OUTC Round #9 [ENTRIES OPEN] .post332

Status
Not open for further replies.
BouDOUCHE - I hit his team on ladder and had some trouble with it, using the team that's getting me reqs for the suspect test haha

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It seems like the underdog SnowCristal! didn't succeed, even with his unexpected fan crew ... Hot N Cold wins !
The value of his vote will be doubled and his team enters the hall of fame, congratulation to him !

Thanks to all the voters, you were a lot to participate in this round, the attention you give to the teams is a reward in itself !

I hereby announce the Sixth round of the OUTC with a new unic core to toy with :

+

Hydreigon, the black sheep of OU, the pokemon that has soooo much potential... and yet you never see this guy anywhere. On the other hand, Rotom-W, the pesky thing present in every single team. Those two pokemons have a a good bulk, ability to pivot, but also to surprise their counters. It goes without saying that many things actually threaten this core heavily.
So gentlemen, let's see if you can overcome those threats, and make the black dragon shine like bright star, joining his fellow dragons in the firmament !
Good luck to everyone, have fun !

Entries will be closed in 7 days !

Edit : Don't be afraid to post your opinion on the core, the opportunities you can identify, the particularities, the way it needs to be played to be viable etc..

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Signal Beam

Breloom @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Rotom-W @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 HP / 196 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 188 Def / 252 HP / 56 Atk / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
A smart person would notice where this is from. It was never posted after being submitted.

I like how I can just rehash this team simply because I think it really shows how well Hydreigon can be used effectively. Rotom-W and Hydreigon aren't really the core here, so pardon that. Anyone who's been in OU cores may remember me posting this core there. It is fantastic. Welcome to the Dark/Fighting/Psychic hyper offensive core.

Skarmory is standard Deo-D rehashing for hyper offense (though he is fantastic when it comes to spamming whirlwind), always guaranteeing at least SR + 1 layer of spikes. Rotom-W is to bluff choice to be a late-game trump card. Landy-T is glue/pivot. Now let's get into the actual basis of this team, shall we?

Let's start with the actual focus of the team: the Dark type Hydreigon. This set is truly his only viable set, because the only thing holding Hydreigon back is his speed and he has so much outright power he doesn't mind being locked into a move. He also forms a nice VoltTurn core with Rotom-W. He's 1/3 of this hyper offensive core I've come to love, there is literally nothing that doesn't mind being hit by a super-powered STAB Dark, Fighting, or Psychic type move. It's like the FWG of offense. Hydreigon works so perfectly in this scenario because he can do high amounts of damage while being choice-locked and he can revenge kill almost anything in the game.

Next, we have Breloom. Spore is deadly on its own, a +2 STAB Technician Mach Punch isn't something you just shrug off. Sleep adds nice utility to this team where paralysis support could be used as well.

Lastly, Alakazam. The amount of people that use this thing to check stuff is ridiculous. The amount of people that run Timid over Modest is also stupidly high. This is where Alakazam was meant to shine- throwing out high-powered moves at blazing speed without worry that something is going to destroy it. Only think that this Alakazam fears is Gengar, and Hydreigon more than takes care of that. Rotom-W isn't too nice to it either.

These paragraphs aren't huge, thought-out blurbs, I'm just telling you stuff I know off the top of my head because this core truly is fantastic and takes advantage of the one of two Dark types in OU. That is horrible for how good Dark type is. It's the anti-meta type right now, considering the amount of Dark type weak mons running around trying to keep Keldeo down.

