Platinum on Shoddy? RMT please.

With Platinum out, I´ve decided to make a team to go along with it. I want an offensive feel for it, though not all of my pokemon are hard hitters. The idea is to set up Shaymin-S.

The Team At A Glance

Tyranitar@Choice Band
Adamant; 60 HP, 252 Atk, 196 Speed

Pursuit
Crunch
Aqua Tail
Stone Edge

Choice Band Tyranitar is a beast, simply put, and with the addition of Aqua Tail it is sure to cause even more damage. It does a minimum 51% to 252 HP / 252 Def Impish Hippowdon, which translates as a 2HKO with Stealth Rock down. It is DEFINATELY worth putting over Pursuit for that reason, IMO. I might lead with this to screw over Sash suicide leads like Azelf.

Donphan@Leftovers
Impish; 44 Speed, 212 Atk, 252 HP

Rapid Spin
Seed Bomb
Earthquake
Stealth Rock

Even though I´m going for a somewhat offensive feel for the team, I´m content with this setup for Donphan. It hits just over 300 defense and has a STAB Earthquake coming off 339 Atk. Seed Bomb is a godsend for taking Swampert out of the picture, and Rapid Spin helps out Shaymin and Salamence when it comes to Stealth Rock, especially considering their items. Stealth Rock will really help the team out, so I decided this was the best place for it to go.

Salamence@Life Orb
Naughty; 120 Atk, 252 Sp.Atk, 136 Speed

Outrage
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Draco Meteor

My own spin on MixMence fills up the third slot, destroying everything in its path. Naughty is better than Rash because Draco Meteor + Outrage still manages to kill Suicune thanks to the Sand even if they both roll only minimum damage, and I want the focus to be physical as much as possible with Outrage. Fire Blast roasts Bronzong while Earthquake pairs nicely with the other moves, taking out enemy Heatran.

Cresselia@Leftovers
Bold; 252 HP, 148 Def, 108 Sp.Def

Rest
Ice Beam
Sleep Talk
Charge Beam

I originally had SpecsVap in this slot, but then I realized I had nothing taking status. Cress can cover dragons and Gyarados while slowly but surely raising her own special attack with Charge Beam. She combines nicely with my next pokemon as well, so she deserves the slot.

Heatran@Choice Specs
Mild; 40 Atk, 252 Sp.Atk, 216 Speed

Explosion
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Dragon Pulse

Heatran is yet another hard hitter for the team, this time on the special side. STAB Specs Fire Blast is going to hurt, while Dragon Pulse picks up KOs on the dragons. Earth Power is there for opposing fire types, especially other Heatran to which I lack an exact counter. True to its volcanic inspiration, it explodes once it has done its job. Explosion lets it go out with a bang, doing 90% minimum to Bold 148 HP / 252 Def Blissey, meaning that Stealth Rocks and Sand make it an easy KO. This is extremely important, as the entire team works towards eliminating counters for my final pokemon...

Shaymin-S@Life Orb
Timid; 6 HP, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed

Air Slash
Seed Flare
Earth Power
Hidden Power Fire

Here we are, the star player of the team. Shaymin can outspeed even Weavile, and hits very hard as well. STAB is self-explanatory, with Earth Power hitting Timid ScarfTran on the switch and HP Fire hitting Bronzong and Skarm, etc. As far as counters go, they are nearly all covered. Articuno and Moltres are screwed over by Stealth Rock, as well as Zapdos, and all three need to be essentially Max / Max to resist Shaymin´s hits. Metagross and Jirachi can´t stand up to Earth Power, and Max / Max Sassy Bronzong (which is basically needed to handle Shaymin-S well) is 2HKOd by Tyranitar´s Crunch or my fire attacks. Blissey is blown to smithereens by Explosion or ripped apart by Tyranitar and Salamence, meaning that it can´t stand in the way. Registeel is really the only counter left, which can be taken care of easily thanks to its general inability to pose a threat.

Credit goes to http://www.arkeis.com for the pics.

-I may not check back in a while since I have a flight to catch, but rate away anyways.

Actually Registeel gets Ice Punch in Platinum, and iCe Shard screws that Shamin on SPEED.. er Skymin.

it can be used on local battles, and shoddy simulates local battles just as much as it does WiFi ones

mien

Tournament Banned
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Modest on Shaymin there is no reason for sacrificing power cause it already outspeeds all 110Base Spe pokes
It doesn't outspeed Azelf but knowing it will have exploded long before you even send skymin in i don't see a reason for it
It also doesn't outspeed Starmie but believe me nobody willbe so crazy tryin to revenge kill shaymin with Starman and Weavile knows Ice shard so no reason for that either

Ice Beam>>Aqua tail it simply does more damage even with CB

You might put in Scizor instead of Cresselia cause Cresselia is only usefull on Stallteams and isn't worth much on balanced teams
Scizor can take a hit as well but also hits hard, very hard against frail sweepers

Yo have Skymin listed as HP Fire, but say it has HP Ice on the analysis.
Right I forgot to change that. I'm going with Fire btw to take on steels since the dragons are pretty much covered.

What do you need Earthquake for? Pusuit is CBTar's best asset, use that over Earthquake.
Got it.

Anything else?

without your heatran your team has a major weakness to ice type atacks... think you should change one poke... donphan? to a different SRer?

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
without your heatran your team has a major weakness to ice type atacks... think you should change one poke... donphan? to a different SRer?
The biggest Ice problem after Heatran is gone is Weavile. A simple set like Swords Dance, Brick Break, Night Slash, and Ice Shard can do a lot of damage to this team. Scizor would work in place of Cresselia, as aforesaid by Mien.. Try using this:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 232 HP/252 Atk/24 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- X-Scissor

The biggest Ice problem after Heatran is gone is Weavile. A simple set like Swords Dance, Brick Break, Night Slash, and Ice Shard can do a lot of damage to this team. Scizor would work in place of Cresselia, as aforesaid by Mien.. Try using this:

Scizor @ Life Orb
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- X-Scissor
I realize the Weavile weak, but without Cresselia I have nothing taking status, and dragons become a bit more of a problem. Originally, I had SpecsVap in the slot to take on Gyara and dragons, but once again I changed it because I need to take status.

Scizor @ Life Orb
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- X-Scissor
I'd suggest Brick Break > X-Scissor, Skarmory walls that pretty bad. As mentioned before, your team is weak to Ice, so I'd suggest switching your Donphan to Forretress, so you can take hits from Outrage Salamences a lot easier.

Ice Beam does more damage to 252 HP / 152 Def / 88 SpDef Neutral Hippowdon on the same set than Aqua Tail and it's supposed to OHKO Gliscor. Plus, I believe the type coverage is much better.

I don't like at all that Shaymin, it will ruin the metagames as there is well succeeded to make it Garchomp, and as the various Lucario/Sharpedos they are ruining it, continuing of this footstep we will see it used in all the teams, I am favorable if a beautiful day the vietasserò is becoming more used of Blissey in G/S/C, a Pokémon noiso to be faced but perhaps also to use, it needs to regulate that Pokémons her, to perhaps forbid it it is exaggerated, but something will also need to do.

With Salamence and Skymin on your team wouldn't they both suffer badly from taking a lot of damage from Sandstream and holding Life Orbs? Couple that with taking hits from SR and they both will not last long.

Not to mention with Skymin usage Weavile with Ice Shard will be used more.

Edit: For the love of theorymoning, this is a RMT forum, NOT a bitch about Skymin forum. If you want to bitch about it, go elsewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)