Persian looks to be quite a good Pokemon. (RMT)

Persian
@ Leftovers
Technician - 1.5x attack for <=60BP moves
Jolly: 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 6 HP
- Hypnosis
- Somersault
- Double-Edge
- Fake Out

Leads. First Fake Out (90 power with Technician and STAB!), then Hypnosis if necessary. Somersault out when I need to, AKA whenever something is going to successfully attack. A pity Somersault isn't 60 BP... this thing will probably be brought out whenever something dies, as it's not easy to switch in but getting a Fake Out and a Somersault on things is really cool. Jolly can put Gar to sleep, which is nice. 252/252/6 is being used here because Persian can't take hits anyway, and if it is taking hits I'm using it wrong.

Staraptor
@ Choice Band
Intimidate
Adamant: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Return
- Brave Bird
- In Fight
- Somersault

Just hits things relatively quickly and powerfully. More lazy 252/252/6 EVs because Staraptor has no business taking hits anyway, and badly needs as much attack and speed as it can get.

Alakazam
@ Leftovers
Synchronize
Modest: 232 Spd, 208 SpA, 70 HP
- Guard Swap
- Psychic
- Focus Bomb
- Calm Mind

If they bring out a tank, bring out this. Blissey especially will not enjoy Focus Bomb on its now-crippled SpDef. EVs outspeed Garchomp while surviving 3 Seismic Tosses. I'm also considering dropping FB for HP Ice to hit the landshark, but I'm not sure about losing the SE against normals. Calm Mind added because with the lower SpA, it needs it to 2HKO Blissey.

Rhyperior
@ Choice Band
Hard Rock - SE attacks do 33%? less
Adamant: 252 Atk, 222 Def, 36 HP
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Snow Slide
- Megahorn

Essentially, if I get this in the opponent will regret it. The nice thing about Rhyperior is it can switch into a bunch of different physical sweepers if I predict right. In addition, it can take 2 waterfalls from most Gyarados and KO back with Stone Edge.

Heracross
@ Choice Band
Guts
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- In Fight
- Sleep Talk

Absorbs status and hits things hard. Can switch into Tyranitar Crunches better than anything else on the team, but that doesn't say much.

Slowbro
@Leftovers
Own Tempo
Modest: 252 HP, 60 Def, 198 SpA
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Surf

Says "hi" to most anything Rhyperior doesn't like, most notably Garchomp. Also paralyzes random things and generally is a bulky water. EVs OHKO Garchomp while being 3HKOed by Rhyperior, who this team otherwise has problems with. Unfortunately, a more defensive spread still won't help this guy out against Life Orb Gablias, as it will still die a horrible death against 1 SD EQ.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I like this team alot, seeing is it is not completely full of the same 6 pokemon. Heracross should have a boring 252 Atk/252 Spd Adamant spread, with remaining EV's shoved wherever you see fit.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Your whole team has problems with Heracross...

Rhyperior is pretty good against Gyarados if it lacks Waterfall (a DD Earthquake does maybe 40%, while Stone Edge will OHKO), but if it has it, you're in for a world of pain. A 349 ATK DD Waterfall may very likely OHKO with those EVs (346-408 damage).

You lack a special wall and your Zam is kinda slow... you'll be relying on Persian, which might work against Agunomu but probably not so much against Raikou.

Life Orb Garchomp OHKOs everything on your team after a Swords Dance, and that's pretty disturbing. You might want to make your Slowbro a bit more defensive, since the only way you can even have a chance against Garchomp is by sleeping it with Persian.

I really dont think GarChomp will be much of a problem for him. First, he has staraptor intimidate + sacrifice if worst comes to worste. Second, there's nothing that it can really set up on, except maybe Rhyperior CB Stone edge. Any other move from his CBers will hurt a lot if it tries to set up, and then Alakazam(which needs more speed for Jolly goblias i think)/Persian can come in for a kill if the initial hit didnt ko it for some reason. Alakazam can sub to scout for CB and guard swap/psychic it if it tries to Swords dance. Slowbro has ice beam. I guess it can still set up on persian if something's already asleep.

You might want to drop Double Edge on Persian and replace it with Shadow Claw. You'll lack a powerful STAB move then, but you can take down Ghosts who otherwise screw with Fake Out. Interesting set and strategy though.

I really think you need some Wish support with all those Choice Banders. Vaporeon, Jirachi or Togekiss are all good. I guess you could try something like Leafeon if you're trying to keep away from too many standards.

