Platinum Battle Frontier (Round 1 - Battle Hall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
KD24 and JRRRRRRR host ... The Platinum Battle Frontier Tourney!

*Approved by Earthworm

"Welcome to the Platinum Battle Frontier!"

Introduction:

Congratulations! You have been accepted to the Battle Frontier after barely edging out Cynthia and the rest of Elite 4. In this tournament, you will have to show off your knowledge of Pokemon and adapt to different situations each round.

Upon your visit, you see 63 other trainers (and some of their loyal substitutes!). You quickly recgonize some Frontier Brains hanging around, trying to make an announcement.

"There are too many people here, we only want to fight the truly best trainer!"

The brains continue to explain that they will be too tired to fight this many people and to save themselves the trouble, you will all fight yourselves to see who comes out on top and who is truly ready to fight the Battle Frontier.

If you are found to be in violation of any of these rules, you will be disqualified without exception, so please pay attention.

RULES:
Sleep Clause
Freeze Clause
Self KO Clause
Item Clause
Species Clause
Timed Battle

Do Not Complain!

Latias, Garchomp and Latios are allowed! (Soul Dew is Banned)
Manaphy, Jirachi, and Celebi are not!
Wobbuffet is not allowed!
All matches are done at Level 50 with the exception of the final match!

OHKO Clause and Evasion Clause are not in effect. If you are brave enough to test your luck with OHKOs and Evasion, so be it!

This is a fun tourney to test your different knowledge and ideas of Pokemon and the Frontier.

1st Round: Battle Hall; You can only choose one Pokemon to use. The rest are to be Sticky Barb Shedinja with no damaging moves. Your lead Pokemon must be the Pokemon you intend to use for the entire match, followed by the 5 Shedinjas. Please remember what is and is not banned for this round and for the tournament, especially Self-KO clause which will ban the moves Explosion, Destiny Bond, Perish Song and any other Self-KO moves in this round.

For this round, due to Shoddy not having a 1v1 match option, the moves Roar and Whirlwind are also banned to prevent people from being disqualified for using multiple Pokemon. The move Assist is also banned, as well as any moves that take effect when your team has more than 1 Pokemon in it. This round is designed to simulate a 1-on-1 match. Please use discretion...if you have to ask "I wonder if this is banned", then the chances are that it is. Do not hesitate to ask if you need a clarification on any of these rules.

Round 1 Match-ups:

iKitsune vs. RB Golbat
latios315 vs. Hectortu
OGBallin vs. Alive
Kevin Garrett vs. Reachzero
Ionic Mew vs. Brian Mccann
ExplorerAce vs. stone_cold22
Twash vs. Beef 2.0
iBojangles vs. X-Sandstreamer-X (both subbed out- see below)
ReyScarface vs. SilentEcho
Harro237 vs. Severince (Severince subbed out- see below)
Limitless vs. tennisace
Blame Game vs. Mister Militia
JabbaTheGriffin vs. Veedrock
Lonelyness vs. PidgeyFTW (both subbed out- see below)
TheFourthChaser vs. yohenry12 (yohenry12 subbed out- see below)
Fuzznip vs. Jsaok
Legacy Raider vs. SOT
FM vs. Visto-Lorde (Visto-Lorde subbed out- see below)
Katherine vs. Dracoyoshi8
Cyberzero vs. ChickenSandwichK (csk subbed out- see below)
Bad Ass vs. snorlax
Stathakis vs. Max
Mordock vs. tito
Huntofthelion vs. matty
Locopoke vs. Thorns
Darkie vs. Vader
Kris_Pikachu vs. Lovedestiny (both subbed out- see below)
Goofball vs. Snorlax14
Olie vs. ReVeRb
TheWolf0X vs. moi
Dragonites vs. MS
Earthworm vs. paramylodon

SUBS: Kharozz, Iris, PurpleWeezing, Kaxtar, Tay, silk889, KnightoftheWind, shuppet_is_dumb, Lady Bug, Blue Kirby, -___-, Sapientia, Twist of Fate, Binabik, Mind, Tsunami, Tanner, Grey-Guus, Mizuno, Astamatitos, _Flygon_, ~Nauar~, fresh to death, Bananasplit, sasu

Please direct any questions to either myself or KD24. I am not going to require logs so long as both battlers post their results in this thread, but please keep in mind that they will be infinitely useful for us to decide any disputes if they should arise. Better safe than sorry!

