(peaked #92) (help me advanced players) Hyper offensive Sand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have been playing competitive pokemon for about a year on smogon now and I have peaked on the ladder several time but not very high. I just would want some recommendations from advanced players to see what I could possibly do to make this team better. This is a pretty meta abusing team. Anyway this is a hyper offensive sand team.

To start off any sand team you would need well hippowdon or Tyranitar. I found that hippowdon lacked the offensive presence that Tyranitar had. Other than setting up weather though the only move I actually consistently use with Ttar is pursuit. Pursuit is such a powerful move when u know somebody is going to switch. Yes the keldeo+ttar core is so typical but I'm not complaining. Basically have keldeo in when somebody is about to use a psychic move then switch to ttar who is unaffected. I now have the ability to kill the pesky latios/latias, celebi, reuniclus, or alakazam. The other moves are kind of filler I don't really use them that much. Maybe superpower or earthquake for heatran and things like that. Stone edge is a powerful stab but of course is unreliable. Idk how many games I have lost from a dumb stone edge miss. I also use choice band because I switch a lot with this team so I need to do some damage fast then switch out. I don't always start with ttar but I actually start with him a lot against rain teams. I just pursuit politoed to get some damage on him b4 he switches out. If I have won the weather war then I tend to use ttar as like a suicide switch in case I ever need one. I also switch into ttar often from a predicted ice move onto landorus. With fighting moves directed at ttar I usually switch into chandelure and if not I switch into landorus-t. Also if I really have to risk it or stuff died I will switch into keldeo from a fighting move. Also the random 1 speed ev is just to outspeed most other common ttars who run similar evs but my superpower outspeeds them by 1 for the kill.

Next another valuable member on my team would have to be magnezone. Magnezone is actually my lead a lot of times. I lead with magnezone if I see forretress, ferrothorn, skarmory or sometimes even scizor (most scizors carry superpower but at full health I survive with 4% most of the time but if I don’t possibly have full health I try not to risk killing scizors with magnezone unless I know for a fact they do not carry superpower or are stuck on a choiced bullet punch or bug bite.) I use substitute to avoid leech seeds and also get a kill on the next incoming pokemon. I don’t sub all the time though because sometimes Skarmory will whirlwind or forretress will volt switch. Although once steels are eliminated I usually will suicide switch magnezone. Things I use magnezone with outside of steels: celebi, ttar, starmie, gyarados, and especially cloyster. Now I can’t kill celebi with hp fire but I can sure do about 40% until they are frustrated and switch. Well ttar if I think that I am faster than it I will flash cannon it. Starmie not all of them even carry surf or hydro pump mainly jus boltbeam. Although I can still survive a surf I just kill it with thunderbolt. The same goes for gyarados except waterfall kills me a lot since I’m not usually at full health with it. Well cloyster leads think they are funny but I easily kill them because all of its skill link moves do like nothing to magnezone even when they shell smash. One steel I do have a problem with is jirachi. The damn hax even with an 8% iron head often is just too much. I usually do about 40% to it though with hp fire. Now for the synergy, my main switch with magnezone is to chandelure. It takes fire, fighting, and even ground moves like a boss thanks to its balloon. I often also switch into landorus to avoid ground moves or take fighting moves. From other pokemon I sometimes switch into magnezone from ghost moves onto chandelure, ice moves from lando, or even psychic moves onto keldeo. Also the damn jellicent makes me switch to magnezone often because keldeo is powerless against jelli obviously. The one ev of speed similar to ttar is just to outspeed most other common magnezones who run similar sets to mine. I also switch into magnezones for choiced outrages obviously. I also use expert belt since I used to run life orb which worked better on non steels but I found magnezone to die too easily. I then switched to expert belt which works well against steels obviously and other things I have super effective moves against. Although, neutral moves seem kind of lacking without life orb.

