(Peaked #3) All-Out Outrage Offense

I go by the names lostaurora, aurora, and lost [test] on PO's Smogon server (Dream World) where I'll be using one of several teams.

This team, under the name Lost [Test], peaked at #3 on Smogon Dream World, with a ranking of 1461.

This is another new team for me to try out when I don't feel like playing with my rain team. All credit for this team idea comes from jewb from the Smogon server, who ripped through my old rain team with a team similar to this one.

The whole idea of this team is to spam Outrage to blast holes in the opponents; when the Outraging dragon is revenged, I use Magnezone and Chandelure to trap and kill the opponent, and proceed to do this until the opponent runs out of Pokemon that can tank Outrages, and let the four Dragons do their job.

In-Depth Analysis:

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe

- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Dragonite usually ends up opening up the battle for me. Not many things can OHKO it when it's at full health with Multiscale, allowing me to start killing stuff right off the bat. With max Attack and a Band, Dragonite is no pushover. Outrage is on all four dragons, for maximum damage output. Earthquake and Fire Punch cover all the Steels that resist Outrage, and Extremespeed is useful priority that can pick off weakened enemies. It has enough speed to outspeed Max Spe Tyranitar and put a large dent in it with Earthquake, or just smash a predicted switch-in with Banded Outrage.

Haxorus @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpAtk)
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

- Outrage
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

Haxorus is now banded, where it used to be Scarfed. With its enormous 147 base Attack + Choice Band, it allows me to take out a lot of threats, and can even brute force its way through some Steels. Outrage, once again, is used for the sheer damage it causes. Dual Chop breaks Subs, Sashes, and Multiscale, and can be used if I don't need Outrage's power. Earthquake is there, once again, to destroy opposing Steels. Brick Break is almost exclusively for Ferrothorn and Air Balloon Excadrill, because Haxorus' movepool is very shallow - it doesn't even get Stone Edge.

Salamence @ Haban Berry
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SpDef)
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 60 SpAtk / 196 Spe

- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

The third Dragon along the line, a relatively standard MixMence that's great at breaking some of the more dedicated physical walls. Outrage and Earthquake are self-explanatory, while Draco Meteor leaves huge dents in physically defensive Pokemon. Fire Blast roasts Ferrothorns, Scizors, and Forretress who think they can wall Salamence. The Haban Berry is used just to check other Dragons, as my team is clearly Dragon-weak. The idea is to come in after an opposing Dragon has KO'ed something, lower its Attack by one stage, tank the incoming Dragon-type move, and revenge it with Outrage/DM. I'm very open to suggestions about the EV spread on Mence, as I'm not sure this is optimal, but it has just enough Speed to outspeed +Nature Base 80s.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

- Outrage
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Scarfchomp has replaced SD Chomp on this team, as the whole team was centered on immediate threatening potential and having Sub+SD was contrary to the whole idea. It switches in on a resisted attack and begins to wreak havoc. Outrage is picked over Dragon Claw for the additional 50% power, which can be the game-changer sometimes. Dual Chop on Chomp serves the same purpose as it does on Haxorus - breaking Sashes, Subs, and Multiscale or killing a weaker threat without being locked into Outrage. Earthquake is powerful secondary STAB, and Stone Edge is for Flying-types when I don't want to lock myself into Outrage. Adamant is used over Jolly for the additional power, and I haven't yet run into problems with it. It misses being able to carry Yache Berry, but it's working pretty well so far.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature (+SpAtk, -Atk)
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe

- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Chandelure serves as an excellent trapper on this team, boasting a powerful 145 Base Special Attack. Its primary role is to revenge Steels like Genesect or Scizor that have taken down a Dragon, to allow for easier Outrage sweeps later on. Because Chandelure is used primarily to trap Steels like Skarmory and Scizor, Flamethrower is preferred over Fire Blast to ensure that nothing goes wrong. Shadow Ball gets solid coverage, and acts as secondary STAB. Energy Ball wrecks weakened Water-types, as well as Quagsire and Swampert, and also takes down Hippowdon at around ~60%. HP Ice is invaluable to take down opposing Dragons and Gliscor, and other weakened Flying-type threats. Chandelure is non-negotiable; I need it to ensure a KO on the Steels that cause my dragons problems.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpDef)
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe

- U-Turn
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Genesect replaces Magnezone as the Steel-type on this team. It's mainly used as a Steel- and Dragon-killer, taking down unsuspecting Steels with Flamethrower and easily cleaning up on Outraging Dragons with Ice Beam. Download is a fantastic ability, either allowing for extra-power U-Turns which are excellent for scouting and keeping momentum, or adding 50% more punch to all of Genesect's Special attacks. I'm also considering using a Rock Polish set, which is also a solid choice for this spot.