I feel that this team truly shows the sheer power of mixed Hydreigon. The Idea behind this team is very simple, utilize volt-turn to provide a switch into Hydreigon whenever you U-turn/Volt Switch out of something slower than hydreigon and push your opponent to the spot where he has to choose which of his poke dies. The team utilizes Specially Defensive Rotom-W and Physically defensive Lando-T as my walls and act as my Volt-Turn core which is aided by my Scarfer/steel type Jirachi. CB Tyranitar is my main check to the Lati twins/Jellicent/Celebi and is part of my hard hitting offensive core the other member of which is SD Breloom which with Fighting Gem gets the breakthrough it needs to sweep/clean up mid or late game. LO Mixed Hydreigon is a very mean wallbreaker which is a poke not everyone can use but if you know how to use it you can wreck opposing teams once you set up the right conditions for it which is why i feel volt-turn is the best way for using Hydreigon and utilizes the Hydreigon + Rotom-W core effectively to win games :]

HTML:
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Breloom @ Fighting Gem
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 64 Atk / 200 HP / 244 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 156 HP / 100 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 SDef / 248 HP / 28 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hi! =) Finally another building contest! Well, now i will show you one of my best teams. This team start by a simple nice core, Hydreigon + Rotom-w. The first Pokemon is one of the most disastrous but at the same time one of the most underrated of all OU. The second one is omnipresent and if it is there is a reason ... The core is particularly effective, but must be supported in an appropriate manner. The first thing I thought of was the weakness to CBkion and Scizor. For this reason i put a Pokemon very unexpected, which is also to set my Stealth Rock: Nidoqueen. Nidoqueen is one of the best counter of terrakion. He tank the two main stabs of terrakion and can set the SR on a edge/cc. He also work nicely vs Scizor and TTar.
Well. Now i need a rkiller and a hurricane/dmeteor resistor so i put Scarfrachi with a nice set! Another problem of Hydreigon + Rotom-w core is Breloom. He can ohko hydreigon with a mach punch and rotom with a bullet seed, so i added Skarmory. He is nice to physical dragons and because he set spikes. Well now, the unic problem are Rain and Sunny teams because i play Weatherless... I added for this problem CMLatias with a phisical bulky spread. This team is broken and destroy the stalls( Taunt hydra, 4 immunities to Spikes, 6 immunities to tspikes, without weakness to SR, nice baitkills of rotom and etc)

Well now the team is complete. Now the sets! DETAILS PLZZ

Hydreigon (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Taunt
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower

This hydreigon is :Q____ Dracometeor+Superpower is nice for 90 % of pokemon and destroy Blissey/Chansey/TTar easy. Taunt for status and for the classic skarmo custap / ttar sr / lando sr lead. Roost for more staying power and Life orb for awesome damages. Mild nature for more powerfull of Superpower and also Draco Meteor.

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]

T
his set is awesome *-* with this set Rotom can kill Celebi and Ferrothorn with a simple predict and destroy rain teams with a monstrous Water STAB. Volt switch is a classic of rotom and install a volturn core with jirachi.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch

Scarf Jirachi Classic but he have Healing Wish to heal completely Rotom or poisonned/burned Hydreigon. Ice punch for dragonz and landorus-t/gliscor Iron head is a classic hax move and u turn for take momentum and install a volturn core with rotom.

Nidoqueen (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 188 HP / 48 Atk / 252 Def / 20 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

N
idoqueen <3 How can you not love her? One of the best counter of Scizor and Terrakion, Phaze move, SR, nice ability, wonderful coverage... why is not OU? Eq for ttar, heatran and others and fire blast for forretress, ferrothorn and scizor. Poison point is wonderful to toxic terrakion or a dragon!

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

A classic Skarmory. he defend me from the Dragons and Breloom and set the spikes.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Refresh

This latias *-* isn't break by a turn of scizor and also by a Pursuit. Classic set for the rest and refresh for various status move.

Ett! =)

Hydreigon (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Taunt
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower

Nidoqueen (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 188 HP / 48 Atk / 252 Def / 20 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Refresh

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Why are you running Poison Point on Nidoqueen? Sheer Force Earth Power does more than EQ so you don't need those random EVs in attack and can invest more in bulk. Poison Point is horrible to rely on, too (and I don't know why you'd use Nidoqueen anyways, any good Terrak user would be carrying a psychic type to deal with stuff like this) but I guess if you like Fire Blast's 10% chance to burn that's cool

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Why are you running Poison Point on Nidoqueen? Sheer Force Earth Power does more than EQ so you don't need those random EVs in attack and can invest more in bulk. Poison Point is horrible to rely on, too (and I don't know why you'd use Nidoqueen anyways, any good Terrak user would be carrying a psychic type to deal with stuff like this) but I guess if you like Fire Blast's 10% chance to burn that's cool
Really i don't have ever felt the need of Sheer Force queen and sometimes Poison Point rescued me from dangerous situation.