Now chandelure the air balloon set once I figured out about it I thought it was amazing. I mean this thing can switch in from so many moves onto my pokemon it is just unbelievable. The main thing I do is often on the switch set up a sub to scout since they usually switch out then I hit that pokemon with a powerful move. Chandelure not to mention is a beast in sun when u can just spam overheat. Shadowball is used to kill the likes of alakazam, gengar, jelli sometimes, reuniclus, etc… Now for the surprise…hp ground. Now with this set I might as well call chandelure “heatran killer.” A predicted lava plume gives me a great flash fire boost. If the opponent even sees the switch coming they often earth power with also does nothing. Hp ground then just annihilates heatran. Since killing scizor doesn’t always work out with magnezone I often use overheat to kill it. Overheat is a great move which I can use except misses have cost me too many damn games to count. I feel so evil when I get a flash fire in the sun oh how I can just spam overheat. A will o wisp from jelli, heatran, dusclops, or sableye I greatly appreciate. Not to mention if I have something asleep from breloom it is helpless against chandelure as bullet seed doesn’t do much to me. My problem with chandelure is its survivability. One move and the next pokemon often kills it. Chandelure has to be the staple of this team with synergy. I switch from my major fighting weaknesses onto chandelure which are directed at ttar, magnezone, or stoutland. Fire moves from magnezone obviously go to chandelure. I love to kill mamoswines especially which try to kill magnezone when they see I have a balloon. From chandelure I often switch to landourus t if my balloon is popped to avoid ground moves. Water moves or even ground moves often leave me to switch to keldeo. Ghost moves often have me switch to ttar. Although this is risky and often counting on focus blast to miss from gengar, alakazam, or reuiniclus.

Well here is keldeo everybody’s favorite pony. Keldeo’s main purpose is to spam random hydro pumps or surfs. This is given an advantage with the common rain teams. Although pokemon with abilities such as water absorb or similar abilities often hamper this. These pokemon mostly include jellicent, toxicroak, and gastrodon. I usually secret sword on expected switches to gastrodon or toxicroak (it does more to toxicroak though.) It doesn’t do much but it’s some damage then I switch out. Icy wind is there for dragons who think they are safe especially those common 4x weakness dragons. Dragonite I often wait for the sandstorm to break its multiscale then I icy wind it. Icy wind goes for the rest: salamence, garchomp, etc... Icy wind also might go for gliscor or lando if for some reason I don’t surf. Icy wind isn’t very powerful so often the pokemon I do it on kill me. What it does do is give an opportunity for my slower pokemon to kill the other pokemon. This allows ttar, chandelure, or magnezone to clean up. Sometimes I lead with keldeo if I notice that there is a sun team then I usually secret sword for some damage. Keldeo is also useful for killing the blobs with secret sword. Heatran also can be taken care of if chandelure is gone. Basicaly though I just spam quick surfs. The synergy for keldeo often is switches with ice or water moves aimed at lando. Water moves or ghost moves from chandelure. Or even ground moves from magnezone. When I have keldeo in and I switch out it is almost always to ttar for pursuit. If not it is to lando for electric moves. Or even magnezone on occasions.

Now landorus therian is so damn powerful. I mean u can just earthquake almost anything for some good damage. Stealth rocks is used in case I see a volcarona, the genies, dragonite, etc…(or charizard lol.) I don’t actually use stealth rocks on a switch though I actually tend just to earthquake whatever pokemon they want to switch into. Superpower is used for pokemon who tend to run balloons (mostly heatran or ninetales.) Hp ice is used for opposing lando, dragons, and gliscor. Well my team absolutely hates other lando or gliscor. They are just so difficult to kill so hp ice has proven to be quite useful. I often switch into dragons for choiced outrages or things like that then I hp ice them. Ground moves to chandelure allow me to hp ice gliscor or lando as well. A switch from a ground move to chandelure to lando is also very common. I actually us lando a lot to kill scizor since none of its moves really do much after an intimidate. Lando is a common switch for a lot of things mostly physical moves obviously which would force a switch. Lando has a life orb for some nice extra earthquake damage with the ability of choosing other moves. Honestly with lando I can switch into any other pokemon .

