Which Sprite?

• King of Anime

Votes: 65 61.9%
  • Dragonzrule

Votes: 40 38.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't have to look bulky; a mummy is automatically bulky. They look like twigs wrapped in paper, but they can take any hit and stay standing. This is true of every mummy in popular culture (though not of real ancient egyptian culture).

how is it a moot point when the one dragon has offered does look part fighting and bulky, yet half the people that decided this pokemon would be bulky and half fighting have voted for the one that in comparision doesn't fit this criteria.
So...in order for any Pokemon to be considered bulky and a part fighting type it has to be 1) Blocky or Fat in shape and 2) In some dynamic pose amirite? But I see a problem in both of them.

Point 1: Being Fat or a brick in shape =/= Bulkiness. Uxie, Leafeon, Celebi, Umbereon, Jirachi, etc.... don't look bulky but have reasonable good defensive stats. Hell let's talk about Celebi and Jirachi, two of the most bulkiest little fucker I ever seen. Seriously...they can take hits like champs and they're only one to two feet tall.

Point 2: Pose doesn't alway mean easy to see typing

voted KOA because it looks more DP'ish.
dragonz looks too cartoonish. we arent making a cartoon mummy =/.
damn pegusus would come and invade our pokemons.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
voted KOA because it looks more DP'ish.
dragonz looks too cartoonish. we arent making a cartoon mummy =/.
damn pegusus would come and invade our pokemons.
Pokemon sprites ALL look cartoonish. I mean, really. Look at BLISSEY.

oh so the fact that KOA's is too detailed for a pokemon sprite
Detail is bad?
, or that it doesn't even look part fighting,
Please explain. Those big hands hint to the fact better than you'd expect.
or the fact that it really does not fit the fairly bulky defences that were decided upon doesn't matter.
How does it not look bulky. Really. Explain this as well.

KOA's back sprite is better though
Dragonz looks more like fighting than ghost, and we've decided that fighting was it's secondary type, meaning it's a hijacker or in for the ride more than anything. That's why we have a "Main type" and a "Secondary type"

I love the hand of win, but it's just so big it makes the sprite, again, A giant hand with a mummy attached.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
Blegh.

My biggest issue with Dragonzrule's sprite is probably the bandage outlines disappearing after they run for a few pixels. I mean, come on, there's practically as much solid space as there is bandage. Other than that (and perhaps the space-consuming hand previously mentioned), I don't have too much of a problem with it. But then, there's KoA's sprite in competition, and I don't see too many actual problems with it. So...

beej

Sorry for long post. People will disagree with me, but to be honest, when I compare these sprites with things like Dusknoir and Hariyama(the "best ones to compare them with" as Gothic Togekiss said) I think that KoA's is sorta the odd one out.

beej

Random sprites? First of all, they're pokemon sprites, and if something is going into the same game, it's very reasonable to use in-game artwork to compare. Second, Ghost is a perfect example of a bulky Ghost Hariyama a bulky Fighting-type, so that's even more reasonable. You can disagree with me, but it's far from idiotic.

I think KoA's sprite blends well with the in-game sprites. However, should it win, the general sprite outline and the bandage outlines of the frontal sprite should be darkened. The colours used in the back sprite for each type of line look perfect for the job, in my opinion.

beej

I think it may bit a bit too detailed, but I suspect that darkening the outline would actually make it considerably better.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
One thing I've noticed is that each generation tends towards a certain style in terms of artwork and design for their Pokemon (ala Butterfree and Beautifly). While Dusknoir is in an oddly similar pose, it doesn't really match Dusknoir in terms of styling and such.

In retrospect, why does Revenankh need to be compared to other Pokemon, again? Judge Revenankh by itself, and friggin' ignore that Dragonzrule's has hands in equal size of Hariyama's. This is the mold-breaker Pokemon, folks.

Beej, you've failed to provide Dragonz Back sprite.
Therefore inaccurate and you're only showing the Best of Dragonz.

Please fix this.

Thank you.

I was just worried because you wern't comparing the Backsprite, which is worse than the front, you were implying Bias.

I love how people get the most emotional over one of the least important parts. The art threads always have the biggest arguments, simply because everything in them is entirely subjective.

I wish this kind of passion went into the Stats and Movepool threads...

YOU LEAVE BASE 600'S ALONE!!... SO WHAT IF THEY ARE UBER? ALL YOU ASk IS MORE AND M...
ill just stop with the criss crocker.

hyra, you and me both wish that.

You saying i didn't argue t-punch and WoW good enuf?

Fine, next stats and Movepool's watch out for meh cause i'll get mah way.

I wish this kind of passion went into the Stats and Movepool threads...
I WANT MOTHERFUCKING THUNDERPUNCH, NAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Okay, now I got that out that silliness out of the way, I'll just say that maybe it's because it's tirining to alway be arguing over shit lol

No I mean you guys didn't get as emotional. There was a lot of arguing, but a lot less of (word meaning emotion but is not called emotion so I don't sound repetitive).

Yeah, it's just amazing how people respond to art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)