Pokémon Pangoro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it ridiculous that this thing cant even get Mach Punch by breeding. Unless I'm mistaken, but its looking like it has no real way of abusing its Iron Fist ability bar Hammer Arm unless/until some gen-6 move-tutors come in to the future-installments.

Also, for everyone wishing Pangoro would get Sucker Punch, I feel I should just tell you guys that Sucker Punch does not get boosted by Iron Fist. This is due to a translation-error made by the GF-staff during gen-4, where in Japan, Sucker Punch is dubbed as Surprise Attack. Because of this, it is not considered a Punch move and thus doesn't get the buff.

Also, for everyone wishing Pangoro would get Sucker Punch, I feel I should just tell you guys that Sucker Punch does not get boosted by Iron Fist. This is due to a translation-error made by the GF-staff during gen-4, where in Japan, Sucker Punch is dubbed as Surprise Attack. Because of this, it is not considered a Punch move and thus doesn't get the buff.
I think most people are aware of that. Sucker Punch is awesome for Pangoro regardless because it's priority STAB.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
For the Rest Talk set, what is the best hold item. Sorry if its a stupid question, still learning competitive battling.
maybe life orb or lefties. dont really know exactly since I dont know its full set. But a damage reduction berry for fairy attacks (if it exists) on it might be helpful.

maybe life orb or lefties. dont really know exactly since I dont know its full set. But a damage reduction berry for fairy attacks (if it exists) on it might be helpful.
It exists, it's called the Roseli Berry. For RestTalk, I think it'd be better to run Leftovers just so you can squeeze in some extra HP while you're asleep, especially for those situations where Sleep Talk selects Rest, but Life Orb is worth considering if it can nab Pangoro any notable advantage with the damage boost.
The berry could work too, but it depends on how prevalent Fairies or Fairy moves are going to be in whatever tier it's going to be placed in.

So something like this would be acceptable
Pangoro Leftovers
Scrappy
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
Rest
Sleep Talk
Circle Throw
Bulk Up

Last edited:

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
ok that was probably a troll haha. no other way around that reason besides the fact that ninjask knows it as well

It may just be me but I feel choice scarf would be the way to go on. I mean most of the stuff switching in would care less about getting their attacks weaker because most of them would be walls. Also with a choice scarf on he'd be working it similarily to ttar by hitting hard and fairly fast. Plus he'd be getting more out of parting shot by lowering the attacking stats of offensive mons he's slightly faster than.

On a less serious note love how the Pangoro thread was started by ScraftyIsTheBest

Scrappy with stab iron fist boosted hammer arm is going to be great for wrecking Spiritomb and Sableye on the switch in or if you can avoid burn. I'd love to see damage calc on hammer arm vs Spiritomb with hazards.

Sorry for asking but what would some good teammates be for rest talk pangoro
Talonflame
Life Orb/Choice Band (I prefer Coice Band)
Gale Wings
Adamant
4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spd
Flare Blitz
Brave Bird
Steel Wing
U-Turn

This guy is great against pokemon that use the time of your sleeping panda to set up and then take him out. The best example is a personal one i had yesterday battling a friend. He had be down to 2 pokemon and he sat at a comfortable 3. he had just taken out my Pangoro after setting up a Belly Drum Azumarill (Yeah I know my stupidity in letting him do this) he just looked at me and said, and I qoute, "your done, thats a +6 aqua jet on azumarill" I let you imagine is manical laughter. Now before the battle he had scoffed at the sight of my Talonflame. So when I sent it out, he looked at me again with a 'Your bout to lose biatch' look. so when I proceeded to Clean sweep his remaining 3 pokemon all with just a banded talonflames brave bird with OHKOs (including azumarill) and win the match, lets just say he wasnt scoffing at talonflame then

Sorry bout double post, my phone which i am posting from wont let me edit, so please understand. Life orb is there so if you need to U-turn prefer your ability swap when needed over super charged 120 STAB (180) banded priority move. Im not biased (as much as that sounded) but it really can be one hell of a revenge killer. A priority that powerful is VERY dangerous.

I think im definitely gonna go with the choice band Talonflame. Now i just have to come up with the rest of the team that works well with these guys

Sorry for the double post. I've been giving it a little thought but since Talonflame has a x4 weakness to stealth rocks, I think Blastoise might good for the team to rapid spin my problems away

Sorry for the double post. I've been giving it a little thought but since Talonflame has a x4 weakness to stealth rocks, I think Blastoise might good for the team to rapid spin my problems away
Defog is more reliable cause you can use it even if they swap a ghost in or shadow sneak protean greninja to prevent a rapid spin. Personally, Ibthink a good bluff spinner that also learns defog so you can make it look like your gonna rapid spin but when.you defog you made them waste a turn if they swap in a ghost type (Gengar, Banetter etc)

Nice i had no idea Greninja learned Defog. Would having spikes on him be beneficial to him or should i have someone else for hazards
No greninja doesnt learn Defog. But protean (his hidden ability) Would change him to ghost type as a priority move, meaning you cant use rapid spin to clear hazards (cause its normal so doesnt hit ghosts) this is a spinblock method. Previously people would rapid spin but people would swap in a trustworthy ghost type. My point was, take a pokemon that learns rapid spin (Starmie etc) and replace its Rapid spin with defog. This can fool opponent into swapping in a ghost to spinblock you but when they do, you defog, which clears the field anyway and cant be blocked by Ghosts.

No greninja doesnt learn Defog. But protean (his hidden ability) Would change him to ghost type as a priority move, meaning you cant use rapid spin to clear hazards (cause its normal so doesnt hit ghosts) this is a spinblock method. Previously people would rapid spin but people would swap in a trustworthy ghost type. My point was, take a pokemon that learns rapid spin (Starmie etc) and replace its Rapid spin with defog. This can fool opponent into swapping in a ghost to spinblock you but when they do, you defog, which clears the field anyway and cant be blocked by Ghosts.
Gotcha thanks for the insight, im still way too new at competitive battling

So how does this set look like:

Pangoro @ Choice Band
152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Iron Fist / Scrappy
Adamant Nature
Sky Uppercut/Hammer Arm/Storm Throw
Crunch
Poison Jab
Parting Shot

104 Speed EVs make it outspeed minimum investment Base 70, Hammer Arm + Iron Fist is its most powerful STAB but has the drawback of lowering speed, Sky Uppercut is a good alternative, it has 18 less BP after Iron Fist(120 vs 102) and has no drawbacks. Storm Throw only has an effective 90BP but it ignores attack drops which can be useful against Intimidate users and its with Scrappy its less risky to lock yourself to Storm Throw as opposed to Hammer Arm and Sky Uppercut which NEED Iron Fist(It's not worth it otherwise), Crunch is its best secondary STAB, Poison Jab can dent Fairy switch-ins and Parting Shot is its ace in the hole that's great for keeping momentum up and opening set-up opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)