Pachirisu

Pachirisu! most people's least favorite Electric Rodent but my favorite!

No banning (like it would happen!) discussion please!Please try NOT to say other things outclass it. if you do try to discuss something about Pachirisu.

Pachirisu doesn't have very much to offer at all and to put it short it's stats are craptastic. It's not an exaggeration to say that Ledian is even better. However pachirisu got quite a few new toys to play with this gen and let's see how well he will do in the lower tiers!

Movepool, stats, and abilities: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/417.shtml

Thank you dreamworld! no longer does Pachirisu have useless abilities! it gets Volt Absorb now! too bad it couldn't get lightningrod or Motor drive but volt absorb will suffice.

(I will not specify which ability I want as it's always votl absorb unless stated otherwise)

Bite then Scout!

Leftovers, Timid
252spe/200 Hp/56def
~Volt Change
~U-turn
~Super Fang
~Thunder wave/toxic

This set uses Pachirisu's solid speed and defenses! come in on a predicted Electric attack, when a teamate faints, or when you're up against a wall. The idea behind this set is to use Super fang to bring the opponent to half. then cripple them and or use either of the two scouting moves you have access to.

This set while seemingly bad let's Pachirisu's teamates take out a wall more easily or make a fast sweeper slower if you opt for thunderwave. with correct prediction you can switch in a frail sweeper and take a resisted hit. Due to Pachi's only weakness (ground) it's not a bad idea to switch in a levitator of a Flyer or someone who resists ground type attacks.

This set takes TONS of prediction but the payoff can be quite nice int he lower tiers.

Just Stop with the tears!

Leftovers/Life orb, timid.
252 spe/252sp.atk/4hp
~Fake Tears
~Super Fang
~Thunderbolt
~Hp Ice

Fake Tears will often force switches so you can super fang them on the switch then use fake tears again. If they do stay in Thunderbolt and Hidden power ice are good moves to use. This set is mediocre at best but it may surprise some faces.

Tiny Wall

Leftovers, Calm
252spd/252hp/4spA
~Toxic/U-turn/Volt Change
~Super Fang
~Light Screen
~Discharge

The supportisu set returns with Volt absorb and Volt change! this is pretty much one of the only good sets you can run with pachirisu. Light screen for added sp.def.

Name: Mammalkarp
Pachirisu @ Balloon/R.Battery
Hasty
252 Att/ 4 Spd/ 252 Spe
~ Endure
~ Flail
~ Quick Attack/ Volt Change
~Light Screen/ Super Fang/ Toxic
He sadly doesn't have many usebale sets, anyway, come in on a predicted switch, (balloon is prefered so you can come in on a predicted EQ), endure the next hit, Flail, and if your still alive, possibly Quick Attack kill the foe. Requires alot of predicting, but if your lucky you can get a KO. If your faster than the next opponent, you can set up Light Screen, take away half the opponent's health, or status them. Not very efficient in most cases, but if you can read your opponents, it's a quite valuable KO. Other than the other sets though, poor Pachirisu is pretty much outclassed by anything, even in the lower tiers, it's stats and stat distribution are just too poor =/

So what do you guys think of our little electric squirrel here?

Whilst Pachirisu is cute, and Volt absorb was a huge boost to it, sadly I don't think it will be used much. Good Sp.def isn't exactly complimentary to the rest of his stats.

Also, GF trolled with Emonga

It's not that good, but Volt Change was a nice addition. Also, a Covet+Gift Pass set might work with Pachirisu holding an iron ball or flame/toxic orb, but thats pretty inefficient and hard to set up. GF should have made Emonga the evolution and gave it better stats, but they still went ahead and killed Pachirisu's competitive standards =/

Crobat does the Super Fang and scout combo quit nicely. It also has much better defensive typing and support movepool.

sadly it's true... although I don't like to admit it. At least Pachi has a shot at lower tiers as I don't see Crobat ending up in NU anytime soon. or even UU really.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
sadly it's true... although I don't like to admit it. At least Pachi has a shot at lower tiers as I don't see Crobat ending up in NU anytime soon. or even UU really.
Still he is kinda outclassed by Raticate who gets U-Turn and Super Fang too with similar defenses and at least a usable attack stat coupled with guts and slightly better speed stat.

Pachirisu got a nice buff with volt absorb though, but it is still one of the worst pokemon in the game together with the likes of Lovedisc etc. even Spinda seems good compared to them.