Hi ! Well, here is my team. It's built around the core Rotom-W and Hydreigon. This core has got very much potential but it's also true that it suffers many things. The first treaths that came up my mind were CBkion, Breloom, Scizor and also Lucario. Telling the truth, all of these treaths can be strongly weakened by scarfing Rotom-W in fact he can outspeed and OHKO CBkion, Lucario with Hydro Pump and tank a hit from Breloom and Scizor and destroy them with HP Fire. But they can be still a problem and I must support this core since it suffers other things like Dragon Spam. For this reason, the next Pokèmon I've decided to put in was Heatran. He can deal with Draogns very easy and set up SR. But I don't want to give him HP Ice because i need him to stop things like Volcarona by shuffling them since Carona can QDance easy on Heatran if not under sun. It il also true that Volcarona without sun support isn't much seen but without sun the problem is even bigger because Fire Blast doesn't take sun boost. The next Pokèmon is the real Dragon-slayer and his name is Jirachi. By don't giving to Heatran HP Ice I need something else to shoot dragons and Jirachi was the answer. He can OHKO things like Salamence and Dragonite with Ice Punch (after SR for Dnite cause of Multiscale) and deal nice damage to Scizor, Foretress and Ferrothorn with Fire Punch. Yes, you red well, Fire Punch and Ice Punch combo. The next "little" problem to deal with was Breloom. I can kill him but i must sacrifice a Pokèmon but I can't afford something like that. So, Latios Sleep Talker is my answer. Dmeteor / Psyshock / HP Fire: whatever of these moves can deal serious damage to Breloom and now I have a Sleep absorber ! Useful sometimes. Last Pokèmon ? Oh well, the choice is wide but at this point I wanted a cleaner and I decided to put in double dance Landorus-T. It's another helpful hand against Breloom and similar stuff and i can choice the most appropriate boost in base of the situation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 48 HP / 152 Atk / 100 Def / 208 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Smack Down

Very nice Cleaner. I prefered Rock Slide over Stone Edge because of the precision. It always miss. Apart that, after a SD Lando has enough Atk to deal nice damage also with Rock Slide. The EVs in Def are just in case I need to switch him on CBkion or CB Scizor.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk).
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

This set allows Rotom-W to face with almost all the treths of the Hydra + Tom-w Core and gives him a very large coverage. Trick is for Blissey / Chansey. This Tom-W is also a great revengekiller.

Hydreigon (F) @ Leftovers
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast

Ta-Daaaa ! This is maybe the most interesting Pokèmon of the team. Everyone expects it to be mixed or something like that but this set is really never used and very annoying to deal with if you're not prepaired to it. Charge Beam can boost Hydreigon's already nice Sp Atk and under Substitute, massacre begins. Many Pokèmon that think to stop him are nothing else than setup fodders.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
- Sleep Talk
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Classic Scarf Latios except Sleep Talk that allows him to counter Breloom to perfection, and this is his main job on the team.

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SAtk / 164 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

This is my Dragon resistor and SR setter but is also my answer to QDance Volcarona. He can deal with Carona simply by phazing it and setting SR.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish

He is the real Dragon Killer. Double Punch (Fire Punch + Ice Punch) allows him to kill many tricky Pokèmon like Ferrothorn / Foretress and Scizor. Since his main job is rkiling dragons, if my opponent hasn't got them I can sacrifice Jirachi to heal one of my Pokèmon. If used at the right time, can give you the win.

