EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Embargo
- Toxic
- Haze

Aw yeah. Go chandelure.

I think curse already goes through subs, but I dunno if it's that good for a set without regeneration. Better leave it for yamask. Chandy has pretty good typing against nature power, being immune to normal and resisting ice, fairy, and grass

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
Beep Beep, Dugrio coming through.

Dugtrio @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 HP / 8 Def
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Swagger
- Substitute
- Protect / Stealth Rock

The main reason to use Dugrio is for Arena Trap and its high speed. The main thing to do with this set is Toxic and Swagger until the foe kills itself. Toxic and Arena Trap mix really well together, as Toxic damage will rack up. Swagger allows you to get in more chip damage and helps you get up a sub. Substitute is to block status, because if Duggy gets statused you might as well stop trying. Sub is usually your first move for this reason - to block status. Protect is there to stall out Toxic turns, but Stealth Rock can be used if you need Stealth Rock, since Protect isn't essential. Timid and 0 IVs in Atk is to minimize confusion damage, although you'll probably still do a number to yourself due to duggy's fragility and ok attack. Investing all the HP indo defense is probably not a bad idea.

Also, Gothitelle can totally cheat the no recovery clause. Kind of.

Gothitelle @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Recycle
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Taunt / Swagger

Recycle + Sitrus Berry lets Gothitelle have a pseudo-healing move. Toxic is there to stall shit out. Heal Bell lets you cure status on your team and on yourself. Taunt is to force struggle while Swagger lets you confuse and get chip damage. Again, min attack to minimize confusion damage. Shadow Tag lets you prolong and stall out mons with toxic.

Last edited:
Hmm.

Dusclops @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Spite
- Toxic
- Pain Split

PP stall. Get behind a Sub, and begin Spiting. Toxic if you see a gap to Toxic in, and Pain Split for healing. SDef chosen for second maxed stat as Kit Kasai proved that Aurorus can quite be incredibly painful with Refrigerate Nature Power, not even mentioning Misty Terrain Xerneas. Dusclops mostly chosen for having the lowest HP stat, but you could use Spiritomb or Dusknoir if you really wanted to.

Absol and Weavile can run similar sets with Pressurestall, but need different support moves- Absol has the advantage of being able to Mega if it needs to for the Magic Bounce boost, while Weavile will outspeed most things.

Huh. I'm kinda curious to see how this would do if it were actually implemented on PS, given that the battles are ridiculously long and would lag the server like hell.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Is there even a way to beat Poison heal mons?
Here you go:

Whimsicott @ Leftovers/Shed Shell
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Worry Seed
- Encore

infiltrator is to get past subs. Worry seed cancels their ability so they take poison damage, and leech seed is for sub-seed shenanigans. Encore is a good support move. Whimsicott kinda misses prankster here but you need infiltrator for the ph'ers.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf/Flame Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Embargo
- Toxic
- Haze

Aw yeah. Go chandelure.

I think curse already goes through subs, but I dunno if it's that good for a set without regeneration. Better leave it for yamask. Chandy has pretty good typing against nature power, being immune to normal and resisting ice, fairy, and grass
infiltrator is incompatible with trick on chandy.
seviper could be good for a similar role though, it gets switcheroo, haze, glare and gastro acid and can hold toxic orb

Jaiho

bandy legged troll
Bunch of random sets

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Magic Coat
- Swagger
- Aqua Ring

Set is pretty simple. You are immune to poison and leech seed so set up on stuff. get up an aqua ring, toxic stuff, bounce back annoying moves like will-o-wisp, let them hit themselves with swagger.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Toxic
- Rain Dance
- Leech Seed
- Nature Power

You recover a lot of HP every turn, and nature power does a teensy bit, letting you rack up leech seed, toxic, and tri attack damage

Smeargle @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Ingrain
- Baton Pass
- Magic Coat

go pass an ingrain to something that needs it. Also stops phazing, which is cool

Trubbish @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sticky Hold
Level: 2
EVs: 180 HP
Calm Nature
- Recycle
- Toxic
- Pain Split
- Spikes/ t-spikes/ spite

This is a cool 'mon that can't be tricked an assault vest, and has both pain split whittle dow opponents and the recycle + berry juice means its not going down fast. toxic for whittling, and the last slot can either be spikes, t-spikes, or spite, depending on what your team needs