I recommend Return over DE on Staraptor. You don't need 2 recoil moves, and BB hits everything as hard as DE. (I think)

I like this team alot, seeing is it is not completely full of the same 6 pokemon. Heracross should have a boring 252 Atk/252 Spd Adamant spread, with remaining EV's shoved wherever you see fit.
Done.

Your whole team has problems with Heracross...

Rhyperior is pretty good against Gyarados if it lacks Waterfall (a DD Earthquake does maybe 40%, while Stone Edge will OHKO), but if it has it, you're in for a world of pain. A 349 ATK DD Waterfall may very likely OHKO with those EVs (346-408 damage).

You lack a special wall and your Zam is kinda slow... you'll be relying on Persian, which might work against Agunomu but probably not so much against Raikou.
Well, I'll just have to outpredict Heracross, as I'm not sure what Pokemon can deal with it 100%... I can switch in Staraptor on Megahorn (or EQ), Rhyperior on Megahorn or Stone Edge, and Slowbro on random fighting move, but if I screw up I lose a Pokemon. I don't like it, but I don't see any better options.

Shoot, I forgot that Waterfall is 4x, not just 2x! That'd be why I thought Rhyperior could take 2 Waterfalls when in fact it can't even take 1 DD'd one. However, the only way I could take a Waterfall is by scaling my defensive stats way up, and I'm not sure I'm willing to sacrifice that attack... BTW, what stat calculator are you using? I can't find a good one for DP... I've been using MetalKid's online one, but it's missing significant amounts of info, which is a problem.

I sped up Zam a bit, but it's still too slow... do you know if Guard Swap steals defensive bonuses too? If it does, that could be funny on Raikou, and would give me a really good reason to switch to Timid, I think.

Life Orb Garchomp OHKOs everything on your team after a Swords Dance, and that's pretty disturbing. You might want to make your Slowbro a bit more defensive, since the only way you can even have a chance against Garchomp is by sleeping it with Persian.
Unfortunately, Life Orb SD Garchomp has a shot at OHKOing Slowbro even if I run 252/252, so I'm not sure what I can really do about that, other than desperate strategies involving sacrifices or just hitting it on the switchin.

I really dont think GarChomp will be much of a problem for him. First, he has staraptor intimidate + sacrifice if worst comes to worste. Second, there's nothing that it can really set up on, except maybe Rhyperior CB Stone edge. Any other move from his CBers will hurt a lot if it tries to set up, and then Alakazam(which needs more speed for Jolly goblias i think)/Persian can come in for a kill if the initial hit didnt ko it for some reason. Alakazam can sub to scout for CB and guard swap/psychic it if it tries to Swords dance. Slowbro has ice beam. I guess it can still set up on persian if something's already asleep.
Yeah, Zam now has 334 speed, outspeeding max Jolly chomp.

You might want to drop Double Edge on Persian and replace it with Shadow Claw. You'll lack a powerful STAB move then, but you can take down Ghosts who otherwise screw with Fake Out. Interesting set and strategy though.

I really think you need some Wish support with all those Choice Banders. Vaporeon, Jirachi or Togekiss are all good. I guess you could try something like Leafeon if you're trying to keep away from too many standards.
Hmm... interesting idea. I think I'll keep Double-Edge, though, if only because it's a good powerful attack I can use if something like Garchomp comes out to play and I _really_ need to deal some damage quickly. Fortunately for me, that's something that can easily be changed if I really have problems with ghosts.

I dunno about wish support, though, as it comes with a wishing Pokemon attached, and I don't really want a slower Pokemon on my team, and I've never liked any of them. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

I recommend Return over DE on Staraptor. You don't need 2 recoil moves, and BB hits everything as hard as DE. (I think)
Done.

I like the persian, i thought of a set kinda like that, one suggestion tho, maybe you should use another item instead of leftovers, on a pokey as fragile as Persian it might not be most efficient one. Perhaps you could use the magnifying glass to increase the accuracy of hypnosis, since you can't really afford it to miss much, also maybe Life Orb to make Fake Out and Sommersault do more damage.
Also, if you have problems with Heracross, you can change DE for AA, which would also work with Technician, although wouldnt help much with anything else...

Life Orb or Magnifying glasses (solely for Hypnosis accuracy) would be 100% better on Persian than Lefties.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)