For who wants to try it out:
Code:
EVs: 48 HP / 152 Atk / 100 Def / 208 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Hydreigon (F) @ Leftovers
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
- Sleep Talk
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SAtk / 164 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish

Last edited:

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spd
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Taunt

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Surf
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Expert Belt
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Trait: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast / Sleep Talk

This team here is basically a combination of Hydreigon + StallBreaker Mew, with the addition of Expert Belt Rotom-W and Keldeo to basically turn the entire game into a guessing game. Specs Hydreigon + StallBreaker Mew is an amazing combination, but the addition of Rotom-W and its VoltSwitch also is very helpful to gain momentum fast. I like using a bit faster of a Rotom-W, but if you want to use it you can definitely lower its speed to that just to outrun Breloom or Scizor depending on your needs. Keldeo + Rotom-W both being Expert Belted leads the opponent into a guessing game, Rotom-W lures Celebi MUCH more effectively than Keldeo ever could. HP Bug Expert Belt is almost expected, and that's the beauty of combining them together. Rotom-W can fake a Scarf since nobody expects Expert Belt, and you can definitely weaken the majority of Keldeo counters as well. Mew + Hydreigon can mess up Amoonguss badly, and with the combination of the offensive momentum you can really limit the opponents team very badly. Salamence is there as the obligatory Scarfer who cleans up at the end of the game. Jirachi is their as the glue to the team as it basically absorbs everything you can throw it at. You can switch up roles / Pokes but I think that currently this is the best version I have at the moment. It does rather well against stall and balance, and light offense can easily be compromised by switching up to a slightly faster Mew and just in general nuking things with Hydreigon's incredibly powerful Draco Meteor all game.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Specs
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SAtk / 132 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 232 HP / 8 Atk / 204 SDef / 64 Spd
Careful Nature
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- Focus Punch
- Substitute

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psycho Shift
- Dragon Pulse

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SDef / 96 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Scizor @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Aerial Ace

I've been lurking this thread for a little while now just observing, but after seeing that the chosen combination was Rotom-W and Hydreigon I was inspired to make a team around the two. I've used Hydreigon pretty extensively in B/W1 and had a lot of success with it so the idea intrigued me, and Rotom-W seems like a great teammate considering how easily it can get free switches for Hydreigon with Volt Switch. One of the great things about Hydreigon is how easily it can set up Substitutes against defensive Pokemon, which switch in on Rotom-W time after time. It's very easy to abuse Hydreigon when hazards are up, but the common Spikes users Skarmory and Forretress didn't appeal to me, so I settled for Jirachi instead with Stealth Rock who lacks Spikes but provides more momentum with U-Turn to bait even more free switches for Hydreigon. When using Hydreigon, I've always found it most effective to run it alongside a Physical Attacker who can break through Specially Defensive walls that stop Hydreigon -- I opted for a Choice Scarf Scizor, which provides another Dragon resist, U-Turn and a revenge killer for Pokemon such as Gengar, Alakazam and Breloom that stop Hydreigon from sweeping. Latias was added as a buffer for weather, and I was just experimenting with the Calm Mind + Psycho Shift set, but it turned out to be the Pokemon that was the most consistent. Breloom was added to provide Sleep, which essentially puts me up 6-5 right off the bat, which is too good to pass up, while Breloom also acted as a secondary buffer for Rain and synergized well with the rest of the team.

The premise of this team is very simple, between Scizor, Rotom-W and Jirachi you have your own Volt Turn core, which can easily get Breloom or Hydreigon in for free and then you can start to put things to Sleep or straight up sweep depending on the situation. This team doesn't really have a designated lead, but a lot of the time I found myself leading with Jirachi. It takes literally any hit if it isn't super-effective allowing me to get Stealth Rock up consistently, and with the speed investment it can give the impression it is an offensive set, allowing me to U-Turn out of unfavourable matchups while still keeping my set a surprise. I'm probably playing too offensive for this Jirachi set, and as a result I'm considering running a more offensive set, but right now I think the current set works fine. The team itself functions pretty well, but there are some small problems -- the main threats to this team I have found thus far are Sub Disable Gengar and Garchomp, but they can be played around if you keep Jirachi / Rotom-W healthy enough.