Deadline: Monday, May 10. This is more than two full weeks (three weekends) to complete your battles, there is no reason why you cant arrange a time with your opponent before the deadline. I really don't want to have to choose based on perceived activity levels, this is just a pain in the ass for me and it can also be very disheartening for users to see..so please do us all a favor and get your matches done. We have a boatload of substitutes ready to get into this tourney, and we won't be afraid to use them!

edit-
These matches were not completed.

iBojangles vs. X-Sandstreamer-X
Harro237 vs. Severince
Lonelyness vs. PidgeyFTW
TheFourthChaser vs. yohenry12
FM vs. Visto-Lorde
Cyberzero vs. ChickenSandwichK
Kris_Pikachu vs. Lovedestiny

It's past the deadline, so anyone that has not posted in this thread is being subbed out. The people eliminated are: iBojangles, X-Sandstreamer-X, Severince, LonelyNess, PidgeyFTW, yohenry12, Visto-Lorde, Cyberzero, Kris_Pikachu, LoveDestiny.

The subs are: Kharozz, Iris, PurpleWeezing, Kaxtar, Tay, silk889, KnightoftheWind, shuppet_is_dumb, Lady Bug, Blue Kirby. This was determined by the order in which the subs registered. If you are a sub and you know you can't finish the match, let me know ASAP.

The new matches that need to be completed are:

Kharozz v. Iris
Harro237 v. PurpleWeezing
Kaxtar v. TAY
TheFourthChaser v. silk889
FM v. KnightoftheWind
cyberzero v. shuppet_is_dumb
Lady Bug v. Blue Kirby

Everyone will be PMd to inform them of their involvement. (edit- I just sent the PMs to everybody)

You have until the end of Wednesday, May 13 to do these matches. Any matches that aren't done by then will be awarded to the person who was originally in the tournament. Matches with two subs will be decided by coin flip if they aren't done.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Hmmm. Got a very good opponent. Ill look forward for our 1 pokemon battle, Farmer.

iKitsune vs. DP Crobat
latios315 vs. Hectortu
OGBallin vs. Alive
Kevin Garrett vs. Reachzero - Epic
ExplorerAce vs.stone_cold22
Twash vs. Beef 2.0
ReyScarface vs. SilentEcho - GL
Harro237 vs. Severince
Limitless vs. tennisace
Lonelyness vs. PidgeyFTW
Fuzznip vs. Jsaok
Legacy Raider vs. SOT
FM vs. Visto-Lorde
Bad Ass vs. snorlax
Stathakis vs. Max - :3
Mordock vs. tito
Huntofthelion vs. matty - Hard choice, very paired >_<
Locopoke vs. Thorns
Darkie vs. Vader
Goofball vs. Snorlax14
Olie vs. ReVeRb
TheWolf0X vs. moi
Dragonites vs. MS
Earthworm vs. paramylodon - You can do it Para

Also, the Shedinajs are the first pokes? Or we lead with the one we want?
Is Sash accepted? Seeing how everyone may abuse it?

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also, the Shedinajs are the first pokes? Or we lead with the one we want?

Is <item> accepted? Seeing how everyone may abuse it?
Good questions.

1) The pokemon you lead with is the pokemon you are using. Unless you intend on using Shedinja as your one Pokemon, Shedinja is not to be your lead. I updated the thread to reflect this clarification.

2) Every item and Pokemon that is allowed in the Battle Hall is allowed in this round of the tournament, the only bans are listed in the OP.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
iKitsune vs. DP Crobat
latios315 vs. Hectortu
OGBallin vs. Alive
ExplorerAce vs. stone_cold22
Twash vs. Beef 2.0
Lonelyness vs. PidgeyFTW
Legacy Raider vs. SOT
FM vs. Visto-Lorde
Bad Ass vs. snorlax
Stathakis vs. Max
Huntofthelion vs. matty
Locopoke vs. Thorns
Darkie vs. Vader
Olie vs. ReVeRb
TheWolf0X vs. moi
Dragonites vs. MS

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Good matches:

iKitsune vs. DP Crobat
latios315 vs. Hectortu
Limitless vs. tennisace
Legacy Raider vs. SOT
Stathakis vs. Max
Huntofthelion vs. matty
Locopoke vs. Thorns

Hector is the only exception to the west side rule ._.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
iKitsune vs. DP Crobat
latios315 vs. Hectortu
OGBallin vs. Alive
Kevin Garrett vs. Reachzero - Should be fun. Second tournament in a row with a big r1 matchup. ^_^;
Twash vs. Beef 2.0
Harro237 vs. Severince
Limitless vs. tennisace
Lonelyness vs. PidgeyFTW
Fuzznip vs. Jsaok
Legacy Raider vs. SOT
FM vs. Visto-Lorde
Bad Ass vs. snorlax
Stathakis vs. Max
Mordock vs. tito
Huntofthelion vs. matty
Locopoke vs. Thorns
Darkie vs. Vader
Goofball vs. Snorlax14
Olie vs. ReVeRb
TheWolf0X vs. moi
Dragonites vs. MS

