Path of the Beast

Välkomnande till Djävul Ö.

[Field Control]
What's a team without a way to dominate the field? The point of this section is to maintain field control with passive offensive methods.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Nature/EVs: Timid/184 HP/120 Def/204 SpA
Moveset:
-Leech Seed
-Seed Flare
-Hidden Power Fire
-Protect

Shaymin is really just a great Pokémon, for being so huggable it's a beast. The EVs are kind of being played around with. Timid is my typical 600 BST Special Attacker Nature. Leech Seed + Protect scouts moves and heals me up consistently. Hidden Power Fire kills off Grass types and Sap Sippers thinking they can eat my Leech Seeds. Seed Flare is clearly Shaymin's best move -2ing Chansey and Snorlax. Natural Cure lets be switch out of status problems. Shaymin's main purpose is to deal with bulky waters and weaken walls with Leech Seed + Protect. Shaymin usually scores a KO or two per game and usually dies on a bad switch in. Shaymin also acts as a great status absorber seeing as I can just switch out and cure them. Shaymin is pretty neccessary for this team.

Froslass @ Leftovers
Trait: Cursed Body
Nature/EVs: Bold/232 HP/100 Def/176 SpD
Moveset:
-Taunt
-Spikes
-Ice Beam
-Substitute

Froslass is like a plague it will kill everything subtly over time. Froslass' role is to set up Spikes, block spins and laugh at the likes of setup sweepers. I used a Bold Nature to take physical hits and live with hopes of getting the Disable. The EVs are for obvious bulk. Ice Beam is reliable STAB and can kill annoying Flying types and Flygons. Spikes are my only form of Entry hazard, they serve as an ability to dent all grounded Pokés. Substitute is just Cursed Body abuse and Taunt trolls/breaks walls. Froslass's job is to send out hazards and use Taunt to limit the opponents options outside of attacking then they either switch or chance Cursed Body activating. Froslass usually nets a kill every game. Froslass usually dies to Pursuit or a surprise Hidden Power. Froslass can be switched by another Cursed Body Ghost that can lay Spikes wait there are none.

[Enter the Fist]
My 3 Fighting troll group to smash out defenses thinking they'll hold me back. If you guys are smart though you'll know that beasts can't be held back.

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
Nature/EVs: Adamant/252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
Moveset:
-Whirlwind
-Knock Off
-Drain Punch
-Rest

Hariyama is a multitasker and status absorber since he doesn't mind. The EVs are pretty much for max bulk and max power. Adamant is all that's necessary. Knock Off ruins walls and Trick users on the switch. Whirlwind phazes out set up sweepers and racks up Spikes damage. I used to have dual attacking but the Rest + Drain Punch combo pretty much maximizes the bulky potential of Hariyama. Hariyama is a pseudo-wall and does my pHazing job and ruins walls trying to shut me down. Hariyama doesn't net a kill on average but he can weaken the enemies for the sure kill after racking up them Spikes. He dies mostly to burn damage or Staraptor dropping a Brave Bird. He's pretty much irreplacable. (Thanks TM13)

Gallade @ Life Orb
Trait: Steadfast
Natures/EVs: Jolly/116 HP/252 Atk/142 Spe
Moveset:
-Drain Punch
-Psycho Cut
-Bulk Up
-Ice Punch

Gallade is an absolute monster being a bulky Bulk Up sweeper. The EVs/Nature is pretty standard/weird. I have Steadfast so I can use Drain Punch to get my health back from Life Orb recoil. Psycho Cut is my secondary Physical STAB being there more for coverage. Ice Punch takes out Grass types, Staraptor and Flygons like a man. Gallade's job is to get a setup sweep going and dominate opponents walls with sheer force. Gallade averages at least 2 kills a game or none depending on what happens. Gallade could be replaced but not much Fighting types get that Psychic coverage + special bulk. (Gallade is killed by switching in on hazards or that last bit of Toxic damage takes me out.)