Last edited:

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I can see this core being based around a Voltturn team like back in BW1. They share very nice synergy, as Rotom-W can switch in on Keldeo and Mamoswine, perhaps the best checks to Hydreigon, while Hydreigon can break through Rotom-W's counters, like Celebi, and Ferrothorn. I can see Scizor being a good team mate as they both resist Fire, Scizor adds to the Voltturn core, as well as providing another check to Mamoswine. Forre could replace Scizor if you're looking to go for a more balanced route, as it offers Rapid Spin which is vital for Voltturn teams as they don't want to be worn down easily by entry hazards.

So far I'm liking Jimbon's team the best. It's probably the kinda team I would have created, abusing Voltturn, getting Breloom in for free, and keeping offensive pressure. Although I think maybe Latias might be a bit redundant, it looks like a great team.

ZodiacTheKid

Banned deucer.

I feel that this team truly shows the sheer power of mixed Hydreigon. The Idea behind this team is very simple, utilize volt-turn to provide a switch into Hydreigon whenever you U-turn/Volt Switch out of something slower than hydreigon and push your opponent to the spot where he has to choose which of his poke dies. The team utilizes Specially Defensive Rotom-W and Physically defensive Lando-T as my walls and act as my Volt-Turn core which is aided by my Scarfer/steel type Jirachi. CB Tyranitar is my main check to the Lati twins/Jellicent/Celebi and is part of my hard hitting offensive core the other member of which is SD Breloom which with Fighting Gem gets the breakthrough it needs to sweep/clean up mid or late game. LO Mixed Hydreigon is a very mean wallbreaker which is a poke not everyone can use but if you know how to use it you can wreck opposing teams once you set up the right conditions for it which is why i feel volt-turn is the best way for using Hydreigon and utilizes the Hydreigon + Rotom-W core effectively to win games :]

HTML:
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Breloom @ Fighting Gem
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 64 Atk / 200 HP / 244 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 156 HP / 100 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 SDef / 248 HP / 28 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
If you're going to steal my team at least get the sets right you queer...

ZodiacTheKid

Banned deucer.
This is the actual team if anyone wants to see it. smh...

EVs: 208 HP / 188 Def / 112 Spd

- U-turn

- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge

Hydreigon (M) @ Life Orb

EVs: 60 Atk / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd

Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)

- Superpower

- Draco Meteor

- Fire Blast

- Roost

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band

EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spd

- Stone Edge

- Crunch

- Pursuit

- Superpower

Breloom (M) @ Fighting Gem

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd

- Spore

- Bullet Seed

- Swords Dance

- Mach Punch

Rotom (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 44 SAtk / 212 SDef

- Volt Switch

- Hydro Pump

- Will-O-Wisp

- Pain Split

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf

- U-turn

- Iron Head

- Ice Punch

- Zen Headbutt

Code:
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Quick Attack

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 228 SDef / 4 Spd
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Hydro Pump

Hydreigon (F) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SAtk / 236 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat

Gothitelle (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Much like several of the above posters, I found Hydreigon + Rotom-W begging for a VoltTurn core. However, I found that Hydreigon was best used in my team as part of the VoltTurning rather than a wallbreaker who the other teammates appreciate. Also, I added Gothitelle for a unique trapping factor. Specs Hydreigon is a very uncommon threat in the metagame and it gains a ton of momentum for the team while providing a solid switch into Hippowdon which basically gives you a KO if you can predict decently. Hydreigon also gives the team a solid HP Fire Celebi switch which it lacks. Landorus-T is the Stealth Rock setter and primary Dragon-type check while countering Jirachi and being a Ground-type to scare away Choiced Electric-type attacks. Rotom-W gives a Volcarona check with Thunder Wave and a solid Water resist. I went with ChestoRest because the team doesn't like Scald. Scizor is the primary special Dragon check while keeping things in line with Bullet Punch. Band Scizor gives momentum and can U-turn to Gothitelle much like the rest of my Pokemon! Gothitelle is the team's trapper and has a ton of opportunities to do so with all the VoltTurning going on. It's also my second Fighting resist which I always like having. I like the Choice Scarf set to trap things like Landorus-T and Gliscor which allows my own Landorus-T to run Stone Edg. It also lead against Custap Skarmory. Lastly, Lucario is one of the biggest beneficiaries from Gothitelle who removes practically all of his counters. Lucario not just a random offensive Pokemon on my team though. It's my team's primary offensive Scizor check which a solid team always wants. Typically Lucario cleans up as it's the only set up sweeper on my team and my VoltTurn core --> Gothitelle can beat its checks and counters rather easily. The priority Lucario provides is nice as well.