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
iKitsune vs. DP Crobat
latios315 vs. Hectortu latios315 always seems to go unnoticed, except when the Suspect voters are announced.
OGBallin vs. Alive
Kevin Garrett vs. reachzero I'm actually happy to draw KG now, in the Rock-Paper-Scissors round, rather than later. Good luck, KG!
Ionic Mew vs. Brian McCann
Twash vs. Beef 2.0
Harro237 vs. Severince ???
Limitless vs. tennisace
JabbaTheGriffin vs. Veedrock I think Jabba will overthink this one, while Veedrock will somehow throw rock to his scissors. It's that kind of round.
LonelyNess vs. PidgeyFTW
Fuzznip vs. Jsaok
Legacy Raider vs. SOT This should be excellent, but never doubt the creative mind of Legacy Raider.
FM vs. Visto-Lorde Only because I've never seen Visto-Lorde troll #stark.
Katherine vs. Dracoyoshi8 "Corsair" ftw.
Cyberzero vs. ChickenSandwichK Cyberzero is okay.
Bad Ass vs. snorlax Will he be crazy enough or courageous enough to use his avatar? "LOL NO"
Stathakis vs. Max Incredibly hard to decide this one. I know "Οι Έλληνες" better.
Mordock vs. tito
Huntofthelion vs. matty matty has no chance.
Locopoke vs. Thorns Thorns enjoys "gimmicks", which is an advantage in this round. He'll definitely have an advantage over the more conventional locopoke.
Darkie vs. Vader
Goofball vs. Snorlax14
Olie vs. ReVeRb
TheWolf0X vs. moi
Dragonites vs. MS
Earthworm vs. paramylodon I shudder to think what EW, the ultimate successful "gimmick" user, will cook up for this round. I'm just glad I wasn't the one who drew him.

iKitsune vs. DP Crobat
latios315 vs. Hectortu
OGBallin vs. Alive
Kevin Garrett vs. Reachzero~Really good matchup
Twash vs. Beef 2.0
ReyScarface vs. SilentEcho~I can't pick this one, I'm rooting for both of you
Limitless vs. tennisace
Lonelyness vs. PidgeyFTW
Fuzznip vs. Jsaok
Legacy Raider vs. SOT
Bad Ass vs. snorlax
Stathakis vs. Max
Huntofthelion vs. matty~ Why can't I ever get an easy R1. Good luck, will battle you soon.
Locopoke vs. Thorns
Goofball vs. Snorlax14
Olie vs. ReVeRb
Dragonites vs. MS

Well this should be interesting, one pokemon vs one. Just hope his doesn't flat out counter mine lol.

I'm really scared about facing Jabba, but I'm glad I actually have an opponent where people will NOT predict me like fools (except reach >_>). It's a little too even to call this round so I won't try, but damn there are some good matchups, especially near the end of the list. I doubt we have any trouble actually getting the match done, it's just a matter of when (I've got a lot of things going done next week).

really no point in predicting this round. it going to be a little stressful making sure i can cover all my bases. ill pm ogbllin later

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Ummm, J7r, the rules say Item Clause, but since we are using Sticky Barb Shedinjas i guess it has to be off?

Edit: Same with Species Clause

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
Hahahah, the rules that KD gave me are just too specific for this 1-on-1 format. Yes, Rey, turn item clause off for this one (it doesnt matter, as you are only using one pokemon anyways so item clause is irrelevant for this round)

what a great way to start off a tourney; a round entirely based on luck :(
XD, although were you not expecting luck to play a part in this BATTLE FRONTIER Tourney?

Also, please let me reiterate: USE YOUR ACTUAL BATTLING POKEMON AS YOUR LEAD. IF YOU LEAD WITH ONE OF YOUR "PLACEHOLDER" POKEMON, THE MATCH IS INVALID.

How hard is it to follow simple instructions that should be obvious in the first place? gah

reyscarface

World Defender
Great

Resume of the game:

Togekiss vs Infernape
Fake Out.
I use Air Slash, i miss he hits me with CC.
I use Air Slash, DONT get the flinch, he hits me again.

Got a great lead, but hax decided this.

"GG"... wth am i saying... it was the meaning of a Bad Game decided by luck

Edit: Farmer, the shit is, the odds of me missing and THEN not getting the flinch are below 2%...

Farmer

But I don't dry tears, I just aim at them on purpose
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Great

Resume of the game:

Togekiss vs Infernape
Fake Out.
I use Air Slash, i miss he hits me with CC.
I use Air Slash, DONT get the flinch, he hits me again.

Got a great lead, but hax decided this.

"GG"... wth am i saying... it was the meaning of a Bad Game decided by luck
Confirming sorry man, round one just like a coin flip.

Rey, make sure you had Serene Grace. Hustle is the default ability, and it would explain the miss and lack of flinch rate.

reyscarface

World Defender
Rey, make sure you had Serene Grace >_> It's not the primary ability, and it would explain the miss and lack of flinch.
Im 100% sure i gave it Serene Grace, it was the first thing i did, even before moves/Evs.

Also, Serene Grace has nothing to do with the miss, its a 5% chance of missing, so its almost impossible to miss.

But hey! thats pokemon (you can tell i hate hax -.-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)