Machamp @ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
Nature/EVs: Adamant/252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Moveset:
-Close Combat
-Ice Punch
-Bullet Punch
-Payback

Machanp is my replacement for Hitmonlee he works better and he is so much cooler. The Adamant 252/252 maximizes attack and bulk. Close Combat is obvious for STAB, Bullet Punch is a great priority move, Ice Punch has coverage and Payback is a beastly coverage move that combos with Machamps low speed. Machamp's purpose is being a Choice Band wallbreaker that can smash multiple walls and attackers with great coverage. Machamp scores 1.5 kills a game on average. Machamp dies to being outsped or accidentally switching in on hazards and killing himself when I'm being stupid. He could be replaced but he is just beastly.

[Cleaning House]
Late game sweepers are pretty much necessary on every team that isn't gayStall.

Crawdaunt @ Leftovers
Trait: Adaptability
Nature/EVs: Adamant/108 HP/252 Atk/120 Def/30 SpD
Moveset:
-Swords Dance
-Crabhammer
-Crunch
-Rock Slide/X-Scissor

You guys are probably saying "lolnub u suk crawdaunt sux" well then you can leave. I tried a DDanceCrab but he just doesn't work as well as Bulky SDCrab. EVs are just for bulk and more murder from the Rogue Crab. Crabhammer is iffy since the accuracy trolls me but it has a chance to hax out the opponent and that's lovely. Crunch is my secondary STAB and can mess up physical walls by dropping their defense. Rock Slide is kind of working out but X-Scissor really helps me kill Grassholes thinking they can wall me. Crawdaunt acts as my lategame sweeper once most of his checks have been put down and the opponent is mostly weak. He scores 2 kills on average against weakened/walled Pokés and one on neutral Pokés. He might be replaced by Darmanitan but we'll see my friends.

[Outro]

That was Path of the Beast really. The team is yet to be tested seriously. Sorry for not mentioning it in the beginning but sorry for the lack of images but I'm on a cellular and it is a huge pain to post images seeing as it's near impossible to c/p. If you don't get the team here's the tl;dr Spam Physical Fighting types and own late game with Crawdaunt if needed.

The whole entire threatlist is pulverized by the Crab/Fighting/Field Control setup.

To begin my team I was new to UU so I looked around at other UU RMTs and the threat list and it looked easy enough. I needed a team theme I was spinning team ideas, at the time I saw 4drag2mag and it was gay/cool. Now I put a spin on it and then 3 Fighting 3 Beasts.

Theme: Control Offense [Path of the Beast]

The name is a bit of an inside joke in between my friends. (My friend Anthony did a Ruby Nuzlocke/Scramble, I dubbed it the Path of the Beast. I gave him a Seedot named Beastly he overleveled it into a Shiftry and it was killed by a crit, Anthony flipped so hard he quit the whole entire challenge.)

Title: Path of the Beast

I needed my Pokés at this point so going through invalids Tier List I saw the first member a Leech Seeder that can mess with walls and outspeed some annoying Hail guys/Steels. Shaymin made the team.

Section: Field Control

Pokémon: Shaymin

Now I needed a wallbreaker with the Ghost typing and access to entry hazards. Froslass was enlisted. Froslass also finishes a Grass-Fire-Ice Special coverage combo.

Pokémon: Shaymin Froslass

So I started my Enter the Fist part of the team. With 3 physical Fighting types that turn walls to dust and laugh at the likes of 5 different types.

Section: Enter the Fist

For the beginning of Enter the Fist a bulky multitasker with the ability to absorb status moves for my other attackers. Hariyama can use Knock Off and pHaze with Whirlwind.

Pokémon: Shaymin Froslass Hariyama

Next in line was a Bulk Up setup sweeper that could sponge up special hits that the former Froslass wouldn't appreciate. Gallade was perfect for this role.

Pokémon: Shaymin Froslass Hariyama Gallade

Oh no the last Pokémon for Enter the Fist, a Choice Banded wallbreaker clearly fit with the rest of the gang. Now there's so much to choose from, I didn't need a particularly bulky Pokémon either. Hitmonlee actually was suggested by a friend.

Pokémon: Shaymin Froslass Hariyama Gallade Hitmonlee

So I just used my favorite Pokémon Crawdaunt who I think is a monstrous late-game sweeper with Swords Dance.