I like the team's synergy overall and it has a unique factor in trapping which sets it apart from the other builds.

Last edited:

Scotti

we back.
Dice i am only going to ask you once, so listen up....... WHERE DID YOU FIND THOSE SPRITES....... I mean it i was looking everywhere for those and i could not find them. Plz answer this question i really don't care who answers it i need those sprites. Anyway i might as well hurry up and post something for this round.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
EVs: 220 Spd / 116 SAtk / 172 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Meteor Mash
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Conkeldurr @ Fighting Gem
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 168 HP / 88 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam

Well i kinda just through this team together, but it still works pretty well. Hydreigon, Rotom-W, and Jirachi are my Volt-Turn core. Hydreigon runs scarf and he revenges kills my opponents pokemon. I was running E-Belt, but it didn't work so well, so i used Choice Scarf which is alot faster and it seems to works better because of Hydreigons poor speed. I was going to run a Tailwind set, but i decided against it. I ran a special defensive Rotom-W because i don't like scarf Rotom-W that much it doesn't really have that speed and power to really do anything major for the team. I ran the Meteor Mash Mixed Jirachi set that i used in my RMT accept instead of Hp Fire i ran Hp Ice to hit Landorus-T and Garchomp which are normal switch ins to jirachi.

I ran a wall breaker Conkelldure with Focus Punch, Iron Fist, and Fighting Gem. I use Sub before i attack then a slam them with Focus Punch. It is almost exactly like the Breloom wall breaker set accept it hits alot harder and it has Ice Punch to hit dragons though i lose a technician boost i still love the set. Tyranitar is there to get rid of ghost and psychic types that threaten Conkelldur by wall its STAB. I ran Choice Band set with enough speed to out speed, speed creeping Jellicent which is something i learned to do over time. For my last pokemon i was going to run Latias, but it will be almost identical to Jimbon's to accept for 2 pokes, so instead of Latias i ran max speed Sub Roost Kyurem. I needed something that can tank water attack and Kyurem was the perfect choice. It seems to work out good, so i knew it was a good choice.

I hope you like the team =).

EDIT: Ty Spinda

Last edited:
Dice i am only going to ask you once, so listen up....... WHERE DID YOU FIND THOSE SPRITES....... I mean it i was looking everywhere for those and i could not find them. Plz answer this question i really don't care who answers it i need those sprites. Anyway i might as well hurry up and post something for this round.
http://www.pokestadium.com/pokemon/sprites/

check miscellaneous under additional "versions"

Oh, and the rotom-w sprite is from http://urpgdex.6te.net/art/sprites/

I figured all of this out just looking at the image urls :P

Last edited:
I'd post the original site which you can find the most updated versions but it does have some... questionable images on it also so I won't post it here, ask me in vm or something for it

Anyways as of right now I think either PDC or Scotti has my vote because I absolutely love Mew and Kyurem, and they both bring a sense of creativity not apparent in other teams so I'll be choosing either of those unless an even more creative (but still effective) team comes up

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Read the damn post announcing the round, dummy :>

I'm liking a lot of teams so far, I thought Hydreigon would scare the shit out of everybody, I was wrong :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)