power Whip

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost
At a glance the team looks fairly standard but the Landorus set is cash. The problem with sticky web and teams that rely on it is that it only affects grounded mons, so your wallbreakers still get outsped by a good portion of the meta. Gravity prevents that so even flying types and levitators get their speed crippled. Gravity also lets Lando hit flying types and levitators with earthquake, allowing him to easily sweep would-be checks, and making him outspeed everything bar a few select scarfers, which is where knock off comes in. CharY checks Serperior, Gravity gives CharY's fire blast 100% accuracy making it a ridiculous breaker, taking full advantage of webs, as well as reducing the SR weakness. Modest fire blast is just stupid and the loss of speed doesn't matter for obvious reasons. Spikes are mandatory to help the wallbreakers and again Gravity makes everything, even flying types, susceptible - Ferrothorn sets the spikes, checks waters and provides a secondary Gravity setter if Lando goes down. Starmie spins, important because my team is weak to spikes for the same reason it uses them, and checks Keldeo, though I went thunderbolt over psyshock mainly for M-Bro, psyshock is still a decent option if you want. Hydro pump is mandatory though due to power and might as well make the most of gravity's accuracy boost. Starmie also outspeeds the rare scarf 110s which outspeed the rest of the team even with webs. White herb shuckle as the web setter because it's the most reliable one and the team is so heavily reliant on webs, plus has role compression with stealth rock, and infestation to ease prediction. Finally Bisharp to punish defog because what self-respecting webs team doesn't pack a defiant user. Low kick for opposing Bisharp. Overall the team is kinda tricky to use but really fun, and extremely rewarding when you can pull it off, definitely the most fun team I've made in a while :]
Team 5

Shuckle (M) @ Mental Herb
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Infestation
- Stealth Rock

Gengar (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Knock Off

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
So sticky web teams often have a very set structure, generally; Setter / Spinblocker / Defiant / Abuser 1 / Abuser 2 / Glue, and it was this structure that aided me in the creation of this team. My choice of setter, Shuckle, was a pretty easy choice as I wanted a setter who could reliably get up both webs and rocks allowing the rest of the team to be focused more on abusing webs than dealing with hazards. My next choice was Gengar as a spinblocker and stallbreaker who can actually beat common rapid spinners with webs and still be quite a threat offensively with those nice and spammable STABs. Now by this point I scrolled through the OU list, shortlisted potential abusers and emerged with Mega Gardevoir and Hoopa-U, both of which are insanely powerful, have spammable STABs and are fast enough to actually outspeed things under webs. Next I decided to choose an interesting choice for a defiant user; rather than going with the predictable and common Bisharp, I went with Defiant Physical Thundurus which catches many people off guard and removes certain mons handily for the rest of the team. Finally, Keldeo is the glue, the water resist, the Bisharp check, who can also hit hard and use webs to his advantage. I considered using Loom, but overall Keldeo just gave me more for the team offensively and defensively. Also scald is a good move.

AM

LCPL Champion
Team 5

I mentioned to my pal Aldo and this is kind of secondary or something to consider in the future but I think scarf Hoopa would be nice here so that you can maintain pressure on common defoggers and Spinners such as Lati and Starmie to pressure them on predicted switch ins. They'll try to come in on you along the lines to remove the webs and right now it's pretty easy for them to do that. Otherwise nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)