Section: Cleaning House
Pokémon: Shaymin Froslass Hariyama Gallade Hitmonlee Crawdaunt

Categories:
Theme: Control Offense

Title: Path of the Beast

Sections: Field Control | Enter the Fist | Cleaning House

Pokémon: Shaymin Froslass Hariyama Gallade Hitmonlee Crawdaunt

Abombasnow: Fighting destroys him and HP Fire from Shaymin is manslaughter.

Aerodactyl: Sash variants can't hurt and attackers with LO can get wrecked by Froslass Ice Beam and Rock Slides and Crabhammer OHKOes.

Alakazam: Pursuit traps him but I can be hurt by frail man

Ambipom: Fighting wrecks him completely and Froslass walls him.

Arcanine: Rock Slides and EQ wrecks and Crabhammer will auto kill.

Azelf: Same as Alakazam but suicide variants get blown up with no kill on the Froslass switch.

Azumaril: With a proper stick and move and move strategy Azu will punish me but Shaymin clearly OHKOes all day.

Bisharp: Fighting is going to kill HP Fire kills and EQ murders.

Celebi: NP is annoying but those 7 weaknesses bite Celebi in the pooper.

Charizard: Barely seen but he really has no counters on this team.

Cobalion: Fighting, Fire and Ground all are on thus team and Cobalion is weak to all. He barely barely scratches me though.

Crobat: He is insanely bulky but with persistency Ice Beams will kill.

Donphan: Ice Beam, Seed Flare, Crabhammer destroy the elephant

Dugtrio: The same as Donphan.

Durant: HP Fire kills but he can take physical hits like a champ so I'm a bit worried.

Eelektross: Eelektross sucks.

Electivire: EQ and Electivire sux.

Emboar: Crabhammer and EQ.

Escavalier: Trick Room variants are a pain but if TR isn't up HP Fire kills.

Flygon: Ice Beam and Ice Punch gg.

Froslass: Rock Slide and HP Fire.

Gallade: Physical hits ram him to death.

Galvantula: Rock Slide and HP Fire destroy the stupid bug.

Golurk: Pursuit, Crabhammer and Ice Beam he really sucks.

Gorebyss: Whirlwind phases Gayton Pass teams and it's frail.

Heracross: Walled by Froslass and killed by most HP Fires.

Honchkrow: Big hat is killed by Ice Beams and Rock Slides.

Houndoom: Fighting move gg.

Huntail: Gayton pass.

Jolteon: Sux

Kingdra: Knock Off the Chesto and kill it with anything.

Krookidile: Fighting moves.

Lilligant: Ice Beam, HP Fire and Ice Punch murder frailigant.

Mamoswine: Fighting, HP Fire and proper playing will always do well.

Medicham: He's a pain.

Mew: Pursuit and proper playing do well.

Mismagius: Calm Mind is a pain but she's frail and doesn't like Pursuit.

Moltres: Charizard.

Nidoking: EQ hurts and Ice Beam will do some damage.

Ninjask: Rock Slides, HP Fire and Ice Beam kill the frail bug.

Porygon-Z: Fighting moves.

Raikou: EQ and proper playing destroys Raikou.

Rhyperior: Seed Flare, Crabhammer, EQ and Fighting murder this ugly thing.

Rotoms: TrickScarfers kind of hurt but the regulars are easy.

Sawsbuck: Fighting, Fire and Ice murder this guy.

Sceptile: HP Fire and Ice Beam murder the reptile.

Scolipede: HP Fire kills hard.

Scyther: Ninjask.

Sharpedo: Fighting and Seed Flare murder the creature.

Shaymin: HP Fire and Ice Beam.

Sigilyph: Repeated hits will murder this thing.

Smeargle: >.> Murdered by fighting and Spikes.

Snorlax: special wall vs physical SE.

Stoutland: Walled by Froslass and destroyed by a barrage of Fighting moves.

Suicune: They can be killed by Seed Flares and repeated physical attacks.

Togekiss: Rock Slide and Ice Beam but paraflinching is a problem but it can be stopped.

Venomoth: It's frail and hope sleepy powder misses.

Victini: Crawdaunt loves you.

Weavile: Fighting moves.

Yanmega: Scyther.

Zoroark: Fighting and prediction.

Defensive:

Altaria: Ice Punches.

Chansey: Really?

Claydol: He can be worn down with a ton of SE moves.