Conclusion:

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Personally, I like to use Substitute to block status on Latias rather than Refresh. It has more utility, as it can also block Ferrothorn's leech seed and sleep and freeze. The downside is, once you are status'd, there is no way to fix that. However, it also means you get a free move if you encounter a threat: they break your sub as they take a D pulse, then you switch out, etc.

The obvious needs to be stated in that you are going to get ripped apart by any powerful water type, although Choice Band Azumarill is the worst. You have 4 water weaknesses which is way too many for any team. I would recommend Hitmontop, whose bulk and foresight can be used to make certain that sr is gone.
Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Ability- Intimidate
Nature-Impish
EV's- 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SDef
1. Foresight
2. Rapid Spin
3. Close Combat
4. Sucker Punch
This will provide you with the same spin support and a priority move. Plus it doesn't leave you open to every water type out there.
Other than that, the only change I would make is to put Fire Blast over Flamethrower on Chandy, because the power difference is important to net a few key KO's. If you want, you can also go Overheat there but that is normally not necessary.
Good Luck

@V0x: I used to run Sub, but if Latias got hit by Toxic somehow, it was essentially worthless. It helped a lot against Leech Seed (and sleep and freeze, yes) so I might try it again, but I like being able to set up on Seismic Toss Blisseys.

@Jirachinaught: Ahh, I always forget about Hitmontop. I definitely will try it out, because the Water weakness is pretty crippling. The only concern is that I'll lose Ice Shard, which I use often to check Dragons, but I can work around that. I'll probably use Fire Blast, too, thanks.

Threat list added.

I'd switch sawsbuck with venasaur, if he gets growth once, oh dear god it is scary.
Also i'd put a water wall like jellicent or vaporeon to aborb the obvious water attacks

Venusaur is awesome in the sun, but I can't remove Sawsbuck - it takes care of Chansey and Blissey as well as being an excellent physical presence, which I wouldn't have otherwise.

This is a really solid Sun team, so I'll keep this short.

You're using the wrong nature on Tales, it needs Timid so it can revenge Excadrill. Since you're running Sub consider HP Fight over Disable so you can take down Heatran from behind a Sub, and finish off TTars with it the second time it comes in if you burned it the first, again from behind a Sub. This may help with Chan's difficulty OHKOing it.

I'd really think about D-E on Saws - after SR it OHKOs Latios for sure, where Return falls somewhat short. You also don't need max Spe on him - 188 is enough to beat everything you need to and the speed creep hasn't got past 200 yet - letting you invest more in HP to reduce recoil.

Love you using CM Latias, Dragons go really well with Sun and with your mono-attacking set everything that resists is covered by your Fire mons. That said, could it not take Blissey 1 on 1 if the situation calls for it, since you seem to be having problems with her? Even if its a bit of a stall war the ability to kill her would be invaluable and reduce the pressure on the rest of your team.

Chan looks fine, I'd consider Scarf to enable you to revenge and trap more stuff safely, but it's up to you.

On Volc I'd switch Lum for Chesto Berry - Lum lets you absorb status once and have a 66% heal, whereas ChestoRest lets you tank status while you boost more then heal to 100%, which imo is much more useful, also I think at about +5 it can take down Blissey, so if you get a few boosts before it comes in then you could rest off the status and S-Toss damage and potentially beat it that way.

Aside from that it looks good, if Latias can't take Blissey I'll try and come up with something that can so let me know.

@Benlisted: Thanks for the comments :)

For Ninetales, you're right, switched to Timid. I'll try out HP Fighting as well, since it would be nice to dent TTar enough to ensure that Chandelure can KO with its HP Fighting later on. Also switched WoW to Toxic to hurt Politoed more, as I won't be needing that against TTar.

On Sawsbuck, again correct about the EVs - I was using that spread already, and listed it incorrectly on the thread. I'll try Double-Edge as well.

CM Latias is great, yeah. And yes, it can take on almost all Blissey, especially in Sun, as it will defrost after one turn even I get the unlucky Ice Beam freeze.

