Phobias and fears

Genophobia, a fear of knees is had by a Year 11 girl at my school. She feels like vomiting and running away when she sees them. My half-sister has arachibutyrophobia, a fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of her mouth, and I have taphophobia, a fear of being buried alive. o_0

Your thread is in the Cryonics, and it's about strange phobias, mine is about phobias and fears, particularly those from which Smogonites are suffering. They're different threads, and thread remakes exist anyway
you're not funny u stupid cunt
I wans't serious nor trying to be "funny". (answer goes for both of above).

But, I guess I'll go on a serious note and say I have arachnophobia. It's less severe than before; I used to literally jump/scream/run from a spider, but now kind of standing still with fear inside especially if someone is around me, but it happens when I'm alone too.

I'm absolutely scared of dead fish. Stupid, I know, but I once palye da game and there were dead fish floating in a fish tank. o_e

I'm really scared of breaking my nails. Not because I'm going to ruin my (non-existent) manicure, but just because it freaks me out. At least I can cut them myself, unlike when I was younger, when it scared the bejeebers out of me.

Freaking out and killing someone. Sounds stupid but I have this recurring dream where I hit someone too hard, accidentally kill them, then end up in jail with my life completely fucked forever. It's scary.

That and being homeless. And balloons popping.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
For the longest time I had an upright fear of holding babies. I was so scared I would drop them, and it was probably from lack of experience. Only recently when my brothers started having kids have I gotten past that.
Same here. Until my cousin had a kid who loves me. So now I really enjoy babies. But when I first held one I was so concerned because they feel so freaking fragile like I could break them in half by accident which would probably go straight to number one on my list of horrible fucking things I've done.

I have a fear of the innards of ...any animal really. We're learning about biology and thus all of the systems in your body this term, and I really can't see some of the organs etc. without getting really squeamish. We also dissect a cat later this term and I'm a bit worried about that.

LEFT HANDED PEOPLE WHO USE THEIR RIGHT HAND ALLIANCE!!!
let me join ur clan plz

I also have an irrational fear of bugs.

And disembodied heads.

But I'm pretty sure that's inherently scary.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, the dark. Afraid crazy girl-murderers with Higurashi faces will jump out at any moment, hearing footsteps and getting really freaked out at the wind, the dark is not a nice place.

When I was a wee lad I was terrified of wasps hiding underneath the rim of the toilet bowl. Not that I ever found any but that didn't stop me from checking every time I took a dump for two years.

Nowadays I'm only afraid of perfectly rational things to be afraid of, like the dark.

Somehow the sound of fingernails on not-so-smooth stuff like low-quality silk or polyester has always made me cringe since I was a little kid. I can manage it better now, but I still can't stand to run a fingernail along the sheets. Strange.

I guess I'm a little gymnophobic; I really hate the idea of anyone seeing me naked. I close the blinds all the way when I take a bath, and turn any shampoo/hair dye bottles/boxes with pictures of people on around so they can't see me. And put flannels over the faces of the rubber ducks so they won't look at me. And I always use the cubicles in public toilets, and to get changed in when I go swimming.

natalie

property of alex
this made me laugh for ten minutes straight the first time i saw it (when i was about twelve), gary larson is amazing :)

i'm scared of spots never going away. every time i get one that looks stubborn, i pray and hope that it will go away and not end up a permanent feature. my grandma has one of those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)