Clefable: Sup Chansey

Cresselia: It can be worn down.

Deoxys-D: Cress.

Drapion: Eurfquakes.

Dusclops: He Gets worn down

Dusknoir: Weaker Dusclops.

Empoleon: Fighting moves, Earthquakes.

Ferroseed: HP Fire and any Fighting moves.

Gastrodon: He gets worn down and Seed Flares say hai.

Gligar: Ice Punch, Ice Beam and Crabhammers.

Hippotas: Ice Punch, Ice Beam etc.

Hitmontop: He gets wrecked by Psycho Cuts.

Milotic: Seed Flares and repeated attacks break Milo.

Nidoqueen: Defensive Nidoking >.>

Quagsire: Seed Flares.

Registeel: Fighting moves and HP Fires will kill.

Roserade: Psycho Cuts and HP Fire.

Rotom: Pursuit traps.

Slowbro: Seed Flares will wear down stupid bro.

Spiritomb: Repeated hits kill.

Tangrowth: HP Fire and Ice Beams.

Umbreon: SE fighting moves will wear down this thing.

Uxie: Pursuit and Taunt will kill.

Walrein: Fighting moves will kill.

Weezing: Psycho Cut and special attacks can kill the physical defensive wall.

Xatu: Pursuit, Rock Slide and repeated Ice Moves kill.

Zapdos: Rock Slides and Ice moves.

I found the pics on Google images by the way.

Could you please add some pictures? I'd like to rate, but I'd be more willing to do it if i can see the pokes i have to rate ;) otherwise i'll rate in a while anyway

Thanks ShinyAzelf for pointing that out.

I'll get around to images when I can find a computer that isn't my phone

A bump is all we need. I added a teambuilding process thing and an arrogant sentence explaining how my combo wrecks the whole entire threatlist.

Perhaps replace Hitmonlee with a new arrival to UU?

Machamp @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252hp/252atk/4spd
-Close Combat
-Ice Punch
-Bullet Punch
-Payback

Basically does the same thing Hitmonlee did, but better. Set is pretty self explanitory.

Hope I helped. I know that you were awaiting some feedback.

I finished the threat list. What do you guys think about a dual screen Claydol with r0x? Cuz my team is hurting for some r0x atm.

Claydol sux hard. I would use Darmanitan over Crawdaunt but those Water attacks make a great coverage finisher but Darmanitan has that HUGE power. Bump.

why toxic orb on hariyama?
works better with flame orb. burn doesn't increase damage as turns pass by and also doesn't lower your attack because of guts! but otherwise it is a great team.

I'm not planning on using Flame Orb because it does 12.5% 1st turn but it takes Toxic three turns to get there and I'm not planning on staying in 3+ turns with Hariyama.

>.> You're telling me Crawdaunt doesn't learn Pursuit. Well then there's only one logical way to handle this a glock to the brain. Should I use Crunch or Night Slash?

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
In my opinion, the best crawdaunt set is this:

Crawdaunt@Leftovers/Life Orb
Nature Jolly, 6 Evs Hp, 252 Evs Atk, 252 Evs Spe
Dragon Dance
Crunch
Crab Hammer/Waterfall
Aerial Ace

Or you can try this

Crawdaunt@Leftovers/Life Orb
Nature Jolly, 6 Evs Hp, 252 Evs Atk, 252 Evs Spe
Dragon Dance
Crunch
Crab Hammer/Waterfall
Substitute

I'm not planning on using Flame Orb because it does 12.5% 1st turn but it takes Toxic three turns to get there and I'm not planning on staying in 3+ turns with Hariyama.
Why wouldn't you? Hariyama is one of the bulkiest Fighting-types out there and your set (WW/Knock Off/CC/Payback) seems to suggest that you're running something bulky. I'd actually second Flame Orb, but put Drain Punch and Rest over CC and Payback.

OK Tm13. DDance Crab isn't that great in my opinion. DDance is more useful when you're cowering behind a Sub. SD is more effective when you're in the open LIKE A MAAAAAAYAAAAANNNN!!!!!!

Switch Guts for No guard - its much better. Great cos of DynamicPunch - beastly move 100 damage + STAB also 100% confusion. Full accuracy cos of No guard. This is a must on Machamp!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)