Might try Scarf Chan as you suggested, because I don't need to ensure as much damage output on TTar if I'm carrying HP Fight on Ninetales to hurt it as well.

After I implement these changes, I'll trial ChestoRest as well, because things that Toxic more than once while I'm setting up are a large pain.

As for Blissey, it's much less of a threat now with the addition of Hitmontop who can KO it with CC, and yes, if it comes down to it Latias can take it 1 on 1.

Besides all that, I'm considering Venusaur over Sawsbuck, because I have less need for a Blissey check due to the addition of Hitmontop. Its added bulk would also help against things like three-attack DD Feraligatr, which is one of the largest threats to this team.

Just to point it out really, if trying to beat TTar with Tales or similar by Sub+WoWing to be safe from CB Pursuit and ScarfTar OHKOing you, then the halved attack will be invaluable if it is indeed a CBTar looking to Pursuit you, as otherwise you would likely be OHKOd by it on the way out.

Also, even if not a Choice Tar, SpD variants barely get 2HKOd by HP Fight with residual damage from SR and WoW (which on the first two turns of it being active does more damage than Toxic) so be very careful about what set you are facing if dropping WoW, essentially. WoW may not be able to force things out like Toxic but the halved attack and better initial damage may prove crucial. You also have Toxic on Top, so WoW on Tales imo would serve you better.

I also normally recommend Foresight over Sucker Punch since it helps a ton more with being able to spin, but since this is DW and Chan is rampant I can see it's utility.

first i got to say this is a very good team sir
now you need a steel somewhere to absorb outrages and a floating one for the matter (skarm), not only does it help you with the dragons, but also it let you have rocks somewhere (and man specially your team needs rocks) so maybe skarm over latias?? or chandelure?? i really dont know but the other four are vital (as i see it chandelure is the weak link, but shadow tag is too hard to pass), add foresight over toxic on hitmontop since rocks hamper your team alot and is alot more important to get rid of them asap than to kill the spin blocker
finally im in favor of venu over saws. either full special or mix work wonders (also venu absorbs toxic spikes and bulky volcarona hates toxic spikes almost as much as it hates rocks)

@changos:

Although I would love to have Skarm to take care of Dragons (which can be a lot of trouble) I really can't remove either Latias or Chandelure. One of the main jobs of both Pokemon is to remove the opposing weather inducer, whether it be Politoed, Hippo, or TTar. If I had space, that would be one of my top considerations, but I don't.

Currently Testing:

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Mild Nature (+SpAtk, -Def)
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 192 SpAtk / 64 Spe

- SolarBeam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake
- Growth

With the given Speed EVs, it has just enough Speed to outspeed a +1 DD Feraligatr in the sun. Solarbeam for the added power it provides over Energy Ball, since Venusaur without sun won't be doing much of anything anyway - this is usually brought out after the opposing Tyranitar or Politoed is taken out. HP Fire provides good coverage alongside Solarbeam and gets pseudo-STAB in sun. Earthquake helps against more specially-defensive oriented Pokemon and can put a big dent in Tyranitar as well, which is always appreciated.

Another consideration:If I run ChestoRest Volcarona over the current set, it seems to me that it hardly makes sense to continue running a Sun team, because the only Pokemon that gets a major benefit (besides the Fire-attack boost) would be Venusaur/Sawsbuck. That being the case, any opinions on whether I should simply remove the weather altogether?

Venusaur is a deadly enough sweeper to run Sun for alone, with a variety of pokes you'd see on a normal team, tbh. Sun cripples opposing weather as well as giving you bonuses, don't forget, as without Tales Excadrill would tear you a new one. Chandelure also does benefit from Sun with boosted STAB.

Addressing a few points now:

- Venusaur has replaced Sawsbuck. Mixed Growth in sun is just too good to pass up, and the ability to absorb Toxic Spikes (and not needing to get Hitmontop poisoned) is also a nice extra quirk of using Venusaur. It's also bulkier, and being able to surprise Steels with HP Fire has netted me more than a few free kills.

- I'm testing a slightly different set and item on Hitmontop - I would like more opinions on this, I like what I'm seeing so far. Check the analysis for more details.

- HP Fighting has been changed back to Disable on Ninetales to screw with Politoed more; Hitmontop and the others can slowly wear down TTar anyway.