Smogon (Koffing) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swagger
- Pain Split

first poke I thought of with toxic and will-o-wisp. pain split for recovery, swagger for residual damage

speaking of swagger, it is like the best filler move. There are no drawbacks, and can be really annoying

this seems like a good set:

Spiritomb @ Choice Specs
EVs: 76 HP
Bashful Nature
- Curse
- Pain Split
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp/Toxic/Torment/Swagger

canno

formerly The Reptile
this seems like a good set:

Spiritomb @ Choice Specs
EVs: 76 HP
Bashful Nature
- Curse
- Pain Split
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp/Toxic/Torment/Swagger
This is a really nice set, although Choice Band is better than Choice Specs because more confusion damage and you don't run the risk of accidentally giving something with Nature Power Specs.

Let's go whatwasthatnoise style, guys:

Kyurem-B @ Assault Vest
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Anything lol

Pass some attack boosts and sweep with struggle lol

Hp allows you to struggle 5 times I think
-_-

And actually, the move I use is Rain Dance, mainly so that if I get Tricked a set of Specs/Scarf I can potentially get myself back in the game. Also, Baton Pass is absolutely essential for this, as is Cleric support. Baton Pass support comes down to two options: Smeargle or a Speed Passer. Smeargle can pass Aqua Rings (Don't pass Ingrain unless you've gotten rid of all their Pranksters though otherwise you can't switch out for later) and set up with Shift Gear, but lacks the instant attack boost power that SDance and Swords Dance have. Speedpassers meanwhile can do additional support; Blaziken and Ninjask are the most worthwhile in this respect as they can use Will-O-Wisp and Defog respectively. Substitute is also a requirement as otherwise any Prankster can Swagger or Burn you.

Thing you have to watch out for; Pranksters. They can either Pain Split away your energy, status you to cripple your longevity and/or sweeping ability, or sit there spamming Substitute to waste your HP. Hazards help with this, but they're not perfect. Arena Trap and Shadow Tag support help mitigate this.

TalkTakesTime

as shallow as a plate of cereal
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've implemented this on Joim's Lab.
I may or may not have done it without testing, so if there are any problems, just flick me a VM or tag me in this thread and I'll fix it. IRC also works (I'm on as TTT most of the time)

Sigilyph @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 128 SDef / 252 HP / 128 Def
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Psycho Shift
- Trick
- Magic Coat

Magic Guard / Magic Coat too OP imo. No Flame Orb so no Guts Struggle sweepers. Oh, and...

Volbeat (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Tail Glow
- Baton Pass
- Trick

Regigigas @ Choice Specs
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Nature Power

Baton Pass the +3 / +6 SpA to a base 80 SpA Specsmon that has STAB Nature Power and see the World trembling before you.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Volbeat (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Tail Glow
- Baton Pass
- Trick

Regigigas @ Choice Specs
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Nature Power

Baton Pass the +3 / +6 SpA to a base 80 SpA Specsmon that has STAB Nature Power and see the World trembling before you.
I like the idea of a Nature Power user completely subverting the whole metagame, but wouldn't Adaptibilty Porygon-Z or Scrappy Exploud be better suited for this role?

Porygon-Z can't learn Nature Power

Exploud can't learn Nature Power

If they would learn it, they would be.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Porygon-Z can't learn Nature Power

Exploud can't learn Nature Power

If they would learn it, they would be.
Oh. Well, that's embarrassing. I really need to stop thinking that all OMs are Hackmons.
I also didn't know Regigigas could learn Nature Power.
Besides Regigigas, the best user appears to be Xerneas, which is faster but less powerful.

We don't really need speed here, right? Because no other attacks that we can use. Only bulkymons can take this good, otherwise base 80 isn't that bad for 80 power STAB attacks, right? Also, a free Specs, so it's enough damage. Xerneas is only fast, but Regigigas has 110/110/110 bulk and it has the STAB thing.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Magic Guard too OP imo.
Magic Guard is banned. However, Psycho Shift is a really interesting move in this meta now that you mention it. Toxic seems to be flying everywhere and this a more aggressive way to get rid of it.

Oh. Well, that's embarrassing. I really need to stop thinking that all OMs are Hackmons.
I also didn't know Regigigas could learn Nature Power.
Besides Regigigas, the best user appears to be Xerneas, which is faster but less powerful.
Aurorus is probably the best user, refrigerate means it isn't blocked by ghosts.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Xerneas had the highest spA I think, has misty terrain to hit ghosts, and has op boosting in geomancy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)