Last but not least is stoutland. Stoutland is usually saved for the end to spam return. I cannot stress how powerful return is I mean 100 base power+stab+choice band with doubled speed I mean it’s pretty amazing. Then for that reason I have to take out steels with magnezone. Rock pokemon also need to go. Ghosts are not too much of a problem but they also do not allow return to function. Other moves are actually not filler similar to some of my other pokemon. Ice fang is used for dragons, lando, etc… Wild charge is mainly used for gyarados but is often used against other bulky waters. Superpower is pretty useful against heatran or ttar. I usually switch out of stoutland to lando or chandelure for fighting moves. I can often switch into stoutland if I think that a move isn’t threatening enough to kill it. Although for the most part, I usually wait until a pokemon dies and near the end as well to send in stoutland at full health.

Well now for the main threats to this team: sabeleye, breloom, trick room, blobs, cresselia, scizor, terrakion, toxicroak/scarfty, lando/gliscor, and if there are any more I will say later but this is all I can really think of. Well sabeleye is an absolute nightmare for this team. When I see it I cringe. It is truly difficult to kill. None of my pokemon can ohko that prick. The way I usually try to kill it is a will o wisp switch to chandelure with an overheat. That seems do it sometimes. Breloom I hate that dumb bag of shrooms. I have to sacrifice one thing to sleep which sucks obviously. What I usually sacrifice is magnezone or ttar. Then I switch into chandelure most of the time to kill it or even lando sometime for some damage. Geez when that one trick room team with heatran and eruption was popular I don’t remember getting raped so badly by anything. My team is too meta and trick room just screwed things up so hard. Well with the amount of special attack I run the blobs can be a pain. I usually try to superpower them with anything but that isn’t even a guaranteed ohko. Well cresselia isn’t very common but it’s just none of my pokemon can ohko it so damn it’s a pain plus it sets up screens omg. I guess I try to shadow ball it with chandelure or pursuit it with ttar. Well as for scizor it’s stab moves just do so much and I can’t just spam return to kill it unlike many other pokemon. The same goes for terrakion. Those pokemon are scary because priority moves and terrakion is quick and can just kill pretty much my whole team. Well basically if toxicroak gets set up with bulk ups on my team in rain gg. There is not much else to say. Whether it runs ice punch or sucker punch though is a factor. Scrafty is practically the same thing and therefore is an issue. With scrafty I try to kill it with some sort of superpower preferably from lando. Well if my ice moves r gone lando/gliscor means pretty much gg to my team not much else to say. As you can see the two main problems to this team would be powerful fighting pokemon and pokemon that I can’t ohko (yes that seems kinda dumb but my team is hyper offensive and relies on them.) Thanks for reading and I would appreciate the feedback from advanced players

And sorry guys for not doing the format with the evs, abilities, and movesets but if u read it you will see it. I just forgot to do it. Although idk how to edit it so here it still is unchanged.

I think you would be better off with air balloon heatran over chandelure, it would perform the same kinda role. The advantage of this is it takes a lot of pressure off magnezone to stop dragons, I would run fire blast / earth power / hp ice / will-o|toxic|taunt for the set. Interesting choice of pictures btw....
hope I helped, lol. :]

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
great pics man haha im not into that kind of stuff but im an accepting guy so heres a rate haha !! :)

actually theres no sets but whatever

change chandelure to heatran like jaggedshards said; hes a youtube pro so his rates are like reading the quran i suggest you pay attention to them, i'd also consider making tyranitar a choice band if it isnt already to support keldeo by trapping its counters and also wearing down stoutlands counters

also maybe slap another balloon on magarino because rp land violently fucks this team without any balloons, so it might be better to get some insurance and use 2, would be rad if you posted sets tho haha

congrats on the peak also!

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hi,

So like others have said, you do need to add sets to your post. Just simply click the edit button at the bottom left of your post and paste a showdown/PO exportable. I'll check back in around 24 hours or so to see if you have added exportables, otherwise I will have to lock this thread.

Edit: PM me your sets and I will unlock this for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)