- Unlucky crits that bypass Volcarona's SpDef boosts are awful, and have cost me several matches.

- Decided that I'm sticking with Flamethrower on Chandelure, I don't need the extra power when I have Specs already and can't afford a miss.

- Latias is really fantastic. One person even asked if my Latias was somehow holding a Soul Dew, that's how bulky she is. :]

Great team I dont have much to say as everyone has pretty much covered it but for Top have foresight instead of toxic to deal with spin-blockers as I don't see the use in toxic.

I've considered it, but during my battles, there are four main Ghosts who switch in to block Rapid Spin - Jellicent, Sableye, Dusclops, and Chandelure. Against the first three, I'd rather get in the crucial Toxic than spin Rocks away immediately, because it seriously hinders their stalling ability and I need them out of the way in any case. Hitmontop is screwed against Chandy in the sun anyway, so if I see it on the opponent's team before the battle, I'll be very cautious before attempting to spin hazards away. Also, Toxic helps a lot against the Dragons that Hitmontop often switches in against, limiting their sweeping longevity, so I think I'm keeping that move for now.

Bump, completely new team and concept - suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Haven't gotten around to fixing threat list yet.

Why nit just start a new thread?

Anyways, you should definitely use Overheat on Chandelure as it destroys anything not resistant, which of course includes steels. Considering you will be using it as a Revenge killer it won't be staying in longer than a hit or two anyway, so the SpA drop is irrelevant. Other than that, are four dragons really necessary? You could try an offensive steel type (Assuming you want to go hyper-offense) such as Choice band Scizor for some nice extra resistances and ridiculously powerful priority. Also nice bulk, and a favorite of mine, so there's your bias. Nice team though.

Personally, I would think Garchomp would make a better scarfer than Haxorus, but I'm not sure if Haxorus could then successfully imitate Garchomp's current role. The big problem I see is the huge weak to enemy Scarfchomps, especially after Magnezone dies. Also, I dunno if it would do better than the other dragons, but is there any chance Kyurem could help you?

@Teandal: I use Fire Blast almost solely so that I can beat Sableye, as the rest of my team doesn't enjoy getting burned. I have considered Scizor and Genesect over Salamence to offset the massive Scarfed Dragon weakness a bit, thanks.

@Parasol Kirby: I do like Scarfchomp, but I don't think Haxorus would be able to fill Garchomp's role; it lacks bulk and that Ground-typing. Scarfchomps are best checked by Salamence, who can come in, Intimidate it, tank the Dragon Claw/Outrage with Haban berry, and Draco Meteor/Outrage for the kill.

Lol after posting I see a lot of ppl trying ur team. All our games makes it easy now they dont play it as good as u. Awesome team tho

What up dude this is Jewb/Fiddy/Testing Tubes and it's funny cause we used pretty much the same thing and got to pretty much the same ranking.

Anyways, I don't know if you tried the items that I told you i was running. But if you did not, I was running Band on Haxorus, Dnite, and salamence with a scarf on garchomp. Here is the reason why:

Haxorus was the power hitter and his niche on the team was being that he was the only dragon that could take some ice hits. Choice scarf would be good on him but when you needed raw power, even Dnite couldn't pull it off the way hax can, as he can 2hKO some steels with his outrage, Dnite could only 3HKO. Also, I put brick break on hax instead of endeavor because of ttar. Sand teams with excadrill can be a problem, and a tyranitar running around with ice beam/ice punch can be the biggest problem of the SS team because chandy cant do a thing and most of the time an EQ cant either.

Garchomp had scarf as a buffer to the teams dragon weakness. A scarfed garchomp could really wreck the team because haxorus speed just doesn't cut it. He was the revenge killer (besides mag/tag)

Salamence doesn't look to bad. As you know, his niche on the team was spam intimidates. He was the best fighting (or physical) counter, such as conkeldurr, that the team could provide. While I had band, im sure that set could do fine as well. Draco meteor really adds to that. I might have to try that.

Dnite was the exact set that I used. Priority and the second (first for you) hardest hitting outrage on the team with multiscale is a blessing.

I also had discharge on manezone because you could spam that just in case their was something fast and you needed it to slow down.

We have the exact same chandy set except I had overheat. It works with sableye because I just used shadow ball against it.

I have to say that after the use of this team I am in love with it. It got me to #6 and I never realized how much synergy a team with dragons can have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)