Overused ft. BH Cup [Semis]

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Overused ft. BH Cup
Approved by Quite Quiet

We all know how Balanced Hackmons works, and we all know the mad potential some Pokémon have when we tweak their movesets. However, there are very few of the common "OU" Pokémon in that tier, which is completely reasonable when you have options such as Mega Rayquaza and both Primal Kyogre and Groudon to use, thus we don't see the potential some Pokémon like the Tapus and the like have as they're completely outclassed by some other Pokémon. What would happen if we were to play an "OU Balanced Hackmons" metagame by merging both banlists into one? This is what this tournament will try to find out!

Tournament Rules:

• All normal tournament rules apply, and you should make yourself acquainted with them. As such, there's a link to the aforementioned thread up in this post;
  • This tournament will use two banlists: that of the OverUsed tier and that of the Balanced Hackmons tier. Anything that is banned on one or another is forbidden to use in this tournament - if you use anything banned on either tier the match is automatically forfeited and it's up to your opponent to accept a rematch or not.
  • Pokémon with a BST > 580 are forbidden from use from this tournament. This does applies to Mega-Pokemon as well: you may only use Mega-Evolution whose BST is lower or equal to 580.
  • Any tier shift/ban that may happen during a round will only take place in following one;
  • All matches MUST be played in the Balanced Hackmons format;
  • Matches should happen either on Pokemon Showdown or Smogtours.

Battle Rules:
Format:
Balanced Hackmons (580 BST cap) - Singles Mode - Best of One (BO1).
OU Clauses: Species Clause, Sleep Clause, Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, Self-KO Clause, Battle Timeout, and Endless Battle Clause. Additionally, any Pokémon deemed unreleased or Uber is banned and you can have a list here.
BH Clauses: Ability Clause, CFZ Clause, ComaTalk Clause. Additionally, any Pokémon, Ability or Move banned by the BH Council is forbidden from use; you can check them (alongside with more detailed explanations of the clauses) here.
Additional Banlist: Kartana, Xurkitree, Chansey, and Blissey.
Activity: I expect all matches to be done within a week or less, thus activity wins will only be granted when the lack of activity is blatant or similar cases. All matches that do not fit these criteria shall be decided by coin flipping.
Miscellaneous: You're limited to 1 Mega Evolution per team (as per OU Rules), and keep in mind that you cannot start the match already in the Mega Evolution state, thus you cannot change the ability of a Mega Pokémon (this also applies to Pokemon forms that are activated mid-battle, mainly Ash-Greninja). However, you're not restricted to the 510 EV limit, being able to use the unrestricted EVs format that BH follows.

Semifinals

HeadsILoseTailsYouWin vs. SinisterSalamence
ElMustacho vs. (WINNER of Funbot28 vs. MiyoKa)

Extension deadline is tomorrow at 23:59 EDT, and extension for the round is Sunday the 30th at 23:59 EDT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mq
Uhh. These aren't valid. I'm not sure if you saw the rules.
Pokemons has to be in OU or below (which means Aegislash isn't valid...). Also, both those replays are against the same person.
Rules says we have to use 580 BST Pokemons or less. Aegislash has 520. Thus Aegislash is legit. Blaziken would fall in the same case. It is called BH OU but it's just a name.
On the other hand FunBot did not show proof of beating MiyoKa. If by the end of this day (being the deadline) no proof is given, I suppose that the previous match is to be coinflipped?

Last edited:
Rules says we have to use 580 BST Pokemons or less. Aegislash has 520. Thus Aegislash is legit. Blaziken would fall in the same case. It is called BH OU but it's just a name.
On the other hand FunBot did not show proof of beating MiyoKa. If by the end of this day (being the deadline) no proof is given, I suppose that the previous match is to be coinflipped?
"This tournament will use two banlists: that of the OverUsed tier and that of the Balanced Hackmons tier. Anything that is banned on one or another is forbidden to use in this tournament" Aegislash is banned in OU, therefore it's banned in this tournament. The rules really aren't that hard to follow.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Oh I forgot about that, can we schedule a rematch?

Also I mistakenly edited the same replay with my previous post, I can find the replay if proof is needed but my opp can confirm

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, if you use a Pokemon which is banned the match is theorically forfeit. However, I will allow MiyoKa and ElMustacho to decide on whether or not they will want to take the win / rematch / let it go as such, just as I did last time this happened. I did not think that there'd be a problem like that in fucking semis though :|
Anyway, if needed I will just give an extension: we're almost done already and I just want the matches to be played already - and this is also a Type C tour so, yeah. If you guys could answer quickly, I'd love it!

Imagine having this level of reading comprehension and then calling someone else out without double checking the actual rules.

How is this even a question? It says that Pokemon that are banned by OU Tierlist aren't legal right in the start post. She broke the rules, there have to be consequences. Whether she has to redo the battle or get a loss for it, is not up for Funbot to decide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)