I hope Pachirisu gets a cute evolution now... the chances... Any other viable sets for him without them being outclassed even in the lower tiers?
It's a huge strech, but an endure+Flail set might work, but it just has such poor attack, even at one hp it isn't going to be doing much damage =/
But, I guess with good prediction, this could work:

Name: Mammalkarp
Pachirisu @ Balloon
Hasty
Ability: Volt Absorb
252 Att/ 4 Spd/ 252 Spe
~ Endure
~ Flail
~ Quick Attack/ Volt Change
~Light Screen/ Super Fang/ Toxic
He sadly doesn't have many usebale sets, anyway, come in on a predicted switch, (balloon is prefered so you can come in on a predicted EQ), endure the next hit, Flail, and if your still alive, possibly Quick Attack kill the foe. Requires alot of predicting, but if your lucky you can get a KO. If your faster than the next opponent, you can set up Light Screen, take away half the opponent's health, or status them. Not very efficient in most cases, but if you can read your opponents, it's a quite valuable KO. Other than the other sets though, poor Pachirisu is pretty much outclassed by anything, even in the lower tiers, it's stats and stat distribution are just too poor =/

XD! I love the name! I'm adding it! that's the sad thing about pachirisu though. it requires tons of prediction and even then the payoff isn't great enough.

Pachirusu is one of my favourate pokemon, and a lvl91 with pickup, standing by for 5th gen journey.

Endure flail don't seems to be a lot of damage, looking at its attack. Super Fang is much preferred. Balloon can at least keep it alive for more than 1 turn. :)

think a rechargeable battery could work on the flail set? If you come into a predicted electric attack that is.
Come to think of it, it is quite a nice option, but prediction is what really matters... say you come in on a mixed Nidoking predicting a thunderbolt, but they predict your switch and EQ... in that case balloon could save you, leaving you to endure and flail, but it's probably a matter of preferance of what you want to take, but the only reason I'd say balloon is to have an immunity from a super effective attack and not get KO'd, as electric attacks, most of the time, won't be a OHKO, but after testing the set a few times, it's best when passed at least 2 SDs and come in on an EQ/Earth Power (was using a mawaile to lure in the attacks) with it's balloon (and it did save me quite a bit). But prediction is the key to sucess, and a rechargable battery could work just as well. Edit: Also, I'm not sure if rechargable battery works in conjunction with Volt Absorb.

hmm... Pachirisu doesn't have much to offer even in lower tiers... too much prediction needed and other things do the job better without as much prediction.

hmm Seed Bomb is pretty nice on a choice bander... but then again there's way better choices for choice band users who recieve an SD or whatever... unless you're like me and you REALLY wanna use Pachirisu in the lower tiers.

Awww, I was going to make this. :c I don't think you mentioned it got Follow Me.

Pachirisu @ Focus Sash/Balloon/Lum, Pinch, Micle Berry
Timid Nature {Volt Absorb}
252 HP / 252 Spe / 6 SpD

Follow Me
Super Fang
Thunderbolt/Thunder/Swagger
Thunder Wave/Gift Pass(or Fling)/Covet

Follow Me, Super Fang, Volt Absorb and 90 base Speed are the main reasons to use Pachirisu over Smeargle or Togekiss. In Triples and Doubles, draw attacks away from your partner and heal up while you use Discharge with something else, half opponent's HP with Super Fang, and annoy them with Thunder Wave and Swagger. If you don't like the fact that Swagger might power up your opponent too much, Sweet Kiss is there, but it's less accurate, and you can use the Swagger/Persim combo with your partner.

The item choice depends on your team. If you don't have an Earthquaker, or have no use for Gift Pass, use Focus Sash. The main reason to use Gift Pass/Fling is 100% accurate OHKO moves (though Gift Pass requires the recipient to be at low health), and stat healing and gain if your other Pokemon activated their Sash.

I might use this set for casual battles when B/W hits the shelves.

I kinda wish he had gotten static actually.. Imagine a Static superfang.... Ouch Hahah Eh either way I still love this lil guy even if he didn't get saved by the new game. Who knows mabe next time eh? I mean it took them a few generations on ditto but he finally got one right?

Static only paralyzes when the opponent makes contact and that too there's only a 30% chance of it happening. So Volt Absorb is much better. Complete immunity to a type+HP regeneration > 30% chance of paralysis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)