OUTC Round #9 [ENTRIES OPEN] .post332

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The votes are closed !

The fight between Bad Ass and PDC was close, and in the end... Bad Ass wins !
The value of his vote will be doubled and his team enters the hall of fame, congratulation to him !

Thanks to all the voters.

I hereby announce the Fifth round of the OUTC with a new unic core to toy with :

+

Gastrodon is one of those pokemons able to wall a whole team or... die miserably. Gengar is one of those pokemons able to sweep a whole team or... you get the point.
However, those two fellows have more than one trick under their sleeve ! Gengar is one of the most versatile pokemon, many player limit the options to Sub + Disable/PainSplit but that purple ghost suffers no limit in terms of possibilities. Gastrodon on the other hand, can be specially... or physically defensive ! Amazing isn't it ? (You can also try offensive sets... for those who love challenge and powerful crappy muddy pink blobs).

Good luck to everyone, have fun !

Entries will be closed in 5 days !

Edit : Don't be afraid to post your opinion on the core, the opportunities you can identify, the particularities, the way it needs to be played to be viable etc..

This is a very weird core since I almost never see Gengar and Gastrodon on the same team together. Generally I see Gengar on sand offense teams since it is immune to Fighting and Ground-type moves which threaten Tyranitar, and is much faster than many Pokemon commonly found on sand teams (both inducers, Ferrothorn, Forretress, Gliscor, Heatran, etc.). Gastrodon is generally utilized to put a stop to rain teams, but outside of combatting Politoed armies it often fails to pull its weight, because it often struggles against Sun teams and it can almost never sweep on its own, because it is better suited as a defensive Pokemon.

To find out how I'm thinking of pairing these two mismatches together, watch this thread over the next few days.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Actually I came to think of that core when I watched a really old team from a french player. Obviously, the team is old BW1 but is also incredibly solid and well built. The synergy between the two pokemons isn't bad at all and I'm pretty that a lot of good teams could be built.

Actually I came to think of that core when I watched a really old team from a french player. Obviously, the team is old BW1 but is also incredibly solid and well built. The synergy between the two pokemons isn't bad at all and I'm pretty that a lot of good teams could be built.
Well I hope so.

Out of curiousity, what was this team? And yes the two-mon synergy is very good. Gengar can use Grass-type moves to switch in, while most unboosted Psychic, Ghost, and Dark-type moves don't bother Gastrodon too much. Maybe Gengar's weaknesses are why Tyranitar is such a common partner for Gengar.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
I don't really want to give it now to not influence the building. But in the end of the round I'll reveal it :d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)